Print Page | Close Window

TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=54610
Printed Date: 04/29/2024 at 1:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P
Posted By: Walee76
Subject: TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P
Date Posted: 11/04/2012 at 9:31pm
Here is it: The new rubber of Vladimir Samsonov!

TIBHAR Evolution

There are 4 versions of this great japanese rubber:

Evolution FX-P
Evolution EL-P
Evolution MX-P
Evolution MX-S

It is a honour for me, that I am able now since 2 weeks to play with the Evolution rubbers. But to be honest, it was not my achievement, but rather the success of my son.

My son is a talented young player. No chance to become world class, and also little bit to weak to have a chance for ITTF hope project, because the competitors are stronger. Hongkong player Hung Ka Tak is much stronger than my son and also young player from other countries are very strong, for example Jha Kanak (USA). I also saw strong boys from Europe like romanian boy Cristian Pletea or all those young french players like Irvin Bertrand, Joe Seyfried, Nolan Givone or Alexandre Cassin. If we compare my son with those players, ok, then he is a second rate player, but skilled enough to win versus the most other players in his age.

My son was using as Butterfly player for a long time Butterfly Korbel SK7 blade with Tenergy 05 (forehand) and Tenergy 05-FX (backhand). He had the possibility to try Tibhar Evolution rubber in May, because many professional players changed in 2012 to Evolution rubber and my son felt confident from the first time when was using this Evolution rubbers.

My son told me, that he had with Evolution rubber the same spin like Tenergy 05, but even though the Evolution is faster (like a boostered Tenergy), he had more control and more possibilities. Tenergy is good for loops, but it is not the best rubber for block or smash. Evolution rubber is on the same level like Tenergy, if you play loops, but the opinion of my son and me and many players who changed to Evolution is, that Evolution is better when playing all other techniques, marvelous in service-return and short-short, first-class when playing flip or first-ball-attack (loop, topspin) on chops or underspin-service.
My son whined and lamented several weeks, that he want to change from Butterfly to Tibhar, until then I called Tibhar and asked, if there would be the chance, that they would take him under contract, if he finishes with Butterfly, because he is crazy for this Evolution rubber.
Tibhar agreed and we finished with Butterfly. We were flying to Denmark and did travel to Herning to European Championships, meet there Tibhar and signed a contract starting from 2012/2013.

My son did not remember, which version of Evolution rubber he tried in May, so he got 2 different types of Evolution rubber, FX-P and MX-P, and we got also some rubbers for me as coach.

We got:

6 x Evolution FX-P black
6 x Evolution FX-P red
6 x Evolution MX-P black
6 x Evolution MX-P red
1 x Evolution EL-P black test-rubber (official allowed 01.01.2013)
1 x Evolution MX-S red test-rubber (official allowed 01.01.2013)
some new blades

My son is using now Evolution MX-P black (forehand) and Evolution FX-P red (backhand), blade is now Tibhar Illusion Killer. (before: Tenergy 05, Tenergy 05-FX and blade Korbel SK7)

I am using now Evolution MX-S red / MX-P red (forehand) and Evolution MX-P black (backhand), blade is still Butterfly Boll ALC (I did not yet try a new blade of Tibhar and to be honest: I am not the best friend of Tibhar blades). My rubbers before: Tenergy 05 (forehand) and Tenergy 64 (backhand).

I made a photo of some of the rubbers. I think it could be from interest for you to see one of the first photos of those rubbers:

In Denmark we saw many players using now Evolution rubbers, for example Vladimir Samsonov, Tiago Apolonia, a french player (I don´t know the name), some belgium players (Nuytinck and Devos), Silbereisen and Samara and also 2-3 players who normally should not play with Evolution rubbers, because they are not under contract at Tibhar.

Samsonov is the most friendly world class player I ever saw. He donated one of his used Evolution rubbers to my son and wrote his autograph on his racket-case.

I spoke some minutes with Tiago Apolonia after match versus hungarian and it was very interesting to speak with him: He told me, that it makes for him no difference of using Tenergy 05 or Tibhar Evolution rubber, which is the first rubber for him, which is on the same high level. For him the most important thing is, that he gots hard rubbers! It depends on the production-serial, sometimes Tenergy 05 is harder, sometimes his Evolution rubber and he uses that one, which is harder. He said to me, that he have from time to time the same problems like many other professional players, that sometimes the rubbers are to soft.

I don´t know, if you have some questions about the Evolution rubbers? Feel free to ask me! If I knew, I would answer.

To come to the end, me and my son - as longtime Tenergy players - can say, that the new Tibhar Evolution rubbers are the best rubbers we´ve ever played. Evolution is like a spin-machine, very high-quality japanese surface with this famous red-orange power sponge. Same spin like Tenergy 05, but more dynamic. Maybe speed is on the same level, if you use two times booster or tuner with the Tenergy.

My opionion is: Tenergy and Evolution will rule the world! In my opinion, there are no other rubbers who could compete with these two high-end-rubbers. The latest rubbers from germany, Donic Bluefire, Tibhar 1Q and 5Q, andro rasant, et cetera, they are good, but they are reaching not this high level like Tenergy and Evolution, especially regarding the spin and the demands and requirements what professional players need!

my rating and description of Tibhar Evolution rubbers:

FX-P is the softest version of Evolution rubbers, for all players who used a rubber like Tenergy 05-FX.

EL-P is a medium-sponge version for all players, who don´t want to play with a soft rubber, but cannot play with a hard rubber.

MX-P is a hard-sponge version for players who want to have power with shorter movement-technique or need speed without having the best hand- & arm-acceleration. The own catapult of the MX-P version is a little bit higher than the MX-S version, so the speed, maximum-spin and power comes more from the included power of the rubber and you need not so much acceleration of your body (it is not necessary to "activate" the rubber, because it has more build-in-catapult, so you can produce the same spin and power with a shorter and slower technique).

MX-S is a hard-sponge version for players who have a good hand- & arm-acceleration and have a little bit longer movement-technique. The own catapult of the MX-S version is a little bit less than the MX-P version, so the speed, maximum-spin and power comes more from your acceleration of your body (you "activate" the rubber with your longer and faster technique).

Where to buy / availability: I don´t know, when it will be possible to buy these rubbers worldwide. Tibhar told me in Denmark at European Championships, that they thought a long time about selling these rubbers on the public market or only to supply their sponsored players, because the Evolution rubbers are "pro player versions" (you can see this inscription on all Evolution rubbers).
They made the decision, that they only will launch the Evolution rubbers to the market, if they will be able to sell these pro player versions to all customers worldwide. They said, that they don´t want to sell normal products to customers worldwide and give their professional sponsered players special pro-versions, but they want really guarantee, that all players on the world could play the same Evolution rubbers like their sponsered players.
The idea and developement was born a long time ago and after some time it was possible to produce a minor amount of high-end rubbers, but it took much more time, to manage to produce enough high-end rubbers in mass production for a global sale.
In 2012 they managed this and if I understood correctly, the rubbers are now available in asia. For example here:

FX-P: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1379 - http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1379

EL-P: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1378 - http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1378

MX-P: http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1377 - http://www.nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1377

MX-S: I think it will be launched later in 2013, because they cannot produce 4 Evolution versions at the same time for a worldwide demand.

The rubbers are now on the way from Japan to Europe and USA by sea freight. It could maybe took 2 months, until the rubbers will arrive there and will be on stock in the shops in Europe and USA. Maybe Tibhar will also order some Evolution rubbers in Japan by air cargo, then some Evolutions would be available earlier, but this can not be a large amount.
But I don´t know 100%, I only spoke with Tibhar at European Championships, when we signed the contract for my son. If you want to be sure, better you contact Tibhar directly: http://store.tibhar.com/en/Legal-information/

Replies:
Posted By: GeneralSpecific
Date Posted: 11/04/2012 at 10:11pm
You have just made a lot of people very excited. I'm not at a high enough level yet to be able to use these rubbers correctly but I know that there are a lot of people interested in this.

-------------
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge

Date Posted: 11/04/2012 at 10:51pm
Hello to New York! Smile

Thank you, but don´t be afraid, I am sure that nearly all "not-so-strong-amateur-players" on the world could play with Evolution EL-P 1.8 mm and Evolution FX-P 1.8 mm.

Most of the professional world-class players will use Evolution MX-P max and Evolution MX-S max, ok, but I think both rubbers with a 2.0 mm sponge will be a good solution for many attackers on medium level.

Posted By: right2niru
Date Posted: 11/04/2012 at 10:52pm
MX-P seems to be pretty much a tenergy replacement if it stays to what has been said .

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Posted By: metalone
Date Posted: 11/04/2012 at 11:03pm
Walee76, thanks for the update.  Are the rubbers tuned from the factory like most new rubbers.
Thanks

-------------
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black

Posted By: Anton Chigurh
Date Posted: 11/04/2012 at 11:45pm
Thanks for the review. In it, you mentioned that Evolution is a Japanese rubber. 

Can you confirm/verify that this is not another ESN Tensor?

Thanks in advance. Smile

-------------
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80

Posted By: vutiendat1337
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 1:02am
wow, Bluefire and now Evolution. Sounds like Tenergy days are over :))

-------------
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40320&title=feedbackvutiendat1337" rel="nofollow - Feedback me

Posted By: Hans Regenkurt
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 1:32am
Walee76, thank you for this review. I have long been looking forward to reading about these new rubbers. I am sure that they will be a level higher than current ESN tensors but I am hopeful that will not reflect in the price. Unfortunately they went for 65 dollars on the Nexy page. I am also hopeful that the appearance of the Evolution series will push ESN to come up with more serious rubbers - not that te latest Bluefire and such line was an inferior product but there is a gap between their capabilities and what high level players need.

After all, it is insane that for all these years there was only Tenergy with its hefty price that was really usable at the highest levels.

Posted By: peter79
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 3:37am
Even at Tibhar Websites still not available. But nexy.com has!!!!
Since it's made in Japan, it's more efficient to ship Evolution to Korea first, rather than to Germany and from Germany ship to Korea. Now the rubber probably on the way to Germany.
How does it play compared to Tenergy? Is it similar to Tenergy 64?

-------------
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Posted By: yogi_bear
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 4:03am
when i saw the sponge it looked like tenergy

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Posted By: ttping85
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 5:40am
Thanks a lot for the great review!!! I'm really excited about these rubbers because I was about to start boosting my Tenergys...

Are the differences of the 4 versions only the sponge? Or are there differences between the topsheets? 

You didn't talk about the throw angle but I guess it is as high as the Tenergys, is it? 

With which rubbers did the pros play? MX-P I guess? 

If MX-P is like T05 boostered and MX-S slower than MX-P would MX-S be the most similar to T05? 

It sounds like FX-0 is similar to T05 FX. What about the EL-P with the medium sponge? Does it play similar to T64? 

Thanks for your help

-------------
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:06am
I was just about to order a sheet from Nexy but the price was 65 and then 18 for cheapest shipping, so it came out to $83.  So I will wait until suppliers here have it.

Posted By: BH-Man
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:12am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Even at Tibhar Websites still not available. But nexy.com has!!!!
Since it's made in Japan, it's more efficient to ship Evolution to Korea first, rather than to Germany and from Germany ship to Korea. Now the rubber probably on the way to Germany.
How does it play compared to Tenergy? Is it similar to Tenergy 64?

I agree also that when I first saw the sponge, it looked similar to Tenergy.

I got Evolution MX-P to test a few weeks back from Prez Moon @ Nexy on my last visit to his HQ in Bucheon and slapped it on the trusty TBS to make it an tad short of an even 200 grams total bat weight. Love that weight and balance.

MX-P is very hard sponge felt a tad softer than hard regular Aurus. Played like a faster spinnier version of Aurus, kinda played like a faster T-64 with better spin. Loop to loop drills with Aurus are pure joy and Evolution seems to be a bit moar fun. This rubber does everything very well and controlable just like Aurus does for me, but it has moar "Juice" for lack of a better word.

-------------
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I was just about to order a sheet from Nexy but the price was 65 and then 18 for cheapest shipping, so it came out to $83.  So I will wait until suppliers here have it.

If I move back to Texas when i am done with my time in Korea, I can bring a few sheets if TSA jokers don't get stupid with me.

-------------

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:29am
I've had pretty good luck bringing in rubber sheets from abroad.  I bought a sheet of Bluefire M2 in Germany not long ago.  But it was just one sheet.

Posted By: 128YinYang
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 9:36am
You know, I have to confess that according to the reviews, Evolution sounds an awful lot like Bluefire Tongue. Nevermind that I'm sure as soon as everyone has spent their dime on Bluefire and Evolution, Tenergy 80 will be released, and then when we've spent tons of cash on that, Xiom will probably have a new rubber "to rule them all"....and so the race continues Wink

-------------
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 11:02am
I haven't lost my love for Bluefire yet...

Does Evolution have the same "tuner" smell on the sponge as Bluefire?

-------------
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 12:10pm
The funniest thing is that one sheet of Tenergy 05 unboosted has a good long bat life that justifies its purchase.  So all the time and money spent EJing could be just as well spent on maximizing one's ability to use Tenergy 05.

I think that Bluefire M3 will be my last sojourn into this realm of EJing madness.  After that, whatever rubber I buy will stay on my paddle for a year at least.  And it is likely to be Tenergy 05 if European, or Juic 999 Turbo if Chinese.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: jonyer1980
Date Posted: 11/05/2012 at 2:22pm
That´s really great news. That could be the end of an abuse and tyrany of Tamasu Co.

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Posted By: barnie
Date Posted: 11/06/2012 at 4:47am
Looks promising. The question is about durability. Now Tenergy is most durable hi-tech rubber.

-------------
Yasaka Silver All Wood, ST
FH - Rhyzm max
BH - Tenergy 05 max

Date Posted: 11/06/2012 at 8:45am
@Wallee

Do you have any answer to my questions? 

Thanks!

Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the great review!!! I'm really excited about these rubbers because I was about to start boosting my Tenergys...

Are the differences of the 4 versions only the sponge? Or are there differences between the topsheets? 

You didn't talk about the throw angle but I guess it is as high as the Tenergys, is it? 

With which rubbers did the pros play? MX-P I guess? 

If MX-P is like T05 boostered and MX-S slower than MX-P would MX-S be the most similar to T05? 

It sounds like FX-0 is similar to T05 FX. What about the EL-P with the medium sponge? Does it play similar to T64? 

Thanks for your help

-------------
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Posted By: Mickael
Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 2:37am
When would these rubbers be available? Other than nexy, the shipping costs is hilarious "60 usd". And how do Exp versions really plays? Does it have a thin or thick top sheet ? Is the glue effect durable like tenergy? Please answer before I keep stocking my xioms

-------------
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH

Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 3:16am
Originally posted by barnie barnie wrote:

Looks promising. The question is about durability. Now Tenergy is most durable hi-tech rubber.

I disagree.

I used T05 on Fh on my TBS for about a year. I hit daily for several hours. After one week, the edges would begin to crumble and after two weeks, it was pretty bad. At teh 2 week mark, the rubber performance would start to go down. After 4 weeks, T05 performed pretty much like an average rubber. I could never get more than 4-5 weeks from a sheet of T05, ever.

After I started using Aurus, it would do pretty much the same thing, but deteriorate at a slower rate. Aurus performs in the 80-100% range for 4 weeks, and holds near 80% for the next month. I can get 2 months of daily play from Aurus.

I pay less than 1/2 the $$$ for a sheet of Aurus than I pay for T05, plus I play just as well with Aurus, so there is no question for me.

I played with Tibhar Evolution MX-P (The uber-hard sponged version) and loved it. After using hard sponged Aurus on FH for a year, I really didn't have to change much except to add another point to my score every game.  It played like a livelier and spinier version of T64. Great speed/spin/feel. It is NOT the next best thing since sliced cheese, but it is a very good rubber. WELL worth USD $65 or less a sheet. it crumbles like other modern SGE rubbers and shaped up to have the same rate of crumbling as Aurus.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/16/2012 at 1:40pm
When would it be available ?

-------------

Date Posted: 11/17/2012 at 12:06am
Nexy.com is selling it and I would reckon that within a couple months all teh regular Tibhar distributors everywhere else would be selling it. It can't take but a few months to send stuff by ship to the other side of Earth.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/21/2012 at 11:28am
Bogeyhunter? You receive the used sheet of Evolution yet? I hope the sea turtle the post office strapped it too didn't go watch dolphin show or something...

-------------

Date Posted: 11/22/2012 at 9:59am
I tried the MX-P and many members on the french tt forum did as well. For most of us we agree that these are very good rubbers but they are not Tenergy-like. They are not  similar to Tenergy in feel. Tenergy are unique and even after this "Evolution" they will stay unique. That doesn't mean that they are better or worse, just very different. 

I agree with the ressemblance with the Aurus which is also a great rubber for its price. 

I found the MX-P quite fast but also quite hard. Harder than T05 or T64 but in between both in terms of speed (not sure if it's faster or slower than T64). Better than T05 for "Top frappé" (how do you say that in English??? ) but not as as spinny as T05 for opening loops. I was also not able to produce as much spin for my serves. 

Well I don't want to say much more because I only played once with it for the moment. 

-------------

Posted By: carmelomaf
Date Posted: 11/22/2012 at 12:52pm
very good feedback

can you write down your opinion if the rubber is ESN like (Rasant, Bluefire etc...),or more Japan (tenergy) like?

I tried the MX-P and many members on the french tt forum did as well. For most of us we agree that these are very good rubbers but they are not Tenergy-like. They are not  similar to Tenergy in feel. Tenergy are unique and even after this "Evolution" they will stay unique. That doesn't mean that they are better or worse, just very different. 

I agree with the ressemblance with the Aurus which is also a great rubber for its price. 

I found the MX-P quite fast but also quite hard. Harder than T05 or T64 but in between both in terms of speed (not sure if it's faster or slower than T64). Better than T05 for "Top frappé" (how do you say that in English??? ) but not as as spinny as T05 for opening loops. I was also not able to produce as much spin for my serves. 

Well I don't want to say much more because I only played once with it for the moment. 

-------------
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 11/22/2012 at 3:26pm
Has anyone tried the EL-P yet? I think that it would be a lot easier to use than MX-S/P and I would hope that it would be in between T05-05FX in performance, but with better speed and more control.

If anyone has tried it, please post here.

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Date Posted: 11/22/2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

very good feedback

can you write down your opinion if the rubber is ESN like (Rasant, Bluefire etc...),or more Japan (tenergy) like?

Well because of hardness I would say Bluefire but I am not completely sure. I only tested directly in comparison with T05 for the moment. Next will be comparison with T64 and then with Bluefire M2. 

Many other members on the french forum compared the rubber to Bluefire and Rasant. 

One forum member tried EL-P as well and apparently it is also not too soft between T05 and T64 in hardness. He was most enthusiastic about the FX-P for the moment which apparently is more Tenergy like but with the softness of T05FX or T64FX. 

Just glued the MX-P on my blade with T64 and on the bounce it seems a tiny bit faster and not that hard but the difference is that the sponge is harder so the stronger you play the harder it will feel. Also on the bounce it seems more ESN like again. 

I don't why but the MX-P reminded me a bit of the feel of the Haifu Whale II Factory tuned with red sponge. The MX-P is better quality of course and is not sticky like the Whale. 

Anyway won't say much more until the next tests a part that they are very heavy!!! On a TBS the weight is 49-50gr minimum. The one I have right now was cut a bit larger and weights 53gr!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 11/22/2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Has anyone tried the EL-P yet? I think that it would be a lot easier to use than MX-S/P and I would hope that it would be in between T05-05FX in performance, but with better speed and more control.

If anyone has tried it, please post here.

According to a French forum member the EL-P much harder then the T05 FX and just a bit less then the T05. But I think more testing from other people needs to be done before coming to a conclusion. Also my impression is that the arc is not as high as T05 or Bluefire M1/M2. More like T64. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/22/2012 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

very good feedback

Well because of hardness I would say Bluefire but I am not completely sure. I only tested directly in comparison with T05 for the moment. Next will be comparison with T64 and then with Bluefire M2. 

Many other members on the french forum compared the rubber to Bluefire and Rasant. 

One forum member tried EL-P as well and apparently it is also not too soft between T05 and T64 in hardness. He was most enthusiastic about the FX-P for the moment which apparently is more Tenergy like but with the softness of T05FX or T64FX. 

Just glued the MX-P on my blade with T64 and on the bounce it seems a tiny bit faster and not that hard but the difference is that the sponge is harder so the stronger you play the harder it will feel. Also on the bounce it seems more ESN like again. 

I don't why but the MX-P reminded me a bit of the feel of the Haifu Whale II Factory tuned with red sponge. The MX-P is better quality of course and is not sticky like the Whale. 

Anyway won't say much more until the next tests a part that they are very heavy!!! On a TBS the weight is 49-50gr minimum. The one I have right now was cut a bit larger and weights 53gr!!!

thanks a lot

-------------

Date Posted: 11/22/2012 at 6:35pm
I don't know what they are doing but even though the rubbers seem quite good they are making to much marketing fuzz about it. But in a certain way it's smart. Better to brand a rubber tenergy-like than ESN like even if it's not true. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/22/2012 at 7:07pm

I don't know what they are doing but even though the rubbers seem quite good they are making to much marketing fuzz about it. But in a certain way it's smart. Better to brand a rubber tenergy-like than ESN like even if it's not true. 

;)

very smart

but we are not stupid

-------------

Date Posted: 11/23/2012 at 9:15am
As i expected from the very begginning, this thread was opened to generate great expectation about something to boost sales  that is going to be released soon.  By change anyone registered, the spit a few paragraphs and afterwards E´jing fever begins to wake up on us mere junkies.

Honestly, if the reviewer was a trusty member i would trust him, but looks like another spammer that dissapears after a few posts...

I was talking with the guy that runs the shop owned by V.Samsonov (a former national champion)  in Spain and stated that was an upgraded over 1Q, but Tenergy still feels spinner....

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Date Posted: 11/23/2012 at 10:50am
very good

-------------

Posted By: frenchy
Date Posted: 11/23/2012 at 10:57am

According to a French forum member the EL-P much harder then the T05 FX and just a bit less then the T05. But I think more testing from other people needs to be done before coming to a conclusion. Also my impression is that the arc is not as high as T05 or Bluefire M1/M2. More like T64. 

Somebody's speaking of my review ? What an honor ! 
Hi my friend Jean Michel ! Wink

Many people in France are crying since we wrote Tibhar's new rubbers are not cheapest and fastest Tenergy. Great rubbers but no high arc on MX-P, less speed than T05 on EL-P and also great sensations with FX-P version !!! 

-------------
Adidas Hypertouch / M2 / Tenzone SF

Posted By: KleinesDickesAilton
Date Posted: 11/23/2012 at 11:09am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

As i expected from the very begginning, this thread was opened to generate great expectation about something to boost sales  that is going to be released soon.  By change anyone registered, the spit a few paragraphs and afterwards E´jing fever begins to wake up on us mere junkies.

You are goddamn right! The OP provided high quality pics of jucy rubbers in order to make us drool and obey to our EJism.

-------------
Kugelblitz

Date Posted: 11/23/2012 at 9:20pm
I stand by my comments. Used Evolution MP-X 3 weeks and mailed it off to a forum friend in USA. (2200 defender who can pop open the ol' can O' Whoop-Em on FH attacking. I disagree and say Evolution is faster than T05 and T64. Not as spinny as T05 on half strokes, but every bit as spinny on full strokes. MX-P is real hard sponge, but I like that on FH. Top speed faster than both Tenergies. Control real nice. I have played Aurus on FH for about a year and I have gotton very used to a very hard-sponged medium fast control OFF rubber. Evolution MX-P is in that mold. Just does everything a bit better. I can get by just fine with Aurus on my FH. I use Aurus as FH rubber for each blade I test. There is a lot of hype about Evolution and it deserves some for being a new rubber, but it is an entirely different rubber than Tenergy, even if it plays like a slightly juicier/faster version of T64, it does not feel like either Tenergy.

EDIT: Yeah, I certainly agree that the throw is much lower than T05. Aurus is medium throw and Evolution MX-P is right at the throw of Aurus. Such a high throw has its plus and minus. With that high throw, you dont need quite and open blade on looping vs underspin, but you adjust, so that part is a wash I feel. What is destructive about high-spin & high throw is the ball will at the end drop vertically very severe, that alone can be troubling if hte drop is at endline and the severe kick afterwards is very troublesome to opponents. T05 excelled at this and is still the easiest rubber to do loop to loop rallies with any speed of stroke control was and still is unparralled in my crappy A-hole opinion. The medium throw is more predictable for the player hitting and the kick form hookshot spin or topsin is still troubling. The uber-low throw rubbers like Calibra LT are great at full stroke looping vs incoming topspin. The ball goes off rediculous fast, stays low, even against heavy topspin, and dips real late, then kicks off wicked fast real low. That is also troubling. The player has to decide for himself/herself which kind of rubber propertes are best suited as a balance of what the player can do, how they are confident with the rubber, how well and how consistant the rubber performs (control / landing it on the table) and how well/poorly opponents fare vs the game with such and such rubber. Price is also a factor if rubber is like Tenergy price and you are not sponsored by BTY or a shop feeding you Tenergies like you are in a country club buffet.

I would recommend trying this rubber out if you are an OFF player wanting to try a high end rubber different from Tenergy that can perform just as well in many areas, some areas weaker, some areas better.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/24/2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I disagree and say Evolution is faster than T05 and T64. Not as spinny as T05 on half strokes, but every bit as spinny on full strokes. MX-P is real hard sponge, but I like that on FH. Top speed faster than both Tenergies. There is a lot of hype about Evolution and it deserves some for being a new rubber, but it is an entirely different rubber than Tenergy, even if it plays like a slightly juicier/faster version of T64, it does not feel like either Tenergy.

I don't think anybody said that Evolution MX-P was not faster than both Tenergys. There was a comment about the EL-P which I can't judge because I didn't try it myself. After making a direct comparison with T64 I agree with you that Top Speed is faster with the MX-P but the passive bounce is about the same. I found the first top spin still easier and spinnier with the T64 but maybe it's also because I am more used to it. But when the game is engaged the MX-P enables you well to play fast and spinny top spins. Definitely a good rubber. Nobody said it was not, we were just disappointed that the first feedbacks were explaining how they were Tenergy-like and now we found out that they are not. It doesn't mean it's a bad rubber. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/24/2012 at 6:12pm
I watched samara against ding in the final lately , it is an amazing rubber , you should watch it. And samsonov with this breathtaking match against shuan incredibly fast spinny and accurate . Samsonov and samara are both playing Mx versions. They are really really like a boosted tenergy but more controllable . Watch them please and make your judgements. I did!

-------------

Date Posted: 11/24/2012 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by frenchy frenchy wrote:

Somebody's speaking of my review ? What an honor ! 
Hi my friend Jean Michel ! Wink

Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 11/24/2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

I watched samara against ding in the final lately , it is an amazing rubber , you should watch it. And samsonov with this breathtaking match against shuan incredibly fast spinny and accurate . Samsonov and samara are both playing Mx versions. They are really really like a boosted tenergy but more controllable . Watch them please and make your judgements. I did!

Amazing rubber? Yes it's possible. Personally I need more testing but not I am convinced for the moment. 

Like a boosted Tenergy? In terms of speed yes but surely not in terms of hardness and feel. The MX-P is harder than the T05 and a boostered T05 is softer than a regular T05.

-------------

Posted By: speed29
Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 10:16am
I tried mx-p just 1 session, I reselled it.
It is a very good rubber. I agree that it is faster than T64 and T05, and hexer hd.
But it is a very hard rubber, noticeably harder than T05 and T64. And I found it even a bit harder than hexer hd. Maybe just a matter of feeling.
It is good for power looping, plenty of speed and spin. But slow opening loops with spin is not so easy, for me at least.
I think it requires very good skills, and a good level.
Control is very good in short game and block.
Feeling seemed closer to last tensors than to tenergies.
Weight : 74 grams uncut.

-------------
Blade : TBS
Rubbers : sriver g3 fx 2.1 BH/FH

Posted By: ojej
Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 11:54am
i agree with you in 90% but t64 seems to be faster than mx-p specially in mid distance mx-p is harder than tenergy rubbers and overall control is worse... definitely it's very good rubber but for pro players which like hard rubbers Smile i've got used mx-p and i've had a lot of problems with this rubber even on fh playing timo boll spark which is quite soft blade (t05 fits me better on this blade) and last thing mx-p looks rather like esn rubber not made in japan...

-------------
stiga erik lindh offensive evolution
fh: tenergy 05
bh: tenergy 05

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45928&title=feedback-ojej" rel="nofollow - my feedback

Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by ojej ojej wrote:

i agree with you in 90% but t64 seems to be faster than mx-p specially in mid distance mx-p is harder than tenergy rubbers and overall control is worse... definitely it's very good rubber but for pro players which like hard rubbers Smile i've got used mx-p and i've had a lot of problems with this rubber even on fh playing timo boll spark which is quite soft blade (t05 fits me better on this blade) and last thing mx-p looks rather like esn rubber not made in japan...

VERY VERY good Pictures

-------------

Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 1:08pm
Thanks for the you reviews with REAL value. So at the end, looks like Tenergy will sleep again peacefully on its throne...

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 1:19pm

If anyone has tried MX-P and 1Q, how would you comparethrm in terms of hardness, throw, speed and spin etc.?

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 4:31pm
It is made in Japan , for sure , contact tibhar they will answer you.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/26/2012 at 4:58am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

If anyone has tried MX-P and 1Q, how would you comparethrm in terms of hardness, throw, speed and spin etc.?

I can't make a very precise comparison between both because I didn't play enough with them  but what I can say for sure is that 1Q is much softer. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12/06/2012 at 5:56pm
I saw some new informations: the Evolution rubbers are now also sold in Europe and in January there will be the worldwide release in all other countries.  Smile

I am still very happy with my Evolution rubbers, the Tenergy rubbers are for me a thing of the past. My son is also still very happy.  Thumbs Up

Here are some weights in original package:

MX-P 2.1 = 112,5 gr

MX-P 1.9 = 111 gr

MX-P 1.7 = 109,5 gr

EL-P 2.1 = 111,5 gr

EL-P 1.9 = 109 gr

EL-P 1.7 = 108 gr

FX-P 2.1 = 105 gr

FX-P 1.9 = 104 gr

FX-P 1.7 = 102 gr

Date Posted: 12/06/2012 at 6:26pm
MX-P has very good control and dwell so you can very easily guide the ball. 

It's better than Tenergy in blocking because it is less sensitive to incoming spin, it doesn't bounce off as quickly as T64 and the throw angle is not as high as T05. 

It doesn't react surprisingly like other ESN rubbers. 

Good speed and spin are there but it is very hard and very heavy (53gr cut to a Butterfly Blade) and to use its full potential you need very good technical and physical skills. But when you manage well it is really powerful and faster than T64. 

Also I found it much more difficult to create spin than with T05 and even T64. Somehow it grabs the ball well and it is very easy to do an opening loop but if you don't make an extra effort there is not so much spin in it. So very different from Tenergy. 

While trying MX-P I realized how lazy I got through playing with Tenergy over the years Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 12/06/2012 at 6:48pm

walee,how is el p compared to tenergy or other new tensors such as bluefire?

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)

Posted By: The Shakehander
Date Posted: 12/06/2012 at 9:09pm
Dam i'm still getting around to begin trying Grip S PinchCensoredLOL

Date Posted: 12/07/2012 at 1:08am
Sounds like a new bluefire m1 , heavy, good opening , not much spin as tenergy, fast but can be blocked easily, insensitive to incoming spin: I wouldn't like it is another silly fast no spin rubber and veryyyyyy heavy.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/07/2012 at 9:09pm

MX-P has very good control and dwell so you can very easily guide the ball. 

It's better than Tenergy in blocking because it is less sensitive to incoming spin, it doesn't bounce off as quickly as T64 and the throw angle is not as high as T05. 

It doesn't react surprisingly like other ESN rubbers. 

Good speed and spin are there but it is very hard and very heavy (53gr cut to a Butterfly Blade) and to use its full potential you need very good technical and physical skills. But when you manage well it is really powerful and faster than T64. 

Also I found it much more difficult to create spin than with T05 and even T64. Somehow it grabs the ball well and it is very easy to do an opening loop but if you don't make an extra effort there is not so much spin in it. So very different from Tenergy. 

While trying MX-P I realized how lazy I got through playing with Tenergy over the years Tongue

A lot of good points, especially about the spin compared to T05 on less than full swings. T05 facilitates the production of heavy spin with even a half stroke. You will not get near this spin with MX-P, not with many other modern glue effect rubbers. I do not want this kind of spin on my connecting shots or defensive topspin shot where I make a light to medium topspin shot from below table height that opponent cannot see impact that goes low over net and can kick unpredictably, causing opponent to hesitate to attack and give me a ball I can better attack.  

-------------

Posted By: jatienza930
Date Posted: 12/08/2012 at 12:31am

Thanks for the you reviews with REAL value. So at the end, looks like Tenergy will sleep again peacefully on its throne...

LOL LOL LOL

-------------
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback

Date Posted: 12/08/2012 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Walee76 Walee76 wrote:

I saw some new informations: the Evolution rubbers are now also sold in Europe and in January there will be the worldwide release in all other countries.  Smile

I am still very happy with my Evolution rubbers, the Tenergy rubbers are for me a thing of the past. My son is also still very happy.  Thumbs Up

Here are some weights in original package:

MX-P 2.1 = 112,5 gr

MX-P 1.9 = 111 gr

MX-P 1.7 = 109,5 gr

EL-P 2.1 = 111,5 gr

EL-P 1.9 = 109 gr

EL-P 1.7 = 108 gr

FX-P 2.1 = 105 gr

FX-P 1.9 = 104 gr

FX-P 1.7 = 102 gr

Definitely you´re also  pro, but a a pro-spammer.

Why a pro would be interested on such weights of thinner sponges? You did a great display of the rubbers, w detailed pics and extensive review, and the you dissapeared for a few weeks, leaving the dead tasty prey for the hungry vultures and hyenas.

Have a good sales!

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Posted By: slevin
Date Posted: 12/10/2012 at 7:06am
To those who have tried the series: which of the Evolution rubbers is most like Aurus regular? How does it compare to Aurus?

Edit: is MX-P the similar one in terms of hardness?

Posted By: debraj
Date Posted: 12/10/2012 at 12:47pm
slevin.. i was also searching for a aurus like rubber... and the ones i liked most so far are Rakza 9 and 1QXD. 1QXD is a little faster than aurus though but similar feel. Rakza 9 is same speed and feel.

-------------
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
http://youtu.be/y9y9nE9g778" rel="nofollow - vid1
http://youtu.be/xqNy786yGOs" rel="nofollow - Vid 2

Posted By: slevin
Date Posted: 12/10/2012 at 2:22pm
thanks Debraj. Is Aurus similar to Rakza 7 in anyway or is it very different?

Date Posted: 12/10/2012 at 3:21pm
i liked playing aurus more than playing rakza 7. 

Aurus has more power spin on loopdrives....also better behaved over the table. Actually aurus shines in all departments...the only issue i had was that after a few weeks aurus is not as easy to open loops with. you need a perfect forward stroke contact.. and since you are not always perfect in a game.. i ended up losing 1 or 2 opening loops while not best position. 

you can always argue on practice and all... but i can argue that rakza 9 allows me to do that even with same level from practice. :) And our clubs best player is kicking it bigtime with 1Q-XD, replacing his H3N Prov..

sorry i don't want to distract this thread further from evolution. i'm also interested to know more about evolution (even though i feel that most of it is what i heard about bluefire).

-------------

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 12:57am

Why a pro would be interested on such weights of thinner sponges? You did a great display of the rubbers, w detailed pics and extensive review, and the you dissapeared for a few weeks, leaving the dead tasty prey for the hungry vultures and hyenas.

Have a good sales!
Hello,

I had cannot accept your posting. You are damaging my reputation.

(1) I never claimed, that I am a professional player. I only wrote, that my son is a talented young player. And to call me a pro-spammer is an abuse!

(2) I got the information about weights from a table tennis shop and shared this information with other table tennis players here!

(3) I am proud about my review with good picture! If all forum members would make such good review postings, the forum would be much better.

(4) I dissapeared for a few weeks? Is it a duty, to be every week here? I have a real life, sorry! And I am more active in ooakforum and I did write postings in that forum during this time and not here, amongst other things because the people are more friendly there!
You can watch my profile there:

http://ooakforum.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8968 - http://ooakforum.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8968

(5) "Have a good sales"? I am not a shop and I don´t make promotion for Tibhar or shops like nexy.com.
Anybody can read my other postings in this forum. I am a neutral member and I am writing in all threads, where I can help with my experiences and knowledge, independent of all table tennis brands.
And I newer made a secret out of it, that my son is sponsered by Tibhar since this year, I even wrote it by myself!

I am very dissapointed and angry about this. This is not fair. Please look at my postings in ooak forum:

http://ooakforum.com/search.php?author_id=8968&sr=posts%20 - http://ooakforum.com/search.php?author_id=8968&sr=posts

And then you can again think about your posting.

kind regards, Walee

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 5:34am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

sorry i don't want to distract this thread further from evolution. i'm also interested to know more about evolution (even though i feel that most of it is what i heard about bluefire).

Having tested MX-P and M2 both in max and both in black I can that they are quite similar but I can tell you that biggest differences between both are

-hardness> MX-P is much harder than M2 so maybe it is similar in hardness with M1

-dwell-time> M2 is bouncier so dwell time on the MX-P is much longer. 

-sensitivity to incoming spin> MX-P is less sensitive to incoming spin so you have more control in blocking, counter-looping and returning serves. 

-weight> MX-P is heavier than M2 about 3-4gr for the same cut (of course that can vary depending on the sheet you get

If somebody could compare MX-P with M1 it would be great. From what I remember the differences would the same as with the M2 except maybe hardness. 

About the whole question whether Evolution is making an end to Tenergy supremacy or not.

I believe it might be adopted by quite a few Pro Players or half-pro Players because when you have the physical and technical skills than MX-P (the only one I tried personally) is really a great rubber with great speed, spin and control. But amateur players will have harder time to use its speed and especially its spin if you compare to Tenergy but might be seduced by its control and insensitivity to incoming spin.

A French pro-player playing in the 1st French Pro-League (Pro A) sponsored by Butterfly and playing with T05 tested the MX-P and had the wow-effect!!! He really liked the MX-P. I was not surprised because he is the kind of player who almost always plays full strokes and has an amazing arm speed. He felt he could put more spin in his top spins (strong full strokes). He also felt he could put more spin in his serve because of longer dwell-time but again the way he hits the ball at his serve is really fast and his serves are anyway extremely spinny. I believe that with gentle stroke serves with Tenergy will be spinnier than the MX-P. What he didn't like is the hardness, the weight (his bat with one T05 on the other side was heavier than usual and unbalanced) and he actually didn't like the insensitivity to incoming spin in blocking. He also found the MX-P in blocking less regular in the way it reacts to the ball compared to Tenergy so he didnt feel secure with it. But maybe it's just because he is used to T05. But he found that backhand block-spin was easier and better than with T05.

Anyway the feel and the spin of Evolution is not Tenergy-like but the way its speed is slow in passive strokes and gets faster and full strokes is somehow Tenergy-like.

About the question whether Evolution is better than all the other rubbers released recently?

I read on the German tt forum that a whole 3rd/4th division team playing either with T05 or T64 so far switched to either to MX-P or EL-P. Because of financial restriction of their club they have been trying to find alternatives to Tenergy amongst all the new rubbers (Rasant, Bluefire, 1Q-XD…) but the only ones they were actually satisfied with were the Evolution which they found not only to be a good alternative to Tenergy but also better in many aspects.

Again this is only showing the possible great potential of Evolution rubbers amongst Pro or half-pro players. For amateur players it would be interesting to see how many will start to adopt Evolution as soon as it will be available in all the tt stores.

In France Bluefire starts to be widespred among amateur players but also half-pro players playing in 3rd division but I don't know about the two highest Professional leagues. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 12:01pm

Have a good sales!
Hello,

I had cannot accept your posting. You are damaging my reputation.

(1) I never claimed, that I am a professional player. I only wrote, that my son is a talented young player. And to call me a pro-spammer is an abuse!

(2) I got the information about weights from a table tennis shop and shared this information with other table tennis players here!

(3) I am proud about my review with good picture! If all forum members would make such good review postings, the forum would be much better.

(4) I dissapeared for a few weeks? Is it a duty, to be every week here? I have a real life, sorry! And I am more active in ooakforum and I did write postings in that forum during this time and not here, amongst other things because the people are more friendly there!
You can watch my profile there:

http://ooakforum.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8968 - http://ooakforum.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8968

(5) "Have a good sales"? I am not a shop and I don´t make promotion for Tibhar or shops like nexy.com.
Anybody can read my other postings in this forum. I am a neutral member and I am writing in all threads, where I can help with my experiences and knowledge, independent of all table tennis brands.
And I newer made a secret out of it, that my son is sponsered by Tibhar since this year, I even wrote it by myself!

I am very dissapointed and angry about this. This is not fair. Please look at my postings in ooak forum:

http://ooakforum.com/search.php?author_id=8968&sr=posts%20 - http://ooakforum.com/search.php?author_id=8968&sr=posts

And then you can again think about your posting.

kind regards, Walee

I feel so sorry if i ever hurt you, it wasn´t my intention, but i felt kinda dodgy you post with all that info. We´re quite used to those typicall cavern trolls that visit us rather ofter to post loads and tons of unuseless spam&crap.

Best wishes, Jonyer.

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 3:10pm

A French pro-player playing in the 1st French Pro-League (Pro A) sponsored by Butterfly and playing with T05 tested the MX-P and had the wow-effect!!! He really liked the MX-P. I was not surprised because he is the kind of player who almost always plays full strokes and has an amazing arm speed. He felt he could put more spin in his top spins (strong full strokes). He also felt he could put more spin in his serve because of longer dwell-time but again the way he hits the ball at his serve is really fast and his serves are anyway extremely spinny. I believe that with gentle stroke serves with Tenergy will be spinnier than the MX-P. What he didn't like is the hardness, the weight (his bat with one T05 on the other side was heavier than usual and unbalanced) and he actually didn't like the insensitivity to incoming spin in blocking. He also found the MX-P in blocking less regular in the way it reacts to the ball compared to Tenergy so he didnt feel secure with it. But maybe it's just because he is used to T05. But he found that backhand block-spin was easier and better than with T05.
Can you send me by private message the name of this french pro-player or the website, where you read it? Thank you!

I read on the German tt forum that a whole 3rd/4th division team playing either with T05 or T64 so far switched to either to MX-P or EL-P. Because of financial restriction of their club they have been trying to find alternatives to Tenergy amongst all the new rubbers (Rasant, Bluefire, 1Q-XD…) but the only ones they were actually satisfied with were the Evolution which they found not only to be a good alternative to Tenergy but also better in many aspects.

Again this is only showing the possible great potential of Evolution rubbers amongst Pro or half-pro players. For amateur players it would be interesting to see how many will start to adopt Evolution as soon as it will be available in all the tt stores.

Can you please post the link to this german tt forum? Thank you!

I feel so sorry if i ever hurt you, it wasn´t my intention, but i felt kinda dodgy you post with all that info. We´re quite used to those typicall cavern trolls that visit us rather ofter to post loads and tons of unuseless spam&crap.

Best wishes, Jonyer.
Thank you, Jonyer.  I accept your excuse and I hope it was a real apology, without irony or a hint of sarcasm. I think if you did read my other postings in mytabletennis.net and ooakforum.com discussion forums, you will see, that I try to give good recommendations to all users when ever I know something about the blades and rubbers.

I like it, to test all kind of rubbers and blades. We have a table tennis competiton table in our house and if I cannot play together with my son, I have a good robot to test rackets. This is my passion Smile

I have one question to you: Can you compare the Evolution MX-P with the Grip-S Europe what you are using? Thank you!  

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 3:46pm

[/QUOTE]Thank you, Jonyer.  I accept your excuse and I hope it was a real apology, without irony or a hint of sarcasm. I think if you did read my other postings in mytabletennis.net and ooakforum.com discussion forums, you will see, that I try to give good recommendations to all users when ever I know something about the blades and rubbers.

I like it, to test all kind of rubbers and blades. We have a table tennis competiton table in our house and if I cannot play together with my son, I have a good robot to test rackets. This is my passion Smile

I have one question to you: Can you compare the Evolution MX-P with the Grip-S Europe what you are using? Thank you!  

[/QUOTE]

I haven´t tried yet any of the Evolution series, it hasn´t arrived to Spain yet so it´s hard to me to make an extensive comparison. So far, hhe only one who has tried is Vladi who lives and owns a TT shop with a TT friend of him, a  former national champion, but obviously they aren´t given commercial versions, off-the shelves, just best quality selected premium sheets for him.

Honestly i am going to quit playing GSE because of QC´S . It´s like going to a Casino, you can get a good one, but also theres  a big chance to get a BAD sheet. I could forgive this on crappy cheap chinese rubber, but i can´t tolerate  this quality issues  on a 40€ sheet relabelled by Thibar.

I hope this helps :)

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 4:07pm
Guys there so much spin in tenergy in all kind of strokes. About its price, I buy it for 130 usd , play two months and resell it for 40 usd the pair, it makes it cheaper than any tensor out there and play with the best rubber ever created in table tennis history, even better than any speed glued high end rubber ten years ago. We play for the sport, the enjoyement, the competition that is what a good rubber coming from a great manufacturer with the highest quality control in the business of table tennis can really give you. Hope some day the competition would make a better rubber, but I doubt it.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 5:51pm

Can you send me by private message the name of this french pro-player or the website, where you read it? Thank you!

Sorry but I don't think he wants to. 

Can you please post the link to this german tt forum? Thank you!

Link to te forum: http://forum.tt-news.de/

Link to the Evolution Rubber discussion: http://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?s=620e1cfdf55740d1a97f8dbf2bd6297a&t=129731

Link to the post about the team that switched: http://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?s=620e1cfdf55740d1a97f8dbf2bd6297a&t=129731&page=20

Best wishes, Jonyer.
Thank you, Jonyer.  I accept your excuse and I hope it was a real apology, without irony or a hint of sarcasm. I think if you did read my other postings in mytabletennis.net and ooakforum.com discussion forums, you will see, that I try to give good recommendations to all users when ever I know something about the blades and rubbers.

From my opinion you should have given at least one or two negative points about the Evolution rubbers if you didn't want people to be suspicious. Also it's important to distinguish if a rubber is at the level of Tenergy or if it's Tenergy-like or it's an acceptable alternative etc... and that was not clear either. 

-------------

Posted By: dashmista
Date Posted: 12/13/2012 at 9:33pm
I ordered FX-P and EL-P and have been testing it recently. I find EL-P to be a sort of 64 05 hybrid and FX-P to be similar to Sriver, perhaps even more insensitive to incoming spin. 

If you guys want more pictures, I gathered some here:

-------------
http://tabletennisequipmentreview.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow - Table Tennis Equipment Review http://www.facebook.com/TableTennisEquipmentReview" rel="nofollow - FB EJ4LYFE at powerpingpong.com for

Posted By: right2niru
Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 1:56am
I can tell you this much - playing against somebody who has MX-P on FH or BH it is just like playing anybody against Tenergy series of rubbers; The MX-P version produces amazing spin even on short strokes like a push / chop ... i do not know if these rubbers are just tuned in which case they may not behave consistently over a period of time once the tuning wears out ..

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Posted By: Carbon TT
Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by dashmista dashmista wrote:

I ordered FX-P and EL-P and have been testing it recently. I find EL-P to be a sort of 64 05 hybrid and FX-P to be similar to Sriver, perhaps even more insensitive to incoming spin. 

Could you (or anyone for that matter) compare the hardness to the ESN scale?  The hardness's listed on Paddle Palace are very unusual and since it is made in Japan it might be nice to know how they relate.

-------------
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P

Posted By: speaquinox
Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 4:13pm
Who says it's made in Japan?

-------------
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena

Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

Who says it's made in Japan?

It is said on the package like any othe product Tongue

-------------

Posted By: AMonteiro
Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 5:08pm
There's no Made in Japan on package, sponge or topsheet..

-------------
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR

Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 5:50pm
I've been curious about this for a while, too.

It looks suspiciously like a Tensor sponge but others are claiming it's Japanese in origin. 

If anyone could legitimately verify (i.e., not speculation or hearsay, but some sort of label, marking, or official statement from a Tibhar representative, etc.) one way or another the origin of this rubber, that would be super. Smile

I'm not interested in investing any more money on Tensors but I'd be happy to try this rubber if it is indeed of Japanese origin. 

-------------

Posted By: danhs
Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I'm not interested in investing any more money on Tensors but I'd be happy to try this rubber if it is indeed of Japanese origin. 

That's a significant statement. It appears that ESN's repeated failures  to produce a rubber that equals Tenergy (I know it's debatable) are basically free advertising for Butterfly. All the tensors are so hyped with each new one being the greatest thing since sliced bread, but T05 still rules. At some point (soon) ESN is gonna need to deliver or risk losing respect.
   Hmmm, maybe it really did take Butterfly 10 years to develop Tenergy....

Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by danhs danhs wrote:

That's a significant statement. It appears that ESN's repeated failures  to produce a rubber that equals Tenergy (I know it's debatable) are basically free advertising for Butterfly. All the tensors are so hyped with each new one being the greatest thing since sliced bread, but T05 still rules. At some point (soon) ESN is gonna need to deliver or risk losing respect.

Since I'm pretty much a middling TT player, at best, I'm not sure how significant my opinion is in the scheme of things. LOL

I think the Bluefire series is the best Tensor put forth so far, but even then it tends to be somewhat erratic in its behavior much like (but to a lesser extent than) all the Tensors prior to it.

Yes, Tenergy has some "catapult" to it. It can make a subpar shot look terrible and it can make a mediocre shot look excellent... but it is still, in my opinion, a more honest rubber than any of the Tensors.

My reason for the above statement is that I find Japanese rubbers in general to be more honest and intuitive than Tensors. Of course, hard, tacky Chinese rubbers are the most honest but I (and apparently most people) don't like them on my backhand. Wink

-------------

Posted By: danhs
Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 6:36pm

Originally posted by danhs danhs wrote:

Since I'm pretty much a middling TT player, at best, I'm not sure how significant my opinion is in the scheme of things. LOL

I think the Bluefire series is the best Tensor put forth so far, but even then it tends to be somewhat erratic in its behavior much like (but to a lesser extent than) all the Tensors prior to it.

Yes, Tenergy has some "catapult" to it. It can make a subpar shot look terrible and it can make a mediocre shot look excellent... but it is still, in my opinion, a more honest rubber than any of the Tensors.

My reason for the above statement is that I find Japanese rubbers in general to be more honest and intuitive than Tensors. Of course, hard, tacky Chinese rubbers are the most honest but I (and apparently most people) don't like them on my backhand. Wink

You're comment is actually more significant because of your skill as a player, in a certain sense. Since you have an average amount of skill, your opinion/perceptions of rubbers are likely representative of how most players feel. Equipment manufacturers don't make their money by selling rubber to professionals.

Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 7:02pm
Anton, you have articulated your point very well.

Over time, I see you seem to do this exceptionally more than the rest of us.

I used to like those tacky Chinese rubbers on BH and I can still make just about anything work on BH wing. Most of the stuff close that category simply feels and sounds like a brick at impact, which I absolutely do not like.

I use a very controlable Allround OFF rubber on BH that does everything good, but nothing exceptional.

I use Dawei XP 2008 Super Power 40 degree 2.2 on BH wing. Heaps of control. I can use a rocket, but I can make very fast and sudden shots on BH wing with this rubber and land it moar often still with heavy spin, even if it is not T05 level, it is more than enough.

T05 is so great at coping with topspin and producing your own topspin from underspin balls, nothing rivals T05 in counterlooping ease at its throw angle, calibra is king at low throw. T05 priced itself out of my ballpark so Aurus it is for Fh play. T05 gives a player a disproportionate level of spin for a slow to medium stroke and shines best on 3/4 to full swings.

I have never gotton on the Tensor wave, although i slapped a tensor from Cole on my Achuma OX LP test bat and even last night enjoyed a few matches with it as a defender/blocker suddenly flipping the switch to atack, which is sometimes a blast.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/14/2012 at 7:05pm
anton... i played with bluefire m1 , m2... and while i liked the speed and dwell.. i too thought they have some directionality problem... making them a little inconsisten or unpredicatble in some shots...

but i think that problem is well addressed addressed now... rakza 9 has same feeling but crisp and predictable ball throw... exactly mimics tenergy feeling... but faster.

i think evolution should be in same category... i.e they DONT chew the ball so much that while spitting it out they forget which direction they came from. ;) 

-------------

Date Posted: 12/15/2012 at 3:24am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

There's no Made in Japan on package, sponge or topsheet..

True LOL there is just Japanese as the main language everywhere and hardness, spin and speed are indicated according to Japanese Standards. 

The question is: would Tibhar dare to pretend through all this Japanese stuff on the package that Evolution is made in Japan while it is actually not? Confused

-------------

Posted By: batt
Date Posted: 12/15/2012 at 3:50am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I have never gotton on the Tensor wave, although i slapped a tensor from Cole on my Achuma OX LP test bat and even last night enjoyed a few matches with it as a defender/blocker suddenly flipping the switch to atack, which is sometimes a blast.

But you use Aurus which is a Tensor itself...

Date Posted: 12/15/2012 at 3:52am

On table tennis, any Japanese Made product means quality. When a company has a Made in Japan product they indicate it with a "Made in Japan" mark.. not japanese names all over the package..

In a persuit of Tenergy, Tibhar copied the sponge color, thickness golden sticker, put japanese hardness scale but forgot to make the rubber in Japan!! Ask them why...

-------------

Posted By: batt
Date Posted: 12/15/2012 at 4:10am
You've put forth a convincing argument. I studied the packaging and the pictures of the rubber. If Evolution really is made in Japan, it would have a "Made in Japan" label on its packaging and the rubber itself like all Japanese rubbers.

BTW, do you know why Tibhar doesn't make Evolution in Japan?
Is it due to cost? Is it because ESN has a lot of experience copying Tenergy?
I really don't know.

Date Posted: 12/15/2012 at 4:22am

I would like to know!

Don't get me wrong... this Evolution line can be even better than any other rubber in th world.. I really don't care. I also think that if the consumers have a cheaper alternative, with same quality, to the leading rubber on market, that's great..

My only question is about where is it made.. On this case I don't buy all this japanese letters on cover and all that stuff..

-------------

Date Posted: 12/15/2012 at 4:24am
The point is: At the beginning, you could only  get it from Nexy.com (Korea) a few months before their releasing date. But now it´s coming close to the worldwide release, the first place were you can get commercial sheet  apart from from NEXY Korea,  is just a german website. Suspicious?ShockedShocked

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 12/15/2012 at 7:11am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

anton... i played with bluefire m1 , m2... and while i liked the speed and dwell.. i too thought they have some directionality problem... making them a little inconsisten or unpredicatble in some shots...

but i think that problem is well addressed addressed now... rakza 9 has same feeling but crisp and predictable ball throw... exactly mimics tenergy feeling... but faster.

i think evolution should be in same category... i.e they DONT chew the ball so much that while spitting it out they forget which direction they came from. ;) 

Debraj,

The way you switch rubber affiliations  (a honeymoon period followed by a bad breakup) makes you a very unreliable source of information for opinionated rubber performance characteristics.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Date Posted: 12/16/2012 at 6:23am
Guys I was mislead by Walee76 like all of us . I read his post here and ooakforum a copy paste of course, he claims it is made in Japan, he misled us we owe him a big apology. Of course no one would trust his posts anymore. He lost his credibility. Read this post
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4067-Tibhar-Evolution-A-Twin-of-Donic-Bluefire!
Then read his claims !!!
"The rubbers are now on the way from Japan to Europe and USA by sea freight. It could maybe took 2 months, until the rubbers will arrive there and will be on stock in the shops in Europe and USA. Maybe Tibhar will also order some Evolution rubbers in Japan by air cargo, then some Evolutions would be available earlier, but this can not be a large amount."
Very misleading!

-------------

Date Posted: 12/16/2012 at 9:51am

The point is: At the beginning, you could only  get it from Nexy.com (Korea) a few months before their releasing date. But now it´s coming close to the worldwide release, the first place were you can get commercial sheet  apart from from NEXY Korea,  is just a german website. Suspicious?ShockedShocked

and I think at one moment that german website censored all comments that were about doubts on Evolution being made in Japan :)

-------------

Posted By: Carbon TT
Date Posted: 12/16/2012 at 6:19pm

Not at all, considering Germany is the next big hub of table tennis in the world after Asia and the country that Tibhar is from.  Too many people on here with unfounded speculation Ermm

-------------
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P

Posted By: asvio
Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 12:21pm
EVO compared:

FX- P Red - MX-P Black

Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 12:29pm

FX- P Red - MX-P Black

Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 12:32pm
Tenegy 05 Red - MX-P Black

Posted By: adishorul
Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 12:44pm
nice inspired pictures

Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 12:48pm
Today I'll try this combo on TB ALC

Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 1:11pm
Until someone can conclusively demonstrate otherwise, I will continue to believe that this Evolution is an ESN product. It just looks way too similar. 

I'm waiting for a "Made in Japan" marker somewhere on the rubber or package, or perhaps an official email from Tibhar stating the product is not outsourced to ESN and is indeed made in Japan, etc.

Anyone...?

-------------

Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 1:18pm

Until someone can conclusively demonstrate otherwise, I will continue to believe that this Evolution is an ESN product. It just looks way too similar. 

I'm waiting for a "Made in Japan" marker somewhere on the rubber or package, or perhaps an official email from Tibhar stating the product is not outsourced to ESN and is indeed made in Japan, etc.

Anyone...?

I looked on the th package and rubber and There is no made in japan, no made in germany, no made in china ....

Posted By: Vihito
Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 4:22pm
Tomorrow I'll receive the rubber. Test blade will be Viscaria and Zhang Jike, will compare to 05 and 64.

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 01/10/2013 at 4:29pm
asvio, can you photo juxtapose T05 and FX-P to see the exact difference?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net