FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Playing against anti rubber that attacks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playing against anti rubber that attacks
    Posted: 07/24/2006 at 8:41am
I played this one kid at the club here, and he uses anti rubber. it just kills the ball when it touches his rubber. the speed dies, the spin dies, everything. yet he doesnt defend like most anti players do. He attacks hard, he is penhold and his flat fh hit is amazing. he can block anything bh due to the anti. what do i do?

p.s. i beat him barely 3-2, deuce in the last game, all the others were very close.
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
Sponsored Links

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2006 at 8:43am
oh i beat him cause, i flicked back everyone of his serves(he served to my bh, i side swipe flick) to his bh, he blocked em back alittle high and i usually got a big hit or started a good rally.
Avalox 550
fadli View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2006 at 11:08am

Dont give him chance to attack. if possible try to smash instead of spinning the ball coz this type of player are really good in blocking topspin attack.They R using your spin to play his game. try to play with no-spin ball.

just my 2cent

Blade : Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D & Stiga Optimum SYNC
FH : Hurricane 3 / Skyline 3
BH : Sriver EL
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2006 at 11:31am
In fact, do not spin and do not let him to attack you. Use the smash and stay closer to the table
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2006 at 2:29am
yea spin is mostly my game, i was told by i coach that i try topspin anything that comes off the table, i ususally stay mid length, so stay close and smash instead of spin. okay i will try that today, im playing him again later today
Avalox 550
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2006 at 6:25pm
It all depends on the level of the player. No spin balls can't be used as a general strategy against good anti players. The general strategy is: Topspins with heavy spin. Why? Because he is paralysed with his anti. If the ball has enough topspin he can't attack safely anymore with his anti because the balls tend to sail off the table due to their backspin - the heavy backspin will make the ball rise instead of drop. The key is that you really get *lots* of spin. He'll be able to attack light topspin without any problem especially if he uses attack antis like Stiga Energy Absorber or Friendship 804. These antis are lightly grippy and can be used to get light spin on the ball e.g. attack no spin balls etc. He'll have to stop counter attacking if the spin is heavy enough but he'll keep blocking. These blocks can be dangerous because they'll contain varying amounts of backspin and the trajectory is "weird". If you add enough power to your topspins i.e. fast & spinny topspins against his block he won't be able to block anymore and he'll have get back and start chopping. This is what you want basically. Your basic strategy must be to drive him off the table via his anti side. This game requires good technical skills on your part. Don't be fooled, it's not easy to win against anti players. It takes lots of skill and lots of practice. Anti attackers are a relatively rare breed, but they are not as rare as you might expect. Be happy to have such a training partner. It will be good for your technical skills because playing with heavy spin against anti is technically very demanding. If your opponent has a good level you can totally forget about general strategies and you have to play your normal game. Lots of variations etc., but this is very tricky unless you are technically very good. Have fun!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2006 at 3:38am
i played him again, i won again but it got alittle better. he only deuced one game this time, but it was still 3-2 in games. i lost the first game this time, but in the second one, i started loop from a lower spot(almost down past my knees), and he was having trouble smashing them! finally, i even thought about lobbing, but i didnt have to!
joubtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joubtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 12:58pm

In addition to YATTP, try a heavy top/side-top spin combination mixed attack to each corner, playing strictly to the anti(one game), playing mainly to the regular rubber(one game),  and drive/flat hit.  If you know how, also use a variation of no spin pushes and loops.  Play close to the table and attack and counter.

Again it depends upon the players skill level and wether or not they flip the racket. 

JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/999 Chinese sponge
JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/Galaxy 9000
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic