Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new vid drill and match

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new vid drill and match
    Posted: 04/29/2011 at 8:10pm
First bit of training I have done for a long while. Got some FH training in there. Then a match.
For those of you who don't know. My opponent (blue) is better than me. I am division 2 and he is premier division. You can quite clearly tell the difference. He has all the shots I have but without so many flaws.

anyway hope u enjoy

Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
Sponsored Links

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2011 at 8:26pm
I'm guessing 1800-2100 usatt
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2011 at 11:02pm
I don't think you are totally outclassed by your opponent. You are making him work for his points. You're moving him around. All good. Your opponent has serious problems staying close to the table. He always backs off, so if you can use that to your advantage, I think you will be able to beat him.

On the drill, I think your stroke carries too far - sometimes it looks like your hand almost touches the left shoulder. Also, you're taking the ball on descent all the time. Try to take the ball off the bounce.
Back to table tennis...
ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 1:48am
i think you stand too straight.  bend ur knees more and stay low :)
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 3:47am
i love this drill =) although mine aren't as consistent as yours. might i suggest that you carry the ball a bit more forward so that the ball starts to dip a bit further away from the net?
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 3:53am
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

I'm guessing 1800-2100 usatt
Thats what I would have guessed too :)

Originally posted by Leshxa Leshxa wrote:

I don't think you are totally outclassed by your opponent. You are making him work for his points. You're moving him around. All good. Your opponent has serious problems staying close to the table. He always backs off, so if you can use that to your advantage, I think you will be able to beat him.

On the drill, I think your stroke carries too far - sometimes it looks like your hand almost touches the left shoulder. Also, you're taking the ball on descent all the time. Try to take the ball off the bounce. 
I wouldn't say totally outclassed seeing as I used to play premier division before I stopped playing tt. and I am actually going to be playing in his team next season so I must be doing something right. I can beat average prem players 50% of the time I just need more consistency in almost everything to be comfortable.
I think he always backs off because 75% of the prem players play with good quality speed/spin shots and so staying at the table is often a disadvantage for most. The games are really entertaining to watch.
My stroke is too long? I didn't think so in fact I thought sometimes not long enough. Might have to re think my stroke again. Also didn't think I was taking the ball on the descent. Will have to look out for that too.
Thanks for pointing it out :)

Originally posted by ZJKandMLfan ZJKandMLfan wrote:

i think you stand too straight.  bend ur knees more and stay low :)
+1 I noticed it too. I look too casual right? I need to act like im playing a good chopper because thats when I really put my knees into it. Thanks ZJ 
Stiga Clipper
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 4:11am
You have a tendency to strike across the ball, you are slightly too square, which is why you constantly fade the ball into yr partners body.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 4:15am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

You have a tendency to strike across the ball, you are slightly too square, which is why you constantly fade the ball into yr partners body.
How do I stop myself from being square?
and do you mean strike across as in too horizontal?
Stiga Clipper
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 4:52am
I like your bh that's what I lack so much. My bh sucks(((( 
For me, it seems to be you both are playing relaxed. I haven't seen powerful shots.

Is your BH your main weapon since you don't use it much.
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 5:03am
oh i should have mentioned. after editing all the clips my editor decided to tell me that all clips under 3 seconds would be deleted so a lot of 3rd ball winners were lost. mostly opponents though.

player87 - playing relaxed is the best way no? next time i will put money on the line lol. My BH is stronger than my FH because of consistency. I dont use it much? i thought i used it more than half the time
Stiga Clipper
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 5:08am
Yeap, I have mentioned your Bh is consistent and you use it most of the time. By saying relaxed I mean I don't feel any kind of aggressiveness in your game or you mor of allround player?
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 5:16am
I am an allround player :)
My opponent is more aggressive no?
I need to work on being more aggressive although its hard against this player as he really puts pressure on me.

Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

Kinda threw me off lol as I use it most.

Funny enough later on in the session we played again off camera and I played 3 sets with H3Neo FH and the other 4 Sets with Thors on FH. I lost 4-3 but winning all those 3 sets with Thors on FH. My attacking game all in all really got stronger.
Stiga Clipper
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 5:19am
Ooops, I made a mistake I wanted to say "Is you BH your main weapon since you don't use FH much" =)))
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Ndragon88 Ndragon88 wrote:

I am an allround player :)
My opponent is more aggressive no?
I need to work on being more aggressive although its hard against this player as he really puts pressure on me.

Kinda threw me off lol as I use it most.

Funny enough later on in the session we played again off camera and I played 3 sets with H3Neo FH and the other 4 Sets with Thors on FH. I lost 4-3 but winning all those 3 sets with Thors on FH. My attacking game all in all really got stronger.
So you might consider a change in sides. Have you decided thors FH and H3 BH? I probably wouldn't be able to play this combination. Seems to be heavy.
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 5:37am

So you might consider a change in sides. Have you decided thors FH and H3 BH? I probably wouldn't be able to play this combination. Seems to be heavy.

Yeah I have. Through my off season which is now I am testing H3Neo and Thors as to which one to use on FH. For my BH it's no doubt Thors over H3Neo.
Probably end up playing Thors both sides. The weight doesn't bother me. Seeing as the WSC isn't a fast blade the extra weight makes the whole setup a little faster maintaining the fantastic control and feeling of the WSC.
Stiga Clipper
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 10:36am

Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

How do I stop myself from being square?
and do you mean strike across as in too horizontal?

contact point is not behind the ball but rather you're doing a bit of a windshield wiper motion  on it?

Edited by tpgh2k - 04/30/2011 at 10:38am
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2011 at 5:32pm
still don't get it... lol sorry
Stiga Clipper
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic