Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New Xiom Vega Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

How many versions of Bluefire can there be? 

I think I counted 9 so far.  Big smile
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Sponsored Links

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2014 at 5:43am
just noticed the vega pro blade is made in Korea! that's interesting.... all others are currently made in China, I believe
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
tron52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tron52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2014 at 6:12am
you are correct, and it's top quality blades :)
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

just noticed the vega pro blade is made in Korea! that's interesting.... all others are currently made in China, I believe

The Hayabusa line are made in Korea. I know my ZXi is made in Korea.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

The Hayabusa line are made in Korea. I know my ZXi is made in Korea.

How do you know?

edited to add: ah, now I see it in the description

Edited by the_theologian - 03/07/2014 at 7:33pm
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2014 at 9:08pm
The Vega are a variation on the Hayabusa blades...so no doubt they are made by the same manufacturer.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
tron52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tron52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2014 at 3:00am
funny xiom tag line 'win with us' is, i am actually getting more wins with this blade ^_^
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon/Gold LIDU/T64
Nittaku Latika Carbon/RakzaX/T80
JM SZLC (on the shelf)
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2014 at 12:19am
I feel like marketing wise they did not exploit full length the "hayabusa" with the zeph/carbon line of products; it seems like they just push it further with that vega series of blades without adding substantial features; new name, new campaign, new game for them only.
the vega pro and europe !blades! are attractive anyway.
tron52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tron52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2014 at 4:41am
i'm just wondering, the announcement of vegas and omegas has been done months ago but only vega pro was released, even the vega euro was pulled-out i think... fortunately, vega pro was just right the blade for me :)
JM SZLC (on the shelf)
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2014 at 9:26am
Xiom is now available in Thailand. Big smile I grabbed a vega pro today. 
The work is very delicate and this blade is jointless as claim. Delicate limba grain. 
low side of Off + / high end of Off.
Composition is like MJ but Feel softer than BTY MJ
Really heavy I got 93  it is around 92-95 as I measure others.

Included Free rubber protectors and free sandpaper for blade shaving.
Awesome work.

Edited by Crowsfeather - 03/12/2014 at 9:29am
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2014 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by tron52 tron52 wrote:

Good Day Pongers :) My 1st post and i'm Perry from the Philippines. My equipments are as follows...

Main setup (just shifted last night ^_^): Xiom Vega Pro Blade / Andro Rasant Turbo / Xiom Omege V Pro
Backups: BTY JMizutani / Andro Rasant / BTY Tenergy 05  -  BTY Photino Light / DHS Hurricane 3 / BTY T05fx

This beauty arrived yesterday from TT11 Estonia :), got so excited and hurriedly went to local club and tested it. This i found out.. Xiom's Zephylium & X-Carbon hype? all TRUE!!!!

It's lighter than MJ! Huge sweet spot (imho, about 3/4 circular area compared to main setup MJ which is about 1/2 sweet spot). Catapulting is so easy compared to MJ :)

However, i'd like to add, in my opinion, this blade is well suited for asian-style stroke, closed-angle bat stroke and full arm swing.. i tried euro style like timo stroke but the blade performance is mediocre. My guess is that, Xiom's other new blades like the omega ones are suited for other strokes, but for asian stroke, this blade definitely. :)

Fine craftsmanship of the blade and excellent price/sale/parcel handling from tabletennis11 are bonus to this experience :) 

Regards,
Perry from the Philippines

Perry,

Would you be able to compare it other  blades in the same category, especially those from Xiom and Hayabusa?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2014 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

Xiom is now available in Thailand. Big smile I grabbed a vega pro today. 
The work is very delicate and this blade is jointless as claim. Delicate limba grain. 
low side of Off + / high end of Off.
Composition is like MJ but Feel softer than BTY MJ
Really heavy I got 93  it is around 92-95 as I measure others.

Included Free rubber protectors and free sandpaper for blade shaving.
Awesome work.

Crowsfeather, how does it compare to your ZQ and any of the Hayabusa blades?
tron52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tron52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2014 at 10:05pm
@crow

i don't own any xiom blades other than this, i have mj and photino light though. i love my mj cause it's limba/zylon and i do catapult a lot, zylon for the sweet spot, however, mj is heavy, my performance deteriorates very fast, i wont last if the entire sets drags up to the very end. 

i bought photino light because.. you're right.. LIGHT ^_^ super light about 72g, perfect for my over-worked arm, i can last to the very end, however, that's it, it's only the weight that helped me. photino is super fast, too difficult to control, and also less ball-feeling, hinoki isn't really my type...

everything i liked about mj and photino light is in xiom vega pro.. it's limba, it's light.. with Zephylium (this is the super-zylon of BTY i think, the one found in ZJ SZLC) & X-Carbon... huge sweet spot!
JM SZLC (on the shelf)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2014 at 12:22am
Really ? This blade is super ZLC. Wow  Clap I never know that.

Yes sweet spot is HUGE!!
I did not had a chance to play with it yet , laquering and stuff lolz.

tron52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tron52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2014 at 12:47am
yes it is, lucky us eh? :D

here's one that i found on the web... read the last sentence... i could pm you the link if you like..

What is special?

Zephylium & X-Carbon

Different from typical Zylon, as Zylon is 3k in thickness while Zephylium is 1k

Different from typical Carbon, as many uses 6k and 3k in thickness while X-Carbon is 1k.

Composition that we use is about 2~4 times more expensive than typical composition. We have used these compositions to lower the weight and also to increase the feeling of the blade.

If the carbon or zylon are too thick or heavy, it will interfere with the feeling of the blade.

But therefore we use only 1k (despite the price) in order to bring the best of the composite blade

(Currently only blades that uses these compositions are Hayabusa, BT Super Zhang Jike, and Vega)

JM SZLC (on the shelf)
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2014 at 11:15am
Looks like Xiom's marketing has invented a new length unit. How thick is "3k" or "1k"? Ermm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2014 at 11:48am
I never try ZJK SZLC or Hayabusa.

I put Hexer HD and borrow old andro blowfish - - (why did I do that) 30 min testing and it goes around various people in my club.

For final conclusion this blade is (medium-hard and not very flexy) in hardness 
Basic stroke goes fast with a very precise control,dwell time is good. Speed is some where around 9.0 BTY scale, opinion from many testers.

Good for looping spinny loop is easy to perform, drive loop is  .
Good for smashing you get what you give it goes really fast.
Shot game not bouncy at all.

Vibration and feed back is very similar to those ZLC property.
If I had time I will borrow someone BTY MJ and BTY MM"alc" and compare as their composition are very similar( limba outer with 5+2 ply).

And yes, TMB ZLC is faster than this.
Zetro-quad is a tad slower with better control, well it's an another story, not comparable.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2014 at 12:32pm
Here's info & review taken from another forum (& translated by google):

NEW BLADE:

Xion 's new board Vega Pro - (summary translation)

VEGA PRO

Structure: 5 + 2 Composite Ply Wood (Zephyli I & X-Carbon)

Character: OFF ~ OFF +

Grips Available: FL, ST, CP (WFL for China only)

Origin: Made in Korea

What is special?

My Zephyli & X-Carbon

Different from typical Zylon, as Zylon My name is Zephyli 1k 3k in thickness while

Different from typical Carbon, 6k and 3k in thickness while as many uses X-Carbon is 1k.

We use that composition is about 2 ~ 4 times more expensive than typical composition. We have used thes Compositions to lower the weight and also to the increased the feeling of the blade.

If the carbon or Zylon are too thick or heavy, it will interfere with the feeling of the blade.

But we use only 1k to thereforeme (depite the price) in order to bring the best of the composite blade

(Currently only uses blades that are thes Compositions Hayabusa, IT Super Zhang Jike, and Vega)

Zylon Carbon 1k, 3k and classic carbons kalınlığındayk 3ve in the Zephyli kalınlığındayk 6k carbon that x is 1 k. (Zephyli I & X-Carbon) board increases the feeling of ease and balls. I Hayabusa Xion this technology in the world, Butterfly Super zhangjik and Vega are used in wood.

Jointless Wood

Usually, when many companies produce Manufactoring blades, they use them for two veneers and joint together to make one piece of veneer.

For example, Rosewood wood is very difficult to find one single piece of wood for the blade. Uses two veneers, Therefore many companies to join them into one piece to make it one for the surface veneer.

Also if you open up the blades and look at each veneer, you can see that most of them are jointed. But if you look at that blade, all our Jointless layer of veneer woods area.

What is so good about Jointless woods? Think about wearing a shoe that is cut in half and glued back together. How would this feel? This applies You same as the blades, Jointless if you use wood, it will be the increased the performance and stability of the blade.

Why does not use other companies Jointless Manufactoring wood. Because it is expensive and hard to get. Usually in order to make Jointless blade, it will require 100 ~ 300Y old wood to be used. But as you know the thick of the wood and older it is the more expensive it is.

(Because the wood is old, the wood grain on the surface might feel bit more rough than other blades. This is same as people, if we get older we get more winkles, same applies You for the wood, the wood is older and the winkles are somthing we can not get rid of)

Many firms outer and in the inner layer to reduce costs, one-piece wood layers instead of two separate residual layer combine in a single piece uses but Vega board each layer of the cost high, though aged, carefully selected from one piece is produced. 100-300 year old trees for each board using the cost of production is done in moderation.

Glue

Natural Glue is used to make this blade in order to maximize and control of the ball while catching impact.

Most of the blades are Produced by using epoxy glue, in order to the increased production.

Epoxy glue dries up much faster than any other glue, and it is well used for mass production. (Usually uses hot press to the increased productivity)

However, the epoxy glue forms a thin layer of glue drying up while Between the veneer that blocks the smooth feeling of the blade and also increases hardness of the blade. This is not good for the better control and catch Requires which professional players.

Natural Glue is highly favorable note the way for the company due to the fact that most of manfactoring it needs a long time to dry up. However, we have made ​​separte drying storage for only series which Vega HeLPS to dry naturally.

And naturally when it is dried up, the glue will eventually absorbed into the evaporator and the wood, leaving absolutely no any glue Between the layer of veneer.

When pasting layers of trees in the natural glue adhesive Vega is cool. Many firms board construction Epoxy adhesives uses but this adhesive between the layers are very thin although the adhesive layer leaves but natural adhesives takes quite some time to the natural form of dried layers of the evaporated glue due almost no extra layer does not form.

Thile & Made in Korea

Thil is our quality control. Easily Wood is breathing thing that changes according the to the surrounding environment.

, Therefore, Temperature, Humidity, Insecta, and Light are very importante to the managment of wood. Our factory is in Korea Thil controled factory to make sure that the wood is at the point of production at their best shape.

Made in Korea. In order to make it to the blade, it must go through 20 different types of machines. 20?? Yes! about twice or three times more machines that is required to make a blade. We use 20 different machine in order to make sure the quality of the blade are all same at all time.

Boards in South Korea produced and quality, smooth and standards to be produced each board passes through 20 different machines. Many firms in the construction of wood or 3te1 half of this number I use the machine up.

SURPRISE!

Jang Woo Jin customized Hayabusa used.

In easy words, VEGA blade. :)

Xion 's rising star Jang Woo Jin Vega plays with wood.

Edited by slevin - 03/13/2014 at 12:36pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2014 at 12:37pm
So, for those who have owned Zephylium & Zylon - based blades in that past: how similar are those two fibers? 

Is this blade (Xiom Vega Pro) the same as the new Mizutani SZLC that ttping85 is waiting for?
tron52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tron52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2014 at 1:34pm
@slevin - i own an mj (zylon-carbon) and vega pro blade (Zephylium-X-Carbon), both have limba top ply. based on my findings, vega pro is lighter and has bigger sweet spot than mj.
JM SZLC (on the shelf)
tron52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tron52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2014 at 1:35pm
and way more cheaper for that matter ^_^
JM SZLC (on the shelf)
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2014 at 3:36am
Perry, thanks a lot for shopping at tabletennis11.com. Your new blade looks awesome! 
Enjoy your new blade! :)
TT11 team

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Originally posted by tron52 tron52 wrote:

Good Day Pongers :) My 1st post and i'm Perry from the Philippines. My equipments are as follows...

Main setup (just shifted last night ^_^): Xiom Vega Pro Blade / Andro Rasant Turbo / Xiom Omege V Pro
Backups: BTY JMizutani / Andro Rasant / BTY Tenergy 05  -  BTY Photino Light / DHS Hurricane 3 / BTY T05fx

This beauty arrived yesterday from TT11 Estonia :), got so excited and hurriedly went to local club and tested it. This i found out.. Xiom's Zephylium & X-Carbon hype? all TRUE!!!!

It's lighter than MJ! Huge sweet spot (imho, about 3/4 circular area compared to main setup MJ which is about 1/2 sweet spot). Catapulting is so easy compared to MJ :)

However, i'd like to add, in my opinion, this blade is well suited for asian-style stroke, closed-angle bat stroke and full arm swing.. i tried euro style like timo stroke but the blade performance is mediocre. My guess is that, Xiom's other new blades like the omega ones are suited for other strokes, but for asian stroke, this blade definitely. :)

Fine craftsmanship of the blade and excellent price/sale/parcel handling from tabletennis11 are bonus to this experience :) 

Regards,
Perry from the Philippines

Perry,

Would you be able to compare it other  blades in the same category, especially those from Xiom and Hayabusa?
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2014 at 12:40pm
so is vega euro blade ever coming out?

Edited by pdotec - 03/17/2014 at 12:20am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2014 at 2:30pm
What is the face size? 157x150? 158x152?

Speed relative to the ubiquitous composites (TB-ALC, Viscaria, etc)?

Is the fiber under the outer layer or next to the core (like Innerforce series)?
Enter_Thrice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enter_Thrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 7:45am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

What is the face size? 157x150? 158x152?

Speed relative to the ubiquitous composites (TB-ALC, Viscaria, etc)?

Is the fiber under the outer layer or next to the core (like Innerforce series)?

I´m also interested about the head size and the position of the layer.
Does anyone have information about that?
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 7:50am
From the pics above, and on tt11, the fiber looks to be under the outer ply.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
asimriz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asimriz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2014 at 12:18pm
LOVING THIS BLADE ! When is Xiom Vega Euro coming out ?? Also, wot are the dimensions of the FL handle on this blade ? I've never used XIOM blades before. Thank u in advance Tongue
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2014 at 6:39pm
I received my Vega Pro today from tt11. The good news is that crazy printing in the pictures is just a plastic stick on sheet.

First impressions are very good, nice box, clean design. There were a few caveats: it's uncomfortably sharp on the bottom edge of the handle (FL) and along the blade's edges. As others noted you get a sanding stick in the box so you can finish it up. The handle is a little narrower than I like so I'll probably end up wrapping it.

I glued on some new H2 and TG2 NEO. Both of these take some time to break in so I'll post back playing impressions after a few days.
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2014 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by pdotec pdotec wrote:

what happened to xiom vega euro blade??
It is no longer listed on tabletennis11.com website.

According to Pascal at Contra.de the Euro is expected in May or June.
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2014 at 3:40am
rusttt,
How is it with H2 & TG2 Neo?
Originally posted by rusttt rusttt wrote:

I glued on some new H2 and TG2 NEO. Both of these take some time to break in so I'll post back playing impressions after a few days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic