Print Page | Close Window

Ten Most Underrated Blades

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38320
Printed Date: 04/29/2024 at 1:08pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ten Most Underrated Blades
Posted By: chris.b40
Subject: Ten Most Underrated Blades
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 4:38pm
What in your opinion are the ten most underrated table tennis blades.

Replies:
Posted By: bowebj
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 4:42pm
BTY TIMO BOLL SPIRIT

-------------
Just have a reason behind your statement and maybe ill have one behind mine =)

Posted By: crimsondiablos
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 4:53pm
Nittaku Septear

Posted By: pinger123
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 4:57pm
Primorac OFF-

Posted By: Vladovich
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by pinger123 pinger123 wrote:

Primorac OFF-

Primorac OFF-?? Everyone on this forum talks about it, every time someone needs advice for a good blade.

-------------
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."

Posted By: cntcasey
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:07pm
Timo boll spirit! 

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit in hibernation!
Andrzej Grubba until i reach 1800
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora
Back up rubbers Bryce and focus 3 snipe

Posted By: bowebj
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:22pm
i was kidding about the tbs... that is probably the most overrated blade. it is good tho

-------------
Just have a reason behind your statement and maybe ill have one behind mine =)

Posted By: Pioneer
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:25pm
All BTY products LOL

-------------
Blade: Timo Boll ZLF ST
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/topic71344_post873640.html#873640" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: pinger123
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

Originally posted by pinger123 pinger123 wrote:

Primorac OFF-

Primorac OFF-?? Everyone on this forum talks about it, every time someone needs advice for a good blade.

Yes but people all ways talk about it as a beginners blade I think high level players can also play with this blade

Posted By: Leatherback
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:44pm
the majority of the darker blades.....

kokutaku and tulpe and palio

everyblade i tried from those three companies are incredible....especially the Tulpe 7007 hinoki

-------------
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Forehand: H3N Prov.41
Backhand: TSP Spectol 1.5

Posted By: smackman
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by bowebj bowebj wrote:

BTY TIMO BOLL SPIRIT
Isnt this a highly rated blade, used by high profile players and widely used around the World . So wouldn't you rate itas highly rated and not underratted?
 opps I just saw your other post lol, Smilemind you someone else said it was underrated

-------------
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website

Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:53pm
I think that Timo Boll spirit is a great blade! Maybe not for a true beginner, but for everyone else! 

-------------
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora

Posted By: Speedplay
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:56pm
Dawei Wavestone, a great offensive blade that would be a lot more popular if it was branded BTY and had a price tag 3 times as high as it is with the Dawei brand on it.

Galaxt T-8, almost as good as the Wavestone.

Yasaka Balsa+, great feeling in this blade, a little to slow for my likings, but still a very good blade.

Don't know of any other underrated blades, but I'm sure there are plenty of them.

-------------
The holy grail

Posted By: LOOPMEISTER
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 6:47pm
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

This is my favorite non-BTY composite blade. Everyone talks about the YEO, but the Ma Lin Carbon flies under the radar and I think its much better. Flexible, lots of feeling, soft limba outers, but it has the backbone when you want to hit a serious shot! And its very affordable.

729 Bomb

I don't like it, but I know 2-3 people who love it. Cheap, fast, and has some interesting (strange) softness from the balsa/cork plies.

Nittaku Fillmea

I hate the handle, but the blade plays fantastic. Its got the "Innerforce" technology with 2 layers of wood above the composite layers. Very good softness and flexibility and I love how the G-Carbon sounds and plays. As popular as some of the other Nittaku blades are, I surprised no one talks about this blade.

Darker blades

The handles are a little bit funny, but I think some of the Darker blades beat out many blades from some of the more well-known companies.

That's all I can think of right now.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:03pm

I have played the Nittaku Fillmea and I must say I agree with you (grossly underrated )

Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:06pm

speedplay pm me with a precis review on the waverstone at your convenience, thanks

Posted By: shakepender
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:28pm
I think the ymlc is a very good blade too.

Loopmeister (or anyone else)... do you know what the Darker 7P2A is like compared to the Nittaku Septear? Thanks.

-------------
Viscaria : Omg IV Pro / Omg IV Euro

Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:35pm
I don't think you can get much better for an intermediate player then Timo Boll Spirit with a slow rubber like Scriver, Mark 5, etc? When you want to move up to a faster blade just change your rubber and keep the blade.  

-------------
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora

Posted By: cougar3219
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:42pm
Joola Sting

-------------
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit (st)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda Big Slam

Blade: Stratus Power Wood (an)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

Posted By: tuco
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Yasaka Balsa+, great feeling in this blade, a little to slow for my likings, but still a very good blade. 

Hi Speedplay, can you please comment on the hardness/stiffness of the Yasaka Balsa+?

-------------
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

speedplay pm me with a precis review on the waverstone at your convenience, thanks

I'll even do more then that, I'll give you a link to a review comparing the Wavestone with the T-8.

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5904

In short, it's fast and stiff, but due to soft outer layers, it still provides a good feeling and is pretty easy to handle in the short game.

-------------
The holy grail

Posted By: mmerkel
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:48pm
Timo Boll Off-

-------------
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC

Posted By: jpenmaster
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 8:43pm
Timo Boll Spark

-------------
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Posted By: tiehwen
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Timo Boll Spark
Really? Why so?
For me, it would be the 1982 Stiga AR 5 ply wood. It seems that I'm the only person who can't stop "bragging" abt it & NOBODY seems to grasp @ how good it was/still is. I would say it was the benchmark of all 5 ply ALL/ALL+ woods.
A decent condition 1, if still can be found, is imho as good as my main blade.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17089" rel="nofollow - I love & am inspired by Malala Yousufzai's "True & Tough" LIFE STORY

Posted By: jpenmaster
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 9:24pm
TB Spark reminds me of Peter Korbel but a little better in all areas.  

-------------
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip

Posted By: tiehwen
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 9:33pm

really..so, can I "borrow" it in the future? Big smile 

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17089" rel="nofollow - I love & am inspired by Malala Yousufzai's "True & Tough" LIFE STORY

Posted By: icontek
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:02pm
I'd have to agree on the TB Spark. I watched a beginning intermediate player switch from a Viscaria, and it was immediate improvement. His topspins got 3x more consistent, his pushes were safer, his blocks were on table.

If a number of the US1300-1500 TBS using crowd "downgraded" to this blade they would pick up 100 points easy...

-------------
http://bit.ly/vLMhuB" rel="nofollow - - RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42

Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:04pm
Do they even make the Timo Boll Spark anymore?

-------------
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora

Posted By: doraemon
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:09pm
TB Spark is an excellent blade to play, especially for loopers.  However, it is too flexible for smashing.  IT IS DISCONTINUED now, but it is replaced by BTY Bazelart, which has the same construction as TB Spark.

The ST is comfy, but FL is a bit too slim for me.  I did not buy TB Spark at that time, but instead chose Bazelart (because the store did not carry TB Spark anymore).  My friend who uses TB Spark agreed that Bazelart was the same blade (performance wise).

It is soft yet flexible.  I believe most people choose Keyshot Light instead of Bazelart or TB Spark, because Keyshot Light is a bit faster and stiffer.

Even though the store had TB Spark, I would probably still choose Bazelart because it has more masculine look.  TB Spark with orange handle just look too "gay" LOL.

Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:14pm
I just went to the butterfly website and also the the mega spin web site and there is no evidence of a Bazelart blade? Is this only sold in Asia? 

-------------
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora

Posted By: doraemon
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:22pm
I see that it is listed in fareastsports and presports.  It is also listed in spinfactory.de (Germany) and butterflyaustralia.com.  I just googled it.

Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:31pm
So not in North America?

-------------
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora

Posted By: Jolan
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:31pm
BTY Madash, Spinart and Paulownia (all rare and discontinued)
BTY Korbel SK7, Mazunov and Lars Hielscher
Nittaku Redshank, Latika and Ludeack power
Nexy Oscar

Makes 10. Some are not really underrated such as Korbel sk7 or Mazunov but they are not advertised as they should be.
To me, Ksk7, Ludeack power and BTY Lars Hielsher are the best 7 plies blades my hands ever held.
Same to Nexy Oscar, my favorite composite blade. IMHO, much better than Viscaria, TBS and all overprized BTY products.

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9" rel="nofollow - https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9

Posted By: Phot0n
Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 11:12pm
Palio blades... and Galaxy blades were until recently now that they are considered respectable alternatives.

-------------

Palio TC6 | Globe 999T FH & BH
Palio TCT | Hadou FH, HK1997 BH
Galaxy T-4 | 729 Focus-II FH & BH

Date Posted: 11/28/2010 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Phot0n Phot0n wrote:

Palio blades... and Galaxy blades were until recently now that they are considered respectable alternatives.

The two palio blades I bought back in 2007 had wildly varying ply thicknesses (asymmetrical by accident)... And I never bought one again.

I take it their blade QC has improved?

-------------

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:54am
Y-4 of Galaxy is the most underrated blade. It is rated ALL while in reality it is OFF+

The semantic field of underrate is vast. Too many connotations...

Posted By: bumpernets19
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 2:02am
2 blades from Hunter that I've played. The hunter Flame and Inferno were both imo maybe not the best blades for me at the time, but overall good blades that are very underrated and not many people have ever even played with a blade from hunter. Very solid blades both of balsa wood center ply.

-------------
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH

Posted By: walleyeguy7
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 2:11am
YINHE/GALAXY BLADES!

Posted By: garwor
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 3:46am
I've used Qiu Zhong Hui HK648 (if I remember number correctly) for some two months, chinese carbon blade on slower off class, it's good blade, medium flex, medium to hard feel, lightweight, not head hevy at all, so you can attach any rubber you want...I'd keep it but it had thin fl handle which not suits me. Not beautyful look at all, but it was better than my current Donic Waldner carbon senso. At least it had same shot sound over whole surface which is not case with wsc.

-------------
http://stonitenis.rs/equipmentreviews" rel="nofollow - Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!

Posted By: lauge
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 4:18am
Donic Li Ping KiTex  -  very high quality blade with fine grained hinoki outer ply, plays similar to Timo Boll ALC at half the price.

Posted By: Dorje
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 4:35am
Joola blades.

Specialy Joola Fever - it's TBS and M.Maze clone and has Limba outer plies on the Meliorate (Arylate) Carbon, under that is Ayous and has Kiri core. Fever is cheaper and they say that it plays very similar to those two. 

Joola Rossi Emotion - it's construction is similar to Innerforce blades with two wood plies over Carbon ply. It has Hinoki-Koto-Carbon-Ayous-Carbon-Koto-Hinoki. It's light too, I have one in 84 gr.

Joola Viva. 7-ply wood, think of a bit softer Clipper.

I think that Joola Wing Fast is also underrated as it's nice quite fast 5-ply wood with Hinoki outer and Kiri core.

Also I like anatomic handles and Joola has all their blade available in An, unlike many Japanese and all Chinese manufacturers of blades.    

Posted By: friendship
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 4:53am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

729 Bomb

I don't like it, but I know 2-3 people who love it. Cheap, fast, and has some interesting (strange) softness from the balsa/cork plies.

Bomb is just great to me, but caveat goes to rubbers with which it is used, as it is not good match for some rubbers (especially bouncy ones). combination of rubber and blade can be either great or bad. incredible spinning ability at speed, great control at speed shots

Posted By: hungga
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 5:00am
Thread like this makes you want to go out there hunting again. 

-------------
:: EJ level 1 ::

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 5:34am
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

. Yasaka Balsa+, great feeling in this blade, a little to slow for my likings, but still a very good blade. 

Hi Speedplay, can you please comment on the hardness/stiffness of the Yasaka Balsa+?

Sorry, missed this before as we posted at the same time. The Yasaka Balsa+ is a soft and flexible blade, probably the only flexible blade I've been able to get a long with. I used it with pips and it was marvelous for chopping, but it was also a thing of beauty for looping. How ever, given the distance I played at, it was a little to slow to be lethal for me, but if you play up close to the table, I'm sure it's fast enough. Can't think of a balde to compare it with, neither can I think of another blade that had the same excellent feeling to it.

-------------
The holy grail

Posted By: AMonteiro
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 7:34am
-Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon
-Person Power Carbon
-Yasaka Dynamix 17

For me, all better than most of BTY carbon/composite blades.

-------------
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR

Posted By: Jolan
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Dorje Dorje wrote:

Joola blades.

Specialy Joola Fever - it's TBS and M.Maze clone and has Limba outer plies on the Meliorate (Arylate) Carbon, under that is Ayous and has Kiri core. Fever is cheaper and they say that it plays very similar to those two. 

Joola Rossi Emotion - it's construction is similar to Innerforce blades with two wood plies over Carbon ply. It has Hinoki-Koto-Carbon-Ayous-Carbon-Koto-Hinoki. It's light too, I have one in 84 gr.

Joola Viva. 7-ply wood, think of a bit softer Clipper.

I think that Joola Wing Fast is also underrated as it's nice quite fast 5-ply wood with Hinoki outer and Kiri core.

Also I like anatomic handles and Joola has all their blade available in An, unlike many Japanese and all Chinese manufacturers of blades.    

Very true. I have a Fever and a Wing fast and they are top quality. But still a bit expensive.

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9" rel="nofollow - https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 7:59am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

-Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon
-Person Power Carbon
-Yasaka Dynamix 17

I am interested in your findings :  ( Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon ) and why you think it is special as I am experimenting with a few AVX blades myself and honestly these have been around a long time  I am testing P777 and it is a superior blade in many ways to most BTY blades ,it is a spring blade which takes getting used to ,will review at a later date.

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 8:05am
One other thing, if possible can we have a brief review of some of these underrated blades,at least say what is special about your choice (s). I am learning quite a bit here ,mostly that BTY blades are good but there are better blades in the shadows.

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 8:23am
I second the BTY Mazunov, and TB Spark.  Also add the DHS Hurricane Hao.

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Deepanshu Deepanshu wrote:

Is fast, spiny and with a lot of control. I would like to know more about this brand:
-Is a real brand or just a name of an other brand?
-They have a web page?
-Do you know this brand?
-How so cheap blade and rubber can be so good?.......

Which blade are you referring to ?

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 10:56am

Originally posted by Deepanshu Deepanshu wrote:

Is fast, spiny and with a lot of control. I would like to know more about this brand:
-Is a real brand or just a name of an other brand?
-They have a web page?
-Do you know this brand?
-How so cheap blade and rubber can be so good?.......

Which blade are you referring to ?

I think he got all of his 3 posts mixed up.  I think this is supposed to be for the other thread.

Posted By: Bennybenny
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 11:01am
Avalox P700 and P500 blades

-------------
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood FL
Friendship 729 Higher Transcend 2.2 Black
Gambler Outlaw 2.15 Red

Posted By: AMonteiro
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 11:51am

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

-Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon
-Person Power Carbon
-Yasaka Dynamix 17

I am interested in your findings :  ( Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon ) and why you think it is special as I am experimenting with a few AVX blades myself and honestly these have been around a long time  I am testing P777 and it is a superior blade in many ways to most BTY blades ,it is a spring blade which takes getting used to ,will review at a later date.

I like MWC because it has a soft outer ply combined with a medium-stiff lamina. It gives me a soft all wood touch with enough power to play a mid distance power game but also provides a reasonable control for its power. I like it better than TBS because it offers about the same power and speed with lower weight and better feel. Mine is 86g. For those who have big hands, I don't recomend MWC FL handle because It's quite slim compared to other Avalox baldes.

-------------
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR

Posted By: jt99sf
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 11:59am

729 L3 = TB Spark
729 V6 = TBS/Maze

Both are really good value + performance blades.

-------------
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:00pm
OOh,,, I see now,thank you.

Posted By: MindTrip
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:05pm
I agree with the Nittaku Septear and Dynamix 17 blades being under rated. Both are excellent blades which I played for a long time. 

-------------
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:08pm
I am making a note of the blades that keep reappearing in this thread often for further elaboration

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

729 L3 = TB Spark
729 V6 = TBS/Maze

729 L3 is a rated a natural born RPG with OFF++ rating while TB Spark is slower than my Korbel at OFF-. Are you talking about the blade construction or they, L3 and Spark, are just a slower bunch than mine.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

729 L3 = TB Spark
729 V6 = TBS/Maze

729 L3 is a rated a natural born RPG with OFF++ rating while TB Spark is slower than my Korbel at OFF-. Are talking about the blade construction or they, L3 and Spark, are just a slower bunch than mine.

I'm not sure what RPG is. I played with all of the above blades and those are my findings.

-------------

Posted By: ejmaster
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by lauge lauge wrote:

Donic Li Ping KiTex  -  very high quality blade with fine grained hinoki outer ply, plays similar to Timo Boll ALC at half the price.

imo Li ping kitex is not similar to TB ALC. but in li ping blade there is less chance the performance is different from one to another same blade, than TB ALC. 

-------------
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:13pm
Nice to hear your imput EJ

Posted By: ejmaster
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:16pm

Nice to hear your imput EJ
Thank you. As i have seen chris you got in the ejclub lately. Cool

-------------
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:19pm
I am testing HH656 as well as Avx 777 with an Xiom V1 quad in transit,

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:21pm

729 L3 = TB Spark
729 V6 = TBS/Maze

729 L3 is a rated a natural born RPG with OFF++ rating while TB Spark is slower than my Korbel at OFF-. Are talking about the blade construction or they, L3 and Spark, are just a slower bunch than mine.

I'm not sure what RPG is. I played with all of the above blades and those are my findings.

The 729 - L3 I got from Eacheng is quite slow, not OFF++ rating for sure, maybe the same with the TB Spark (~ALL+).  I did not compare them side by side to be sure, but if I remember correctly, the TB is harder, and block better then the L3.

Posted By: flash
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:23pm
I think kokutaku blades are the most underrated blades...such as stay sher, cremrtop, laser carbon, crinseller, etc. Also I think Bty Petr Korbel it's a verry good blade (minus head shape - too large and the handle - too slim)...

-------------
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:23pm

RPG is an acronym for Rocket Propelled Grenade, an anti-tank weapon. It's that fast LOL

So you're saying a TB Spark is a fast blade or L3 is actually slower than advertised? 

-------------

Posted By: zzz
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:26pm
I find that the Cornilleau Hinotec series is underrated. Ok, the Carbon Off+ is probably too fast for me. But I heard from people who like it very much. 

-------------
Virtuoso+ :: Mark V :: Mark V

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:44pm

RPG is an acronym for Rocket Propelled Grenade, an anti-tank weapon. It's that fast LOL

So you're saying a TB Spark is a fast blade or L3 is actually slower than advertised? 

They are both slow about ALL+, with L3 a little softer.

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Agreed. Both the 729 L3 and the TB Spark had great control.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Thank you mhnh007 and jt99sf too. I know sometimes manufacturers' ratings are off the scale towards exaggeration but it'll would be a disaster for me if they're true. I'm tired of any fast blade for the moment. ALL+ sounds nice. 

What about L3 head size?

-------------

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 2:05pm

What about L3 head size?

I'd say the 729 L3 has a normal size head like the TBS. Its cheap enough to try, same goes for the V6.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 2:08pm

What about L3 head size?

I'd say the 729 L3 has a normal size head like the TBS. Its cheap enough to try, same goes for the V6.  I forgot about the ZLF, they are in the same class of speed and control.

729 L3, TB Spark, TB/IF ZLF (ST is a little faster).

-------------

Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 2:24pm
Well, I'm all sold Big smile Eacheng got the blade but his Thor's is a bit too expensive compared to ttnpp.

-------------

Posted By: bull_harrier
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 2:32pm
Timo Boll Forte, one of the most comfortable handles I have ever held 

-------------
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

http://www.youtube.com/user/bullharrier - My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube

Posted By: BeaverMD
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 2:43pm
I felt that Galaxy 896 is underrated as far as beginner/intermediate blade.  I recommend it with LKT Torrent and Gambler Outlaw.  Enjoy.

Posted By: lauge
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Originally posted by lauge lauge wrote:

imo Li ping kitex is not similar to TB ALC. but in li ping blade there is less chance the performance is different from one to another same blade, than TB ALC. 

Well, similar is relative Smile Of the composite blades I have tried Li Ping KiTex is closest to the TB ALC, but have also tried a TBS that had a small difference in feeling though supposed to be very similar to TB ALC - all with T05 both sides.

Posted By: mon22
Date Posted: 11/29/2010 at 3:27pm
korbel sk7

-------------
I am a total Newb. Come at me!

Posted By: chronos
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 2:39am
Galaxy W-1

Posted By: vvu.tee
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 4:25am

I support 3 underrated candidates already mentioned above:
- 3 thumbs up for Joola Sting - still don't understand fully why Joola stopped making their best 7-ply all-wood blade, it used to be very popular among pro and non-pro player in Europe; (I still have one AN fully equipped with rubbers for all-times sake).
- 2 thumbs up for Galaxy W-6 /this should be mentioned along the acoustic and HK as a pure joy to play with; some refer to it as 'poor man's YE, but it does not do justice to the quality and versatility of the blade.
- 1 thumb up for Galaxy W-1 (don't know why all hype goes to K-4 and now to V-14 for being TBS clones.  W-1 is actually better in some departments. There is no other carbon blade that feels more like wood than the "wood king".

-------------
(1) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - BTY T05
(2) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - DHS H3 Neo Provincial

Posted By: JKC
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 4:26am
T-4

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34kRbLNCcpk" rel="nofollow - Fred 49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGShBxEKnDk%20rel=" rel="nofollow - I once could serve

Posted By: 5370H55V
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 4:55am
Palio blades. Galaxy blades are getting rave reviews, but the market for palio's blades outside of China seems nonexistent. Which is strange considering the ones I saw there in 2009 were similar in price/quality to galaxy

Posted By: klm
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 10:02am
Second Galaxy W-1.  I've screwed around with a bunch of blades and ended up back where I started with the W-1.  It is the one blade I've had where virtually everyone who has picked it up has commented on the feel of the handle.  The blade itself is plenty quick with good feel.   Good weight, too -- 86-87gr on the ones that I have.  

Posted By: tsanyc
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 11:43am
BTY Korbel

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27730&title=feedback-tsanyc - My Feedback

Posted By: happy
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 12:30pm
joo se hyuk  blade played with one, it is fantastic

Posted By: tsanyc
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by happy happy wrote:

does it chop good?

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27730&title=feedback-tsanyc - My Feedback

Posted By: happy
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

Originally posted by happy happy wrote:

does it chop good?

It's loop-drives are sick as hell  Evil Smile

Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 4:45pm
Korbel and TBS are underrated?

-------------

Posted By: Phot0n
Date Posted: 11/30/2010 at 11:16pm
icontek: Palio has definitely improved their quality, but I don't think it's at Galaxy levels yet. There are still variations that I've seen that might make a few outside-China customers get a lil' irked. 

-------------

Palio TC6 | Globe 999T FH & BH
Palio TCT | Hadou FH, HK1997 BH
Galaxy T-4 | 729 Focus-II FH & BH

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

Galaxy W-1

My man!!! W-1 is awesome blade. People out there who pay 200 for Btfy Jun Mizutani are wasting $140 of their hard earned money. W-1 is at least as good and plays extremely similar to JM. I liked it better than JM, actually, because it has a tad more control, imho, and loops better.

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 12:53pm

Dawei Wavestone, a great offensive blade that would be a lot more popular if it was branded BTY and had a price tag 3 times as high as it is with the Dawei brand on it.

Galaxt T-8, almost as good as the Wavestone.

Don't know of any other underrated blades, but I'm sure there are plenty of them.

Agree with you on the first two. Wavestone is a bit too hard for me though and I really do not like hollow handles. T-8 is a terrific OFF+ blade with noticeably more control than T-4 and only a touch less speed.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 1:03pm
I also think that Donic Dotec blades are ignored due to their relatively obscurity. If more people realized just how comfortable their handles are, how good the feeling and the balance is, and how awesome the right Dotec blade does loops - Donic would be raking it in...

-------------

Posted By: Metallis
Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 2:20pm
Timo Boll tricarbon

Posted By: unagidon
Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 3:47pm
kong linghui special
even though this blade is discounted and/or replaced by other new blades from butterfly but it is a well used and well known composite blade. it has good structure to provide both speed and control. the handle is comfortable and the weight is acceptable.

-------------
kong linghui special: bluefire jp01 / rakza x

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37939&title=feedback-unagidon" rel="nofollow - my feedback

Posted By: FireHorse
Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 3:47pm
How about Andro blades?  I'm asking because I'm interested in buying one of the Andro Temper Tech Series blades.

-------------
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip

Posted By: blackhole
Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 10:28pm
Galaxy blade! Mine is E-3. I keep coming back to it because so far it has brought me the best performance in my local A-2 league. Won 5 of 9 matches. This might not seem that spectacular. But consider this. I used 2 other blades in the same league around the same period. Won 0 of 9. The two blades are Yasaka Soft Carbon and Nittaku Ludeack.

-------------
A monkey king waiting to capture tigers

Double happiness H301 (Penhold RPB style)

FH:Baracuda 2.0

BH:Baracuda 2.0

Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I also think that Donic Dotec blades are ignored due to their relatively obscurity. If more people realized just how comfortable their handles are, how good the feeling and the balance is, and how awesome the right Dotec blade does loops - Donic would be raking it in...

Interesting observation. The DOTEC handles are amazing. I used the Waldern AR as my main for over a year and only ditched it because a gentleman who I paid to coach me insisted that I switch to a "normal handle".

The neck design does tend to create some stiffness that's good for smashing. But I found the relative stiffness demanded certain rubbers (usually softer sponge, tensor designs) - but the blade face turns forehands into loops automatically, almost. And I suppose if you are used to a hinoki outer ply, several of their offerings would be quite good.

The most impressive thing about the DOTEC series is the control through the speed range; a Persson Carbon is noticeable faster than the Waldner or Applegren AR DOTECS, but much of the control is there.

Originally posted by Metallis Metallis wrote:

Timo Boll tricarbon

This is humor right?The TBTC is a blade you give to a player 300 points higher than you so that you can get a win against them just watching all their attacks go long.

-------------

Posted By: nicefrog
Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 11:36pm
The 2000 series Galaxy blades are worth a look if anyone hasn't noticed them

-------------

Posted By: theman
Date Posted: 12/01/2010 at 11:57pm
im gonna say christophe legout and dhs dipper blade [you tt forumers know me well ]

-------------
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Posted By: cls2222
Date Posted: 12/02/2010 at 12:19am
Well the T-8 is one of Galaxy's most popular blades, but it is certainly underrated in terms of the price to performance ratio, compared to other Arylate Carbon blades, such as TBS, ALC, and other Butterfly blades. It is a little faster than the TBS, has less vibration, and is not very stiff.

-------------
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

Posted By: rawrtje
Date Posted: 12/02/2010 at 12:35am
American Hinoki blades Smile

Also a shout-out to the 729 Bomb - often passed off as a beginner's blade, but vicious in its own right. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net