Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with rubbers for Stiga Dynasty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with rubbers for Stiga Dynasty
    Posted: 04/06/2022 at 8:48pm
The problem is: I need some variants of non-tacky rubbers to match Stiga Dynasty FH side. Now I use Skyline 2, it's doing the job well, you can execute brushing loops from below the table, you can hit some cracking loopkills, short game is great, but I think of something not so physically demanding.
Out of the ESN family of rubbers, Gewo EL50 looks to match Dynasty, it delivers good spin and safe arcs, but you need to use a large straight-arm stroke, like Wang Liqin himself, and you work equally hard to any Chinese FH rubber. You win nothing but lose in the short-short department. I need something like it, but suited for a more compact FH stroke, not too soft because I like to powerloop at full power, but something that does not make you swing at full power every time.
Anyone who uses Stiga Dynasty, please, share your findings 😀😀😀
Thanks

Edited by GSOM_GSOM11 - 04/06/2022 at 8:48pm
Sponsored Links

ddoocc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddoocc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2022 at 10:00pm
Tibhar K2 works for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2022 at 11:42am
K2 is also a tacky rubber with half-Chinese behaviour. You also need to power through it to land a decent shot, don't you?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2022 at 5:28am
Did anyone try DNA Platinum H or EH with Dynasty?
Or, maybe, some Yasaka Dragons?
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2022 at 12:31am
T05 is the best option, or clones like Vega pro, Fastarc, etc. Not sure how current gen harder ESNs play. Not sure what to put on mine as well, but d09c works well which essentially is skyline with a more dynamic sponge anyway.
Ck1407 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ck1407 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2022 at 4:14am
to be honest, Fastarc G-1 is great on forehand. recently nittaku released the MAX thickness for fastarc g-1 too so if u are looking for power, the MAx thickness will be great for you. 

About matching rubber to blade, i think its more important that u match your rubber according to your strokes. your techniques are the one that produces the quality shots, the equipment just makes it easier for you to do so. but since you identify that you prefer compact strokes, thats 1 step closer to finding out what suits you

i used to play with skyline 3, then i jump to g-1 and right now i am using 729 battle 2 gold version.
reason i change from g-1 to battle 2 was cause i am able to generate my own power and i like to have more control in my recieve game.

when i was using g-1, it allowed me to do some lazy strokes ( haha pls dont do it tho) so i am sure it wont be physically taxing on you. 

TT11 did a comparison of rubbers with g-1 so base on the video, you probably can get a sense of the trajectory, speed and spin of the ball produced by g-1

i have tried donic baracuda too, similar performance to g-1 but i feel that g-1 has a higher spin and power potential compared to baracuda
mschweisthal View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mschweisthal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2022 at 8:33pm
Hi, I've been using the Dynasty for about a year, with Dignics 80 on the forehand and Stiga DNA Platinum Soft on the backhand. The setup is versatile and flexible, with good control, enough spin, pretty good power.
Stiga Dynasty Carbon (85g)
Butterfly Dignics 80 (f)
Stiga DNA Platinum Soft (b)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic