Print Page | Close Window

Stiga Intensity NCT & Intensity Carbon Review

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47446
Printed Date: 04/25/2024 at 2:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Stiga Intensity NCT & Intensity Carbon Review
Posted By: yogi_bear
Subject: Stiga Intensity NCT & Intensity Carbon Review
Date Posted: 02/02/2012 at 7:00am
Got these 2 blades from Stiga and it seems that very few people have tried these blades so Stiga sent me to make a review upon my request. 

Intensity NCT

Blade head Size: 149x157mm
Weight: 85 gms
Plies: 5 (walnut? - spruce? - ayous - spruce? - walnut?)
Thickness: 5.5mm
Speed: Off (its between off and off+)
Test Rubbers: Stiga Magna TS II 2.0mm red & black, Dawei 388A Sprungfeder G3

This blade has a good quality finish though the rough handle and neck needed sanding a lil bit but not a problem really. I had to add varnish on the naked parts especially on the handle because i wanted to preserve the blades beauty especially the handle. the white stripes are better to look at against the brown contrast when sealed also. Somebody told me that the outer ply is walnut and  the center ply is ayous.

The blade has a very nice and loud sound. its thin but its fast due to the NCT coating. Doing fh to fh and bh to bh drive drills with this baby is suprising because it very fast. I would say its faster than the rosewood 5 and slower than the ebenholz 7. a lady friend of mine who is a national player and uses rosewood 5 with T05fx says that the intensity nct is very fast with the 2.0mm magna ts. she hits the ball through the sponge when driving the ball. i would say the intensity nct produces solid shots. Control is the same level as the maplewood 5.. faster than maplewood 5 but has the same level of vibration which is very less compared to the ebenholz and rosewood blades. Despite the speed its still a looping blade offering very good control for the shots. despite the stiffness it has some flex which is good for looping. I would say the dwell time for this average. For me average dwell time is good. by my standards Stiga Offensive classic blades have above average dwell time but are slower than the I-NCT. Looping was fairly easy the blade didn't feel head heavy even when i changed my forehand to a dawei chinese rubber. Overall this is a balanced blade with minimal vibration. Among the stiga 5 ply all wood blades i think this is the most under rated. 

Intensity Carbon

Blade head size: 149x157mm
Weight: 88 gms
Plies: 7 walnut? - spruce? -carbon -ayous - carbon - spruce? - walnut?
Thickness: 5mm
Speed: Off+
Test Rubbers: Stiga Magna TS II 2.0mm red & black, Dawei 388A Sprungfeder G3
Sweet Spot: Large

its the same construction with the I-NCT but is reinforced with 2 carbon layers. I just need somebody to tell me if this is limba top ply and ayous center core because stiga wouldnt tell me the layers. 

On a ball bounce test with no rubbers on seems to be promising. It has a loud tonk sound and has a large sweetspot about 1 1/2 inch from the lateral parts of the blade. The blade was very fast on my first few tries with the stiga magna ts 2.0 on both sides and still fast with the G3 sprungfeder. If combined with the medium or soft rubber this blade is a loud whacking sound. It has a louder sound than the tube aluminum, T-11 or Black Devil. I would rate this blade as faster than the primorac blade but slower than a sardius or schlager carbon. It still can loop well both on the fh and bh with fast rubbers or chinese rubbers. On mid distance and long distance attacks and counters, this blade shines more. The control is good despite the very fast speed. On a short game the drop shots and flicks are above average controllable and good not much of a problem on these strokes. So far I think this is the lightest and thinnest stiga carbo blade i have ever tried. It has a combined feel of a stiga titanium or titanium 5.4 blade but with less vibration and beter balance.

Overall these 2 blades are worth the try, despite their hefty prices they are worth it. I would recommend the Intensity NCT for players who want a faster but thinner looping blade that offers speed and control. Soft to medium hardness rubbers are ideal for the I-NCT's stiffness and for those who love the loud whacking sound of their set ups i would suggest they choose a soft rubber. 
I want to recommend the I-carbon for advanced players who wanted a lighter carbon blades that offers more solidity on their shots compared to using light balsa carbon blades. To players who want to dominate in their attacks mid and far distance from the table this is the blade for you guys.
I reckon these blades are under rated because as what many people say, "many people don't want to try the new blades from stiga unless somebody has tried and reviewed them. guess what. you will not be disappointed with these 2 blades. 

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Replies:
Posted By: seguso
Date Posted: 02/02/2012 at 7:33am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Got these 2 blades from Stiga and it seems that very few people have tried these blades so Stiga sent me to make a review upon my request. 

Intensity NCT

Blade head Size: 149x155mm
Weight: 85 gms
Plies: 5
Thickness: 5.1mm
Speed: Off???

whoa, thinner than offensive cr (which is 5.4mm)! looking forward to your reviews.

-------------
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - https://youtu.be/dBMqj0CN7XU" rel="nofollow - 2015 video

Date Posted: 02/02/2012 at 7:47am
the sealing on the blade surface of the intensity NCt makes it a stiffer blade than the OC-Cr

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 02/02/2012 at 8:27am
Stiga Intensity Carbon
157x149, 6.0 mm, 91 g

Date Posted: 02/03/2012 at 4:03am
So far Intensity Carbon looks to me as a quality upgrade to YEO - both in speed and feeling.

Date Posted: 02/03/2012 at 5:28am
Imago, i tried checking my intensity carbon's thickness and its only 5mm! the intensity nct was 5.1mm which is a bit strange. i have checked the thickness with 3 measuring tools and its really 5mm.. the blade is 149x155 though

-------------

Date Posted: 02/04/2012 at 8:14am
update with pics and reviews

-------------

Posted By: vvk1
Date Posted: 02/04/2012 at 9:48am
sorry, yogi_bear, but if anyone shells out 80-90 euros for a blade (which is what these blades typically retail for in Europe), they have the right to expect a very nice finish and quality in return, and having to sand the handle and neck of such an expensive blade is just ridiculous.

Date Posted: 02/04/2012 at 11:09am

Actually 120 euro. I still wonder how the above blades are 5 mm thick if one of them is at least 150% thicker than the rubber attached on it.

Posted By: kickass
Date Posted: 02/04/2012 at 1:30pm
how does both compare to a YEO? Is the outerply walnut on these blades too?

Posted By: vvk1
Date Posted: 02/04/2012 at 1:55pm
Imago, you're right - I forgot to take into account VAT and postage. 

Posted By: ejmaster
Date Posted: 02/04/2012 at 6:20pm
i don't know what kind of intensity carbon yogi gets (do not surprise me in stiga). mine is 5,7-5,8 mm.
more close to Imago's one.
in 5 mm the test blade can be quite different.

imo it is not neither an off+ blade nor an upgrade of the yeo. more like a titanium 5.4 with a little better feeling and solidness. it is fast (more or less as a 90 gr. rw5) but not powerful. good woody feeling but i miss some more power.

i have another tip to this blade. reseal it with polyuretane. the blade imo feels too soft and has too long throw without being powerful. this resealing improves everything. crisper, not so long throw and not so soft.

for sure it is good some fine sanding about the handle and the blade face border. easy to do.

-------------
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.

Date Posted: 02/04/2012 at 7:24pm
havent tried the YEO.. the outer ply looks like a colored limba IMO

ejmaster, what rubbers were you using with the intensity carbon?  also ive remeasured the blade a few times with different devices and its still 5.0mm. it was really fast considering the throw was a bit long and fast. i did seal the other parts of the blades and it was good enough for me at least reducing the roughness, what's your opinion on sanding the handle? im afraid to try it coz it might change the look of the handle and its beauty

i have told stiga about this concern on the roughness of their blades but they leave it as it is. a distributor told me that stiga will not sand their blades' necks and handle because they expect people to do it on their own.

-------------

Posted By: frogger
Date Posted: 02/04/2012 at 8:28pm
Hey Yogi, every now and then someone writes a beautiful post and I have to say yours is one of the best ever! The design element of the Intensity blades look like a serious blade for advanced and pro players. Great job Stiga!.....but you really should sand those blades a little bit. :)

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: ianworz
Date Posted: 02/04/2012 at 9:09pm
Outer plies are definitely walnut, medial plies appear to be spruce, and the core is definitely ayous.

-------------
http://worzbeatsticks.blogspot.com - Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol

Date Posted: 02/05/2012 at 2:24am

Titanium 5.4 is a fantastic blade. Probably the YB's IC feels like it with its 5 mm thickness. I would gladly trade my IC Legend for a 5 mm IC Pen. Smile

Date Posted: 02/05/2012 at 3:49am
frogger thanks, yes im sanding the neck tonight because it causes blisters to my hands. the blade is really good. i kept the I-NCT because i like all wood blades and i only keep carbon blades as part of my collection. 
ianworz, if its walnut then i guess its the one giving the speed and stiffness plus the nct coating.. at first glance you could mistake it for a colored limba though.
imago, if i had the cpen version id gladly sell it to you for half the price

-------------

Posted By: ejmaster
Date Posted: 02/05/2012 at 2:44pm

havent tried the YEO.. the outer ply looks like a colored limba IMO

ejmaster, what rubbers were you using with the intensity carbon?  also ive remeasured the blade a few times with different devices and its still 5.0mm. it was really fast considering the throw was a bit long and fast. i did seal the other parts of the blades and it was good enough for me at least reducing the roughness, what's your opinion on sanding the handle? im afraid to try it coz it might change the look of the handle and its beauty

i have told stiga about this concern on the roughness of their blades but they leave it as it is. a distributor told me that stiga will not sand their blades' necks and handle because they expect people to do it on their own.

no problem at all about fine sanding the handle to have it smooth without roughness.
it keeps the beauty and touch is lot better. the result is very good.

about rubbers i tried tenergy but at the end i like new era 2.0 mm (hard 47º chinese) or gpse better in fh.

-------------
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 04/10/2012 at 1:56am

the sealing on the blade surface of the intensity NCt makes it a stiffer blade than the OC-Cr

do you think that these  blades could be good for short pips cpen or RPB?

Date Posted: 04/10/2012 at 6:43am
bbkon, i tried using an 802-40 in the backhand with both blades but the carbon version is too fast if paired with an SP. the nct version was good in using the 802-40 though. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:07am
can someone confirm the 5.1 mm thickness? it seems like a very unusual value. I have never seen offensive blades thinner than 5.4 mm (my stiga offensive cr).

-------------

Date Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:27am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

can someone confirm the 5.1 mm thickness? it seems like a very unusual value. I have never seen offensive blades thinner than 5.4 mm (my stiga offensive cr).

it would be the holy grail!!

Posted By: bibigon
Date Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:44am
Paddlpalace catalog lists Intensity NCT as 5.9 mm thick. 

-------------
Viscaria light; BH: Baracuda 2.0; FH: H3NP 38° black

Posted By: Thomasson
Date Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:57am
I played with the Stiga Intensity NCT briefly and thought it had alot of characteristics like the Acoustic, just all a little less good.

-------------
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7

Date Posted: 05/01/2012 at 7:36am
seguso, me having a 5.1mm intensity NCT doesnt generally say that all other blades like it are also 5.1mm thick

-------------

Date Posted: 05/01/2012 at 7:39am
too bad i dont have the blade anymore coz i gave it to a friend i could have measured it again for you and took a photo of it

-------------

Date Posted: 05/01/2012 at 7:51am

seguso, me having a 5.1mm intensity NCT doesnt generally say that all other blades like it are also 5.1mm thick

that would be too easy :)

thanks anyway.

-------------

Posted By: W0LovePP
Date Posted: 05/25/2013 at 12:01pm
Amazingly thin blades. It may be quick close to the table, but may lack power away from the table.

The Intensity allwood blade may be great for Xu Xin. But for non-pro, it may be tiring to play with it.

-------------
Yasaka Galaxya

Butterfly Amultart SI

Posted By: stanton65
Date Posted: 05/27/2013 at 12:03pm
I bought an Intensity NCT  from TT11 at about US$70 down from US$105and currently use it with Xiom Vega Europe(FH) and Xiom Omega 4 Ellite (BH). I will change the VE for the Vega Japan (MAX) on FH and with this blade's great control, it should play well.

-------------
Donic WSC JO Blade
Xiom O4Europe(BH)
Butterfly T64(FH)

Posted By: jomtack
Date Posted: 05/20/2014 at 8:12pm
hi ,im new member i finding out infomation about hard & stiff&powerful wood blade(im use chinese rubber for forehand) blade and interest walnut blade but from many people said make me confuse 
some people say intensity carbon is soft blade and not power full .can u confirm these question?
1. is it soft medium or hard if compare any my previous blade
2 is it more speed or less than any my previous blade
ps.my previous blade :yasaka spelancer ,schlager carbon,stiga tube carbo,stiga tube aluminium ,xiom v1 quad, stiga carbo7.6,avx p700
thank u so much

Date Posted: 05/20/2014 at 8:21pm
it is hard because of the walnut outerplies. the intensity carbon is fast but your schlager carbon and possibly the v1 quad carbon is faster. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05/20/2014 at 8:42pm
or maybe can u suggest me for other blade too
in my list now:
rutis power
yasaka dynamix17 (walnut surface version)
yasaka  yeo7 power
stiga rosewood7

Date Posted: 05/21/2014 at 12:53am
try the regular YEO or the rosewood 5, the 7 is kinda heavy

-------------

Date Posted: 05/21/2014 at 2:40am
so thank yoki

Date Posted: 05/21/2014 at 2:43am
but if i can find rosewood7 i wonder it as hard as more or less than my walnut blade list

Date Posted: 05/21/2014 at 6:50am
rosewood 7 is harder than yeo. its because of the wood and also the thick nct/laquer coating on the blade surface

-------------

Posted By: gromousse
Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 9:51am
What about these blades ? Who plays with stiga Intensity carbon ? Can anyone compare it with another carbon blade from other brand, or another famous blade like Clipper ?

-------------
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx

Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 9:57am
actually even if there was a blade with the same construction as the intensity carbon they would have a different feel because the intensity carbon is kinda thin.

-------------

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:38am
I love my Intensity NCT.  I have not tried the carbon one yet, but I don't think I will need more power from carbon, if it means I will loose some of the feel with the all wood.
Yogi - what would you prefer between the two?

Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 12:00pm
Does it vibrate because of it's so thin ? How is the power of the carbon intensity blade, comparing with another carbon blade ? Is it easy to play close the table or better far from the table ? There are not many returns about this blade... is it bad or does it suffer from lack of publicity ?

-------------

Posted By: Matt Pimple
Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

Does it vibrate because of it's so thin ? How is the power of the carbon intensity blade, comparing with another carbon blade ? Is it easy to play close the table or better far from the table ? There are not many returns about this blade... is it bad or does it suffer from lack of publicity ?
I played with the Intensity Carbon for a year or so before switching back to a slower blade. IMHO it has the best control and feel of all the very fast (Off-Off+) I tested. I actually wrote a test report about it in German:
http://www.pimp-my-blade.de/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=757" rel="nofollow - http://www.pimp-my-blade.de/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=757
It does not vibrate but it has some flex when you really go for it which is why it generates tremendous power on strong shots. It plays quite controlled at the table; I would see it is slower and less bouncy in touch shots than Clipper.

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 12:52pm
Sorry, I don't speak Goethe's language... Isn't that strange you feel it's slower than Clipper whereas Stiga grade it to 124 for speed and only 102 for Clipper ?
And is the blade stiff enough on flat contacts, blocks, smashs ?

-------------

Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 12:59pm

Sorry, I don't speak Goethe's language...
I kind of figured that but maybe you can use google translator to at least understand my basic impressions.

Isn't that strange you feel it's slower than Clipper whereas Stiga grade it to 124 for speed and only 102 for Clipper ?
And is the blade stiff enough on flat contacts, blocks, smashs ?
I do not really care about some numbers in a catalog. My impression was that the Intensity Carbon was slower on touch shots and the short game at the table than Clipper but it was faster when you really hit it hard. With other words, it has 2 more gears, a slower and a faster one.
Yes, it is stiff enough to block and drive the ball which is why it worked pretty well for me with medium pips (Dr. N Diamant)on backhand.

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 1:27pm
Ok, I understand better now. It makes me feel about the Nittaku Barwell Fleet which also have an external walnut ply. It was really slow on little shots, really good for short game, receiving, and absorbing in passive blocks. But when you swing, the ball goes very fast. Unfortunately the Barwell fleet was not really fitting my backhand, I don't really know why. For the forehand it was tremendous. Perhaps my backhand topspin is too "short and quick" for that blade and my contact of the ball not hard enough.
For now I play with the Mizutani SuperZLC which is hugely powerful but also quite stiff. Sometimes I'd like more flexibility. 

I will try to translate with google your returns, although that's sometimes not easy to understand the translation... thank you for the link.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 2:43pm

I will try to translate with google your returns, although that's sometimes not easy to understand the translation... thank you for the link.
If you have any specific questions on the report, please ask. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I love my Intensity NCT.  I have not tried the carbon one yet, but I don't think I will need more power from carbon, if it means I will loose some of the feel with the all wood.
Yogi - what would you prefer between the two?

always been an all-wood guy :D and the intensity nct and emerald remains my 2 favorite stiga blades

-------------

Date Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:09pm

almost all stiga blades have vibration depending on the amount on every blade model. the intensity is a fast carbon blade despite the thinness of the blade. i would say its speed is more or less the level of a primorac carbon

-------------

Posted By: TurboZ
Date Posted: 10/18/2014 at 6:49am
I have 3 Intensity. One NCT Cpen, one Carbon Cpen and one Carbon Conic and they all measured around 5.94mm.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=53150&title=feedback-turboz - My Feedback

Posted By: Vlad0
Date Posted: 10/20/2014 at 7:21am

Comparing Intensity carbon, TB ALC, Innerforce ZLC all 3 – 88gr.

IMO:

Speed: ZLC is fastest , other two is almost the same. Intensity has a little longer trajectory than ALC. I guess because of this NCT coating. Maybe without it I guess they will be same, but I don’t want to experiment for now. If I broke my ALC then I will do it Smile

Arc: ZLC > ALC > Intensity

Control: ALC >= Intensity >> ZLC

I test it with different rubbers, but I think the most I liked it with Genius Sound – EXTREME control with enough power, well combining characteristics.

As mentioned Intensity is for play closer to the table, Intensity carbon – further. Hope I help you.

Posted By: Fehrplay
Date Posted: 10/26/2014 at 6:37pm
I played with Intensity NCT a couple of years ago. A great light blade! Maybe I should give it a second try with the Airoc M. 

Posted By: carmelomaf
Date Posted: 11/06/2014 at 12:34pm
i got today 2 intensity nct 85g master from sweden

very nice 

they have no more strong coat like before but now like emerald

stiga improved a lot the quality of their blades

-------------
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany

Posted By: carmelomaf
Date Posted: 11/06/2014 at 4:30pm
I played with the Blade for one hour

too fast for me, but the quality of the blade is much better than in the past

-------------
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany

Posted By: Machine_Head
Date Posted: 11/06/2014 at 6:38pm
You mean the NCT coating is now thinner? 

Posted By: malin87
Date Posted: 12/03/2014 at 7:46am
I just receive a new custom intensity carbon blade (national team series) and it's 5.8~5.9 thickness...

-------------
Icecream AZX,T05,Spectol21

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 12/03/2014 at 9:04am
I wonder if the new ones, which have little coating, play any difference.  I have the older one, really like it, and planning to get another for back up.

Posted By: Fehrplay
Date Posted: 12/03/2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

I played with the Blade for one hour

too fast for me, but the quality of the blade is much better than in the past

Yeah it's really fast one but I think it's a really great balance between power and control in this blade.

Posted By: Johnny Erasure
Date Posted: 12/03/2014 at 12:36pm
I have a Handmade blade by Levi with the same composition as Stiga Intensity NCT: black walnut-spruce-ayous-spruce-black walnut, 88 g, 156x150 mm, thickness: 5.85 mm.
This composition is excellent and the blade has better quality than even Stiga at a much better price.

http://postimg.org/image/3xr6m6gad/" rel="nofollow"> http://postimg.org/image/7in25ektx/" rel="nofollow"> http://postimg.org/image/9knjjnit1/" rel="nofollow">

-------------
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j

Date Posted: 12/09/2014 at 11:16am
after playing with Intensity Carbon i can say a few things(i was ranked as 500 in the mens world ranking few years ago)
It is a very well designed looping blade.Has long trajectory so suits playing away the table and easy to play near.You can perform very strong and very spinny loops all over.
It has very good control and makes the receiving easy..
In blocking you have to adjust because it's kinda soft thought stiga claims it's stiff..
Using sp on the bh i was hiting the net all the time so this blade doesn't suit for pimplers!

-------------

Posted By: *_strataras_*
Date Posted: 12/09/2014 at 1:24pm
The intensity carbon soft???Not at all.It has no feeling at all.If you mean flexible maybe it has some flex and it is not totally stiff.But you said "soft" and this goes to feeling.

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74157&title=feedback-strataras" rel="nofollow - Feedback

Date Posted: 12/09/2014 at 2:03pm
malin87, I have played with the Intensity Carbon for quite some time and I do not agree that it has a soft feel due to its hard walnut outer plies. It may not be as hard and stiff as some other blades but it's certainly not soft. Do you mean "stiff" when you say "soft"? I do agree that it is not as stiff as some other carbon blades like Schlager or Primorac and it has some flex when you put power into the shot which is why it works great for looping. Maybe you should give it some more practice with your pips as it might just be a matter of adjusting the blade angle a little. It worked great for me with medium pips and also with anti. At the end I switched because it was too fast for me.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/10/2014 at 3:23am
the feeling for me was softer even than TBS! definitely a blade that doesn't suits with pimples.I like to hit hard from backhand.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/10/2014 at 6:42am
I agree with MattPimple.Maybe you mean flexible not soft.They are different characteristics.It is flexible, not so stiff without feeling.For me was the worst blade in feeling I have ever played.I hope the intencity nct (without carbon) is better in all characteristics!As the intencity carbon and the TBS concerns, TBS is a lot of softer!!!

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74157&title=feedback-strataras" rel="nofollow - Feedback

Date Posted: 12/10/2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

I agree with MattPimple.Maybe you mean flexible not soft.They are different characteristics.It is flexible, not so stiff without feeling.For me was the worst blade in feeling I have ever played.I hope the intencity nct (without carbon) is better in all characteristics!As the intencity carbon and the TBS concerns, TBS is a lot of softer!!!

there are some cpen short pips player from korea at top level with TBS

Date Posted: 12/11/2014 at 2:07am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

bbkon, I don't understand why you quoted my post and you answered me about short pips players playing with TBS?!Confused Can you explain?

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Date Posted: 12/11/2014 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

bbkon, I don't understand why you quoted my post and you answered me about short pips players playing with TBS?!Confused Can you explain?

just because short pips player need stiff and fast blade and if they play it with pips is because is a stiff blade.sorry if that bugs you

Posted By: IanMcg
Date Posted: 12/11/2014 at 11:37pm
One of the best short pips cpen players, Gao Jun, uses a Matsushita Pro with Challenger Attack.

You don't need a stiff blade to play with sp.

Date Posted: 12/12/2014 at 3:58am
I agree with IanMcg....and I continue not to understand what bbkon tries to tell me?!

@bbkon What are you trying to tell me man???We have a conversation for intencity carbon and I am trying to explain malin87 that he makes a mistake by using the word "soft" where he should use the word "flexible" and then I continue to explain to malin87 about his mistake that TBS is far too soft in comparison with intencity carbon.What is your point anyway with your posts?

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Date Posted: 12/12/2014 at 9:44am
strataras i know how a blade feels soft and flex and i am telling you i-carbon felt softer than tbs to me!

-------------

Posted By: Stavros
Date Posted: 12/14/2014 at 9:37am
I agree with malin87 , regarding Intensity Carbon. 
After all, malin87 is a very good player , no13 in Greek ranking.
Malin, I think CC7 is too hard for you, Hybrid Wood NCT or Rosewood 7 would be better for you!

-------------
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05

Date Posted: 12/14/2014 at 3:21pm
stavros my friend i just ordered rosewood 7 and Gergely alpha for
a try!i know cc7 cannot produce much spin.

-------------

Posted By: ttping85
Date Posted: 12/15/2014 at 4:17am
I don't know if the feeling of intensity carbon is harder or softer than TBS. I guess it depends a lot on how you hit the ball. What is sure is that the feeling of IC is "woodier".

-------------
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Date Posted: 12/15/2014 at 4:42am
ma lin haven't i advised you of getting an emerald or rosewood?

-------------

Date Posted: 12/15/2014 at 5:18am
Yogi i agree, emerald would be a great choice!

-------------
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Date Posted: 12/15/2014 at 9:03am
yes yogi for a start i am trying blades which i can find without paying them.

-------------

Posted By: Stavros
Date Posted: 12/15/2014 at 11:03am
Originally posted by malin87 malin87 wrote:

stavros my friend i just ordered rosewood 7 and Gergely alpha for
a try!i know cc7 cannot produce much spin.

I'd been playing with Gergely 21(similar to  Gergely alpha) for two years. I think it will be very good with your TSP rubber but on your f/h you may need T05-FX instead of T05.

-------------
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net