Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pls, suggest me a nittaku blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pls, suggest me a nittaku blade
    Posted: 12/07/2013 at 3:48am
Hello,

i would like to buy and test a nittaku blade and i need your suggest

i play offensive but more spin oriented.  I don't like off+ blades but i prefer off-/off blade with good touch and feedback

i also prefer thin blades, max 5.8mm

i'm playing with a carbon blade that is quite thin, limba-samba-carbon-samba-carbon-samba-limba, that plays quite similar with stratus carbon but with more feedback

Hier in Munich is quite difficult to find in shop a nittaku blade and for this reason is also difficult to fine finde someone has such exprerience with nittaku blades

I already search in internet and foud out the possible nittaku blades that could be interesting for me:

Acoustic
Violin
Rutis

can you suggest me, please?

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Sponsored Links

geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:05am
You can buy it in table tennis11.
I believe nittaku blades has one of the best quality, feel and touch. I might be wrong or biased though.
Accoustic is off-, violin is rather off- to all+. I never played with rutis.
Barwell is off but quite thick, barwell fleet is the current best I think great feedback and speed/control ratio but still 6.2mm you wont like it. 

So what do you want to know about nittaku blades?
Some say violin is better for smashing than accoustic, but my accoustic is also quite decent for smashing. Both blades are really good at looping, and i have to tell you among my blades(still under 20 though) nittaku blades have the best feedback and touch.

Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:09am
violin is a very light blade with great flex and dwell time. it is more stiff but softer than the acoustic. heavy hitters will prefer this one as the lighter blade better complements those with greater physical strength.

the acoustic will be faster, harder, and heavier than violin. it is more suited for precision play (think mizutani) 3rd ball atk players will like this one. it gives you a heavy shot without putting in a lot of power yourself.

rutis i don't recommend though it's a great blade just bc of the G-carbon plies. most ppl bang up their blades and this is one blade u don't want to do that with.

i've only tried the violin and acoustic. the violin played similar to a clipper CR though much lighter. the acoustic played like a cross between an ALC and ZLC. i personally prefer the acoustic. the violin was easy to land everything on, but the acoustic had a superior "catch" when counterlooping. the violin had a light, airy, stiff, and then soft contact when carrying. in contrast, you can feel the strong wood vibration with the acoustic. it really grips the ball when you redirect a strong incoming loop.

peter tried all 3 and also recommends the latika. it's cheaper and reported he feels better value for the cost. a lot of other nittaku users in the US/EU recommend the ludeak fleet and other "fleet" blades.

closing: acoustic is the most popular in japan of the 3 and was the most popular among men for all blades for a good while before ALC, ZLF, and later Stiga additions appeared. 

Edited by kurokami - 12/07/2013 at 4:15am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:15am
Originally posted by geswin geswin wrote:

You can buy it in table tennis11.
I believe nittaku blades has one of the best quality, feel and touch. I might be wrong or biased though.
Accoustic is off-, violin is rather off- to all+. I never played with rutis.
Barwell is off but quite thick, barwell fleet is the current best I think great feedback and speed/control ratio but still 6.2mm you wont like it. 

So what do you want to know about nittaku blades?
Some say violin is better for smashing than accoustic, but my accoustic is also quite decent for smashing. Both blades are really good at looping, and i have to tell you among my blades(still under 20 though) nittaku blades have the best feedback and touch.

yes maybe acoustic is the right choice

but I'm curious about rutis

How plays accoustic, block, short short, throw angle etc..?

adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:21am
I think you have similar taste to mine talking about blades, I tried a lots of blades allwod and composite and I came to the same conclusion as you, blade thinner than 5,7 mm no compostites, medium speed,  much feedback and now I play with nittaku violin and I think you can employ every kind of table tennis thehnique with violin and it is possible to use almost every rubber on the market includind short/long pips.

Edited by adishorul - 12/07/2013 at 5:14am
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 7:56am
If you need feel go with acoustic , the best feeling blade of all time. And by feel i dont mean vibration , it has minimal vibration not like cheap all wood .
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 8:27am
Hi, I own Violin,Acostic,Tenor

Violin is light blade with best cont
rol among the 3 
Acoustic is the best blade fo
r spin oriented game-you can loop from everywhere and feel is unique as michael said-not like cheap wood

Teno
r-is the fastest,the heaviest.Excellent for spin,Excellent for drive.
Teno
r have the best FL handle-for european guys 180 cm 80 kg.

All blades can play with any 
rubber from 729 to Tenergys

Violin is usually lightest 80-85g Acoustic-85-90 g
r and Tenor 90+ grams

if you need mo
re info please ask

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 9:25am
Well, there is large handle for accoustic and violin though. the large handle also feels very good.

Blocking is really good with VJ, S2E and Rasant. havent test other rubber yet.
Throw is rather high i would say.
Short game is good.
The downside is only lack of power when you go further distance, but as what the pro said its you who should have the power.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 10:21am
I suggest you to choose heavy Violin Large handle from Tabletennis11.com
I got 2 heaviest, 93.5 and 93 gr. Total setup is 186 gr with side tape.
I glue 8 layers of Latex water base glue on H3 National blue sponge 2.2 mm untuned.
And I put 4 layers of Latex water base glue on Tenergy 64 2.1 mm

The blue sponge that I got is less tacky, it's very good even untuned.
This blade has all of the control that I need, it's my main weapon right now.

I use Violin at competition today, I win 3-2 from 0-2 down, against Short pips on Backhand guy.
Tomorrow I will face a Cpen short pips with inverted rubber on backhand. I hope I would advance to later stages of the competition Big smile
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 11:37am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

I glue 8 layers of Latex water base glue on H3 National blue sponge 2.2 mm untuned.

I use Violin at competition today, I win 3-2 from 0-2 down, against Short pips on Backhand guy.
Tomorrow I will face a Cpen short pips with inverted rubber on backhand. I hope I would advance to later stages of the competition Big smile

It will be too heavy because I use evolution

I prefer blades between 85g and 88g

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 12:11pm
One blade everyone is forgetting here is Nittaku Runlox-5. OFF soft blade supreme for topspin and control. Runlox + Tenergy;s will make you smile. Latika is also very good. Acoustic is a great blade but very over priced.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 12:21pm
Latika is 5.8mm thick. Mine is 83g but you can ask for the weight you prefer.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 12:45pm
if we put the money on a side-Acoustic!!!
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

One blade everyone is forgetting here is Nittaku Runlox-5. OFF soft blade supreme for topspin and control.

Avalox 500 is just $39
http://ttnpp.com/store/avalox/523-avalox-p500.html
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:11pm
Yep Avalox P500 is the same blade as Runlox-5 and is a bargain but the Runlox has nicer finish and a rosewood handle.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2013 at 7:46pm
can you compare hhao 656 with acoustic? 

thanks

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 3:52am
+3, 3rd nomination for Nittaku Runlox-5.  Superb Off- blade that gets few reviews but sounds every bit as what you ask for.
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 4:51am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

violin is a very light blade with great flex and dwell time. it is more stiff but softer than the acoustic.

I beg to disagree: IMO Violin is more flexible and harder than Acoustic. Besides during play, this is also apparent from the the pitch of Violin being lower at the ball bounce test, and the outer ply being Ash vs Limba.

Actually, I've played with all four Violin, Acoustic, Tenor, and Latika.

IMHO, Violin is a balanced, flexible ALL+/OFF- blade with hard feeling (for being all-wood) but plenty of dwell time. It can produce an insane amount of spin, but it is flexible, so if you want fast shots, you have to provide your own power. It superb for a wide range of shots, including loops, chops and soft blocks, but on hard blocks and flat hits you may miss the directional precision of stiffer blades. It's best indicated for playing close to the table. It has a very distinct feel, some may say it vibrates much, but I feel coming back to the Violin because I like the feeling best among all the all wood blades I've tested so far, and I've tested many. The feeling and stiffness are extremely consistent, rather independently from the blade weight (over the years, I've owned 5, ranging from 80 to 88g), which hints at a painstaking selection of materials and control of the manufacturing process by Nittaku.

Acoustic is a head-heavy, OFF- blade with a soft feel that is still rather flexible, but less than Violin. It's a two-wings loopers blade, better suited for aggressive medium-distance play. It is less suitable for defensive play than Violin. As it is still rather flexible, this is really a blade for aggressive spin play, also missing out some directional precision with respect to stiffer blades. The feel is super-smooth, some even say it's muted.

Nittaku started producing Violin and Acoustic in 2003-2004 (Violin came first, Acoustic was initially called Violin 2). Some years later, they changed the emblem at the butt of the handle from the nailed black and brass tag ("old" models) to the polished, hexagonal, brass ("golden") tag ("new" models).
Old and new Violins have the same plies of identical thickness.
Old and new Acoustics differ: the core layer and the blade thickness is the same, but while the old Acoustic had a thin outer and thicker medial ply, the new one has both outer and medial plies of the same thickness. Some say the feeling of the older Acoustic is better. I can't say, because I only played with the old model.

Then came Tenor. Not sure on what year, but it makes sense to guess that Tenor was made as response to the speed glue ban. Tenor is constructively identical to the new Acoustic, the only difference is a thicker core ply. Tenor has thus a similar feeling than Acoustic, but is both stiffer and faster.

Latika is said by some to be as fast as Acoustic but with a feeling similar to Violin. Instead, I found Latika to be more head-heavy and less flexible than both Acoustic and Violin, and actually more similar to Tenor in terms of speed and stiffness.

Acoustic and Violin have a relatively small blade face. Latika has a larger blade face, it's a slighly oversized version of Nittaku's Kasumi Basic.

Edited by arg0 - 12/17/2013 at 5:22pm
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 4:53am
I prefer Violin (I have both Acoustic and Violin). Violin has a harder feel.
Peter, how was the competition going ? I wish you luck !
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 7:50am
please I need a comparison acoustic with hking655 and hhao656

tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 8:24am
The Acoustic and Violin are both great blades with a lot of touch and feeling but if you are used to more offensive game then they might not have the amount of speed you want. If you sit tight, the Acoustic Carbon is being released by Nittaku in Jan 2014 which will encompass the same touch and control with added speed.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 8:43am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

I prefer Violin (I have both Acoustic and Violin). Violin has a harder feel.
Peter, how was the competition going ? I wish you luck !

Well after I manage to go though the knock out stage, I face a Cpen who use Dr Neubauer Monster on his forehand and Palio inverted rubber guy.
I lost to him, he is a better player, pretty hard to play against pips. When I slow loop he block the ball with his pips very high the return, when I smash it goes to net, I know my mistake after the match, I must smash as if the ball goes out, must open the angle more.
Well it's a lesson for me to learn LOL
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 8:59am
Still better than me. Never pass a knockout phase.
Tabletennis11 say quite true. They both quite underpower, but if you have big power and its allright.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 11:40am
"underpower" is a vague statement: a lot depends on your level, your expectations and the rubbers you glue on them. When the Violin is in the hands of my coach, I never feel it's underpowered... Ma Long did not feel the Acoustic was underpowered, although that was in the age of speed glueing. As I wrote, today those blades are better suited for close to mid-distance play and you have to add your own power.
Join the Nexy Clan!
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 1:12pm
Runlox plays as smooth as a baby's butt, Acoustic is so nice but the price is a mute issue. Acoustic Carbon?...OMG another $300 USD blade. Ok I will shut up.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2013 at 8:03pm
It is true argo. The blade speed is not so fast, accoustic would be off minus and violin would be in the bridge between all plus to off minus.
Me myself doesnt feel that accoustic is underpowered but its just depends on the one who play with it. I agree with you argo. Rubber plays lot of factor in term of speed.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 2:27am
thnks all of you

I ordered acoustic large handle that I get this week, and hking655 that I will get middle of januar

I think together with hhao656, i own 4 of it,  these are the best 5ply allwood blades on the markt

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 2:40am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

May be a little late advise but i have large palms and thanks to Nexy & now tabletennis11 who have large handles which i really love . To your question if i would really recommend Nittakku blade it would be tenor however due to my personal considerations of weight / head size i don't personally play tenor but it is the best feeling blade both for loops as well as drives and may be u can call it Violin on steroids kinda speed . So in short it has both goods of Violin and Acoustic satisfying the gap in the speed compartment ! 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 2:50am
I have some old model violins for sale if you are interested ;)

Better feel and quality then new blades.
Blade: Viscaria
FH: Dignics 05 2.1
BH: ABS 2 pro
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

I have some old model violins for sale if you are interested ;)
Better feel and quality then new blades.

In what respect are they better? Just curious, because I did not notice any difference in feel and quality of the new Violins with respect to the old ones.

Instead, there are constructive differences between the old and new Acoustics (in new models, outer and medial plies are the same thickness, while in the old model, the outer ply is thinner and the medial is thicker; core and overall thickness are the same), which may justify differences in feel and playing characteristics.
Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic