Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Timemaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Blade
    Posted: 06/12/2007 at 1:42pm
Hi,

I've pretty much always played with the yasaka leopard blade. Recently it broke, so I'm looking for another one. Ideally I'd like to have the leopard again, but I can't seem to find it online (in the US) ! Also I've read about the super leo that's supposed to be a replacement, but I can't seem to fond it anywhere. Do anyone know how they compare anyway ?

If I'm gonna give up the leopard, I'm looking for one that would be similar. But I can't find its specifications (weight, speed, control...) and compare it to the others. I've been looking into other blades (mainly butterfly and yasaka), and found some that sound appealing. I'm looking for a fast blade (obviously, since the leopard is one of the fastest !) but with some control. The handle HAS to be anatomic, and ideally the weight close to the leopard. About the price, I'm planning to keep under 60$.

So I need some guidance as to chose that new blade. Butterfly website rates the feel (hard, medium, soft). What does that mean ? Yasaka gives the sweet spot. I know what that means, but what's the relation with the feel ?

At first glance, the butterfly VSG 3000, the yasaka advance 3D and offensive 40 seem to fit the specifications I'm looking for. I also came accross a yasaka mark V special edition blade, which looks appealing, but I couldn't find any review/ratings/specs about it. Anyone can tell me anything about it ?

Thanks for your help !

Sponsored Links

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 1:49pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 2:14pm
Yeah I found that, but they only have it with the flare handle... And do you know if the ratings are accurate ? 108g seems like a lot !
And about the speed and control, butterfly blades don't go over 10.5, whereas yasaka's are over 15. so 14.5/4.5 doesn't seem to fit in either !
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 2:25pm
id garuntee the one you have now is over 100grms

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 3:11pm
OK, thanks... but as I said, AN is a must. I'm also more and more leaning towards trying another blade.

A first reserch came up with these 3 choices, the butterfly VSG 3000, the yasaka advance 3D and offensive 40 seem to fit the specifications I'm looking for. I also came accross a yasaka mark V special edition blade, which looks appealing, but I couldn't find any review/ratings/specs about it.

How do these blades compare ?

Also I can't understand some of the given specs: Butterfly website rates the feel (hard, medium, soft). What does that mean ? Yasaka gives the sweet spot. I know what that means, but what's the relation with the feel ?

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 3:18pm
get the tibhar h-9-3 from paddlepalace its the same thing 3 ply hinoki super fast but its probably out of ur price range

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 5:22pm
Thanks for your help !

It's around 130, it's definitely out of my price range. I'm more of a recreational player now !
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 6:17pm
I could be wrong, but if you are a recreational player i wouldn't suggest using a 3 ply hinoki that is one of the fastest on the market.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2007 at 6:51pm
You're right ! But I wasn't always recreational, I use to be competitive. I stopped playing a while ago, and now I'm playing again, but I'd like to play with a good racket, I don't enjoy playing with recreational ones.

Anyway, my "fastest on the market" blade broke, so I'm looking to replace it... I still can't figure out the right balance between speed and control. I know mine was very fast. In the VSG line, I'm hesitation between the 1000, 2000 and 3000... That just gives an idea of what I'm looking for.

I'm also looking into the yasaka mark V SE, but can't find the specs/reviews, just the descriptions.

If someone has some feedback or can compare the blades I mentioned in my posts, it'll be much appreciated !
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 1:35am
It seems that you have not received any reply regarding the rating : Butterfly rating can only be compared to Butterfly product, but not with other maker. Each manufacturer has their own standard to rate their blades. And then this is not at all accurate, we have to try the blade ourselves to find out the facts.
My favourite fast blade from Butterfly is Schlager Carbon, but the price does not fit your budget.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Timemaster Timemaster wrote:

You're right ! But I wasn't always recreational, I use to be competitive. I stopped playing a while ago, and now I'm playing again, but I'd like to play with a good racket, I don't enjoy playing with recreational ones.

Anyway, my "fastest on the market" blade broke, so I'm looking to replace it... I still can't figure out the right balance between speed and control. I know mine was very fast. In the VSG line, I'm hesitation between the 1000, 2000 and 3000... That just gives an idea of what I'm looking for.

I'm also looking into the yasaka mark V SE, but can't find the specs/reviews, just the descriptions.

If someone has some feedback or can compare the blades I mentioned in my posts, it'll be much appreciated !

I wouldn't suggest the VSG line. Lots of people i know HATE them cuz they tend to kill every vibration and not give good feedback. Of course this is a matter of preference. I myself love the feel of blades and don't want the vibrations killed.

As it was touched on before. You can't compare ratings of different companies using the same scale. There really isn't a universal rating system.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 3:59am
Well my leopard is a hard feel blade, since VSG is rated medium, i would expect it kills less vibrations ?

What blade would you suggest ?

There should be a universal rating ! Not everyone has the luxury to test the different models before deciding... I also noticed some sites give their own ratings, and they're not always consistent with the manufacturer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 5:03am
So I was checking Stiga blades... How about the tube offensive, the optimum plus and the optimum sync ?

The gatien carbon also sounds nice...

Totally lost here !!! Confused
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 5:34am
I suggest either Butterfly Petr Korbel or Stiga Clipper wood, from my expirience you cant miss with this choices, Iv purchased Korbel i while ago pared it with Skyline&Couga and oh my god dream come trough for looping hitting blocking what ever, somehow its easier to do backhand loops with this blade im just hitting and cant miss it incredible, control is awesome and the filling is wow!!the medium hard soft rateings from butterfly are refering to stiffnes of the blade.In case you wanr something little harder than Korbel,little faster with less dwell time clipper is the choice!Sure there are good blades all over,but thesse two seem to fit everyone theese are most recommended blades around,and belive me for a reason!
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
FH Skyline TG3 2.15 + CTE
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 5:46am
The leopard is a fair bit faster than the korbel and clipper.
Potato Face

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 6:05am
The Korbel sounds nice, but the handle is only FL, I really want AN. The Copper seems to have a lot less control than the others I mentioned, for approximately the same speed...

Here's a pic of the leopard... I don't think it'll hold much longer

On paper, the blades that seem to fit my criteria are:
yasaka offensive 40
yasaka gatien carbon
yasaka mark V
Butterfly VSG 3000 (I've read some bad reviews about it)
Stiga tube offensive
Stiga optimum plus/sync

Any feedback on those ?

EDIT: sylvalis, yes it is... but since I have to change (cf pic aboveCry) I'm more and more inclined to getting one that is more for all around offense than purely offensive, since it suits better the way I play.
Samsonov Alpha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samsonov Alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 8:26am
try tibhar samsonov alpha. i find that it has a wonderful feeling and control and still being fast, it's not heavy either
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 12:25pm

The Korbel sounds nice, but the handle is only FL

You can see that you have FL & ANATOMIC handles as option and Korbel they hold is JTTAA(made in japan one)!
Silvalis sead that Leopard is much faster, im sorry i didnt know that you search for same kind of blade, my suggestions were from my own expirience!
Korbel isnt fastes blade around but its very well balanced and definetly isnt slow but its not a blade that plays itself, i mean you use your own power whille blade realy hellps with looping, balls have tremendeous acceleration and spin,for example look at Oh Sang Eun playing, his backhand loop is devastating,while Korbels are litlle slower but still one of the best iv seen!And iv played lot of blades, different kind ones,light heavy, carbons, balsas,hard wood,soft wood,5 plyes, 7 plyes, but with no other blade iv felt that it realy hellps that much on my shots as Korbel! Ill take it that far to say that everybody should try Korbel because its realy masterpiece!
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 1:03pm
Agreed w/what Kupus was saying. This PKorbel is no hitech, carbon or whatever composited blade like those u see out there. This is a no nonsense 5 plys OFF blade n w/the right combination of rubbers, this is the only 1 one would ever need. I'm very happy to play w/this, but from time to time I may find myself drifting away/tempting to play other blades just to see how they compare w/PKorbel yet I still find IT, personnally, the most suitable for me. But the weights can range from low 80s g to 91 or 92 though! It's relatively cheap, 35-40 USD?
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 1:29pm
Yes the weight issue exist but it exist with all blades for example Andro J.M.S. blade are sad to be about 85g+-, but some people here sad that they recived their blade and it weights 100+ grams, wow 15+grams difference!!my friend had the same expirience his JMS is heeeeavy!
And my clippers(suposed 90+-) for example one is 94g and other 98g!
Offcourse its important how the weight is distributed, for example my 98g clipper doesnt feel that heavy because the weight is more on the handle!
Iv heard that heavyweight Korbels can be head heavy it seams that Korbels +weight goes to head!
This scared me too cos i like balanced blades! But people here suggested that i feel free to contact presports and ask them to select a desired  weight of my Korbel, i did that and they were wery helpfull and did it for me, mine is 87g and feels incredible!
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
thunderspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 1:30pm
butterfly muzonov fl will be better choice..
blade:stiga op carbo
fh:TG SKYLINE-3
bh: BRYCE FX
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 1:33pm
ya mazunov An which is availble in the us is a good choice similar extremly fast
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by thunderspin thunderspin wrote:

butterfly muzonov fl will be better choice..
Oh..yeah..this one has been overlooked by ppl. It's cheap, thick n heavy but fast blade.
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 1:42pm
Oh yes mazunov is a good blade, but it can get realy heavy though! so be careful i suggest always order or buy from where you can get the choice on weight, cos same blades -  diferent weight+-5g = different blades!! Thats from my expirience P.S I saw Mazunov that broke 100g limit too(a brick of a blade) so be very carefull on subject of weight, i say allways buy blades that are max+-3g of specified weight!
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 2:07pm
Dzesi Kupus ba, dobar ti nadimak majke mi he he he, odakle se javljas iz Hrvatske ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 2:08pm
Kupus:
I didn't see it on butterflyonline.com, so I just assumed it didn't exist ! The website you linked is cheaper than what I found until now, thanks :p

I originally wanted to get something similar to leopard, but I changed my mind this last couple of days. I'm more leaning towards something balanced between speed and control, but still fast enough (I think the blades I mentioned are under that category). BTW, I'm used to play with a 108g blade, so the blade being very light isn't a good thing for me :p

So I'll definitely consider the Korbel now... The mazunov seems more off, less all around (it's an off+, duh Tongue) and again, I didn't find the AN on their website, but I found it on the one Kubus gave.

Thanks for all your replies !

Still no reviews for the other blades ?
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

Dzesi Kupus ba, dobar ti nadimak majke mi he he he, odakle se javljas iz Hrvatske ?

de si zemljo hehe, iz Zagreba majstore, vidim ti u Amerima a, il je to diskajzWink!
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
BH Speedy spin max + CTE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 2:54pm
euh... translation please Embarrassed
Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2007 at 2:56pm

Still no reviews for the other blades ?
Sorry man i didnt trie any of the blades you listed, oh, tried Optimum sync but only few shots not enough to comment, i dont even remember what rubbers where onOuch!
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
BH Speedy spin max + CTE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 4:15am
After some additional research (a lot actually !)  I narrowed down some stuff...

Anyone knows anything about the stiga tube carbo ? Also it says it has 5W,1C.. how does that even work, isn't it supposed to be symmetric ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic