Print Page | Close Window

Joola RHYZM review!

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47902
Printed Date: 05/07/2024 at 1:33am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Joola RHYZM review!
Posted By: yogi_bear
Subject: Joola RHYZM review!
Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 8:34am

my long wait was over since i bought a joola rhyzm from a local store. i was curious about this rubber since i heard some good reviews about this. the previous joola explode was a good and balanced rubber but there was some hype about this rubber so i bought a red one.

Joola Rhyzm
Thickness: 2.2mm
Color: red
Hardness: 48 degrees, more like 36 degree in DHS scale
Size: 172x172mm
Weight: 61-63 grams uncut
Blade: Stiga Intensity NCT; Adidas Challenge Speed

The Rhyzm comes with a medium hard topsheet and a medium creamy white porous sponge. The rubber is definitely a tensor despite the lack of a tensor logo. I would say the rubber has a fairly accpetable weight. its definitely lighter than Tenergy 05. 

Driving FH & BH

the rubber is very much alive and lively when doing normal driving drills. I felt the speed the moment i hit with both in my fh and bh. S1 Acuda Turbo speed but controllable like the S2. this rubber is not noisy though unlike its samba + cousin.

Smashing

smashing is very good. sharp, powerful and controllable smashes, those are the words i can describe this rubber. despite the medium hard topsheet you can fairly sink the ball into the sponge.

Serving and pushing

Underspin serves are very spinny and low, so were my sidespin serves. One thing i like about this rubber is the fact i can make fast, sidespin serves with great control.

Short game

I tried doing drop shots with it and it offers excellent control. Also, with flicks both on the fh and bh they were a walk in the park against spinny short underspin balls. This rubber excels in the short game definitely.

Looping

This is both a looping and loop driving rubber. Despite the medium hard topsheet, the ball sinks into the medium sponge beautifully to produce strong spins. It had a medium to high throw. It had a nice arc but not as high as that of the tenzone or T05. I was loop driving the ball. above the table off the bounce/on the rise and it produced a low sharp spinny ball with a sharp trajectory. So far this rubber is good both on near the table and medium distance away from the table (5 ft). I haven't tried it far from the table yet.

Countering and blocking

I found it better in countering than blocking due to the fact that I was able to control the rubber more during counters than in blocking. I would rate the blocking as above average but excellent on counters.

This rubber felt like an Acuda S1 Turbo but more forgiving and offers more spin. I was tied to the acuda s2 as my bh rubber for 2 years but now i think ill keep the rhyzm as my backhand rubber. it felt very spinny for my bh loops and offered the same control on what I had with the S2 but is a lil bit faster.
The Rhyzm is strongly recommended for players who wants a fast and spinny rubber both on the fh and bh with excellent control, more emphasis on the spin. This rubber is balanced on its capabilities. Its different from the X-plode because it has a softer feel but more or less the same spin with more speed. A 2.0mm version of this would be good enough for intermediate players.

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Replies:
Posted By: AcudaDave
Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 10:34am
how is it at looping against underspin?  That is always the test for me...is the rubber good at looping strong underspin.  If it's not good at that than I'll buy a sheet.  Thanks for the review.

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Posted By: ghostzen
Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 2:47pm
Been playing with this on the forehand in Black 2mm for a while now on a joola fever blade. I've found the spin and pace very good. The major bonus for me is that the short game and service/ returns are much better. I am moving over to it as I've been surprised by the bite the rubber has.  Regarding lifting chop, both spin and pace loops are very good off the sheet.  Either 2mm or max would be great for a lot of standards. Had mine about 2 months now and the topsheet is still pretty much as new

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 3:05pm
I'm struggling to see the difference between all of the tensors on the market these days. They are becoming so similar, or at least the marketing blurb makes it almost impossible to see what the differences are.

-------------
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Posted By: 128YinYang
Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 3:12pm
I second that motion, Andy! LOL

-------------
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.

Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 3:20pm
Agreed about the blurb being the same. The main thing I would say about Rhyzm is it is pretty hard for a tensor and really fast. Feels like the days of heavy glued chinese rubbers which I actaully used to play with.

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

how is it at looping against underspin?  That is always the test for me...is the rubber good at looping strong underspin.  If it's not good at that than I'll buy a sheet.  Thanks for the review.

Do you mean if it is good at that?

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 4:09pm
Thanks Yogi Bear! 

What is the short game like compared to, lets say, Hurricane 3 and Tenergy 05, so I can get a good idea of how good the short game is for a tensor.

Would it be better suited for the backhand than the forehand? 

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 6:15pm
acudadave, as what i have said it is both a looping and loop driving rubber. looping vs underspin balls is easy.

smackdat, H3 would still be better in the short game but rhyzm owns the T05 in the short game because of its control and being forgiving on your shots

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Posted By: sunilid
Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 6:27pm
Is top-sheet grippy ? 
Not sure about others, but I have always found black-sheets grippier than red (yasaka, nittaku, butterfly...).

-------------
Violin (T25/FH, G2FX/BH)

Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 7:13pm
yup its very grippy

-------------

Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 10:30pm
im using it as a backhand rubber now because its veryy spinny and fast. its also controllable for a very fast rubber. bh or fh it would be a good rubber

-------------

Posted By: vic#74
Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 11:28pm
Yogi, how it compares to Phenix and/or Rakza7? Spin speed control hardness ? Phenix has too little dwell and not grippy to the extent I would wish. How is Rhyzm at that ? Thanx for good review (as a usual)!  :)   

-------------
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Date Posted: 02/21/2012 at 11:58pm
vic, rhyzm has a softer feel than phenix but has better spin. speed of rhyzm is faster.. dwell time for rhyzm is average

-------------

Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 2:12am
Thnx, yogi! But still your opinion is that Adidas P5, P7, Tenzone are a higher class rubbers?   

-------------
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:34am
yes definitely a notch higher if you compare adidas p-series and tenzone series

-------------

Posted By: legout_de
Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:37am
Can anyone compare the Rhyzm with Yasaka´s Rakza 7? Maybe vic#74?

Thanks

-------------
http://ligno.de.tt
http://ligno-blades.blogspot.com

Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:58am
ive had only a few hits with the Rakza 7 and its harder than the rhyzm the same with harder feel. the rhyzm is easier to spin with

-------------

Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 12:25pm
Hmm...if Rhyzm is easier than Rakza 7 to spin with it can be an option for my FH...cause Rakza is really good in spin based play (on flexy blade).  But I look to P7 or Tenzone or T05 also and already have Spin Art in my bag. Too many choices for ordinary guy.     

-------------
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 5:58pm
Vic, wait for the P7 this april. im using it now instead of the tenzone cause i dont play 5x a week anymore and concentrate more on coaching so P7 is a viable alternative to both tenzone and T05

-------------

Posted By: Sofaires
Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:34pm
yogi how do you compared the rythzm to the calibra lt spin just speed spin to make it easier for you and dwell time

-------------
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/myttsig.jpg/">

Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:40pm
dwell time is almost equal, rhyzm is faster by 10%? my shots are spinnier using the rhyzm

-------------

Posted By: Sofaires
Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 6:44pm
sounds tempting to try it out

-------------
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/myttsig.jpg/">

Posted By: xander7803
Date Posted: 02/22/2012 at 9:20pm
so here is the most important question? how is rhyzm compared to T05?

Date Posted: 02/23/2012 at 8:26am
rhyzm has a lower angle, about 10% less spin, almost the same speed but has a greater control and much easier and friendly to use

-------------

Posted By: vvu.tee
Date Posted: 02/23/2012 at 9:52am
This one got my attention since I have had a good (love) relationship with Joola products in the past and I've been playing with Rhyzm on FH for few days now (about 4-5 hours total). Got if from Deutschland - so dumb of me to get just one rubber, what was I thinking. Reminds me of a somewhat harder version of the good old Joola Express 1, if I have not forgotten what Express 1 used to play and feel (may have to revisit Express 1 at some point).

PS. 
So far so good. It plays well on MMaze. I get the feeling the focus of this rubber was control against spin, esp. against loops/drives. So easy to block and counterloop with it, and the window of opportunity to counterloop effectively is really large. I can't believe it is also reasonably fast. Drives are good. I'd say excellent for driving and counter looping. 

First impressions: Seems like a winner. Good job Joola dudes!

-------------
(1) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - BTY T05
(2) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - DHS H3 Neo Provincial

Posted By: thunder
Date Posted: 02/23/2012 at 8:52pm
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> What about rhyzm compared to X-plode in speed, spin, control and throw angle?

Date Posted: 02/24/2012 at 9:31am
almost  same but rhyzm is easier to use

-------------

Date Posted: 03/14/2012 at 11:29am
a friend of mine bought 2 sheets of Rhyzm (2.0mm) and put them on a Joola Wing Fast blade last week.  He and I both hit with it for a while and both of us were very impressed.  He usually plays with Baracuda and I play with Acuda S3.  Rhyzm is lighter than Baracuda and is easier to play with.  It blocks and hits very well as the rubber has a nice crisp feel to it.  I looped his strong underspin serves with ease, and even though the sponge is firm, the topsheet is soft so it allows you to really grab the ball (good dwell time).  The short game was also very easy as it has very good control, just as Yogi said.  I've played a little with T05 and I also agree that since it's not quite as springy it's easier to control.
The throw angle is pretty high and had plenty of speed/spin away from the table.  Sometimes when you put a sheet of rubber on and give it that first try you just know when something feels right, and that's the impression I had with this rubber.  It just felt great!  Probably one of the best rubbers I've ever tried.

-------------

Posted By: richrf
Date Posted: 03/14/2012 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I'm struggling to see the difference between all of the tensors on the market these days. They are becoming so similar, or at least the marketing blurb makes it almost impossible to see what the differences are.

They probably are all about the same. Probably a little tuning here and there, but I struggle to find any substantial differences. I think each generation has a bit more spin and speed (the German forum I looked at suggests that maybe 10% better than the Vega Pro), but they probably deteriorate that much faster. It is great for the TT companies since they are selling much more with higher profit margins.

I am hoping that the Tuttle Beijing IV works for me and has some durability. Maybe the H2N works without any boosting? Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Date Posted: 03/15/2012 at 12:44am
they use the same technology though they vary on their specifications like sponge hardness, pips length etc. euro rubbers are equal if nt faster than the tenergy rubbers though the spin needs to be improved more

-------------

Posted By: gatz
Date Posted: 03/15/2012 at 1:09am
yogi can you compare joola rhy2m to Adidas P3 and Adidas p5?>thank you am using p3 on my bh.

-------------
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   

Posted By: Klaus123
Date Posted: 03/15/2012 at 4:14am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

vic, rhyzm has a softer feel than phenix but has better spin. speed of rhyzm is faster.. dwell time for rhyzm is average
softer and faster than Phenix?! uhh … no rubber for me.

Date Posted: 03/15/2012 at 5:31am
gatz, p5 is spinnier than rhyzm, the topsheet of the rhyzm is harder than that of the p5. the p3 is faster than the rhyzm with equal amount of spin

-------------

Date Posted: 03/16/2012 at 12:55pm
I usually stick with rubbers from established companies like Donic, Joola, Yasaka, etc. as newer rubbers like Adidas will probably just be a re-badged Joola or Donic rubber made at the same ESN factory.  Kind of like VW's minivan...test drove one then found out it was a rebadged Dodge minivan...so ended up buying a Honda Odyssey.  I'm sure the Adidas rubber is good, but like I said it's probably just a rebadged Donic or Joola rubber. 

-------------

Posted By: Carryboy
Date Posted: 03/16/2012 at 2:58pm
This rubber really sounds good, but Megaspins price is kind of high. I was looking to get a Rakza 7 but this rubber really sounds tempting.

-------------
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max

Date Posted: 03/17/2012 at 7:41am
im a tester for adidas and stiga, now also for tibhar and joola. adidas rubbers are not relabeled rubbers even if they come from the same factory

-------------

Date Posted: 03/17/2012 at 2:50pm

Now changed from T64 to RHYZM both sides in 2.0mm and have to say after playing with it since it came out i've found that its given me better control on service and return and I really feel I haven't lost hardly any speed in topspin driving strokes. I think Joola have a really good product all in all. It seems to last pretty well without the fragile cracking which can happen from some rubbers. Both red and black rubbers still have a lot of life in them and the grip is still there. I've been hitting the practice pretty hard and am still impressed by the quality.

Posted By: igszoctan
Date Posted: 04/18/2012 at 1:08am
You have written so many cool things about Rhyzm...I have felt myself obliged to order a red one in 2.0 on my BH...if I am not sutisfied you will pay me a refund...Angry

-------------
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour

Date Posted: 04/18/2012 at 3:50am
Blimey! I hope you like it then ........

Date Posted: 04/18/2012 at 7:33am
glad you like the rhyzm ghostzen. have you noticed its better doing powershots than doing slow spinny shots?

-------------

Date Posted: 04/18/2012 at 8:25am
Slower topspins have some real bite while fast topsin drive and counters have a more controlled power feeling. When you really engage the sponge the rubber comes into its own which I find works for my game really well.

Posted By: right2niru
Date Posted: 05/09/2012 at 1:29am

rhyzm has a lower angle, about 10% less spin, almost the same speed but has a greater control and much easier and friendly to use
@yogi_bear: can you truly compare this against Baracuda (used as back hand) , primarily against open brush loops(BH) , grip , chop / push , throw angle , smash and punch block ? I am thinking of using it on my BH (2.0) instead of my baracuda which i have been for a while now. 

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 05/10/2012 at 3:33am
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

Now changed from T64 to RHYZM both sides in 2.0mm and have to say after playing with it since it came out i've found that its given me better control on service and return and I really feel I haven't lost hardly any speed in topspin driving strokes. I think Joola have a really good product all in all. It seems to last pretty well without the fragile cracking which can happen from some rubbers. Both red and black rubbers still have a lot of life in them and the grip is still there. I've been hitting the practice pretty hard and am still impressed by the quality.

My impression is that Rhyzm is at least as fast as T64, or at least very close to it, but it is much harder and I think it felt heavier.  Very grippy top sheet but it throws low compared to T64.  I think a lot of people will like it, but  I gave it up.  For me, there was just a certain lack of feel.  I preferred Adidas P5.  In the end, though, I am back with T05 in spite of its absolutely ridiculous price.  I gave it to a friend of mine who still prefers his Xiom Omega IV. 

Date Posted: 05/10/2012 at 1:58pm

I decided to change and stick with it, been playing with it since it came out..Think it works for me but it's horses for courses.  I've been hitting quite a bit and finding after some changes I am playing better with the joola rubber. One of the reasons I went for the 2mm Rhyzm was that I was trying to cut the weight down a bit . Tenergy will always be a great rubber for me but Rhyzm works just as good and I save myself ££££'s in the long run. TongueTongue More beer money!

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 05/10/2012 at 10:30pm

I decided to change and stick with it, been playing with it since it came out..Think it works for me but it's horses for courses.  I've been hitting quite a bit and finding after some changes I am playing better with the joola rubber. One of the reasons I went for the 2mm Rhyzm was that I was trying to cut the weight down a bit . Tenergy will always be a great rubber for me but Rhyzm works just as good and I save myself ££££'s in the long run. TongueTongue More beer money!

I for one am strongly in favor of beer even if APW46 drank my under the table when I visited him in UK.  Dead  Here in the US, though, Rhyzm is about $15-20 less per sheet than T05.  Not completely insignificant, but not enough of an incentive.

Date Posted: 05/11/2012 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I for one am strongly in favor of beer even if APW46 drank my under the table when I visited him in UK.  Dead  Here in the US, though, Rhyzm is about $15-20 less per sheet than T05.  Not completely insignificant, but not enough of an incentive.

APW46 is at pro level beer drinking level and really not one to go against unless you have a stella/IPA rating of at least 3000! Big smile. As for the Tenergy ...less beer...but if you can afford it and love it then ...the first round is on you!

Date Posted: 05/12/2012 at 8:56am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

@yogi_bear: can you truly compare this against Baracuda (used as back hand) , primarily against open brush loops(BH) , grip , chop / push , throw angle , smash and punch block ? I am thinking of using it on my BH (2.0) instead of my baracuda which i have been for a while now. 

sorry for the late reply. i was out of town for a week. i would say baracuda is spinnier in slower loops and pushes than the rhyzm. rhyzm is faster by a big difference, better at smashing and countering, punch blocks and far away from the table. baracuda has a higher throw

-------------

Posted By: assiduous
Date Posted: 07/09/2012 at 5:29am
I played with this rubber today on Amultart blade and I was seriously impressed, and i generally think all rubbers except tenergy are crap. I fell in love with Tenzone recently, and now this.. 

This is an OUTSTANDING high level looping rubber and I am surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. It is the only good Joola rubber, and I tried them all. 
The rubber has a great throw - long, med high, intuitive and offers great control despite the high speed. It also has a great bite and gives you confidence to brush these loops over the table. VERY good bite, may I say! Almost like tenergy! Better bite than Tenzone in my opinion!
What else do u need from a rubber other than good throw and good bite and fast? Nothing!
I actually liked it betther than Tenzone because of the bite. 

This is high quality rubber. It cannot be compared to baracudas and whatnot. Yeah, baracuda is spiny as hell but is no good for loop rallies.

Spot N 2 in the Premier League rubbers!

N1 - Tenergy
N2 - Rhyzm
N3 - Tenzone

Then all silly tensors

THen the $30 rubbers like baracuda and coppa and mambo jumbo

-------------
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 07/09/2012 at 5:41am
Played with it a bit on a friend's blade (BH) - then he played with my combo (with Palio Blitz on BH). Basically I still claim that Blitz is at least as good as all these newfangled rubbers. My friend (who announced to me before the session that he FOUND his ultimate BH rubber in Rhyzm) with a surprised look on his face honestly said that he liked Blitz at least as much as Rhyzm.

They are both very good and very similar rubbers - but Blitz goes for $28 at ttnpp.com, and also imho has a better feeling (but that could be just me since I am so used to it).

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Date Posted: 07/09/2012 at 6:21am
also for the durability of the rhyzm. I have a student who have used the genius series rubbers mostly for 2 months max and then bubbles would form in the topsheet. he has been using the Rhyzm for 3 months now and still he wasnt able to ruin the topsheet.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/19/2012 at 7:59am
Timtts.be is now selling it for about $35 per sheet if you live in the US - you don't pay VAT and free shipping.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: weestenosis
Date Posted: 08/20/2012 at 9:38am
Rhyzm vs rassant????? Please anybody would like to share the opinions and features??? I have been using rassant for about 2 montha now. And i really like ir with my jspeed 90 cpen... very fast and spinny. Faster than rakza7..... Tried rakza 7 for bloking, seems lil slow for me.... So my main rubber is rassant as of now..... My fellow TT member introduced my his rhyzm.... Seems spinny too and fast..... Now i am interested of getting one and want to try it.... Any opinion regarding rassant vs rhyzm. Both rubbers are new this year.

-------------
Butterfly Amultart cpen

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=49965" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 08/20/2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Timtts.be is now selling it for about $35 per sheet if you live in the US - you don't pay VAT and free shipping.

thank you sir, for helping me get rid of my 75 of my hard earned dollars (it came to $37.5 w free shipping)

-------------
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Date Posted: 08/20/2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

thank you sir, for helping me get rid of my 75 of my hard earned dollars (it came to $37.5 w free shipping)

I should thank you first.  Your short review made me buy one sheet in 2.0 and one sheet in max so I'm hoping this plays with my stroke at least as well as Baracuda.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: cmetsbeltran15
Date Posted: 08/20/2012 at 5:00pm
good on the backhand

Posted By: VladiTT
Date Posted: 08/21/2012 at 8:49am
Yogi my man,
is there any similarity between rhyzm and 1q or bluefire

-------------
forum_posts.asp?TID=51548 - my feedback

Date Posted: 08/21/2012 at 7:42pm
vladi, rhyzm and 1Q are identical rubbers with little differences. i havent tried the blue fire

-------------

Date Posted: 09/07/2012 at 5:44pm
how long does it take to receive from there? Ordered aug 20, still waiting..

-------------

Date Posted: 09/07/2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by weestenosis weestenosis wrote:

Rhyzm vs rassant????? Please anybody would like to share the opinions and features??? I have been using rassant for about 2 montha now. And i really like ir with my jspeed 90 cpen... very fast and spinny. Faster than rakza7..... Tried rakza 7 for bloking, seems lil slow for me.... So my main rubber is rassant as of now..... My fellow TT member introduced my his rhyzm.... Seems spinny too and fast..... Now i am interested of getting one and want to try it.... Any opinion regarding rassant vs rhyzm. Both rubbers are new this year.

both are different since the rasant has a soft sponge medium tops while rhyzm has medium sponge hard top

-------------

Date Posted: 09/07/2012 at 10:07pm

how long does it take to receive from there? Ordered aug 20, still waiting..
I got mine within a week.  Was pretty disappointed with the rubber but I think Baracuda has spoiled me and I need to relearn how to play with hard rubbers.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: chameleon77
Date Posted: 09/08/2012 at 12:32am
just read this review...will definitely try this one in replacement for my acuda s1 turbo...

-------------
Ma Lin Carbon ST
FH: Acuda S3 max
BH: Joola Turbo 2.0
STIGA Offensive Classic
FH: Acuda S2 max
BH: 802-40 max

Posted By: Hans Regenkurt
Date Posted: 09/08/2012 at 4:23am
Rhyzm was definitely a disappointment for me. It lacks power, Sigma Pro r Bluefire M1 are a lot better.

Date Posted: 09/11/2012 at 12:13am
I think I was a bit too hasty in my judgment of this rubber - yes, Baracuda was the problem, not Rhyzm.  I have been using Baracuda with my hitting style to good effect and I had Baracuda on fast bladea and tried to switch to Rhyzm without a transition period - big mistake.  I loved the spin but my blocking angle was way too lame.  I also don't consistently take the ball hard, so I was underutilizing the spin property of the rubber.

So I go to a slower blade (Gambler Arylate Carbon) and put Rhyzm on it.  This rubber is not Tenergy, but some of the angles at which you can attack the ball come close.  I think this is a keeper for my spin hit game - makes me wish I hadn't ordered M2...

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 09/11/2012 at 12:59am
i am still waiting for my rubbers and no reply to my emails : (

-------------

Date Posted: 09/11/2012 at 1:29am

i am still waiting for my rubbers and no reply to my emails : (

Sorry to hear that, especially since I referred you there.  I ordered Tenergy 64 from him and the same result.  I'm trying to look into the PayPal dispute system.  Can it be used if you are not a Paypal member?

Other members have the same problem - there is a recent thread asking about timtts.be.  Sucks that it happened just after I bought the rubber.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 09/11/2012 at 1:42am
i don't want to resort to paypal before i hear from them, and paypal wants something like 45 days or something. He has good prices, its a shame that he doesn't ship or at least reply 

-------------

Date Posted: 09/11/2012 at 11:24am
i just got a reply that its shipped and should arrive soon. A bit tardy, but as long as it gets here and it's not fake its a good deal :)

By the way, Rhyzm is very different from baracuda, but for the better, if you are good :)

I know exactly why your impression was like that. Baracuda throws the ball up so easy and is very spiny. But it has a weird throw and not very good control. With Rhyzm you need to make better contact with the ball. You can't just touch brush it and throw it up. Now you need to open the paddle a little and not be afraid to go through the ball and follow through. 

But you need to do that kind of stroke on high level anyway. This brushing with baracuda makes for very soft loops that get you killed on high level. You need to make good contact, put a lot of power and have good control so you can place it well. And Rhyzm is one of the best rubbers for that. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09/11/2012 at 8:16pm

i just got a reply that its shipped and should arrive soon. A bit tardy, but as long as it gets here and it's not fake its a good deal :)

By the way, Rhyzm is very different from baracuda, but for the better, if you are good :)

I know exactly why your impression was like that. Baracuda throws the ball up so easy and is very spiny. But it has a weird throw and not very good control. With Rhyzm you need to make better contact with the ball. You can't just touch brush it and throw it up. Now you need to open the paddle a little and not be afraid to go through the ball and follow through. 

But you need to do that kind of stroke on high level anyway. This brushing with baracuda makes for very soft loops that get you killed on high level. You need to make good contact, put a lot of power and have good control so you can place it well. And Rhyzm is one of the best rubbers for that. 

Not just on the high level, at any level.  I played a guy yesterday who I usually play at the club and his first complaint was that he couldn't see the ball anymore and that I was hitting it too hard at him.  I'm going to give Rhyzm at least a month before making any changes - if it works, I'll probably sell all my other rubbers.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 09/17/2012 at 6:59pm
received my rubbers the other day. Took some 25 days..

Played about 10 matches with it on the FH on TBS and I must say that is a FANTASTIC FH combination! I have a powerful loop anyway, trying not to brush too much, unless lifting a chop, just bend the trajectory enough to go over the net... and this rubber just lets me DRILL them like swiss cheese. My God, they couldn't even reach for the ball. Beat an 1800 chinese penhold which is a good win for me (im 1600). Beat several 1600s allowing about 5 points per game. THis rubber drills holes on the FH!

The thing is that it has spectacular accuracy for this kind of speed, so you not afraid to swing! I have used faster setups but i can't control it and end up losing too many points on accuracy and lose confidence in my swing in the process.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/17/2012 at 7:06pm
The rubber is difficult to use on the backhand though, because the sponge is kind of hard and it catapults the ball out very quickly and you get very little dwell time on soft shots. On the FH i never had any problems because i swing hard and the ball dives deep in the sponge and makes a great bite and feel, but on BH i felt my T05 allowed me to open loop easier. If you have a good BH which makes good contact and goes through the ball you may be able to use it, but my BH loops tend to be soft and kind of brushy.. and with Rhyzm the ball just doesn't stay on my paddle. Even Tenzone is better for FH, much better actually.

But I am putting Rhyzm on the FH of both my main paddles. I want to develop my FH to look smth like Ma Long - a lot of power and good placement and consistency. I don't want to mess around with those brushy spiny loops.. it just doesn't work on high level. Even my BH i want to make flatter with more power, but it's harder because of the mechanics of the stroke..

-------------

Date Posted: 09/17/2012 at 11:22pm
i agree its more of a forehand rubber. it has better spin than S1 turbo and it can last up to 4 months if you multiball and play everyday which is a good durability for a euro rubber

-------------

Date Posted: 09/18/2012 at 12:07am

The rubber is difficult to use on the backhand though, because the sponge is kind of hard and it catapults the ball out very quickly and you get very little dwell time on soft shots. On the FH i never had any problems because i swing hard and the ball dives deep in the sponge and makes a great bite and feel, but on BH i felt my T05 allowed me to open loop easier. If you have a good BH which makes good contact and goes through the ball you may be able to use it, but my BH loops tend to be soft and kind of brushy.. and with Rhyzm the ball just doesn't stay on my paddle. Even Tenzone is better for FH, much better actually.

But I am putting Rhyzm on the FH of both my main paddles. I want to develop my FH to look smth like Ma Long - a lot of power and good placement and consistency. I don't want to mess around with those brushy spiny loops.. it just doesn't work on high level. Even my BH i want to make flatter with more power, but it's harder because of the mechanics of the stroke..

Actually, power on my backhand for me is easier because the wrist lets me do it all.   That's why for me, the choice of rubber on my backhand has almost never mattered.  I've often wondered whether I should incorporate more wrist on my forehand.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: Mahmood
Date Posted: 11/20/2012 at 9:16pm
Can anyone compare Rhyzm to BlueFire M1 or M2 please????????? 
In every aspect, and what makes each distinct.
Speed, spin, grippy, tacky, gears, blocks, drives, short game, loops, counter loops, drop shots, livelyness, control, weight, difference between red and black... Etc.

Imagine, I have only 50$ left to buy only one sheet, which one would you really really really recommend me to get...??? LOL

-------------
Bty Zhang Jike (fl 85gm)

FH: 729 transced (red max)
BH: BlueFire M1 (black Max)

Date Posted: 11/21/2012 at 1:32am
Well, earlier I wrote it was a disappointment for me. I have to rectify myself, a disappointment in max even when it is boosted let alone when not.

I got round to having some hits with a 2.0 (48 degrees) and it is a lot better. It is true that it is very hard but in my opinion the cause of the hardness is in the topsheet. And that describes the difference to the likes of Bluefire or Sigma Pro. Rhyzm 48 has a sponge that is similar to Aurus, not the usual ESN type. While M1 or M2 uses the cooperation of the sponge and the topsheet to produce spin and speed, the  Rhyzm 48 topsheet sort of lives a separate life and the spin comes more from the topsheet and the speed from the sponge.

The way Rhyzm works is closer to me (as it feels more natural) but they have not managed to strike a balance between the hardness and control - it is too hard overall and I find M1 or Sigma Pro more usable and versatile.

To sum up, Sigma or M1 has better control, dwell and a bit better feel, Rhyzm is more rigid with less dwell. I hope this issue will be sorted now that we have Rhyzm 42.5. I planned on buying on earlier but there is a Xiom Muse coming my way Evil Smile

When tuned, Rhyzm is a bit faster than Sigma Pro and makes it possible to use shorter strokes and more forward motion. The spin on loops is better on the Sigma or M1.

Rhyzm 48 vs M2: the differences I described above are even more tangible. M2 is more of a "vary the spin and pace" type of rubber and Rhyzm is more direct.

Date Posted: 11/21/2012 at 2:35am
I have used a couple of sheets of Rhyzm already and the sponge does not feel hard for FH at all, medium at most. Dwell time is pretty good too. 

If you block or mostly defend or have slow tricky spiny game then don't bother with Rhyzm. The rubber is made for powerful looping. It REQUIRES good contact with the ball. But if you do that, they they payoff is huge. Generates a lot of power and it just LOADS the ball with spin. 

Ordered 375 to put on BH and compare, hope to get soon.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/23/2012 at 6:17pm
I had a league match this evening with some interesting results.

I used my Xiom Sigma Pros tuned and they failed when I had to play touch shots. Somehow their relatively soft topsheet (compared to Joola Rhyzm) did not work when I had to play soft balls over tha table. There is a fragment of a second the ball needs to sink in the sponge to produce a good effect.

In comparison, Rhyzm has a harder topsheetwhich might work better for these kind of shots. I will test tomorrow but it seems that Xiom Sigma Pro type of rubbers seem to be a bit spinnier than Rhyzm 48 (I am talking about these boosted) but with Rhyzm you can play more naturally (the harder tospheet helps you spin weak balls and lifts a bit better)

Test tomorrow

Date Posted: 01/06/2013 at 9:47am
Anyone tried the softer sponges and come to a conclusion as to how they play?

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: mepper59
Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 12:41pm
I have a 425 2.0 black on the way as fh rubber.Bh is rasant 1.7 on a virtuoso -S (93 grams)
Play it next monday , i let you know next week.

-------------
There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9

Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 11:40pm
i have a 375 at home but no blade to put it on. soon

-------------

Posted By: ohhgourami
Date Posted: 01/11/2013 at 1:01am
My sheet is heavier than T64. Very noticeably heavier.

-------------
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 01/11/2013 at 1:30am
Tried 425 max for a while on a fast Primorac, tuned to perfection (don't ask me how). First week it was as hard as M1 and probably faster, then somehow became softer. I would put it in the same category as Rakza 9.

Date Posted: 01/11/2013 at 2:55am
This is for me the most underrated rubber that I have ever used.  Durable, excellent control, excellent throw.  The usual complaint is that it is bouncy, but I find it easier to control than T05 in the short game.  I sometimes wonder whether T80 will just be like it, hence I want to know how the softer versions play.  Also looking at H3 Prov, as the throw is similar to Rhyzm, though the control seems better on loops.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 01/11/2013 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Tried 425 max for a while on a fast Primorac, tuned to perfection (don't ask me how). First week it was as hard as M1 and probably faster, then somehow became softer. I would put it in the same category as Rakza 9.

Some rubbers (and I consider Rhyzm one of them) require you to break them in for a period of time to get the best out of them.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 01/11/2013 at 3:00am
Seems so. Otherwise I cannot explain the fast evaporation of the tuning effect.

Date Posted: 01/11/2013 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Seems so. Otherwise I cannot explain the fast evaporation of the tuning effect.

Do you think it played worse or better without the tuning effect?

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 01/11/2013 at 3:21am
I liked it very much on a Donic Off blade without tuning, so ordered one, but the dealer tuned it. I would avoid tuning the next one.

Date Posted: 01/11/2013 at 12:41pm
This rubber is excellent without tuning. Throw is absolute beauty.
It is one of the very few good rubbers that do NOT shrink.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 10:25am
Hello ,
i played rhyzm 425 2.0  black , toplayer tuned 1x with paraffine oil the day before last nite and i simply love it from the first second .It fits my game perfect, i even considered getting the max version or the normal version after 10 rallies, wich is scary ,but it has sooo much control. Love the feel on my virtuoso, loads of feedback.  RubberWeight medium, nice.Not so heavy as Rasant etc. Brought down my racket weight nicely.

push = 10, sharp loaded with backspin and lots of pace
counter= 10 i could do it with my eyes closedLOL
counterloop = 10,   too easy....Big smile
serve =10 especially fast long ones, short is deceptive spinny for opponent
serve return=! 10(is my weak spot) but i could hit, loop, push, flick ,almost everything and place it on the edge.
even chopping is a breeze and i am not a skilled defender!
And last but the best LOOPING!!!! fast, slow, with side spin ,  against heavy very low sliced, it all is easy, and i  never felt so confident in my life on my forehand. Just stay loose and it will work wonders for your game, let it work for you instead of a lot muscle work. 
It really invites you to play as daring as you can, look for your own limits .
I have never been so enthousiastic  for a rubber and gee i have tried a lot over the years. So give it a try
if you want.
I think for someone with rather high skills the normal Rhyzm will works wonders.
and maybe i am taking the 425 it as a bh rubber also

-------------
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 10:28am
if you think that looping is easy try the MAX in regular sponge. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 10:43am

hi i have tried max rubbers before and it didnot work out for me because i suffered too much in the short game. Rakza 7 soft, P5. Do you really believe that max Rhyzm is that good?

-------------
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by mepper59 mepper59 wrote:

hi i have tried max rubbers before and it didnot work out for me because i suffered too much in the short game. Rakza 7 soft, P5. Do you really believe that max Rhyzm is that good?
The topsheet is hard enough that you don't have to deal with control issues IMO.  But everyone is different.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 11:20am
Well, to be honest, i have never used less than max sponge in any rubber but i can't imagine short game being any worse. It will give you however deeper sponge and more dwell time and the powerful loops become monstrous.

I will try the 375 version on the Ross Lady blade tonight. Wondering if that will be too soft.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 11:28am

Well, to be honest, i have never used less than max sponge in any rubber but i can't imagine short game being any worse. It will give you however deeper sponge and more dwell time and the powerful loops become monstrous.

I will try the 375 version on the Ross Lady blade tonight. Wondering if that will be too soft.

If you are used to soft i think it will work for your bh, but considering my experience from last night with the 425 i think you will want some more power. But we'll see . Let us know  and one day we all find our Holy Grail ...Tongue
Until then , happy hunting!

-------------
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 11:31am

Okay i wiil try another 40 dollar riskEmbarrassed....let you know next week

-------------
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 11:35am
I use rhyzm max with amultart, way too fast.... I could not control it. I like fast set-up but not very fast with no control... Blocking was much better..... So i put the rhyzm to photino and better control, still fast but blocking is weak..... Amultart with rasant is the best for me, better control, faster and controlable, blocking is good as well.....

-------------
Butterfly Amultart cpen

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=49965" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 12:59pm
wees, what is your level, out of curiosity? I am ~ 1600 and I tried Rhyzm on many blades, including amultart, in it was never too fast. I don't think calibra is too fast either though.. Rhyzm became very popular in the entire club, a lot of players switched to it. Looping control is fantastic with any blade because of the intuitive trajectory. It just goes where u expect it. 
I comment on control in blocking because i just can't block with any rubber with any blade. My blocking and defending are very poor, that's why i take my chances and loop everything :)

-------------

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 1:08pm
I dont have rating.... I am not playing tourney.... Planning to..... In my club where i play, most of them are using rhyzm as we have one member that is a dealer of joola...... But i got mine from internet and i bougth max.....Use it on my amultart cpen, wow very fast for me. And no short game there.... But i which back to my rasant, and i find it great with amultart.... Rhyzm and amultart is great for block as they said amultart is for blocking, photino, jm are for looping.....

-------------
Butterfly Amultart cpen

Date Posted: 01/15/2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by weestenosis weestenosis wrote:

I dont have rating.... I am not playing tourney.... Planning to..... In my club where i play, most of them are using rhyzm as we have one member that is a dealer of joola...... But i got mine from internet and i bougth max.....Use it on my amultart cpen, wow very fast for me. And no short game there.... But i which back to my rasant, and i find it great with amultart.... Rhyzm and amultart is great for block as they said amultart is for blocking, photino, jm are for looping.....

People have different experiences with Maxs and 2.0 sometimes.  I use 2.0 on BH, MAx on FH.  For flat hitting, this is easily the best rubber since Phenix so I don't get why people can't block with it unless you are doing those passive blocks - just add something and you will change the game.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 01/22/2013 at 3:17pm
hi 
I bought max 425, i did not dare to buy the regular because i am not used to play hard rubbers.
tried it yesterday and it was the same as last week, easy playing all around .
So now i play friday my first competition game with 425 max fh/2.0 bh on virtuoso.
Very curious because i will play 2classes higher than normally so the pace and spin will be higher from my opponents. Lets see how i cope.
let you know.Smile

-------------
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net