Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
zBoule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zBoule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 1:53pm
I think the wood micro channels are filled with carbon, and the blade is actually 5ply (at least that's what it says on stiga's website :p).

What would be the difference between that one and the tube offensive ? Stiga gives:
Tube carbo:
Speed: 127,
Control: 61
Tobe offensive:
Speed: 99,
Control: 64

The little sacrifice in control seems to be worth it, but it's always better to have some feedback from people who tried them...

Also what's with the stiga oversized blades ? It'd feel weird to play with the bigger blade ! Is their some benefits ?
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Timemaster Timemaster wrote:

After some additional research (a lot actually !)  I narrowed down some stuff...

Anyone knows anything about the stiga tube carbo ? Also it says it has 5W,1C.. how does that even work, isn't it supposed to be symmetric ?
Fast n Furiuos!
I had 1 b4 but I sold it to a better player who can handle better this beast than myself.
My personal opinion about this Tube Carbon is that it's fast, heavy (mine was 90g plus or may b more), BIG head n head heavier than most blades I know, Control/feedback/feeling is not as good as Optm. Plus/Sync. But it's a great looping/hitting blade from far away of the table. The neck was kinda sharp n I sanded it a bit but still it's a cheaper blade (40-50 bucks)than most famous brands.
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 2:33pm
I've just traded for a Stiga Tube Carbo on this forum and it arrived today. Play with it for 2 hrs with two H3 and I like it; it's performed as I expected. Feels like a carbon blade when I play, hard and stiff. But enough wood to have a little feel of the ball also, not so fast like my (old) Gergely, which is what I was hoping.
Timemaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 3:17pm
Thanks for the helpful comments !! It sound encouraging ! Do you know how it'd compare with the leopard ? From what I could gather, it's not as fast, but has more control...

Here's where I'm at in choosing my new blade:

1. Petr Korbel (OFF): seems to be the most popular/polyvalent one. But not available in AN in the US, a bit reluctant to order it from asia
2. Stiga Tube Carbo (OFF+): a more offensive blade, faster but less control than the korbel

3. Yasaka Mark V Special Edition (OFF-): lighter than the other 2, seems well in all aspects of the game, slower. but I've hear NOTHING about it !
4. Yasaka Offensive 40 (OFF): I've heard mitigated stuff about it, I'm not sure how good it is

5. Stiga Tube offensive (OFF): Sounds like a nice blade, but less appealing than the Tube carbo, so might as well get the other

The muzanov looks like it'd be a perfect replacement for the leopard, but I'd like to change a bit, add more control since I'm not playing as much offensively as before.

Any more information/review that would help me decide between the 5 would be great ! And a comparison/explanation instead of just saying "get xx" would be even better :p
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 4:34pm
you can buy the Korbel from butterflyonline.com if you are in the US. Just curious what is your budget? 

Thanks for the helpful comments !! It sound encouraging ! Do you know how it'd compare with the leopard ? From what I could gather, it's not as fast, but has more control...

Here's where I'm at in choosing my new blade:

1. Petr Korbel (OFF): seems to be the most popular/polyvalent one. But not available in AN in the US, a bit reluctant to order it from asia
2. Stiga Tube Carbo (OFF+): a more offensive blade, faster but less control than the korbel

3. Yasaka Mark V Special Edition (OFF-): lighter than the other 2, seems well in all aspects of the game, slower. but I've hear NOTHING about it !
4. Yasaka Offensive 40 (OFF): I've heard mitigated stuff about it, I'm not sure how good it is

5. Stiga Tube offensive (OFF): Sounds like a nice blade, but less appealing than the Tube carbo, so might as well get the other

The muzanov looks like it'd be a perfect replacement for the leopard, but I'd like to change a bit, add more control since I'm not playing as much offensively as before.

Any more information/review that would help me decide between the 5 would be great ! And a comparison/explanation instead of just saying "get xx" would be even better :p

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 4:39pm
As I said, it's not available with the AN handle in the US, they only have the FL version. And I want AN !

My budget is "not much" :p between 40 and 60... The blades I mentionned are in that range
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 4:42pm

Hi, Timemaster

Order it from presports.com of Malaysia. My An. version was from there. It's genuinely PKorbel. If u've any concern, re: origin, weights, availability or handles, email them!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 5:00pm
tiehwen,

When I said from asia, that's the online store I was mentioning ! But I was thinking ordering everything from paddlapalace (blade-rubbers-accessories), it'll come assembled and everything, instead of placing 2-3 different orders... I guess presport can do that too. Anyway I'm not settled with the korbel yet...

So I gather you've tried both the tube carbo and the pkorbel ! Could you please compare the 2 for me ?

I'm pretty much an all-around offensive player, I can spin with both BH and FH, and chop with both. The leopard blade was the 1st serious one I got, and I got very used to it. I never thought about changing (until it broke :$), so I never looked into blades, and I know very little about them..

Thanks again, your posts are very helpful !
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 5:26pm

I prefer, as I've "contributed"/said many times b4, PKorbel. It's more forgiving than Tube Carbo. I seem to have more time whenever I play w/it. I can do lots more thing w/it than w/TCarbo. Then again, rubbers also play a big role too. I've owned quite a nos. of blades but Pkorbel is always the one I go back to. I guess it already grew on me. I'm not overly agressive player, hell no, I'm not even that good. But w/korbel I can do lots more things. But w/TCarbo, the shots just flew n flew. It is good if u r good agressive all out attacker/looper, I guess. All these r just my personal observation/feeling/experience. Don't let me sway your opinions about choosing other OFF, OFF+ blades out there. This also brings my attention to my other favourite, Avalox BT 555.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2007 at 8:55pm
tube carbo is a good looper's blade, lesser vibration than most stiga blades and is available in all types of handle
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 1:04am
here ya go==>http://www.dandoy-sports.com/product_info.php?pName=butterfly-petr-korbel&cName=blades

As I said, it's not available with the AN handle in the US, they only have the FL version. And I want AN !

My budget is "not much" :p between 40 and 60... The blades I mentionned are in that range

mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 2:07am
Just get the Korbel AN from presports or iruiru.com, as mentioned earlier.  This is a classy blade that will suit your allround game better than the ultra-hyper-mega carbo stuff.  Both these sites have the Korbel that is made in Japan, as opposed to the less consistent one made in China that dandoy carries.  Both of these asian sites are trusted, classy retailers with top notch customer service, and they won't cheat you with a huge markup like the North American retailers.  Just get the blade and rubber separate and assemble yourself or have a tt buddy do it for you.  An important thing to do with the Korbel is to coat the wood with some lacquer or hairspray so the wood won't splinter when you remove rubbers.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 2:23am
Agreed w/mdjenders there...but iruiru doesn't have An. handle, only Presports has.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 3:19am
Thanks for your replies guys, it's been helpful !
presport offers to glue the blade... What does that mean if I don't buy rubbers to go with it ? And would it better to buy the rubber from them too ? And would they assemble the racket ?

mdjenders,
Out of curiosity, how would you know where it has been manufactured ?
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 2:13pm
check this thread/posting out, some of us have oledi talked about the topic not too long ago. There is a pic. I posted somewhere in there.
Email Presports.com to insist that u want GENUINE made in Japan's Bty blades.
The Bty rubbers of Presports.com are quite reasonable/cheaper than N. American online stores but I think IRUIRU.com/e are even cheaper, right? But the shipping/custom duty probably EATS u? I'm not sure, but I got no prblms w/Presports.com the couple of times I dealt w/them. Kupus of CROATIA has ordered from them recently, may b u can check w/him.
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 3:08pm
how can you see the diff between the ones made in jap and the ones made in china? can you enlighten me plz
Originally posted by mdjenders mdjenders wrote:

Just get the Korbel AN from presports or iruiru.com, as mentioned earlier.  This is a classy blade that will suit your allround game better than the ultra-hyper-mega carbo stuff.  Both these sites have the Korbel that is made in Japan, as opposed to the less consistent one made in China that dandoy carries.  Both of these asian sites are trusted, classy retailers with top notch customer service, and they won't cheat you with a huge markup like the North American retailers.  Just get the blade and rubber separate and assemble yourself or have a tt buddy do it for you.  An important thing to do with the Korbel is to coat the wood with some lacquer or hairspray so the wood won't splinter when you remove rubbers.

culvch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culvch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 3:18pm
tiehwen,

How is Avalox BT 5 compared to Butterfly Korbel?
CUL
STW 1Ply Hinoki C Pen
FH DHS PF4-50 (Red)
BH RITC 802-40 (Black)

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 5:48pm
[QUOTE=mece]how can you see the diff between the ones made in jap and the ones made in china? can you enlighten me plz.

Check the link I provided above/here it is:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 5:57pm
tiehwen,

Thx, the thread u linked covered the china/japan issue extensively !

But I still don't get the glue blade thing from presport...
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 6:07pm
I think presports also provides free glueing rubbers on blade service free. Go check the front left corner or somewhere of their website. They did mine, was excellent and a clean cut/glueing job. As far as I know, PKorbel-An. of mine from Presports.com is GENUINE, but not sure about the rest EXCEPT Iruiru.com/e, of course! Look at the pic. I posted and the 1 posted by Masterpong. A pic. really tells the whole story!
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by culvch culvch wrote:

tiehwen,

How is Avalox BT 555 compared to Butterfly Korbel?
This 1 Masterpong can brief u even more as he plays extensively w/BT 555 these days as u can see from his signature. He is a good European player, I think. He also played PKorbel too n I think he has contributed alot re: BT 555 n PKorbel! Do a search in this forum. As far as I'm concerned PKorbel n BT 555 r quite similar w/the former more OFF n the later more CONTROL? I luv them both but I only play PKorbel extensively but the BT 555 has the nicest/most comfortable FL handle I've ever come across. Mine is 84/85g, just ideal for me. All in all, BT 555 has a tad more control, Pkorbel a tad more OFF power, my assessment/feeling anyway! But BT 555 cost 10.00 USD more! check ping-pong.com, pingpongonline.com, paddlepalace.com OR do a google search.
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 10:24pm
are the ones form butterflyonline made in Japan?
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

[QUOTE=mece]how can you see the diff between the ones made in jap and the ones made in china? can you enlighten me plz.

Check the link I provided above/here it is:

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 10:46pm
no idea, mece. btyonline.com is US website, I'm not quite sure that they even read or reply ur email. I did send some inquiries but never got nothing back from them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 11:31pm
Yeah I sent them a msg last 2 weeks ago in the "ask the experts" section and never got an answer... I just hate it when it happens !
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 11:50pm
the safest, fastest place to get is still IRUIRU of Japan. Get a group of t/t frenz n order n I'm sure u would save on shipping, but custom duty is unavoidable, just like taxes n death!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 11:57pm
hmmm, have an idea how much that's gonna be ? Let's say just for 1 blade, or 1 blade and 2 rubbers... I have absolutely no idea, it can be 1, 10 or 100$ !
Iruiru doesn't have the AN handle, so I'm thinking presport. I send them a msg through their site asking for specifice (make, handle, weight...). Hopefully I'll get an answer by monday and i can order

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 4:20pm
So how long would it take presport to ship this paddle:

The AN handle version they have weights 93g... It's pretty clear it's made in japan :p

I got sriver for the FH and sriver EL for the BH...

ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 4:25pm
not sure but the petr korbel is a good choice...
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 4:29pm
yep..that's the 1 but 93g! holy moly..mine is 86g..I think it'll be like 2-3 weeks! Presport is the only place for An. handled version. Too bad! Its  An. handle is prbbly the nicest of all the Bty's. Believe me, as I've tried both the FL n An. FL 1 seems/feels shorter 4 some reason 'cuz I sold 1 here!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2007 at 4:37pm
My leopard is 108g ! 93 will feel light enough :p I like heavy rackets, I don't like it light, I'm not used to it...

Do u know how long before they ship it ? (give the tracking number and all)

And how about  my rubber choice ? I was considering catapult / cermet for the FH, but I decided to go less specific...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic