Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Arirang review thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2013 at 6:53pm
I didn't realize that Arirang was shipping for $150 with a free Evolution rubber:

If this is true, it is quite a good deal!
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2013 at 1:49am
Indeed it is. I find it strange, though, that Arirang is not listed among the Nexy blades in the regular blades section. I saw it by chance among the specials.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2013 at 2:20am
Just before I left Korea, on my final visit to Nexy HQ, General Manager Lee told me he was making many specials on the Nexy website, this could be one of them.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2013 at 11:17pm
Anybody here wants to trade my arirang cpen 85g???I am looking for lesser wt, like 80-81g cpen???
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 12:09pm
I have solved my BH blocking issue with this blade with Bluefire M1. Harder, faster, firmer than Omega IV, it counter balances the relative slowness and flexiness I suffered in that game part. There is nothing I like more, when testing a very good blade, than solving problems. I have tried Bluefire JP01 on FH on this blade and it rocks too ! But why ESN can't produce anything lighter than 48gr for a 150 x 157mm cut rubber these days ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 12:45pm
Jolan: care to compare this blade to another innerforce - style composite with Hinoki outers - the Joola Rossi Emotion?
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 1:37pm
I did . Please see previous page where I compare it to rossi Emotion and Nexy Oscar.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2013 at 2:37pm
found it, thanks
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2013 at 10:51am
Thanks to Nexy for providing me an Arirang test blade. I think I finally had enough playing time with Arirang to be able to review it.

I tested the blade with XIOM Vega Pro on FH and Nexy Demian II on BH.
First, I should say that I'm not in the best position to review a composite blade, my personal preference goes to all wood blades. However, I've been testing quite a few composite blades, recently, so I hope I can still give a honest review.

I'll start by saing that Arirang is a very beautifully designed and carefully crafted blade. Its composition mixes many different factors: hinoki outer plies, and a burnt wood core that is surrounded by aramid-carbon layers.
The ball-bounce test reveals a medium pitch sound, which would suggest that the blade stiffness is comparable to, say, Nittaku Acoustic, Nexy Peterpan, or OSP Virtuoso, and well below typical aramid-carbon blades like Bty Boll Spirit and M. Maze.
And yet, Arirang does not play like any of the above.

The balance is rather neutral, which is common with Nexy blades. I'd say it feels even more centre-balanced than my Lissom, so not head-heavy at all. This favours the short game: snapping the wrist in serves and flicks can be done almost effortlessly. And short game is indeed one aspect in which Arirang shines. The throw is medium and the blade is not very bouncy, which is surprising given it's hinoki outer, so it's easy to keep the ball short, at least as long as the pace of the game stays reasonable. For the slow game, I'd rate Arirang as OFF-.

But, as the pace gets higher and the ball impacts the blade harder, the composite layers start having a greater influence and Arirang gets considerably faster, also, the bounce gets lower. For the fast game, Arirang is a solid OFF. In hard rallies I had to adapt to the fact that initially most of my balls went too long. From further away, it gets much more controllable, although some may feel it lacks power from very far away.  Also, my loops were more consistent further away rather than close to the table. The ideal distance for looping is about 1m from the table, I'd say.
Arirang has very good dwell time for slow, spinny, shots. However, on fast topspin rallies I got the impression that the dwell time was less than I'd liked. I suppose that a softer FH rubber would have been a better choice.

Chopping is possible: although the throw is rather low and some care is necessary to avoid sending the ball too long. But then again the rubbers I have tested it with are not a chopper's rubbers.

The blade has very little vibration and blocks are crisp and direct. Again, there is a certain increase in power that makes hard blocks much faster than you'd expect from the behaviour when blocking slower balls. This may be a bit difficult to control in the beginning, but is certainly very effective. I was tempted to call it a non-linear blade, but then, thinking about it, it's probably more correct to say that my reference blade, Nexy Lissom, is very non-linear (in the captive sense), and Arirang is just the opposite: now, whether Arirang is linear or slightly repulsive is difficult for me to judge.

I think that Arirang is suited for an offensive player with a good touch that likes playing close to the table with much spin and to loop-kill from medium distance.

In future, I'll try finding the time to compare Arirang to Calix II.

Join the Nexy Clan!
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 6:14pm
playing with Arirang is making me think twice about going back to all wood...=S
I will be using this in the Joola teams
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 9:51pm
Hey Ping Pong Holic !!! Hope you stay with whatever blade (or something suitable close enough) you were playing when you slapped me around in many of those rallies a few months back when you graciously hosted me in the Big Apple for a time of big fun and fight !! 
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

I think that Arirang is suited for an offensive player with a good touch that likes playing close to the table with much spin and to loop-kill from medium distance.

I have said a lot of superlatives about Arirang, but Arg0 just concisely summarized what I do well with Arirang. PP-Holic should vouch for that one, it was about all I tried to do on offense. I was either close to the table opening, or trying to counter at distance vs PP-Holic's strong RBB counter-attacks. Dude was Count Dracula his friggin' self that day.. he was HARD to kill... and you had to do it in a special way or he BIT you hard with that sudden RBS slap-attack haha.
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2013 at 10:32pm
BH-Man, you will feel the power of the Arirang (a taste of your own medicine) next time we meet! =P

Hope you are doing well, broThumbs Up

My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2013 at 5:51am
Big smile  ...  Dead
Enter_Thrice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enter_Thrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2014 at 4:18pm
Just ordered a Arirang (88g, FL) which I´m really looking forward to receive next week.
However I´m still not sure whether to use my Hexer or the Evolution FX-P. I normally favour medium rubbers but I read many good things about the FX-P. I´m a looper with a good flick but also good at blocking.

Edited by Enter_Thrice - 01/02/2014 at 4:18pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

I have said a lot of superlatives about Arirang, but Arg0 just concisely summarized what I do well with Arirang. PP-Holic should vouch for that one, it was about all I tried to do on offense. I was either close to the table opening, or trying to counter at distance vs PP-Holic's strong RBB counter-attacks. Dude was Count Dracula his friggin' self that day.. he was HARD to kill... and you had to do it in a special way or he BIT you hard with that sudden RBS slap-attack haha.

Indeed, I think I have to give Arirang another go when I'm done with reviewing the Tamar VII blade. Arirang has some potential that I did not have the time to fully discover before writing my first review.

Join the Nexy Clan!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enter_Thrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2014 at 6:33pm
I got my Arirang two weeks ago and I have to say it´s a great blade which offers a good mixture of speed and control combined with a special feeling. Sometimes I still need to adjust to the catapult but I´m doing fine so far. My rubbers are Vega Japan 2.0 on FH and Rasant Powersponge 1.9 on BH. Considering that I´ve a completely new setup I played some good matches this week.
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2014 at 2:55am
whats the thickness of arirang? under 6.00 mm?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2014 at 3:33am
it's 6 mm
Join the Nexy Clan!
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2014 at 6:17am
if I remember correctly Kong Linhui Special was 6.00

do they play similar ? Anybody tried both blades?
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 10:41am
Arirang is 6.15mm and KLHS 6.47mm on my digital calliper.
They do not play similar at all.
KLHS is much faster, harder and stiffer than Arirang.
KLHS facilitates blocks and counter drives close to the table while Arirang is a looping machine mid distance.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2014 at 10:43am
Thank you Jolan
ovtcharovfan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovtcharovfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2014 at 6:00pm
Hi, I have a question concerning the ST handle. Is it kind of similar to the Boll Spirit/ALC? I prefer moderately sized square straight handles over round straight handles.

Edited by ovtcharovfan - 04/28/2014 at 6:02pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2014 at 12:30am
I don't have a Spirit/ALC to compare, but the handle size of Arirang is average (a bit larger than Nittaku Acoustic/Violin and Bty Boll Spark/Bazelart) and the cross section rather square-ish.

Join the Nexy Clan!
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2014 at 4:07am
Arirang ST is slightly more rectangle than ALC ST, but you can be sure it's more comfortable than ALC ST. A better finish at the neck too!
ovtcharovfan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovtcharovfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2014 at 12:23pm
Thanks, that sounds great. There is still another thing, I´m not sure about.
Is there a big difference between Tibhar Inca and Nexy Arirang. I can easier get a Tibhar Inca, besides this seems to be a bit less bouncy compared to the Arirang. On the other hand I´m afraid the Inca could be too hard.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2014 at 12:57pm

Personally, I think there's a substantial difference between Arirang and Inca, both in feel and speed, notwithstanding the similarities in construction. If I remember well I have commented about that in my Arirang review.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2014 at 4:00am
TommyZai posted one more excellent review of Arirang here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67875
Join the Nexy Clan!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enter_Thrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 7:25am
Has anybody played the Arirang with the plastic ball? I tested and quite liked it with the celluloid ball, 3 years ago, but I think that maybe the softer outer plies combined with the soft plies beneath won´t make it that suitable for the new ball.

Edited by Enter_Thrice - 04/22/2017 at 7:25am
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2020 at 11:15pm
I know this thread is old 
But first 2-3 information about victas quarter speed put me probably last time in my  EJ zone.
I bought Nexy Arirang two times  and sell them to one famous Polish EJ who find his grail in NA. I liked it too, but the throw is medium low which is not perfect for my technique and taste.
Nexy gets more attention in Poland rn and I am like Kanye West. 
Why? I made that blade famous (Goddamn)

I bought Victas Quarter Speed and this blade is even better for plastic balls than NA... 

VQS is harder  than NA but this second burned layer add some stiffness and it is better for plastic balls, because it is easier to be aggressive after bounce,  it is harder to put the same amount of rotation and NA still plays better than most in this area but soft rubbers are miracle for VQS.
VQS is more blocking/smashing blade with the same special hinoki feeling
NA is more looper dream blade for harder rubbers but both are very well for different type of players..

I choose ventus spin 2,0  for VQS and this rubber is very good fit for both sides. I had maybe 500-600 blades  and this is first hinoki blade that plays great with soft rubbers and if you find Victas blade for 80-90€ on ebay or different platform dont think twice to buy Quarter Speed... Of course if you like soft rubbers and you are looking for something with sweet feeling and you are hipster who dont care about "no reviews"
Jonathan Groth choose oldschool Primorac Carbon for his DiGNiCS and you are not JG but Victas Quarter Speed is very underatted off/ off- blade because people trust  opinions and reviews but not composition or craftmanship which is even better from Nexy and Victas than popular other brand...

M.Hoang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.Hoang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2020 at 3:51am
quartet speed has 2 version, what is the blade that you mention?

Edited by M.Hoang - 12/16/2020 at 3:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic