Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Performance loss (new glued) Xiom Omega iv euro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Performance loss (new glued) Xiom Omega iv euro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Performance loss (new glued) Xiom Omega iv euro
    Posted: 11/25/2019 at 8:12am
Hello, i have a problem, i have bought two xiom omega iv euro (in max, in red and black) und glued these on my tibhar fortino pro blade, on the first day the rubber was perfect, super controll, much spin and tempo, and it reacted as i wished (ok i boosted it with one layer haifu seamoon, but i waited five days, so it should be ok),

two days later it was a mess, no controll and feeling, the blocks goes miles long, i lost against people who i never lost (normally 3:0 or 3:1 and here i made unforced error after error and had no chance to win, i was a different person)

after a week i bought this rubber again on the forehand and backhand, but it happened again, super first day, very much spin, controll and power, ---- but two days later, it plays like a dead rubber, low throw, the serves drifts to long, the chiquita goes to long and i had no grip on the rubber, topspins against backspin were a big problem, i had no power with the loops and they went very often to the net, did the rubber shrink, i could not explain this performance loss ?

i mostly hit my topspins on the edge of the rubber, maybe the rubber lost here all his tension ? i don't know, i don't think it could be because of the boosting with seamoon, but i could not find a answer to this performance drop

i glued the rubber with two layers of revolution no 3 glue and one layer on the blade, and pressed it on a rubber press for two days

could you please help me ?
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 9:36am
maybe i should use three layers instead of two and press the rubber only with the hands on the blade instead of a rubber roller i have no idea what i should do
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 9:57am
Sounds like an inconsistency rather than deterioration. 
Is it possible it was very humid on the bad days?
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 10:09am
Why would you boost a brand new rubber? Also, please tell me the second time around you did not boost.

I don't see why you would encounter this issue. Also, why would people leave it in rubber press for two days? 
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 10:18am
Maybe the OP got Speed glue instead of booster
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 10:39am
no i used haifu, but i had problems with this rubber without boosting, on the next day it plays really different and dead,...
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 10:42am
NO OILS.

Please take care you read the USAGE WARNINGS on the wrapping package. It reads the "NO OILS" precaution.

/Be happy/

Edited by igorponger - 11/25/2019 at 3:10pm
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by GabrielTopspin GabrielTopspin wrote:

no i used haifu, but i had problems with this rubber without boosting, on the next day it plays really different and dead,...

Haifu still produces both booster and speed glue. If you ordered the Haifu in China (or wherever) it is certainly possible that they (unintentionally) sent you speed glue instead of booster. Check the bottle carefully and do some research if necessary.
Mixing speed glue (or the thick booster by Haifu) with whatever booster ESN uses for their rubbers is probably not a good thing. Someone already mentioned that it is pretty much pointless to boost a rubber right out of the package which is already pre-tuned by ESN.
If I had to guess you are dealing with an unfortunate chemical reaction...
Another possiblity (or a combination of these two) is that you did not use enough glue. Has the sponge very large pores (similar to MX-P or EL-S)? If thats the case you need more glue than usual, otherwise the sponge is not fully attached to the blade (or easily loosens from the blade surface), but you probably know that yourself.
If you are so much into this rubber just order some new sheets and do not boost them and use enough glue (using a roller is ok, but be careful not to overstretch the rubber).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2019 at 11:56am
thank you for all the tips, maybe it is the revolution no 3 Rubber Cleaner & Rejuvenator, when i have a new rubber i don't need to clean it, two days later i cleaned it with this cleaner and played than, maybe it leaves a slippery film on the rubber, i clean my rubber now one day before training and put a rubber protection sheet on it, maybe it was the cleaner and thats the reason for the dead rubber and bad performance, we will see :))

Edited by GabrielTopspin - 11/25/2019 at 11:56am
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2019 at 4:57am
??? I use the Revo No. 3 cleaner too, but never experienced a slippery film after applying it on the rubber. It is a very good cleaner and rejuvenator that should make the rubber grippier (which it does)...I still say that the booster is the actual problem.
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2019 at 7:21am
Try to use booster from Revolution no. 3 (X-tream power booster). Resists a little (about 1-2 weeks) but works great with Xiom rubbers (I use it also on Fastarc G1) and especially when is applied on Revolution glue. No need to clean the glue rubbers. Apply one or two layers of booster directly over the glue.
After 1-2 weeks remove the rubbers and repeat the operation of 1-2 layers directly on the sponge given with glue and booster.

Edited by Johnny Erasure - 11/27/2019 at 3:20am
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic