Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

My reverse pendelum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My reverse pendelum
    Posted: 05/24/2007 at 10:23pm
Hey guys this is my reverse pendelum, what do you guys think? A lot of people can't return it.

first video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtfJ8I9Ooe4

second video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDJrbd7qxW0

third video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za3f36tngSI
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

Sponsored Links

reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 10:38pm
pretty good, seems like you have good control over it, and decent spin.  you just seem really rigid when you do that serve though, loosen up a bit more might help increase the spin, also hitting the ball a bit closer to your body may help with deception.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 10:42pm
I just seem rigit because I don't want to follow through if you look at timo boll he seems so like tave his paddle back and forth I get more spin doing it like that than being looser and following through. my boddy is loose, it's just my wrists stops at a certain point and it waves back and forth so it's like a big pack of spin held into a little motion, kind of like timo boll :)
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 10:59pm
ah i see.  well, i think serves are very individualized, so if it works well for you, then keep using it =]
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
forehandchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 11:26pm
let me comment... I hope that is for demonstration only. If you serve like that in a game... it contains only a slowspeed very weak side topspin... and the height of the ball is ideal for your opponent to kill. He can easily loop drive or just smash it down your side.

This type of serve only have two benefits.. as a surprise serve.

1. Do a bottom side spin... double bounce, this often will catch opponent off guard, return ball into net.

2. Do a top side spin.. this has to be high speed to opponents body.

Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 11:38pm
it purely sidespin which is a suprise to many because most serves have side top or side under, people underestimate the pure sidespin serve. Pushing it will cause it to fly high to my forehand. I can easily do side topspin, I've tried this serve on my USATT rated 2650 coach and he said it was an excellent serve (though he returned it like nothing ^^) he didnt loop drive it though because it was a triple bounce serve. When I do the serve I usually go for their forehand (I'm a lefty) and it usually goes out, but thats for the comment I will try using what you just said in a game ^^ 
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

faux123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faux123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2007 at 11:47pm
its pretty good, but you need to mix it with side top, side only and side under which i haven't seen from your videos.  Although side under from reverse pendulum is slightly more difficult to pull off or disguise it well.
FH: Joola Tango Extreme 2.1
BH: DHS G888 2.0
Blade: Yasaka Extra FL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 1:56am
oh, one more thing... I hated the shirt that you are wearing in your video.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 2:15am
Not bad ! Just try to keep it two bounces or you're dead. Especially against a righty, you are giving him a loop kill opportunity.
PS : Looks like you took it in the middle of the night, were you awake ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 2:24am
i used to use that serve. my opponents got used to it after several meetings. they simply flipped it or side pushed.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
vmajor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 3:27am
I have to concur with some of the other posts. Pure sidespin serve looks cool, but I find it amazingly easy to attack and I am an unranked newbie.

The difficult serves that I try to practice is a tomahawk with backspin and sidespin and a forehand sidespin with varying degrees of backspin as I can very easily vary the angle of the bat when performing this serve.

I am also left handed and I find that a sidespin serve works best when served relatively short to the centre of the table against shake hand players. This means that more often than not they will tip it back with forehand, with the ball likely flying off sideways nowhere near the table, or with a weak backhand with the ball doing the same. If they mange to get it over the net often the ball is killable unless they figured the serve out and apply crazy backspin on their return.

Pure sidespin to backhand side really does not work against a strong backhand shake hand player. Killing such a serve is a high percentage shot.

V.

Andro Blax OFF
FH: Andro Plasma 430 max
BH: Andro Plasma 430 2.0
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 3:30am
facing that serve i would have trouble picking out the spin because your motion is so compact
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 5:05am
Pure side is ok, but I find it hard sometimes to 3rd ball it. I expect to loop it as a nospin, but It doesn't go above the net.
Also if you have no other variations of the serve, its kinda obvious its  sidespin you put on it from the blade facing down.
Qtjoel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qtjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 7:45am
Originally posted by forehandchop forehandchop wrote:

oh, one more thing... I hated the shirt that you are wearing in your video.

LOLOL A wife beater?!

And I'll try to show you guys my reverse pendelum top/side and under/side.
joola express 1
joola express 2
avalox 770
www.wtfoodge.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 12:56pm
and please wear something else.
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 8:25pm
i think wife beaters are banned in singapore ( I could be wrong)
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2007 at 9:02pm
pretty good, if you want to get lots of underspin, try throwing the ball a little lower and brushing ight under. side-topspin can be useful, but i find side-under spin is the most effective, it is difficult to flip, and to push low and short.
Blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D

FH: Mendo MP

BH: Sriver EL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic