FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

new donic dotec series blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new donic dotec series blades
    Posted: 10/27/2007 at 12:06pm

ok donic has come out with some new additions to their dotec line as we all know.

i both of these new blades the dotec appelgreen allround and most recently the waldner 3 ply hinoki blade.

so i want to put a review here for these blades. both where play with sriver l forhand and yasaka mark v soft backhand.

first the appelgreen allround 80g

feel:  has a very nice feel soft yet solid no unwanted vibration but not dead feeling i guess you could say it fall right in the allround feel range.

speed:  suprisingly fast with fast strokes has lots of gears the harder you hit the ball the faster it goes amazing concept. but is slow when you want it to be on those touch pushes and control shots. power does drop off a little as you move back away from the table. that is typical for blades with balsa centers so no suprise there.

preformance: i like to loop the ball fh and kindov half loop half drive bh and this does both super great blade for controlled looping and driving still has the power to put the ball away as well. flat hitters may not be impressed as it is an allround blade. but with a fast rubber and some glue or glue replacement it could statisfy the needs of allmost anyone.

overall: if you are looking for a great blade in the all+ Off-X2 (meaning not quite off-) this a good place to start i dont think it is for those all out speed guys but any one wanting a a controlled looping blade this is it. of course due to the dotec handle very confortable and fits nicely in any hand.

next is the waldner 3 ply dotec blade. i got mine in 86g so it is the perfect middle weight blade.

feel: AWSOME hinoki feel of being very solid and soft feel gives you tones of feed back from the ball and the feel that even though it is fast you can control it. feels very lively.

speed: this is a fast blade but not the fastest that i have ever played with (which by the way was a xi en ting carbon ti ceramic blade that was stupid hard and fast) right in the off off+ range. so you guys looking for a fast blade here is one to look at.

performance: loops very very and yes one more very well. lots of power and spin in the shots i got more pop ups from this blade than any other blade that i have played. awsome from mid and off table loop play had the power to send the ball back with good pace and spin to add pressure. touch shots are a little touchy but still not to difficult. i would say flipping close the net is preferred over pushing for peace of mind. but it could also be due to i played a slower blade first so i was not quit adjusted to the speed of this blade yet.

i would put this up there with any other 1 ply or 3 ply blade out there in feel and performance. i have had both the h-1-9 and the    h-3-9 so i have some good blades to compare it too and it plays just as well as both of those. really the only defining difference is the dotec handle which is very comfortable and easy to play with.

over overall: both awsome new additions to the table tennis world both are great for looping but the waldner with high quality hinoki is a much better power blade than that appelgreen all. very happy with both blades. depending on the day i may play either one if i feel a little off o would play the allround if i am feeling more crisp may play the waldner hinoki.

if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
Sponsored Links

TTReactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTReactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2007 at 1:52pm
Nice review, thanks, as I was thinking to pick one of those to try them.
Exclusive Table Tennis Gear & Official Distributor
http://www.TTReactor.homestead.com
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2007 at 1:53pm
which one?
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
TTReactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTReactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2007 at 1:56pm
Waldner !
Exclusive Table Tennis Gear & Official Distributor
http://www.TTReactor.homestead.com
lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 6:09am

i have played with all of them

nice blades , my only problem is the strange shape of the handle
e-pingpongshop
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic