Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Pondus' TT Sanctuary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2014 at 3:12am
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

well something is wrong... i saw it twice and now i found myself looking at the collection the 3rd time

HaHa, do not worry Emihet, you are not the only one and i guess you will return again and again...If that continues i will know Pondus sanctuary better than my own room

With every visit i find some Details i must have somehow overseen at my latest visits...
Sponsored Links

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2014 at 11:53am
WOaWwwwwwwww !!!!!

René, I knew you had some stuff but that is beyond all my expectations:))

All these, banda dacota, Dynapower.....amazing collection and amazing room to practice.

CongratulationsClap
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2014 at 1:10pm
I'm glued on my screenWacko
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2014 at 9:58am
TonyL asked: What are you going to do with all, if not most of your collection when you grow older? Will it be an inheritance to your children, or will you retire and open up a table tennis shop?

Answer: Honestly, I haven't thought about it. I guess I'll have to see when I get that old.

ZApenholder said: Pondus, if I can squeeze in USA in my NA visit, I defiantly must come and visit this POI.

Reply: Sounds good, ZAP - I'd love to have you come by. Smile

Yogi_Bear asked: Pondus, what did you feed your wife with in order for her to agree with all this?

Answer: LOL. LOL

Rich215 asked: Do the super cool furry stools have memory foam under the covering?

Answer: They don’t. Cry

Fatt said: Ok i hope it does not sound jealous or negative in any way and here is my question: mmmhhh… forget about it i won't be a party pooper.

Reply: Bring it. Big smile

Shaibu said: Ok - I'm going to be a party pooper. Pondus, you've said that you only have time to play ~once a week. On the other hand - you've bought ~500 blades in 2 years - so your buying rate is ~5 blades/week. Doesn't quite compute, does it? It would take you 10 years just to play one session with each one of the blades you already own. This just seems totally silly to me.

Reply: You're right, Shaibu, it is indeed silly. But the thing is, I simply collect the blades because it is fun for me. I don't intend to actually play with all of them. The vast majority of the blades I've collected, I’ve never played with (and don't plan on doing so). It’s sort of like people that collect stamps - they do it because they enjoy collecting them, not because they're looking to mail out a ton of letters.

Edited by Pondus - 05/05/2014 at 10:05am
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2014 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

It’s sort of like people that collect stamps - they do it because they enjoy collecting them, not because they’re looking mail out a ton of letters.

LOLLOLLOL

I like that analogy a lot for some reason. 
Pushdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2014 at 10:11am
Did you recently win the lotto or sold a surprise valuable antique that's been sitting in your attic? 2 Years to accumulate a collection seems sudden.
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2014 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Pushdeep Pushdeep wrote:

Did you recently win the lotto or sold a surprise valuable antique that's been sitting in your attic? 2 Years to accumulate a collection seems sudden.

Ha.. I wish. No, I simply came back to TT after being more or less gone from it for about 20 years. And with the Internet and Forums and stuff like that, I was quickly lured in by pictures of other people's collections and such. I went a little crazy at first, but I basically don't buy many blades anymore. Once in awhile something special will catch my eye, but other than that I've chilled out quite a bit.

Edited by Pondus - 05/05/2014 at 12:18pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2014 at 10:42am
errrmmmm..., not impressed at all Pondus. Stern Smile

Where's your collection of robots???

Just kidding!!! I've just nominated your basement as one of the 7 wonders of the table tennis world!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2014 at 11:12am
Absolut WUNDERBAR.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2014 at 11:13am
Rene, I showed your sanctuary to one of my friends yesterday who also knows Hercules.  He said Hercules' collection is huge already.  When he saw all of the blades that you have, and the short stories of the individual blades, origins, etc., that I narrated, the only words that came out of his mouth were, "Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, ...., wow"

You get the picture...
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2014 at 4:37pm
Clap
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2014 at 1:27pm
Pondus,

So now there is the playing area, the wall with all the blades and such, the TT work-shop, and a third workout room that has various exercise machines and a big flatscreen TV to run TT flicks on. The total size of this place is 1000 Square Feet.

Your collection is certainly something very special but I'm actually more interested in the playing area. (I also have a playing area in my house. I have some custom features but I don't have GerFlor.) What are the dimensions of the area Width X Length X Height?

Thanks very much.

Sandiway
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2014 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

It’s sort of like people that collect stamps - they do it because they enjoy collecting them, not because they’re looking mail out a ton of letters.

LOLLOLLOL

I like that analogy a lot for some reason. 

it's like having so many mistresses too or you can call this a harem? Big smile
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2014 at 7:31am
Wow, if someone just showed me those pictures I would have guessed that it's either a really tidy table tennis shop or a table tennis museum.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2014 at 3:07am
Just curious: how come you don't have a huge collection of rubbers on display?
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2014 at 10:24am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Because I don't collect rubbers. Or balls. Or edge-tape. Or net-height-rulers...

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2014 at 1:29pm

Because I don't collect rubbers. Or balls. Or edge-tape. Or net-height-rulers...

I think you should collect balls.  Small, interesting set of variety.LOL
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2014 at 2:34pm

I think you should collect balls.  Small, interesting set of variety.LOL

Nah... collecting balls is for Stanislaw Schmidt. Smile

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2014 at 2:42pm
Wow! I had no idea.

I could, by the way, imagine someone collecting robots. A little expensive, but there aren't that many varieties and they all have interesting mechanics and features. It would be like people who collect cars or tractors.

And it would really seem that rubbers should be collected by someone.  That would seem to me to be similar to collecting blades.

Oh, and someone should collect table tennis memorabilia as it relates to entertainment -- mainly use in the movies, but possibly in music too.  I do have a whole bunch of stuff from the release of Balls of Fury.
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2014 at 11:01pm
Are you still collecting, slowing down, or stop completely?
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 8:17am
Originally posted by W0LovePP W0LovePP wrote:

I've slowed down considerably... I only get something if it's really unique as far as what I'm looking for. I think I've gotten less than 10 blades this year - and "gotten rid" of more than that.

Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 9:11am
Some minutes ago I saw your thread for the first time Shocked

President Pondus, I bow to you!
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by W0LovePP W0LovePP wrote:

I've slowed down considerably... I only get something if it's really unique as far as what I'm looking for. I think I've gotten less than 10 blades this year - and "gotten rid" of more than that.

I'd like to see your blade box collection !! Big smile
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

I'd like to see your blade box collection !! Big smile

LOL - yeah, I have A LOT of boxes... all stored away in storage.

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2014 at 10:36am
Pondus,

I had 300+ blades at one time, and I thought I was sick.  Also, I have seen many many collections over the years, and nobody comes close to what you have here.  You have the most "complete" collection of table tennis equipment ever, blades, rubbers, table, shoes, shirts, short, robot, etc... and most importantly, a room dedicated for table tennis.  The only thing you don't have is a picture of Speedy on your wall, just kidding... Big smile  but, it's not a bad idea.  You might want to collect some pictures of the members of this forum and put them in that room to show the friendship that you also collected over the years.

I usually don't comment on anyone's collection, but this one is too much.  I almost cry Cry because I am so happy for you LOL.

I just want to say this: You are officially the SICKEST table tennis EJ in the world (It's a compliment from Speedy himself)

AWESOME COLLECTION!!!

Edited by speedy - 06/07/2014 at 10:37am
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
takethat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takethat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2014 at 4:04pm
Second story bastard, hate him.Must say at least I have more shoes.Take that.
sharkcard
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2014 at 4:21pm
OK the time has come to ask the question in the back of people's minds.
Maybe I'm being impolite, but how the hell did you get the money to buy all that, and have a tolerating family?
Wink
acid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2014 at 7:59pm
Unbelievable ..... Cry

Very nice colletion ... Well done  ! Clap
GwaiLo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GwaiLo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2014 at 2:27pm
My commute to the nearest club is ten minutes and I thought I was pretty close!  With this setup yours must be around thirty seconds? LOL  Honestly, when I saw your line-up of butterfly timo boll blades I was blown away, the colors are amazing.  
Blade: Butterfly Photino

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2014 at 1:32pm
the first time my eyes have seen such a thing and...WOW!!!

I would love to come to your house just to have a physical look
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic