Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my special rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
forehandchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2007 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by O! Ju Qian O! Ju Qian wrote:

my friend ordered a sriver d 13 rubber directly from iruiru and it appears to be softer than the one i got.

it is not quality control issue, it is just different grades of Sriver. When they make rubber, it is in a big sheet... they need to cut into smaller sheet... ussually the middle part are the highest grade, where those near the edge has the lowest grade.

The one that Ju Qian's friend ordered from iruiru are probably the higher grades ones, nearer to the middle.

I am glad you guys are now more observant and hope everyone understand what I have been saying all these while. Hopefully the philippines who were very upset earlier on with me will understand too.
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2007 at 10:10pm
its just a sponge hardness variation its not something you can jump to conclusions with.. i think its safe to say that all companies have variations in sponge hardness but that doesn't mean its reall a diff. quality of a rubber esp. in butterfly 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2007 at 10:17pm
btw, have you asked yourself before concluding that:
1. maybe iruru has ordered a softer batch of srivers?
2. that butterfly can produce a variety of sponge hardness with the same consistency of topsheet quality?
3. that sponge hardness variety is NOT A SOLE MAJOR PROOF that your singapore srivers are better than any other sriver sold in asia?

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2007 at 11:31pm
Thanx Homuz, Chinese characters are not my favorite. I struggle with them.  Korean letters are way fewer and easy to pick up. Koreans and Japanese still use Chinese characters to represent the words that are derived from Chinese, usually do this in newspapers.  Koreans have a hard time learning the basic several thousand characters.  North Korea quit using them in printed material, because it was too much a hassle for their current and previous leaders to grasp, so they just ordered people not to use them. How convenient for the leaders.

Back to Sriver.  I think at least the FX version is a rather poor mushy rubber untreated, so a minor difference in the sponge should be negligible.  People glue the crap out of it to suit their tastes anyway.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 4:50am
difference in sponge does have a big effect, even if you speedglued it... different sponge reacts differently.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 7:50am
but still it is not proof enough about diff. sriver qualities.. a sponsored player may order a specific hardness and another may order a diff. one still they are the same rubbers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 11:18am

yogi_bear, I wonder why cant you understand that the rubber and sponge are cut from a big sheet into smaller sheets. When they manufacture these big sheets of rubber and sponge, the middle part is always the best quality and those at the edge are of lower quality.

Very unfortunately there is favouritism of who gets the middle and who gets the edge. Of cos to be fair, they are priced differently too.

paulmac173 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmac173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 11:34am

No you're wrong I have experience on this and I know that the only difference between a rubber from the middle and a rubber from the edge is the sponge hardness. There is only one type of topsheet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some professionals prefer rubbers from the edge so your theory is completely untrue.

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmac173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 11:35am
Please stop giving people wrong advice when you clearly don't have a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmac173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 11:36am
There are no different qualities of sriver!!
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 12:10pm
he can't he's too engrossed with his theories and he doesn't even have proof makign him a fool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 12:17pm
well, if you dont want to believe, fine with me... I got nothing to lose. You can deny all you want, call me a fool but you cant change the facts.

But for those who are concerned about quality, just be careful of the source of your rubber. Nothing to lose for being careful.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 12:25pm
there are not facts unless there are evidences all you have are garbage assumptions. .and no we are not denying we are just saying that unless you present an exact evidence stop the hell talking about crap that would mislead people beacuse you don't  know anythign what you're talking about and yessss you are very biased and unobjective

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 1:18pm
i understand why  h3 is inconsistent, but not the srivers.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2007 at 10:08pm
I am not saying Sriver are inconsistant, I am just saying there are different grades of Sriver. They are consistant, only different grades.
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 9:07am
Originally posted by forehandchop forehandchop wrote:

Very unfortunately I have dispose my proof of srivers bought from Malaysia. You can visibily see and feel the difference in the sponge, they also have special codings printed on the sponge when compared to Srivers from Singapore commercial shops. 

Is true that forehandchop say, the malaysia sriver is quite to becoming crap. I hate the topsheet and sponge Sriver beacuse soft(not like Stiga Mendo,people saying that Mendo like Sriver)..I have the Singapore Sriver where my coach giving to me, I like the topsheet and sponge..very hard...However the price is different where the Malaysia Sriver is RM65 and Singapore is RM85..different only RM20
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 7:49pm
well, it seems like the Malaysian are aware of the differences... I guess only philippines are still in their own little world.
Madbrazilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 9:57pm
maybe we could arrange a thread where all of you could argue back and fourth and triple post all you want.
Quite frankly, I'm pretty sick of all these threads I'm interested in turning into blatant accusations at one another.
I'm not making personal accusations, I just don't wanna see two people triple posting back and fourth and acting like 5 year olds.
Am I the only one who feels this way?
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Killerspin Forza 4z 2.1 both sides

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 10:02pm
if you are matured enough, you will just skip this topic. The fact you read and responded, it shows that you are not any more matured than us.

Seriously this is a valid discussion... its about the table tennis rubber, suddenly alot of people are now more observant of what they use and what they are going to buy. Nobody has anything to lose by being more careful of what they buy.

Madbrazilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by forehandchop forehandchop wrote:

if you are matured enough, you will just skip this topic. The fact you read and responded, it shows that you are not any more matured than us.

Listen, I'm not looking for any arguments.
 I probably would have skipped this topic  if it had been the first topic that was turned into an online food fight. But this is definately not the first topic that this has happened.
I don't get it, why do you insist on accusing me? I haven't even questioned your theory.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Killerspin Forza 4z 2.1 both sides
HaoFZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaoFZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 10:14pm
This is like a competition of which country has the best srivers.... just buy them from Japan -_-

WAIT just dont use srivers =P
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 10:18pm
I find it funny how forehand chop always manages to piss people off lol.
Blade:Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D

FH: Mendo MP

BH: Sriver EL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2007 at 11:28pm
even though I pissed off alot of people, but nobody can deny that whatever topic I post, it is an eye opener. for this example, if I dont persist ... nobody will bother to notice the difference in the rubber grades. 

I personally felt that I have done great service to the table tennis community... rather than you guys only good at picking at people's posting.. telling people what you can post and what you cannot post...

HaoFZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaoFZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 1:37am
wait did u just claim that BTY would bother to separate all their sheets into so many batches and ship them to Singapore becuz ur a TT advanced country?

unless u got the freaking edge of the huge sponge layer, i doubt ull have much difference between the commercial versions out there, thats the advantage of paying more for BTY, they're more consistent and even if they are slight variation, claiming country segregation is one of the most non sense comment I've seen

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 2:47am
how can they be an advanced table tennis country, have they produced top 20 players that are really singapore born? or maybe because they have pirated players from china then he claims that they are an advance TT country hahaha, he's an idiot.. instead of getting pissed i find his posts funny and his ignorance is my bliss :P

leeyong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeyong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 4:59pm
We should arrange a match between people supporting "singaporean advance, all be it 3rd world, sriver" vs "4th world sriver for the rest of our poor souls". and I hope the "4th world sriver" wins...... sad. we should settle this the old fashion way! (I mean it as a joke and pls don't be offended)
BTY SC ST
BH: Bryce FX 2.1 FH: Sriver L 2.1

Stiga CL cpen
FH: Globe 999T on saviga 2.2 BH: Yasaka Mark V soft

Others: KTS, Darker speed 90, 30 (10mm) Jpen, Nittaku Septear ST, DHS 032 CS
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 8:31pm
lol i don't use sriver anyways but just to point out to forehandchop, if the philippines is such a 3rd world tt country then why is it that a singapore club would hire our sea games silver medalist richard gonzales to play in one of your clubs?  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 9:34pm
Since the question is thrown at me, let me answer. I dont know why they hire Richard Gonzales, but Richard Gonzales has definately benefited from playing in Singapore.

If Philippines is an advanced table tennis country, Richard Gonzales would not need to go anywhere else to play. He has to play with more advanced players to keep himself in touch with higher table tennis standards. Thats probably why he prefers to play for a club in Singapore than in Philippines.

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2007 at 9:41pm
dam
i thought the forhanders were dead and gone
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2007 at 11:14pm
actually you didn't get my question FHC, y did a singapore approached richard gonzales who is acc. to from a 3rd world TT country.. pls take note richard gonzales wasn't the one who applied for that club in singapore he was the one who was asked to play.. actually the phil. men's team hires players from china as practice partners and yes they don't prefer singapore.. it only happened that a singapore club first approached and hired him to play.. if im goign to use your way of thinking then it would be an insult to your country since a 3rd world TT country like the philippines will let one of ts national players play in one of your singapore clubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic