Print Page | Close Window

Best blade for Tenergy 05

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31093
Printed Date: 05/04/2024 at 6:29am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best blade for Tenergy 05
Posted By: dauntless
Subject: Best blade for Tenergy 05
Date Posted: 12/27/2009 at 7:43pm
I have one last EJ experiment that I want to perform. That experiment is using T05 on FH. I know, I know, it is way above my class and I know I will most likely sell the setup. Yet, I still want to try.

Criteria:

*Must have decent resale value. I don't want to buy something I can't resell if it just isn't for me.

*Let's make it easier and just say it will have to be a Butterfly product.

*If it is a T Boll product, i can think about a ST handle, since I like those ST handles. Otherwise it will be a FL handle.

*I prefer all wood blades, and I use OFF- blades currently. But if like the TBS is the best for T05 then so be it. (also, TBS will resell better than something like Mazunov)

*I realize harder/stiffer seems to be the choice amongst T05 users. I am used to Medium to Stiff blades... but not super hard outer veneers.

*Suggest BH rubber that will suit the blade. Could I use Mark V?

*Remember this is an EJ thing and not me thinking that I can actually control T05, so please don't turn this into a coaching thread, it is for fun.LOL

I use Mark V now on OFF- all wood blades and like it when it is new and just glued, but it gets a bit dull and pedestrian after 2-3 weeks. I want something to ease lifting backspin on forehand.

-------------
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56416 - Feedback

Replies:
Posted By: liXiao
Date Posted: 12/27/2009 at 7:50pm
There was an extensive search done by one professional player, it was Oya Hidetoshi, and he found that of all the commercial blades from butterfly, the Schlager Carbon was the best rated blade for tenergy 05, obtaining a 97/100 score. Id say you're best bet is that really, im sure most people on this forum will agree.

-------------
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing

Posted By: silverhair
Date Posted: 12/27/2009 at 7:51pm

Too bad it has to be a Butterfly blade.  I was going to suggest trying a Donic Dima SawTech blade with T-05 of the forehand and Donic Vario Big Slam on the back.  I tried hitting a little yesterday with Vario Big Slam.  Felt faster and MUCH spinnier than well worn Desto F3 Big Slam.  And the Dima SawTech has such a nice feel and great handle. 

But you need bty, so all this probably doesn't help. 

Edit:  Maybe a Timo Boll Spirit with Solcion on the backhand. 

-------------
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Posted By: LOOPMEISTER
Date Posted: 12/27/2009 at 8:41pm
Photino + Black T05 FH + Red Macro Era Soft BH

Posted By: Kolev
Date Posted: 12/27/2009 at 9:34pm
last week i tried a friend's Gergely with T05.Simply amazing feel and astonishing control for such spin and speed

-------------
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro

Posted By: 7plywood
Date Posted: 12/27/2009 at 10:57pm
In my opinion any blade with sharp feel will do. That usually means carbon or some sort of reinforcement. I personally play with TBS, but M.Maze, Gergely 21, any of the TB series blades would be other good choices. When it comes to resale value, just go for TBS (although I know from your other posts, that you will hate sharp-feel blades so I am guilty of reccomending something I don't believe you will like, but nevertheless those are great blades for T05 IMO).

Another choice could be Stradivarius (disclaimer: never personally played with Stradi, but I read it has same sharp feel as TBS, but half-gear slower).

Actually, after giving it second thought, I might have a better recommendation for you, which I feel you will like: the best all-wood blade I tried with T05 was Petr Korbel. Quite stiff and medium feel, it paired well with T05, try that... Also when it comes to reselling Korbel - no problem.
Anything on your Korbel's backhand will play quite well - make it Sriver or Mark V or, better yet, another T05.

Posted By: Klaus123
Date Posted: 12/27/2009 at 11:27pm
I would go with MM. Gergely and Schlager was way too fast and uncontrolled in combination with T05 for me, and i played many OFF+ combos in my life. TBS works well with T05, but MM is a little slower and IMHO more controlled in topspin gameplay near the table. I should add, that i tested plenty of other blades with T05, they all didn't work.

Posted By: asyraf
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 1:52am
try 7 ply or 5 ply blade..

-------------
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 2:06am
Great suggestions, I never expected so much help. Thank you all very much.

I am curious if the Mazunov blade entered anyone's mind? Or if Maze Passion (Glass Fiber) could be considered hard enough for T05?
I think a year ago I played a MM with T05 and remember it being fast but not ridiculous compared to my Xiom Control blade. (Quite a stiff blade - yet forgiving carbon aramid)

I was leaning towards TBS. I mean it gets such great reviews. And the price is right. But maybe Korbel makes more sense.

-------------
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56416 - Feedback

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 2:08am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

There was an extensive search done by one professional player, it was Oya Hidetoshi, and he found that of all the commercial blades from butterfly, the Schlager Carbon was the best rated blade for tenergy 05, obtaining a 97/100 score. Id say you're best bet is that really, im sure most people on this forum will agree.

Interesting. How do you like the Photino, does it suit you? The reason I ask is a lot of ppl using that with T05 on FH.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 2:12am
Silverhair: I have tried so many non Butterfly blades in the last two years.
After picking up my circa 1994 BTY Primorac OFF- (38mm era blade) and seeing how well it is made and how well it still plays, I can't think of any other brand I want to EJ on right now. I haven't bought a BTY blade since 2000. The time has come. The wallet is not ready... LOL

-------------

Posted By: 7plywood
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 3:03am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Or if Maze Passion (Glass Fiber) could be considered hard enough for T05?

Just to mention: Jakub Kosowski from Poland (top 100 player) plays Maze Passion with T05 both sides.

Posted By: silverhair
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 3:25am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Silverhair: I have tried so many non Butterfly blades in the last two years.
After picking up my circa 1994 BTY Primorac OFF- (38mm era blade) and seeing how well it is made and how well it still plays, I can't think of any other brand I want to EJ on right now. I haven't bought a BTY blade since 2000. The time has come. The wallet is not ready... LOL

That Primorac's a great blade!!  I enjoyed hitting with it 15 years ago.  Should have bought it. 

-------------
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Posted By: bozbrisvegas
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 5:51am
Originally posted by silverhair silverhair wrote:

Too bad it has to be a Butterfly blade.  I was going to suggest trying a Donic Dima SawTech blade with T-05 of the forehand and Donic Vario Big Slam on the back.  I tried hitting a little yesterday with Vario Big Slam.  Felt faster and MUCH spinnier than well worn Desto F3 Big Slam.  And the Dima SawTech has such a nice feel and great handle. 

But you need bty, so all this probably doesn't help. 

Edit:  Maybe a Timo Boll Spirit with Solcion on the backhand. 
is the vario big slam spinnier or grippier than the f3 big slam? is it the same topsheet material?

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQgNPkpILsg&list=PL9V-XUSPJgk-loYl2zRhQZ29lsAK7tdLX" rel="nofollow - Watch me playing TT

Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 5:55am
you are right about the resale of butterfly blades - especially the heavy ones - harder to damage and there is always someone near by who wants it at a bit under full price

Ive been doing this for the last couple of years now - buy use sell - If i lose $50 for playing with it for 5 months I'm happy.  Its like rent a blade.

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQgNPkpILsg&list=PL9V-XUSPJgk-loYl2zRhQZ29lsAK7tdLX" rel="nofollow - Watch me playing TT

Posted By: PingPongBoy
Date Posted: 12/28/2009 at 6:42am
A Buttefly amultart / mizutani should be good

-------------
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 12:40am
Wondering between the Maze Passion and TBS which is a better blade for Tenergy 05. Also, which has a better FL handle (I know this is subjective). I am thinking the Maze handle will suit me better, but I have heard TBS is quite good.
TIA

EDIT I am not used to hard blades and thinking that the Maze Passion is too hard, while TBS is medium and I am used to that more or less.

Maybe I should rename this thread best BTY blade under 100USD for Tenergy
LOL

-------------

Posted By: tdragon
Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 12:51am
For under $100 USD, the best BTY blade for Tenergy would be BTY Primorac OFF-. The soft wood feel of the blade is mixed well with the hard rubber like T05.
I have tried TBS with T05, but I don't like it much. Maze with T05 is ok, but I don't feel if T05 would be best fit for Maze.

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 12:53am
the harder one - trust me - tenergy needs the hardest you can play all your shots with

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 12:58am
Above posts contradict each other. Is is possible that they both work depending on which you are used to? It is accepted that harder blades work well with T05.
I am a bit confused.

Anyway, look at this "dream" order -- it is going to have to wait a bit so I can fly it under the "wife" radar:

From BTY Online NA

Product                                     Status                 https://www.butterflyonline.com/checkout_shipping_method.asp -    Ship From          Price           Subtotal    
  1 - Timo Boll Spirit In-Stock Priority Mail US $99.99 $99.99
  1 - Energy Force III Shoes - White/Gray In-Stock Priority Mail US $135.99 $135.99
  1 - Tenergy 05 In-Stock Priority Mail US $56.99 $56.99
  1 - Solcion In-Stock Priority Mail US $48.99 $48.99
  1 - Free Chack 37ml In-Stock Priority Mail US $16.99 $16.99
  1 - Hardfull Case II In-Stock Priority Mail US $35.99 $35.99
Tax       $0.00      
Shipping       $0.00      
* 10% Discount        - $39.49      
Total       $355.45  

-------------

Posted By: ThaiLe
Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 1:37am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Photino + Black T05 FH + Red Macro Era Soft BH

I'd recommend this combo as well...Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 3:47am
love how you cant read the total!

dam I wish butterfly was cheaper - but you cant too wrong with that setup.

blade and rubbers - i got those shoes now but I am going to some other cheaper brand - um whats the name Mizuno (red and black logo) the sole inside looks awesaome they look great outside. 

I highly doubt I will ever buy butterfly shoes again.  yes they lasted a bit longer than the rest, they looked better than any other shoe but in the end its a dam shoe,  I think shoes the inner sole and outer rubber is the same as rubber on your blade.  

Needs to be changed every 4 months or so.

Usually have a cheap or old pair for fun and comp pair.
probably not the best idea as you go in for competition and sudenly have to lift your feet to move more.

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 3:50am
sheesh can anyone tell how many drinks Ive had by my spelling?  I've been partying on down downstairs at the underbar where the moles hang out.  But finally got kicked out because the poor sod can't handle the truth. 

V

look down - its not victory its misery

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 4:40am
uhmm. ok. whatever reference you were making there kinda went over my head

-------------

Posted By: Sallom89
Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 4:50am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

e looks awesaome they look great outside.�

I highly doubt�I will ever buy butterfly shoes again.� yes they lasted a bit longer than the rest, they looked better than any other shoe but in the end its a dam shoe,� I think shoes the inner sole and outer rubber is the same as

you must be a butterfly staff for hating their shoes! it shows!

-------------
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 4:54am
salome i tell it like it is bro - i dont care which company it is - its got to be

1.  the best quality
2. durability
3. performance

4. wish to hell the price was lower but atleast you know with Japanese products you get what you pay for.

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL

Posted By: Sallom89
Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 5:32am

salome i tell it like it is bro - i dont care which company it is - its got to be

1.� the best quality

2. durability

3. performance

4. wish to hell the price was lower but atleast you know with Japanese products you get what you pay for.

you are right, BTW I'm joking just incase.. you know what I'm on about :P

-------------
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro

Posted By: powerplay.de
Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 5:41am
@ member_profile.asp?PF=17493&FID=24 - dauntless
there isnt a "Best Blade" for Tenergy. It depends on your style, technic and feel. I played T05 with a dozen blades and all exp were different. Choose your fav blade and practice a lot. After some time youĺl adapt to your new setup. Dont let some unknown Tenergy + XY-blade fanboi tell you which material is good for you. Its crap.

-------------
BT777, Ishlion, U2 Hinoki, Baum Senso, TBS
T05
T05

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 5:44am
Originally posted by powerplay.de powerplay.de wrote:

there isnt a "Best Blade" for Tenergy. It depends on your style, technic and feel. I played T05 with a dozen blades and all exp were different. Choose your fav blade and practice a lot. After some time youĺl adapt to your new setup. Dont let some unknown Tenergy + XY-blade fanboi tell you which material is good for you. Its crap.
agreed, buy 10 different blades until you find out for yourself

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 6:34am

read again. I said fav"ourite" blade. No need to buy 10 blades. Everyone has one or two favourite blades. You only need time to ajust. Some need more  and some less time. Even when he buys one of those recommend blades.

-------------
T05
T05

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 6:46am

read again. I said fav"ourite" blade. No need to buy 10 blades. Everyone has one or two favourite blades. You only need time to ajust. Some need more  and some less time. Even when he buys one of those recommend blades.
I agree everyone has a different style - and mostly you can use anything on anything that is legal - but when you start looking at matching equipment its not that simplistic.  yes a defenders blade will work and yes and schlager carbon or triple carbon will work.

If you are asking though - dont listen to the people who use the word crap in their advice that it is probably the same = crap.

bit of respect here thanks there ic

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL

Posted By: Timo B.
Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 7:26am
I've tried T05 2.1 on my BTY Gergely blade and the speed and spin were amazing!

Now I've got a BTY T.B. ZLC with T05 2.1 and this combo is also really good.
It's a pretty hard blade with good control and really a lot of speed and spin. I really love this blade with T05 !!

-------------
OSP Virtuoso
Butterfly Rozena
Butterfly Rozena

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 7:31am

I agree everyone has a different style - and mostly you can use anything on anything that is legal - but when you start looking at matching equipment its not that simplistic.  yes a defenders blade will work and yes and schlager carbon or triple carbon will work.

If you are asking though - dont listen to the people who use the word crap in their advice that it is probably the same = crap.

bit of respect here thanks there ic

sorry boz but tabletennis is so simplistic. You only need time, effort ,patience and talent. No need to waste time and money. Just focus to max your restricted time to get the best possible results. Equipmenttests are just for the ej egos. Blade XY or rubber XY wont make you a better player.

Well we both are fortunate and we are living in a world with free speech so i wont tell you how to behave correctly and please accept it.

-------------
T05
T05

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 7:38am
ok i realised you werent refering to me now - when you said crap - so will leave that to someone else to get offended by.

it is simple time, effort, patience and talent.

you can use hardbat and beat everyone in the club with those above features.   you could play for 40 years of your life wondering why you couldnt work out why you cant topspin loop?

but you tried so hard for so long for 40 years and were patient.

and finally you were born with something that god gave you and you won the world championships.

that is simplistic

Anyway good night will respond to any love letters laters

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL

Posted By: ejmaster
Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 8:13am
Being the very repeated obvious fact that the base of progression in table tennis is training (with the knowing and the right technique) with any blade. Just please we all know this.

It is boring to hear all the time that obvious speech.

Then, it is maybe a small edge to equipment issue (just 1 -2 points scoring) but there it is, i would recommend a solid blade to hold tenergy. yeo, photino, sc, kc, a good alc or tbs (i say this because lately alc/tbs is not very solid).

Is there anyone who can score the same to a similar level player with any blade?. Of course not, I can not score the same with any blade or rubber. It is not the same playing tenergy in an allround wrb than in alc. I mean things can be easier or one can spend a lot of time struggling with. 

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 8:53am
The technic is quite important to play with Tenergy.

Posted By: wkm1
Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 3:18pm
after the input from the 'MASTER' which wasn't aked for btw.

I would keep it simple, all wood blade Timo Boll W7 

-------------
Cheers

T

Blades:custom Zebrano Spin-Art, Nittaku Acoustic and OSP V+ plus some Gum on both sides

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 3:40pm
i do not need to be asked for to give my opinion man. it is an open thread.

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 4:18pm

Edited

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 4:36pm
Th tdragon. Edited too. 

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 5:59pm
Just to recap -

05 is crazy spin

put in on dwelly blade and you have insane spin
-great for serves insane loops
-terrible for just smashing punching blocking a good speedy drive killer receiving serves

put in on a less spin blade
you take the middle path - you can do all the shots in tt textbook that a good player should be able to do.

the best blade is a subjective statement as we are all different at different times

but just as cooking and ingredients to make the best combo bat
the best herbs to go in an italian pasta are basil, oregano, thyme etc.

you can put ginger in their but most people would disagree

Back to tt example -
best blade for chinese rubber?  you can go hard carbon but follow a bit of advice from those who have already wasted time searching

imo it seems chinese rubber plays best on alc or all wood with more dwell

-------------
Grubba Variant ALL

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 7:12pm
Glad to see everyone settled down. I appreciate all the tremendous feedback. EJMaster: when you say TBS Or ALC is not so good these days, do you think quality is not good now?

Anyone: is Maze Passion not a good blade?

-------------

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 8:03pm
well, good is always something relative to one likings, but for me i expect tbs or alc to be more powerful than soft carbon like. And in fact there are tbs and alc as powerful as this. Because to be similar power i think a wsc has more control.

But lately the alc, tbs i ordered were not as powerful as before.

they were less solid.

One of the real edges about tbs was to be powerful with arylate flexibility.

tbs has lately less vibration what in my opinion is good but is less solid what in my opinion is bad.

And alc is more flexible without bad vibration but less solid. My first alc was lot more solid and powerful. It happens this a lot i do not know why.

Maze passion is a different blade than arylate carbon. It is different.

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 10:37pm
Wsc = waldner senso carbon?

-------------

Date Posted: 01/03/2010 at 11:55pm
yes wsc = waldner senso carbon or also ymlc = yasaka ma lin carbon or ymlsc= yasaka ma lin soft carbon.

Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 1:37am
Ok, so I am familiar with extra 3d soft carbon and yeo
would yeo be on your list as "solid"? And TBS not?

-------------

Posted By: Totoro
Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 4:54am

?! I'm using PC so it's good right? =D

-------------
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB

Posted By: thethinker
Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 1:21pm
TBS with the old logo is OK. I like T5000 with T05 better.

Posted By: blockfast
Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 1:36pm
I am enjoying the balsacarbo X5 with Tenergy 05. Gives me lots of control, and power when I need it. But I would like to get hold of a Michael Maze blade and try 05 on that at some point.

-------------
Balsacarbo X5
BH:Tenergy 05 2.1
FH:Tenergy 05 2.1

TPS Balsa 8.5
Avalox Pronte 2.0 FH and BH

Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by thethinker thethinker wrote:

TBS with the old logo is OK. I like T5000 with T05 better.

Can you compare TB T5000 with another blade out there? I know Speedy plays with this and says it is a great blade, I always thought of it as too fast for me and with a ping of carbon. Am I correct about carbon feel and sound?

-------------

Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 7:24pm
Thoughts about TBS:

There are SO many pros and sponsored players using TBS (or close variant) and there are even more club players who use this setup.

At butterflyonline, the most used blade is TBS or ALC. The next closest is Schlager Carbon or Gergley 21.
---
It has been an extremely popular blade with excellent reviews regarding its playability, good dimensions and weight, and good handle.
---
Seems to me out of all the blades out there, this blade meets the requirements of this EJ experiment the very best:

*Must have decent resale value. I don't want to buy something I can't resell if it just isn't for me.

TBS will have a good resale value, so I won't lose there

*Let's make it easier and just say it will have to be a Butterfly product.

TBS is THE BTY product. Next to Primorac OFF- this is probably the best selling blade.

*If it is a T Boll product, i can think about a ST handle, since I like those ST handles. Otherwise it will be a FL handle.

Handle should be good in either ST or FL, I will probably get FL

*I prefer all wood blades, and I use OFF- blades currently. But if like the TBS is the best for T05 then so be it. (also, TBS will resell better than something like Mazunov)

I think I need a bit more stiffness for T05, and although marked as medium feel, this should be just fine. I played with a carbon aramid blade before and loved it.

*I realize harder/stiffer seems to be the choice amongst T05 users. I am used to Medium to Stiff blades... but not super hard outer veneers.

Although I am seduced by the harder blades, I think going with a medium one will help me as I am not a highly rated player...yet. My first tournament is in April.

So TBS it is. Now... anyone have one for sale?

-------------

Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 8:38pm
A long road to get it.

In my opinion i like the alc more than tbs for t05. I am playing lately with this set up and getting very good results. I think i finally get in the tenergy clan.

About tbs, latest old logo is not better than new logo. I would say if get a tbs can get a new logo. In old logo must be quite older.

So good luck and th to you to appreciate feedback.

Either alc or tbs is good blade to play tenergy.

And now the important part is left, have to train to get the results.

Posted By: holda
Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 8:51pm
TBS with a straight handle-super nice if u like hybrids.
I didn't like flared and anatomic handles Butterfly designed.:(

-------------
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...

Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 11:37pm
Is FL not good? I only have as reference a VSG 4000

-------------

Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

A long road to get it.

I know...

-------------

Posted By: gatz
Date Posted: 01/05/2010 at 2:59am

It great to use it in TBS ZLC and Jun mizutani. I have both oWinkn them.

-------------
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   

Posted By: thethinker
Date Posted: 01/05/2010 at 3:41am
If you have read the review of T5000 you would probably try to avoid it because of the speed. And you're right. It's probably not the blade for you going from Dicon. But it's a great blade to those who is current using Sadius and Schlager Carbon (or something fast). It's a slower, smaller (compact) version of those two with a little vibration for the looper in us. It's a step down but so tiny is the step and it makes total sense. Speedy could tell you more.

Posted By: debraj
Date Posted: 01/05/2010 at 4:11am

i am not surprised...

i started T05 with stiff and fast galaxy T8 and it was at its best,

then slower galaxy T4 it was second best

then much slower K-5 (still pretty fast) it was good

then faster avalox aramid carbon it was again better

then for some reason a fast but flexy blade i don't remember (it sucked)

then slower less stiff photino it still a compromise, but BH improved.

-------------
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
http://youtu.be/y9y9nE9g778" rel="nofollow - vid1
http://youtu.be/xqNy786yGOs" rel="nofollow - Vid 2

Date Posted: 01/05/2010 at 4:23am
So EJs, is the FL handle on the TBS decent? I know that I like very much the ST handle on Primorac OFF-, and have heard it is similar. Is FL similar to another blade out there?

-------------

Date Posted: 01/05/2010 at 9:30am
the tbs fl handle is decent and good.

And the st handle in my opinion is a very good st one. I like the squarish st butterfly handle. i play at present with alc st.

Date Posted: 01/05/2010 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

the tbs fl handle is decent and good.

And the st handle in my opinion is a very good st one. I like the squarish st butterfly handle. i play at present with alc st.
+1
TBS ST is good, but ALC ST is even better.

Posted By: Master_of_loops
Date Posted: 01/05/2010 at 6:38pm
I most like Mizutani + Tenergy 05:)
Also good combo is Maze, TBS, Amultart + Tenergy 05

-------------

Posted By: gotzki
Date Posted: 01/06/2010 at 10:30am
timo boll spirit Embarrassed

-------------
Blade: Andro Kinetic CF Light Off+
FH:     Skyline 3 Neo
BH:    Joola Energy

http://ktakrolas.multiply.com/

Posted By: redferrari
Date Posted: 01/06/2010 at 11:06am
.... on my Bty CPL & Haruvatart!! Awesome.....!

Posted By: dabookerman
Date Posted: 01/06/2010 at 9:38pm
I like the TBS with T05, and it sounds like we are in similar stages of development (or lack thereof) and like similar equipment.  I have not used the Dicon, but I switched to my TBS after beginning with a Mark V Special Edition paddle. 

My current setup is T05 on my FH and I still play Mark V on my backhand for its versatility.  The other week I used my Mark V blade with Mark V rubber combo and the TBS beats it in every aspect IMHO.  It feels a bit faster AND more controlled at the same time. 

I bought a used TBS with an AN handle, and I would not even consider any other handle.  The AN has a nice "bump" in the middle that fits my hand nicely and seems to promote better form. 

Finally, I would recommend trying it first with your Mark V on one side.  That will give you a good comparison for why the TBS is different from your current blade. 

-------------
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Posted By: chris.b40
Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 9:40am
This information in this thread serves me well as I have never played with or own a TBS . I gather that this is one of the superior blades and forms a perfect union with tenergy. will try this set up and see how it goes for me .

By the way I noticed  some think the ALC might be better is this so ?

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 9:53am

chris,

alc is better but get a heavy weight st to be stiffer and more powerful.

you wont have problem having been used to your 95 gr HK655.

And yes the right alc with Tenergy 05 is a superior weapon. Tbolls weapon.

see how their opponents can not block leting the ball in the table. out or to the net.

Note: have to train for some long but once the right technic and trained it is woooow.

Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 10:27am

ejmaster  hope you understand how it is with an ej,the minute you get accustomed to one set up you always want something better,it never stops but has to be controlled like a fix. I rather like the comments about both the TBS and the ALC  so I will order an alc and a tenergy and see how it goes.  There are a couple of threads about the alc recently but there are just some ejs who are trigger happy ,run off and buy everything without doing their homework(research) probably have tons of spare cash,while there are others who listen and learn from sound reliable advice. Thanks again foe sharing your advice.

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 10:34am

Noticed tdragon is also in favor of alc ,maybe you can give a short description of the playing properties as well as the blades behavioral patterns against loops and various types of spin both incoming and out going.

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 10:35am
Hope I am lucky and get a good one.

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 10:35am
th chris,

It is very important chris to ask for a heavy weight st one. remember this. there can be a lot of difference between a light alc and a heavy one. must be heavy weight. the blade is well balanced.

cheers.

i think if you get a heavy st one it is going to be a very good alc blade.

Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 10:36am
Thanks will do.

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Posted By: icontek
Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 1:05pm

Dauntless, IIRC is a sub US1500 player. If you honestly think that "what is the best for a professional" is a "good choice" for a player of this level (and believe that most of the forum will back you up)...

Well then I simply don't know what to say, other than the EJ'ism here has reached new heights of absurdity.

There's a player rated almost US500 points above me who recently switched to a Schlager carbon. In the past, with his OFF gear, I was lucky to win one game out of 20. Now I can beat him 1 out of 7 games just by making him hit and push long.

If you're an intermediate player and your goal is to have embarrasing losses to people at and below your level, I say, "go nuts and go OFF+"!

Sorry to dump in the thread, but a 1500 player with a schlager carbon makes about as much sense as a 1000 player with a Photino.

re: Energy Force III shoes - i believe those are made by asics and you can get them about $50 cheaper if you forego the BTY logo. I made the mistake of buying the BTY version, and they are NOT a $130 shoe; construction and finish are a $60-80 shoe.

-------------
http://bit.ly/vLMhuB" rel="nofollow - - RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42

Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 5:37pm
I see your point icontek, but i think most people including myself is answering here just the question about good blades to play tenergy without the particular context about dauntless level. Even dauntless say that he wanted to know even in the case he had not the right level. dauntless said 'i still want to try'. 

In my personal experience i do not care about what a professional is using but a reference.

Tenergy was not working for long for me though i felt its potential about speed and spin. I was looping well but i was not scoring better overall. and the same with alc.

however i have been training harder than usual in the last months with hh656 and i had to reinforce my technic and suddenly i managed to train with the alc and tenergy and get very good results improving very much the technic to play tenergy. i had that alc with tenergy setup very long ago and it was parked just because didnt work, even didnt feel it would work. i mean my feeling was worse than hh656 that i feel it wasnt working but it will work someday to the level i wanted.
sometimes ejing is good because you get where you wanted through a different set up. few times but it happens.

At present i belong definitely to the tenergy clan because i manage to score and win in real matches with t05 in fh at my best level where is the point one can say this is my setup. Anyway i keep my sriver fx in the bh though i am tempted to try also tenergy 05.
what is important it is to be honest with yourself. To say this is my rubber one has to score better than any other rubber.

to say tenergy is my rubber because i like timo boll is stupid. and tenergy can be timo boll's rubber but can not be ones rubber at all.

and yes there are some people who play with what he likes not with what it works for them. then an inverted rubber (no need lp, maybe just a good service or short game) pushblocker gets in and �am �am and then feeling depressed.

Date Posted: 01/07/2010 at 9:41pm

Good point icontek I also like your contributions to this forum and I learn from them as well.

Ej I thought you had retired that 656 blade?  any how back to my point,

I must admit that I am merely not half as experience with changing blades ejing. I played tennis with one blade (Klampar carbon ) for almost half my tennis life and it served me well ,now the game has changed and the once upon a time any  blade to rubber combination I was familiar with is no more. Now just like horses for courses they are blades for rubbers. I have many blades now but that came about as a result of trying to find what felt right for me. Still ejing.

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Date Posted: 01/08/2010 at 12:07pm
No, I have in my bag the hh656 and the alc. I like to change from one another.

I would say the hh now is more my evolution blade, i can experiment a lot with this blade, and surprisingly the alc is the competition one. The idea was just the opposite at the beginning. the alc being a very powerful one was going to be an experimenting power set.

the alc was very heavy but the hh is little balanced to the head. so at the end both feel same weight, so with the time playing hh the alc didnt feel so heavy weight and i began to play with it.

Date Posted: 01/08/2010 at 8:34pm
Here are some numbers regarding blades I have used/am using and what is proposed (**) by this absurd EJismLOL :
BLADE:
Class Speed Control Weight Ply Thickness Feel
OFF- 87 65 82 5w 5.2 Medium Stiff/Feel Waldner Dicon (Faster than rated IMO)
OFF- 87 67 84 5w 5.8 Medium Stiff/Feel Mark V Special Edition (Slower than rated IMO)
OFF- 84 66 90 5w 5.7 Medium Stiff/Feel Primorac OFF- (Slower than rated IMO)
------
**OFF 90 61 89 5w,2a/c 5.7 Medium Stiff/Feel TBS

RUBBER:
Speed Spin Control Density Thickness
8.6 8.4 7.6 40-45 2.0 Mark V
**9.2 9.6 6.4 36 2.1 Tenergy

I don't think that TT numbers from different companies really say it all, but they do represent some basic info. about the equipment. I don't think a TBS is remarkably faster than my Dicon. Butterfly puts TBS at 8.3 speedwise, 7.9 control. Primorac OFF- is 7.5 and 7.8 respectively. What I am playing with (Donic Dicon) is easily an 8.0 in Butterfly numbers. So I don't think blade-wise I am going crazy.

The Tenergy thing is just a lark, an expensive test to see once and for all if it is in fact too fast for me. Chances are it will be. The good thing is I will not be modifying my regular setup or my backup setup (blades in sig.) so I can always go back to those.

I will still use Mark V on backhand, but most likely will go to 2.0 or 2.5 on BH
Good thing about this EJ "test" is that I should be able to sell the setup for close to what I paid for it as long as it is pristine. Not so for the Dicon or the Mark V blade...Confused

-------------

Posted By: Topspinify
Date Posted: 08/29/2010 at 3:00pm
But to develop the correct technique for Tenergy you have to play with it. You cant learn it from something, someone else. 

Posted By: frogger
Date Posted: 08/30/2010 at 1:58pm
I'm a huge fan of the Donic Epox Power Carbon woth T05. Not as fast as BTY Schlager or Tricarbon but more feel and superb quality. Stiffer than TBS or Maze with better balance of speed vs touch. T05 is a perfect match to the Donic Epox Power Carbon. Just my 2 cents worth of subjective advice.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Date Posted: 08/31/2010 at 12:35am

I am using 655 with tenergy 64 on fh,I am getting to feel the wood a lot ,is it possible for a wooden blades characteristics to change (get stiffer)  if so, would it be as a result of climate or storage ?.

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Posted By: Ayushjain199999
Date Posted: 08/24/2015 at 6:36am
If price is not a bar then you can go for Butterfly jun mizutani super zlc...

I've been using this balde, t05 on fh and t80 on bh...
Feels really awesome... the amount of spin, curve and speed while being accurate is just phenomenal...

-------------
Ayush Jain
Blade- Butterfly Zhang Jike Super Zlc
FH Rubber- Tenergy 05
BH Rubber- Tenergy 05-FX

Posted By: Ray
Date Posted: 08/24/2015 at 12:12pm
He couldn't go with JM SZLC in 2010.

-------------
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
https://fb.me/spinnier" rel="nofollow - fb.me/spinnier

Posted By: CraneStyle
Date Posted: 08/24/2015 at 12:16pm

-------------
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net