Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2010 at 11:09am
Don't tell the dozen Over 50 pushblockers in our club about the Labyrinthos.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 12:50am
Blade Structure and possible hitting area.

I think each blade has it's own character.
Every blade is different.
And it's not easy to say what character will be ideal for all the people.
So, I can not say that my specific blade is good for all the people.
But I can discriminate my blades that which is different from some other blades in what point.

Here it is.

If you look at the picture I drew in the upper space, you can see what's the difference between when you are close to the table and away from the table.
From this simple comparison, the difference seems not very wide.

But if I add some other factor, the angle of blade, then the difference becomes pretty wider.

If you look at the second picture, you will be fascinated.
if only you can come close to the table, and if only you can make wider angle with your wrinkle and blade, then the course of your ball can be extremly wider.

But there lies one trick.

If you want to make the ball goes that close to the net on the opponent's table, then the ball has to make a very high curve.
I mean if the ball goes only straight with big speed, then you can not make use of this attractive close to the net space, deadly weapon, because it passes through  not touching the table, due to it's high speed.

So, I councluded that spinny but slow, with high curve ball has definately big power.
If the ball has high curve, then the ball goes high enough to go over the net, even though the shot was done close to the table, or even on the table, and if the ball has big spin and not very speedy, then the ball goes downward rapidly, making deadly painful attack onto the opponents' space.

Therefore, I always think how I can make that effect on some blades, and for some other blades how I can make longer trajectory, by which we can make the opponent stay away little by little, until he loses one point.

Bsically, these two good factors are not possible to be attainable in one blade.

I mean if a blade wants to have a powerful long trajectory, usually ball goes very high with steady height, and it's not possible to make a close to the net landing.

In the other hand, if a blade has so good spin and control, that we should make deadly short landing close to the net on the opponent's table, then it must not have very powerful long looping.

Therefore, people decide what they like.

Some people choose ALL blades.
Some others choose OFF blades.

For an example, among my blades, DEXTER has very long and powerful trajctory.
But color has very versatile ways.
Those two blades can be examplary for this theory.

By the way, I started to think that why these two factors can not be compatible?
Why do we have to choose one and discard the other?

That was the point I started to think about my "SECOND WAVE".

In the recent writing, I explained what is 'second wave' for nexy.
But it's not only about how to make a blade has embracing feelings.

I thought that I can separate the blade's function extremely different when we want to hit the ball with full power, from when we want to make it slow but spinny.
If must depend on the surface feelings.

If you hit the ball with full power, the ball goes deep into the bone of the blade, therefore, if I want to make the returning ball very powerful, then I had to prepare something very powerful inside.

On the contrary, if I want to make a ball very spinny, slow and controllable, when we hit the ball with care, then the blade has to keep very soft and embracing feeling on to the surface.

This is the core factor I kept until today, why I try to start "the second wave".

Now I'm waiting how people response to this chracter, which I maximized with Lissom.
I tried to make use of this character also with SPEAR, but spear seems little bit more honest.
But Lissom is very cunning.
It's mysterious chracter will make you laugh, or at least smile.

Please, check how you feel, and leave a reveiw!!

Edited by Nexy - 09/11/2010 at 1:03am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 2:09am
Hello, guys...

Today, I found out that Butterfly's price in Korea stays the same, while in all other country it has become more expensive.
So, you can buy one Tenergy in my www.nexy.com site with USD 53.
(Yes, you need to pay for the extra delivery fee, which is not small, though.)

Any way, if you had any NEXY blade and Tenergy in your mind, please, buy one before the Butterfly price in Korean market get risen.

By the way, until next week Friday, Korean people celebrates harvest festival, so the delivery will start on Saturday morning or on Monday only. Any way, this will be a good chance.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2010 at 11:12am
I believe blades are best when they are stiff on the inside with a soft surface.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2010 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I believe blades are best when they are stiff on the inside with a soft surface.
To be more deatiled in design, still the problem remails here; in what depth that stiffness will come, and how deep that soft surface will go in.
Any way, Lissom's surface is hard material, but jointed with very soft inside, so, the overall feeling will be soft. And inside, you can meet that stiff feeling.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2010 at 8:08am
NEXY released a new Japanese 9mm Hinoki one ply blade.

Edited by Nexy - 09/20/2010 at 3:03am
Brand Manager of NEXY
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2010 at 12:35pm
Beautiful!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2010 at 12:50am

Today, I'm very happy to delivery this news.

I've been saving some money personally, and also I've been saving 3 USD per each sales of Nexy blades.
This money became some, and now I start to search where I use this money.

When I started to sell SPEAR, I decided to use the first some for African people lack of water.
And I've been in serach of right place and right person to help me.
During these days, I came to know that the person I've been friends with in my church is not from America, but from Tanzania. It will be strange for some people, but as for me, I could not feel the difference much between Tanzania English and American English. Maybe his English was little more americanized..whatever.

Anyway, so I was surprised at the news. Because I've been thinking to help Tanzania among many countries, but I did not know I can meet one person from that country in Korea.
He is a student in Korea, and he connected me to the pastor living in Tanzania.
And that's how I could get these pictures, and get to this specific area.

Here is the letter from the pastor.

This village name is Mahaka, in Manyoni District
They suffer a lot for the absence of water,working a long distance or using animals to carry some for them, there is an Elementary school in that village as well. 
It will be of a great help to be able to get Water near them. 
Personally,am thankful to God and you for the passionate of water supply in my country. 

And here are several pictures I could get.
I'm not sure how much money will be needed, but I will check more and start very carefully.

These pictures are showing how people get water.
I don't know if they are the most needed people or not, but I just want to start now, and I will learn more and help more, as long as Nexy goes.

People and maybe the school?

This is the picture of possible well place.
I don't know much about it, but I think there are some grass, perhaps that's why they choose this place.
I wish this can be done without big hardship.

Please, keep praying for this project.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2010 at 3:15am
SPECAIL PRICE EVENT

Hello everyone...

I'm running http://www.nexy.com site about 6 months now.
I think my site is good place to search new products and take a look at many good products.
But when you meet a new site, it's not easy to order something, because it's not familiar.

Therefore, now I'm going to run a very special discount event for possible new customers.
I found out people are pressured about high expense on delivery fee, even though they like my blades.
So, I decided to give a specialy discount for all tenergy rubbers, by which they can save some money for that.
If you buy Nexy blades, then you can buy Tenergy rubbers per one with 45 usd.
I don't know how long I can keep this special price, but I just expect people can learn how to use my site by making use of this special price season.
So, thie event is a kind of opening promotion.

I think at least I will keep this event for one month.
After one month, I can not gaurantee I will keep on this special price or not.

So, please, have a look at my site~~!!

Ikarus with Tenergy (45 USD)
http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=584
Review: http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32660&KW=nexy
Blade design history : http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12744

Spear with Tenergy (45 USD)
http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1158
Review: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35268

Color with Tenergy (45 USD)
http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=582
Review : http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30446

Lissom with Tenergy (45USD)
http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1162
Review : http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36508

By the way, I'm planning to run this event with more blades and more rubbers.
So, please keep visiting...and you will meet more blades and rubbers with special price.
Please, be friends with NEXY.COM
I hope with this special price event I can get more friends of Nexy.com soon.

Edited by Nexy - 10/01/2010 at 3:16am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2010 at 11:04pm
Please, visit this page.

http://www.nexy.com/shop/step_theme.php

I will add some more blades and rubbers.
On Monday, you can meet Stiga's rosewood/ ebenholz/ CC together with 45 USD Tenergy and 20 USD Boost.

And Dawei's Inspirit Quattro rubbers will be on with half price also.

One more thing....

If you meet any kind of inconvinience while using nexy.com, please, leave a note in this thread.
I really welcome it.
We tried to make it internationally acceptable, but Korean programmers don't have much experience about this global shopping mall, and I'm keeping fixing it.

So, please, leave any kind of comments which will help my site.

With thanks in advance...
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2010 at 4:21am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 11:11pm
This is a movie clip done by Korean tester using LABYRINTHOS.
I hope you can see how Labyrinthos works.

Edited by Nexy - 12/14/2010 at 12:06am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 11:25pm
So funny ! I like the clip, thank you for sharing, Nexy. Notice the large smile comming on the guy with the red shirt' s face. The more the looper guy sweats, the larger the smile is. Maybe I should play the Labyrinthos like the guy in red and all my tendinosis problems would fade away ? Looks like to be a very relaxed game, isn't ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

So funny ! I like the clip, thank you for sharing, Nexy. Notice the large smile comming on the guy with the red shirt' s face. The more the looper guy sweats, the larger the smile is. Maybe I should play the Labyrinthos like the guy in red and all my tendinosis problems would fade away ? Looks like to be a very relaxed game, isn't ?

^_^  Yes, it looks that way.

I like his style. He is a good players, and he is very accurate when he judges a blade.
He told me that I can make a big success with Labyrinthos, bigger than any other well known long pimple blade brand.
I hope he is right.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2010 at 8:23am
I've been away from this thread for a while.

But I will soon come back again with many other new blades and rubber items.

By the way, I could think of a new concept of my brand identity.
Please, check these two advertisements I prepared for my Korean market.
I hope you like them.

Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2010 at 8:31am
I like the second one very much, except that, IMHO, there are too many colours in the text "instictive creation". Also unsure about the need for Title Case. Just my two cents.
How does the Korean text translate into English?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2010 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

I like the second one very much, except that, IMHO, there are too many colours in the text "instictive creation". Also unsure about the need for Title Case. Just my two cents.
How does the Korean text translate into English?
This is an advertisement for Korean people, and the title is the web site for Korean people.
I think I will make another ones for international market, soon.

Thank you for the nice comment.

Brand Manager of NEXY
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 1:38am

NEXY
Your game in peace.

HARMONY
Nexy, the game and you.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2010 at 4:16pm
I like both pics - second one shows some true inspiration. Good luck!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2010 at 5:24am
If your product or business is in "Naver" (a google like operation in Korea that has rediculous large market share), then it is simply a must to mention it in your marketing. It is the Korean way these days. Many of the TV/cable ads include this. Naver is available everywhere and people desire a simple to access more stuff about the outfit or product - it is the currrent cool thing. In USA,  mentioning how to quickly access your main products via Google or Yahoo on the botom of the ad isn't exactly an appealing thing to do at the moment.

As an example of how good naver listing was, I recently had to have a one week class at another camp and I tried to look up the only TT club in the villiage outside the gate of Camp Humphreys (a town called Anjungri). Google didn't give me a clue and it was hard to get it from Daum (Another major search engine and forum host), yet the first hit from a search on Naver forums showed me exactly where the club was. I got there right away the first time and had a blast at that club there. made a pile of new friends. This would have been mighty difficult to do on short notice a decade ago.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2010 at 3:01am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

If your product or business is in "Naver" (a google like operation in Korea that has rediculous large market share), then it is simply a must to mention it in your marketing. It is the Korean way these days. Many of the TV/cable ads include this. Naver is available everywhere and people desire a simple to access more stuff about the outfit or product - it is the currrent cool thing. In USA,  mentioning how to quickly access your main products via Google or Yahoo on the botom of the ad isn't exactly an appealing thing to do at the moment.

As an example of how good naver listing was, I recently had to have a one week class at another camp and I tried to look up the only TT club in the villiage outside the gate of Camp Humphreys (a town called Anjungri). Google didn't give me a clue and it was hard to get it from Daum (Another major search engine and forum host), yet the first hit from a search on Naver forums showed me exactly where the club was. I got there right away the first time and had a blast at that club there. made a pile of new friends. This would have been mighty difficult to do on short notice a decade ago.
Yes, BH-man. You are right.

By the way, I missed you in my tak9.com tourney.
But I think we can manage to find some other time to meet together.

Sooner or later, I will release another new blade, Labyrinthos.
It will be for Long Pimple users, so you will not be much interested in.
But it will be attractive for people in ooak site.

Take care, God bless you~~!!
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 10:03pm
Hello, my friends...

Long time no talk.
I feel very sorry for not visiting here this long.

Any way, I've been very busy with new blade production.
Yes, Labyrinthos is coming up with it's final sexy face, very soon.
I hope labyrinthos can appeal for many people here.

And I have another good news.

If you have seen the movie clip posted in this thread, then you would know that "LISSOM" blade is also good for modern defender.
It was the same feedback in Korea.
Several modern defenders asked for special LISSOM with bigger size.
So, I finally made this.

This LISSOM special version blade has bigger face.
Lissom's basic feature; "to embrace the ball deep into it's chest" stays inside.
And powerful fore hand looping is no need to say again.

So, I think this blade will be very competitive to most good defensive style blades.
Please, check the information here.

http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1198

P.S :

Is there any person who is interested in Nittaku Acoustic L-size?

I have two ones with special price.
They were tested for only several hours, and no damage on them.

Please, check them in the below linked page.

http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1189

http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1188

Brand Manager of NEXY
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 10:11pm
Nexy: Could you please explain a little about the Yinhe blades that are for sale on your site? There is no information about them... but they may be the most beautiful blades I've ever seen in my life! Shocked

Very expensive, though. Ouch

(Also, your Laurel blade is absolutely gorgeous! Clap)

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Nexy: Could you please explain a little about the Yinhe blades that are for sale on your site? There is no information about them... but they may be the most beautiful blades I've ever seen in my life! Shocked

Thank you for the inquiry.

There are plenty kinds, and I have few information from the company.
But I tested several good blades.
Do you have anything in your mind?
Maybe I can leave some comments on them.
Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 8:37am
I think he was referring to the Wenge series, because he said they are very beautiful!
Why are they so expensive? because Wenge, being a Rosewood, is expensive/difficult to use?
What are the special playing characteristics of these blades?

Sorry for the off-topic, but I am interested, too. Maybe we should open another thread for Yinhe Wenge blades.

EDIT: Just saw one already exists: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36971

Edited by arg0 - 12/04/2010 at 1:44pm
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Thank you for the inquiry.

There are plenty kinds, and I have few information from the company.
But I tested several good blades.
Do you have anything in your mind?
Maybe I can leave some comments on them.

I am most curious about the Wenge 50 and Wenge 70. Any information you can provide would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 4:28pm
That Lissom Aegis got 6 plies?
:: EJ level 1 ::
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

I count 7.

hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

I count 7.

There's no distinct separation on the FH (the topmost ply in the picture) side like on BH one . There're 2 plies on FH, the core and 3 plies after that with the one BH face is the thinnest.

Edited by hungga - 12/04/2010 at 4:45pm
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 4:52pm
Oh well, it's clearly 7 ply if I look at it from the metal emblem on the handle side.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
  Share Topic