Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Preferred Alternative to Tenergy for FH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Given prices and properties, which do you prefer for FH out of these?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [30.56%]
3 [8.33%]
3 [8.33%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [13.89%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [16.67%]
3 [8.33%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [5.56%]
3 [8.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 11:31am
I think it is fairly obvious that someone would like to believe his technique issues are equipment issues.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 11:36am
JimT,

Timo can decide not to live with a drop in performance that most of us should learn to live with- I am fairly sure I can play with used Timo Boll rubbers. If someone who isn't 2400 yet has similar complaints, then just get out the wallet as a rubber change will not save you unless you go the Hurricane route.
Cybershape Carbon
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 12:15pm
I am very sensitive to equipment and everything bothers me, but i cannot notice a drop in tenergy performance ever. It is so gradual that it is undetected. Also, I will take a 6 mo old Tenergy used in casual club play over any brand new commercial chinese rubber. No doubt.

Kurokami sounds like a good player, so I don't doubt his statement about the two week life span, but one thing is for sure -- you will search long and hard to find a more durable rubber. XIOM is absolutely out of the quesion, and they have never had a sponge that is lively enough to be compared to Tenergy. Not to bring xiom down -- it has great control and decent spin and is great value at their price points -- it is just a completely different animal.

My Joola Rhyzm FH rubber refuses to die after 6 months but I would be still hard pressed to say its more durable than Tenergy. Short of automotive tire, tenergy is the most durable rubber out there. Maybe Bty should start making auto tires -- will easily have the best traction on market ; )
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 12:42pm
I was in a similar situation as the OP a few years back and played a LOT of hours daily. Tenergy was a great rubber up to 2 week mark, then went downhill in a hurry and at 4 weeks, it was time to ditch it. I didn't mind when I could get it for $50 a sheet, then priced jacked way the heck up.

I settled on Aurus for FH. I got it for free for a year, then at a very good discount. I was very pleased with it. I still use it, but I now prefer Evolution FX-P on the Arirang, great match. Looks like I will get at least 2 months of daily play before I want a new sheet. Aurus lasted at least 2 months for me. I would peel it off, slap on a new sheet, then a 1900ish level player at my club who hates buying new rubber would slap it on his blade and use it another 4 months.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 12:44pm
I thought I heard the FED chairman say somewhere that as long as there is a supply of not so expensive Aurus, that the economy would prosper...
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 1:39pm
its not expensive at all, its free Aurus if you are a banker. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 1:59pm
Here's my view:

1. If you prefer Tenergy hardness or softer, go for M2: almost the same ball arc / trajectory / throw, similar spin (especially on half-strength strokes). Better short game. Slightly worse overall control but slightly less spin sensitive in serve receives.
2. If you prefer Tenergy hardness or harder, go for MX-P: more powerful, lower arc, less spin on half-assed strokes but slightly greater spin on full power strokes. Better overall control and short game.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 2:09pm
Just be a low-level player like me, use Mark V for a year before replacing, and smash ( topspinning is too easy).  That will simply things.
Cybershape Carbon
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 2:30pm
The 2 rubbers for me as alternative to T-O5 on a all wood 7 ply are Omega 4 Asia, and Aurus, I am not an elite player and they work just fine for me.
Shifter
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 4:05pm
Where is the calibra, it is second ranked on every protour
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

The 2 rubbers for me as alternative to T-O5 on a all wood 7 ply are Omega 4 Asia, and Aurus, I am not an elite player and they work just fine for me.

Aurus is probably slightly better than Xiom 4 Asia on FH (depends a little on the blade of course)... I used both a lot.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2013 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Where is the calibra, it is second ranked on every protour

That is debatable I think- what about bluefire? 
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2013 at 4:09pm
It is a good rubber as tibhar and xiom but still stiga is the second rated after butterfly.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2013 at 6:20pm
^ not...
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 3:47am
Where did the OP go? I was keen to find out his rating and whether or not he found a rubber which last for more than 2 weeks.
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 6:17am
a question: how long does t05 last before it loses reliability / consistency? (I am not talking about spin loss)

Edited by seguso - 09/21/2013 at 6:18am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 10:42am
Seguso, A very long time.  A year or more.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Seguso, A very long time.  A year or more.

+1. Clean the rubbers after your playing session and then put it in a large zip-loc bag, it'll last a long, long time.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2013 at 8:20pm
here! i'm just under 2200. 

tested boosted reg. H3 Neo but it's very different. requires a lot more power relatively and easier to arc it in for short range versus a more horizontal stroke with Tenergy.

I tried Calibra LT Spin. not a fan. weak tension kick, always fast. 

they're authentic sheets. from different suppliers and same batch, fh has always lasted 2 weeks on avg. I also use tenergy on bh and it lasts for 2-3 months.

tested M2 briefly and thought it was more speed than spin compared to T05. i was interested in the JP series bc ppl were saying the topsheet is more grippy, speed is more linear

tested Tenergy again and it really seems like there's nothing like it that i have tried unfortunately

i will test out some other xiom rubbers though. they tend to be very durable; you can play with them for awhile and the topsheet still looks new.

T05 sponge is really good quality. it's the topsheet that wears out too fast. if you play off the table, u can definitely use it for a long time. most of my game is 3rd ball attack though so i practice close range looping which is much more affected by the topsheet condition. 

this is typically what i wear it down to before switching:

Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2013 at 6:10pm
I prefer Donic Bluefire M2.
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic