Print Page | Close Window

TIBHAR MX-P review

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=57569
Printed Date: 04/29/2024 at 9:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: TIBHAR MX-P review
Posted By: kolevtt
Subject: TIBHAR MX-P review
Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 3:08pm
Hello forum's friends,

I will try to give you full imagine about the new TIBHAR MX-P (max) thickness rubber.
Just today I received one piece used for test only, cut to TBS, so the rubber was like new.
I glued it to my M.Maze.
First I noticed this rubber is NOT MADE IN JAPAN!!!!!!!!! It is ESN German rubber, it is looking like andro rasant, plays like rasant, smells like rasant. It is hard, spinny, but not so much, because the hard sponge doesn't allow the long ball contact with the top-sheet.
The rubber is not so fast on top spin strokes, it is easy to make a counter loop with on the table or in  middle distance, it has a good feel, I mean you can feel how your rubber just bites the ball (too like rasant), while blocking and cutting requires increased attention.
My personal preferences are not associated with this type of rubbers.
I can't recommend this rubber to a players who are just starting table tennis.
It is stamped on the rubber "PRO PLAYER VERSION".
A players which are looking for more control-oriented rubber like me...will be just disappointed.
This rubber is appropriate for aggressive players with great playing - technique in blocking and cutting.
In my opinion, in spite of I am against T05, it is more better rubber for this style that MX-P is trying to join among the players. MX-P is little more faster than T05 I think (like andro rasant). But the safety/control is on higher level in T05.
I missed to write the rubbers is with size for TBS and M.Maze (157/150), mx-p's weight is 49 grams. Too heavy!!!
Because of the weight is possible the mx-p to be with more high density than rasant.
For an appropriate blades for this rubber I can recommend blades like TBS/ALC/Viscaria.
For difference between rasant and mx-p I can share also rasant is 2.1, while mx-p is 2.2mm I think.
Finally, I am asking myself how long time we will buy the same factory products and we will be asking ourselves what is the speed or feel or spin or something other. Even the sponges of rasant and mx-p are almost equal...Only the rasant is 2.1 and mx-p is max (2.2).
I hope I was useful for all mytt friends!
Beer

Replies:
Posted By: debraj
Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 5:44pm
kolev.. nice review. 

i liked your question about same factory product. :)

-------------
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
http://youtu.be/y9y9nE9g778" rel="nofollow - vid1
http://youtu.be/xqNy786yGOs" rel="nofollow - Vid 2

Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 7:23pm
Keep your eyes closed, debraj  Pinch  And believe to the stickers JAPAN (they have been traveled around Japan Wink  ) on the rubbers made by Germany located company LOL
I hope the rubbers I am waiting to become available on the markeBig smilet (SKITT 001 Acconda) are not made by ESN Wacko
And I hope the next topic I will write about good non-ESN rubber.
I have nothing against this company, but I think this is kind of cheating.
The players have the full rights to know what they are using.
I don't find my money on the road.
This is the reason I posted this topic here and everyone who doesn't likes rasant, or vega pro, or another and hasn't an appropriate blade or skills for ESN rubbers just do not buy Tibhar Mx-P.

Posted By: Walee76
Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 8:00pm
@kolevtt, also for you:

I don´t know 100%, if the rubbers are "made in japan". For me, it was without doubt, that they come from Japan, because everything is same like Tenergy: The sticker on package with the thickness and colour of rubber. The rubber itself has original japanese size (it is higher than ESN-rubbers, which are 17 x 17 cm). And the 6-piece-box is also same like this from Butterfly and the sticker on this box, too.
So for me, it was doubtless, that the rubber is produced 100% in Japan. And also the feeling of playing this rubber, the spin, the contact time of ball on the rubber, it´s original japanese style.

Because I was not 100% sure, where the rubber is produced, I asked Tibhar company. They told me, that they can give informations to all other Tibhar rubbers, where they are produced, for example Speedy Spin, Vari Spin, Nianmor, Grass (Japan), Grip-S (China), Genius, Aurus, 1Q and 5Q rubbers (germany), but they give no informations about their Evolution rubbers, where the rubber is produced or which parts of the complete rubber is produced in which country.

Then I asked a person, who is very very close to Tibhar company. He told me, that it is a big secret and the parts of the rubber are not produced only in one country. It told me, it is a "HCP". I asked, what means "HCP" and he told, it is a "hybrid construction project", but he cannot say more about it.

I inquired then again to Tibhar company, and argued, that the rubber size, the feeling and spin of the Evolution, the package with sticker and the 6-piece-box with sticker, everything is telling me, that the rubber comes from Japan. Tibhar told me again, that they can´t (don´t want) answer any question to these rubbers, everything is told on the description on the package and in onlinestores and catalogs and furthermore the product design must nothing mean concerning the production places, because one of the main markets for the Evolution rubbers is Japan, so it would be not surprising, if the product design is adapted especial for the japanese market.
They added in their response, that it should not be important, in which countries a product is produced, because the vital importance is, that the product is good and from a high quality with a great performance and they are happy, that they produced a high-end product with unique selling proposition and special stand-alone features.

I've been thinking for some time about their answer and I think they are right, because for sure, the most important thing is, that a rubber is playing very good and has a great feeling and the rubber is not better or worse, if it is produced in Hongkong, France, Germany, Japan, USA or India and also the name of a product is only important for marketing, but does not change the performance of a rubber (so I would like playing with the Evolution rubber same, if it would be called "elephant 0:11"-rubber  ;)).

We table tennis player, there happens too much in our head and sometimes we think about things, which are not really important and forget the really important things.

And also to you, kolevtt: Sorry, but if you really think, that Andro Rasant and Tibhar Evolution MX-P are the same rubbers, you really don´t know so much about rubbers or/and you are no good skilled player.

Andro Rasant is softer than MX-P, I think Rasant has 44-45° sponge hardness and MX-P has 47-48°.

It is stupid, to think, that all rubbers from ESN in one generation, are all the same.

Tibhar Nimbus Sound, Nimbus Soft, Nimbus Medium, Nimbus
Andro Plasma 380, Plasma 430, Plasma 470
Donic Coppa Silver, Sonex JP Gold, Gold
Joola Energy X-Soft, Energy Xtra, Energy

Tibhar Sinus Sound, Sinus Alpha, Sinus
Andro Roxon 450, Roxon 500
Donic Platin Soft, Platin
Joola Express X-Soft, Express One, Express Two

Tibhar Genius+ Optimum Sound, Genius Sound, Genius+ Optimum, Genius, Aurus Sound, Aurus Soft, Aurus
Andro Hexer Powersponge, Hexer Duro, Hexer+, Hexer, Hexer HD
Donic Baracuda Big Slam, Baracuda, Acuda S1 Turbo, S1, S2, S3, Coppa X1, X2, X3
Joola Xplode Sensitive, Xplode
Adidas P7, P5, P3, R6, R4
Xiom Vega Pro, Vega Asia, Vega Europe, Vega Elite, Omega Pro, Omega Asia, Omega Europe, Omega Elite 

Tibhar 1Q, 1Q-XD, 5Q
Andro Rasant
Donic Bluefire M1, M2, M3
Joola Rhyzm 375, Rhyzm 425, Rhyzm
Adidas Tenzone, Tenzone SF
Xiom Sigma Pro, Sigma Europe, ... 

These all rubbers are not all the same. Sometimes you´ll find nearly identic rubbers, some are not equal and some are completly different, some have alone-standing features.

If you really think, that it does not matter, which rubber from each "family / generation" you choose, your really have no feeling in your hand.

I recommend to everybody, to test by your self Andro Rasant and Tibhar Evolution MX-P and compare both rubbers and you will see significant differences. I tried both rubbers and I know what I am talking, so try it and you will see and notice, what I wrote here.

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 8:11pm
I think customers have a right to know where the product is made. In some countries it may well be Law to mark the product with a "made in XXX".
Usually when a rubber is not marked as such, it means it's made in China.... it does not sound like this one is though...

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 8:23pm
Woowww Thank you for your long explanation!
I just shared my own impressions with the community here!

So the ESN have been sent their topsheet to Japan and the people there just glued the topsheet on their japanese or another made sponges.
Of course everyone can plays what he wants... and you are right!
Thank you once again for your info!

Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 8:29pm
Thanks and for haggisv!
It seems other situation is possible - the sponges are imported from China to Japan, like the meaning of haggisv. And for what is the all imitation of activity? Who will be impressed?
If you don't know - I will tell you...here in Bulgaria now there is a new factory for assembling chinese cars. And all the parts are chinese for now I think. But if the shops are selling these cars in another market, on the cars you won't see MADE IN CHINA, but you will see MADE IN EU/BG, probably.

Posted By: GoldenDragoon
Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 8:31pm
I had a brand new Rasant, El-P and M2 in front of me just the other day and I thought the EL-P sponge looked identical to the Rasant.

-------------
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red

Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 8:38pm
Yes, but you could never know, because "made in" can mean several things:

- 100% "made in Germany" or "made in Japan", if 100% of the product is produced in one of these countrys!?

- "made in Germany" or "made in Japan", if the sponge was produced in germany and the topsheet was produced in japan!?

- "made in France", if the sponge was produced in germany and the topsheet was produced in japan and they glue it together in france!?

- "made in germany", if the sponge was produced in japan and the topsheet was produced in japan and they glue it together in germany!?

- "made in japan", if the sponge was produced in germany and the topsheet was produced in germany and they glue it together in japan!?

- "made in japan", if the 51% of the product (51% of all, sponge, topsheet, packaging, stickers, 6-pieces-box, etc.) was produced in japan or 51% of the work was done in japan (glueing sponge and topsheet together, putting the rubber in the packaging, putting stickers on the packaging, putting the rubber in his packaging into the 6-piece-box, etc.)

- "made in germany", if the 51% of the product (51% of all, sponge, topsheet, packaging, stickers, 6-pieces-box, etc.) was produced in germany or 51% of the work was done in germany (glueing sponge and topsheet together, putting the rubber in the packaging, putting stickers on the packaging, putting the rubber in his packaging into the 6-piece-box, etc.)

...think about re-imports, etc.

It is all a question of definition.

And what advantage do you have, if the rubber is 100% made in japan, 100% made in germany or 50% japan / 50% germany!? It will make no difference, even if the rubber is "made in north-korea or south-africa, because the only important thing is, that the rubber is good. And I think this is without doubt, if you read all reviews, that nearly everybody says, the rubber has a good spin and is very good. Will the rubber not be anymore very good, if you would know, that the production had been made in another country!? Would it be a sh*t rubber, if you would know, the rubber is "made in brazil" or "made in new zealand"!?

I think, it should be the right of tibhar company, (completly independent of that, in which country the rubber was produced), to design their product, packaging and stickers as they want, to have the maximum success on the japanese market, if they want to succeed especially there with this rubber.
It is normal, to translate important parts of products into this language, on which market you want to land. If Tibhar company had the target, to land with the Evolution rubbers especially on the russian market, you could be sure, that there would be russian translations on the rubber and rubber packaging and the design would be 100% like the russians are used to and love it.

Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

I had a brand new Rasant, El-P and M2 in front of me just the other day and I thought the EL-P sponge looked identical to the Rasant.
Did you only look at the sponge of Rasant, EL-P and M2 or did you test it?

I think, the Rasant and the M2 are much closer to the EL-P, that to the MX-P.  Between Rasant, M2 and MX-P is a much bigger difference. 

Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

It seems other situation is possible - the sponges are imported from China to Japan, like the meaning of haggisv.
This would be for me no problem, if the sponges would come from China (think about the rubber Grip-S Europe, with the red sponge, which was used sometime by Liu Shiwen and Guo Yue, this sponge is also "made in china"!). Really, it would make for me no difference. The sponge could also be "made in india", for me no problem. And why? Because the rubber is unbelievable good and I like the Evolution rubbers and are playing it on forehand and backhand. And I wouldn´t throw them of my blade, if I would know, it is "made in russia". It is not important for the performance of a rubber, if it is "made in japan" oder "made in japan" or "50/50 japan/germany production". 

If you don't know - I will tell you...here in Bulgaria now there is a new factory for assembling chinese cars. And all the parts are chinese for now I think. But if the shops are selling these cars in another market, on the cars you won't see MADE IN CHINA, but you will see MADE IN EU/BG, probably.
Yes, you tell it my yourself! A factory in Bulgaria is taking all parts from china to put together a "100%" (!?) chinese car, which is "produced" (!?) in Bulgaria and how I told, it is a question of definition: It is "made in EU/Bulgaria"...  The car would not be better or worse, if it had printed on the cars "made in china" and it would also make no difference, if the chief of this company will take his complete factory with all employees and go to Romania and they will "produce" the "chinese" car there in romania from bulgarian employees and will print on the cars "made in romania".

You understand what I mean!?

The REALLY IMPORTANT thing is only, if the product is good or not! Nothing else matters. If I will try a new blade, "made in sweden" or "made in japan" and this blade would be not good for me, it helps me nothing, that the blade comes from a traditonal blade-producing-country.

Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 11:03pm
Walee76 - thank you once again for your explanation, but I think we all are a smart persons and we clearly understood your meaning. I just shared my experience with the "new" tibhar rubber and you made so long and repeated in its meaning explanation, that I felt you are thinking I am born in the forest...
Let me ask you something as friend to friend. If you know the advantages of the old massive German cars and you are able to buy new luxory car from the same brand - would you buy a new "German"car with "french" motor, made in Morocco, with integrated installation from Zimbabwe, chinese wheels and tyres, brakes and body parts, turkish non-original leather.......with stamp and logo of the same GREAT GERMAN BRAND for tooooooooooooo high price?
So - I will tell you I won't buy that kind of a german car for toooooooooooo high price!!!
I understand you liked this rubber very much, it is your choice.
But I think If I knew it is only with ESN topsheet - I won't buy this rubber.
Okay? 
Thank you!

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Walee76 Walee76 wrote:

Then I asked a person, who is very very close to Tibhar company. He told me, that it is a big secret and the parts of the rubber are not produced only in one country. It told me, it is a "HCP". I asked, what means "HCP" and he told, it is a "hybrid construction project", but he cannot say more about it.

This is what I have suspected all along--at least as a possiblity--that as with the Project 12 rubber from Soulspin, the sponge, top sheet, and possibly even final gluing assembly are all done in different places.  Anyway, I also don't care where they make it if it is good and preferably cheaper than Tenergy.

Posted By: vutiendat1337
Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

This is what I have suspected all along--at least as a possiblity--that as with the Project 12 rubber from Soulspin, the sponge, top sheet, and possibly even final gluing assembly are all done in different places.  Anyway, I also don't care where they make it if it is good and preferably cheaper than Tenergy.

As far as I know, that prices for Evolution series is still quite steep. I know it's 20 bucks cheaper than Tenergy, though. For what is worth, based on the reviews and impressions, for me Bluefire from Tibike or ttnpp is still the best deal out there Approve

-------------
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40320&title=feedbackvutiendat1337" rel="nofollow - Feedback me

Posted By: peter79
Date Posted: 02/05/2013 at 11:49pm
Thanks Kolevtt for this info. There's no other rubber will plays exactly the same to tenergy. So for tenergy lover, just buy tenergy rather than spend more money to find any other rubber that plays the same.
Even different weight of tenergy will play a bit different.

-------------
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 12:17am
Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

As far as I know, that prices for Evolution series is still quite steep. I know it's 20 bucks cheaper than Tenergy, though. For what is worth, based on the reviews and impressions, for me Bluefire from Tibike or ttnpp is still the best deal out there Approve

$50 from Dandoy.  That's $30 less than T05, per side, and probably the price will come down.  Bluefire still a little cheaper for the time being, but a little competition is a good thing.  TTNPP has Bluefire for $38, and Dandoy for $41.  I personally think MX-P is better than the Bluefire rubbers I have tried, but BF is not bad.

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 12:23am
Still the topsheet of T-gy is one of the best, but the sponge - I like very much Aurus Soft!

Posted By: Mickael
Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 2:11am
All andro players and donic players are using tenergy, except samsonov is using evolution rubbers. Hope these players could replace tenergy so we could do. Note that they train 40 hours a week we can't do that, if these rubbers are really good we would have seen them using them. I think

-------------
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

All andro players and donic players are using tenergy, except samsonov is using evolution rubbers. Hope these players could replace tenergy so we could do. Note that they train 40 hours a week we can't do that, if these rubbers are really good we would have seen them using them. I think

In the recent interview with Patrick Baum conducted by ttimpossible. Patty said that he's using Bluefire series. I would think twice to take this info for granted but who knows, he might have been saying the truth Shocked

-------------
bty petr korbel st
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40320&title=feedbackvutiendat1337" rel="nofollow - Feedback me

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 2:26am
This would be the Russian design for Tibhar Evolution RU-S Wink

Posted By: vic#74
Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 4:46am
Really? Funny

-------------
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 5:58am
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56787&title=fs-rubbes-and-blades-tibhar-butterflytsp-new - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56787&title=fs-rubbes-and-blades-tibhar-butterflytsp-new

This is the link you can buy a new sheet of Tibhar's rubbers for good price if you want to test. The choice for the model is yours. I warrant for this seller.

Posted By: carmelomaf
Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 6:33am

it is just my opinion/imagination, I have no proof

but looking and playing the rubbers ( I played already all three version) here are my possible options:

1. the sponge is from ESN, the Topsheet from China and they are assembled and tuned by ESN

2. the sponge is from ESN, the Topsheet from China and they are assembled and tuned in China

3. the sponge is from ESN, the Topsheet from Japan and they are assembled and tuned in China (quite possible)

3. the sponge is from ESN, the Topsheet from China and they are assembled and tuned in Japan

For me the sponge is from ESN and playing the rubbers I have somehow the feeling to play with a non tacky china rubber , especially during the first 2 or 3 tranings

as I already wrote down, I have no proof or information about I’m just speculating about

-------------
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 7:03am
Lot of people tested EVOLUTION  rubbers think the rubber is not made in japan.
Because "made in japan" means just higher quality. Samsonov plays what the manager gave him.
We all are familiar Samsonov played the last EC in Poland with T05, it's not kind of secret, because it is visible in the video from the tournament. I saw and Karakasevich is using T05 by himself. Too pity he is injured now, but I wish him to return more stronger after time and do not refuse participation in tournaments, I will miss his unbelievable backhand!!!! Go Sale!!!You are the man!!!

Finally, I doubt this rubber will be like new in the hand of Samsonov after 2-3 hours hard counter-loops.
Good luck to all tt friends in the future testing of a new equipment!
Thumbs Up

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 8:12am

Originally posted by vutiendat1337 vutiendat1337 wrote:

$50 from Dandoy.  That's $30 less than T05, per side, and probably the price will come down.  Bluefire still a little cheaper for the time being, but a little competition is a good thing.  TTNPP has Bluefire for $38, and Dandoy for $41.  I personally think MX-P is better than the Bluefire rubbers I have tried, but BF is not bad.

http://www.timtts.be now has it too for 35 Euros if you live outside the US, VAT free, shipping free.  That is about $50 too.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: carmelomaf
Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 8:51am

Samsonov plays what the manager gave him. We all are familiar Samsonov played the last EC in Poland with T05, it's not kind of secret, because it is visible in the video from the tournament.

show me a picture please

-------------
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany

Posted By: roger_rabbit
Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 11:23am
Hi, I found these Tibhar MX-P pics from german table tennis forum.

This is after 3 weeks, and 25 hours of playing time.

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3147/8jxgaeei_jpg.htm - http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3147/8jxgaeei_jpg.htm

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3147/ortvrhec_jpg.htm - http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3147/ortvrhec_jpg.htm

Make your own opinion.

PS: The rubber is cleaned. White dots are from the mobile cam(dusts)

-------------
Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Posted By: cmetsbeltran15
Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 11:35am

Sorry, but if you really think, that Andro Rasant and Tibhar Evolution MX-P are the same rubbers, you really don´t know so much about rubbers or/and you are no good skilled player.

Andro Rasant is softer than MX-P, I think Rasant has 44-45° sponge hardness and MX-P has 47-48°.

LOL

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 1:16pm
Yes, I am not so good skilled player (around 2400 USATT) and I don't understand table tennis equipment like you (If you are Professor, I am only Bachelor in Table Tennis).
Walee76 - you don't need to be Samsonov to see that these rubbers are not the same but they are similiar.

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 2:04pm
why do we get emotional in handling contradictions? why can't we have a objective and spirited debate without having to disrespect a person with conflicting views? 

Forums are for sharing different opinions. Can we learn to differ as 'friendly' 'adults'? 

-------------

Posted By: AMonteiro
Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 2:14pm
I belive this rubber is 100% made by ESN. This japanese letters and hybrid project is just to get Tenergy users at least to try it.. 

-------------
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 2:17pm
It seems Walee76 has something personal to this rubber.
If I like Aurus Soft I won't write something against the players who don't like it. And I still think these rubbers Mx-p and Rasant are almost the same. Also I think Q1 is with better quality topsheet than aurus and evolution. But it is also heavy hard speedy rubber, while Aurus Soft gives me more lighter feel and control.

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 2:18pm

It seems Walee76 has something personal to this rubber.
If I like Aurus Soft I won't write something against the players who don't like it. And I still think these rubbers Mx-p and Rasant are almost the same. Also I think Q1 is with better quality topsheet than aurus and evolution. But it is also heavy hard speedy rubber, while Aurus Soft gives me more lighter feel and control.

Yea, based on his comments, one can sense a strong promotion vibe Thumbs Down

-------------
bty petr korbel st

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 3:54pm

You don't need to be Samsonov to see that these rubbers are not the same but they are similiar.

+1

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 4:23pm

No matter how similar, we ordered Rasant only once and never repeated. While there are already 10 rubbers ordered of Evolution. Eagerly waiting for MX-S. So far Walee76 is the only one who tried them. BTW, what does S stand for?

Date Posted: 02/06/2013 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

No matter how similar, we ordered Rasant only once and never repeated. While there are already 10 rubbers ordered of Evolution. Eagerly waiting for MX-S. So far Walee76 is the only one who tried them. BTW, what does S stand for?

OFFTOPIC!!!
Oooooo Imago, thank you for your direct involvement!
Almost two years I haven't meet you!
I still have two rubbers for you T05 1.7 in great condition!!! These rubbers are waiting for you! If you forgot I can help you to remember with my topic here in mytt.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43284 - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43284
It seems you are moderator now! Congratulations! Clap
That kind of "shmenti-kapeli" person like you is just great to be moderator here.
After these 2 years I still haven't meet another person who can exposed himself in "bad light" just for 25 euro. You are unique! ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
http://tabletennis-bg.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4312&st=0 - http://tabletennis-bg.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4312&st=0

http://tabletennis-bg.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4312&st=0 -

Posted By: koshkin
Date Posted: 02/07/2013 at 1:01am
I have been playing with Evolution MX-P on my BH for a bit now.  I overall like the rubber, and if I had to guess, I would say it is made in Germany by ESN.  I like hard rubbers, so it fits my BH well.  It is not too dissimialr from other hard sponge/stiff topsheet version of the latest ESN tensors.  It gives me a little more bit that Aurus and a little more speed than Adidas P5 (which has similarly crisp feel).

Overall, it is a nice and well-rounded offensive rubber.  I still do not like it on the FH.  The only marginally suitable FH rubber from ESN (for me) is the black Adidas P5.  For some reason I have not yet seen a suitable red topsheet from ESN.

I suspect a lot of my impressions are due to an unusual blade I play with: it is a thin (sub 5mm) and flexible custom 3-ply blade by BC with hard and utlra thin outer plies.  It has an interesting combination of long dwell time when I need it and hard crisp feel when I do not.

The next rubber I will try on the FH is T80.  Up to know I have been playing with T25FX on the FH for the most part.

ILya

-------------
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05

Date Posted: 02/07/2013 at 1:07am
Tip to Walee76: Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. Wink

To the topic: Rasant is certainly softer than MX-P and almost mushy as compared to it.

Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by Tibhar, in fact, I am sponsoring them by buying almost every other day one of their evolutions.

Date Posted: 02/07/2013 at 5:14am
Imago is sponsoring tibhar via purposeful persuasion the players in his club they will do their best with this or other rubber. Meanwhile, he is using the moment to post his valuable opinion for one or other on basis his own 1700 USATT rating's skills. I tried to help him just once and personally for 3 hours, but I found the situation is hopeless. Even he was agreed with this fact. And the one thing that Imago is doing now is to teach others.
I have nothing against the opinion of any player, no matter his ability. But 1000 players are talking Evolution is ESN German rubber, it is more than visible.
If the factory for cars here in Bulgaria makes with the same quality (same materials) Lada and Mercedes, but the Mercedes is double priced, only because it is with the logo and form of Mercedes, I will prefer the Lada, I won't pay for the brand. And.....
I will leave Imago's wrestling with himself for now.
Good day for all!

Posted By: smackman
Date Posted: 02/07/2013 at 6:26am
whats the subject?

-------------
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website

Posted By: GoldenDragoon
Date Posted: 02/07/2013 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Tip to Walee76: Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. Wink

To the topic: Rasant is certainly softer than MX-P and almost mushy as compared to it.

Disclaimer: I am not sponsored by Tibhar, in fact, I am sponsoring them by buying almost every other day one of their evolutions.

I doubt there is much difference. I have Rasant and EL-P both on one blade. Rasant definatley feels harder and by a decent margin.

-------------
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red

Date Posted: 02/07/2013 at 7:44am
Surprisingly, FX-P feels tighter than EL-P, although it is softer, or at least, this is what the durometer says. Yet, we are comparing MX-P to Rasant, not EL-P. Besides, your Rasant is 1.7 mm and the durometer will show that, on the blade, it is at least 5 d harder than the same rubber with 2.1 mm sponge.

Date Posted: 02/08/2013 at 12:59am
I bought a couple sheets and glued them onto one of my Viscarias.  (I rarely buy new rubbers to try for last few years, being pretty set on T05, but I tried a friend's MP-X and liked it enough to give it a longer trial).  Here is what I think now.  (1) MP-X has pretty strong booster smell out of the package and after 24 hr, but not as strong as Bluefire.  Based on smell, it is not exactly the same booster as whatever they put in Bluefire, but similar.  (2) Top sheet is quite shiny in appearance and very very grippy in an almost tacky kind of way.  It's not a Chinese kind of tacky or anythhing at all like that, but it is different from the stuff I am used to seeing.  Looks quite different from T05 top sheet which is more matted in appearance.  (3) Sponge reminds me a lot of a Tenergy sponge.  Weighs about same as T05.  But quite a bit harder.  (4).  In play it feels a lot harder than T05.  Not mushy feel at all.  I like the mushy feel of T05, but I like this too even though quite different.  It is crisp.  Loud also.  I really feel a jarring thud when the ball hits the blade.  (5)   Distinctly and without question faster than T05, possibly even faster than T64, although that is from fairly distant memory of T64.  I could still play offensive shots at a wide range of paces but was not in general hitting those really high arcing balls.  I tended to want to play faster in rallies.  The feel was almost compelling me to do it.  Interesting.    (6)  Throws quite a bit lower than T05, but still a medium throw rubber.  (7) Very spinny on all kinds of loops, opens, counterloops.  After bounce, ball tends to dive because of heavy spin.   (8)  Hard sponge gives nice feel in short game, return of serve.  (9)  It will take some adjustment to get used to the feel of my serve with the harder overall feel, but I had no trouble keeping serve low and short as ever.  But nothing felt quite normal.  (10)  All in all, pretty easy to adjust to playing with this after T05, even with all its differences.  There are still some things I haven't quite worked out, but felt like some of my shots had a lot of penetration tonight, especially after a few hours.  I think my level was pretty much the same as ever.  (11)  I got it for 37 Euros per sheet from Dandoy, with shipping ended up around $100 for a pair.  Much less than T05 if you have to buy two sheets each time!  Only thing that worries me a little is the booster smell, and I wonder if it will lose performance fairly quickly -- or alternatively, get better as it wears off.  I have no idea where this stuff is made or by whom.  I haven't seen all that many of the recent ESN rubbers (actually only Bluefire M1, M2, Rhyzm, P5).  I like this quite a bit more than any of those (even though I found M1 and M2 not bad, and P5 useable, MP-X was really for me much better than these).  I am as yet undecided if I like it better or less than T05.  The fact that I am undecided on this point is quite remarkable.      

Posted By: slevin
Date Posted: 02/08/2013 at 1:29am
Thanks for the great review, Baal. At $50, my concern is that it is basically the same price as T05 - if we get it from Japan, it works out to about $64 per sheet. I'm assuming that T05's durability is better than MX-P, hence that extra $14 gives a longer lasting rubber. Although BH_Man's opinion seems to be the opposite regarding T05's durability as compared to Aurus / Evolution.

-------------
Trade feedback:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787

Date Posted: 02/08/2013 at 1:44am
You can get it from http://mytabletennis.net/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=27574 - olimpsport for 33 Euros plus 3-5 euro shipping depending on location and quantity.

Sorry for the shameless add Wink

Date Posted: 02/08/2013 at 6:04am
I posted the topic of my friend Vladi Tsvqtkov yet. He is very responsible seller!
Everyone can buy this rubber from him without any doubt. Including delivery all over the world this rubber will cost around 38 Euro ($51).

Date Posted: 02/08/2013 at 9:56am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Thanks for the great review, Baal. At $50, my concern is that it is basically the same price as T05 - if we get it from Japan, it works out to about $64 per sheet. I'm assuming that T05's durability is better than MX-P, hence that extra $14 gives a longer lasting rubber. Although BH_Man's opinion seems to be the opposite regarding T05's durability as compared to Aurus / Evolution.

Maybe the Tibhar price will come down.  I can't comment on durability at all for MP-X. 

Posted By: assiduous
Date Posted: 02/08/2013 at 1:04pm
there are so many deals on Tibhar. I got mine for $32 shipped. Just combine a big order with someone  and split. 
Does not work for BTY though.

-------------
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Date Posted: 02/08/2013 at 3:32pm
Actually if they are smart they will drop the price a bit and grab some of the Tenergy market now.

Posted By: BH-Man
Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 3:59am

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Maybe the Tibhar price will come down.  I can't comment on durability at all for MP-X. 

Evolution for me deteriorated at about the same rate for Aurus playing daily 3-4 hours on FH really smacking it. I has MX-P 3 weeks, it was a week old when I got it (Nexy had one session with it) and it looked like I could get another 5-6 wekks out of it, just about the same (2+ months of daily 3-4 hrs) from Aurus.

As for Tenergy, it really starts to edge crumble the first week and by week 3, it is really sucky in that deptment AND the performance really begins to drop off the cliff. Aurus to plays like a great rubber the first week, then like a really good rubber for hte next 2 weeks with no drop-off, with the edge deterioration getting progressively worse like most modern rubbers.

I get Aurus pretty cheap here locally and am quite happy with it. I could get MX-P for well under $50, but with Aurus so cheap and satisfying, I haven't bought any new sheets of MX-P yet, but BAAL is doing his best with his posts at OOAK to get me to toss some in the shopping basket on my next mission to NEXY HQ.

-------------
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 4:02am

Actually if they are smart they will drop the price a bit and grab some of the Tenergy market now.

U R right, but the way they priced Aurus, Genius and others, they would have to really reconsider their entire lineup and such a company prolly wants to pimp Evolution as a pro level premium level that will cost a little extra.

I loved MX-P and it suited my Fh topspin game to a Capital T, but I still haven't made a bum-rush to the store to stock up on it at its current price.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 4:28pm
With respect to durability, the main thing I'm wondering about -- and will know in due course -- is how the evaporation of factor-applied booster will affect it.  It smells pretty strong, albeit not quite as much as Bluefire.  By contrast, I can't smell any booster in Tenergy -- which of course could just mean they use something different to get the same effect-- or that for whatever reason my nose doesn't detect it.  The deterioration of Tenergy I always thought was due to the topsheet, and for me at least, I always felt that crumbling around edges was not affecting performance.  It was infuriating, though, for an $80 rubber!  I was usually pretty happy with T05 playing qualities for quite a bit longer than three weeks.  Also, you can markedly reduce crumbling of all these rubbers with large sized edge-tape.  Still, I agree that there was always signs of trauma on the edges of my T05 usually within the first week, which invariably pissed me off, and that is not happening with my MX-P.  

Today, I liked MX-P even more.  It is really easy to make a transition to this from T05.  It is faster and lower and plenty spinny, and feels very much harder, which you think would make the change more difficult, but it is also pretty forgiving.  I really like it a lot.  I feel like I am not sacrificing anything compared to T05, and that is a first for me.  Different feel, but a nice feel.  So as someone noted, the issue will be durability, and we will soon know, but so far so good.

Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 8:34pm
I am happy with my topic I organized here so long and useful discussion. Everybody can read all posts in the topic and after that to calculate : Is MX-P his choice or not. It will be better if you have possibilities just to test this rubber by yourself! Wink

Posted By: assiduous
Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 8:54pm
no, kolev, it was not right for u to make ur own topic when a bigger topic for Evolution was already going. Now the information and comments are split in two places. The things we do for a little attention..

-------------
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:20pm

I am happy with my topic I organized here so long and useful discussion. Everybody can read all posts in the topic and after that to calculate : Is MX-P his choice or not. It will be better if you have possibilities just to test this rubber by yourself! Wink

Yep.  I would suggest never buying any rubber that you haven't tried yourself unless the joy of trying something new is what motivates you, and then you don't care if you end up not liking it.  The only reason I bought MX-P was because I tried it on a friend's blade first. 

(I actually bought a sheet of Bluefire without trying it, but only because I was traveling in Germany, stopped into a TT shop, and felt like I should not leave empty handed -- even though they didn't have anything I really wanted.  In US, we really don't have TT shops you can walk into,).

Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

no, kolev, it was not right for u to make ur own topic when a bigger topic for Evolution was already going. Now the information and comments are split in two places. The things we do for a little attention..

I think given the number of Tenergy threads -- and especially "what is a good alternative to Tenergy" threads -- we can actually accommodate two Evo threads.

Posted By: jatienza930
Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:34pm
Coming from BF M1 then Rasant, this rubber has definitely got my attention now LOL

-------------
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback

Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:35pm

With respect to durability, the main thing I'm wondering about -- and will know in due course -- is how the evaporation of factor-applied booster will affect it.  It smells pretty strong, albeit not quite as much as Bluefire.  By contrast, I can't smell any booster in Tenergy -- which of course could just mean they use something different to get the same effect-- or that for whatever reason my nose doesn't detect it.  The deterioration of Tenergy I always thought was due to the topsheet, and for me at least, I always felt that crumbling around edges was not affecting performance.  It was infuriating, though, for an $80 rubber!  I was usually pretty happy with T05 playing qualities for quite a bit longer than three weeks.  Also, you can markedly reduce crumbling of all these rubbers with large sized edge-tape.  Still, I agree that there was always signs of trauma on the edges of my T05 usually within the first week, which invariably pissed me off, and that is not happening with my MX-P.  

Today, I liked MX-P even more.  It is really easy to make a transition to this from T05.  It is faster and lower and plenty spinny, and feels very much harder, which you think would make the change more difficult, but it is also pretty forgiving.  I really like it a lot.  I feel like I am not sacrificing anything compared to T05, and that is a first for me.  Different feel, but a nice feel.  So as someone noted, the issue will be durability, and we will soon know, but so far so good.

Baal,

Will continue to wait on your final answer to the durability question.  Might not buy MX-P, but I need to know the Evo series is durable before buying it - was pretty disappointed by Bluefire.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:36pm
Yes. I will let you know as the rubber ages how it goes.  It is a very reasonable question.

Date Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:59pm
no vesko,

I thinkfor now the MX-P rubber is the "S" class among the new TIBHAR rubbers.  This is the reason I posted separately topic for it. If there is separately topic for this rubber only - sorry, I will be careful the next time.
But there are lot of topics for T05,T25 and T64, including comparison, reviews and other useful info about them. Why do not post separately topic for MX-P?
I think I have a good touch about the materials for table tennis and for sure I am very reliable source.
If you think I have something wrong written, tell me please what you don't understand and I will try to explain you once again.
I do not post very often here and I am trying always to write all imaginations I have about the topic posted.
Unlike you, posting in mytt for me is not a kind of searching attention.1147 posts from 01/05/2011 up to this moment! If you change the word "we" just with "Ï" in your last sentence it is very possible to understand what I am talking about. 
My next friendly advice to you will be : More trainings in the tt hall, little spamming in the forum.
And only to ask you - how many from your posts are including important information? 1/5, 1/10, or 1/20? And how many of your post are including "teaching, notes, or just spam? 1/2, 2/5 or 9/10?
Are you coach? Or high level player for so many notes to the other forum members? I don't think so.
In spite of the MX-P is not suitable for me, I think the players using Rasant will like more MX-P! But everything finished in the personal view and feelings.

Date Posted: 02/12/2013 at 9:20am
A note on the durability front.  It's early days, but my MX-P has now had encounters with the table already that would have taken chunks out of the edges of my T05.  And it still looks like new.I like it more each time I play with it.

Date Posted: 02/12/2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

was pretty disappointed by Bluefire.

CryCryCryCry

-------------
bty petr korbel st

Date Posted: 02/12/2013 at 3:23pm
Compared MX-P, Xiom Sigma II pro (just launched), Tenergy 80, 1Q-XD, 1Q side by side. 

Liked 1Q-XD most .... the most spinny and poweful and stable and doesn't change much with time, and fast, and behaved, and great blocks and acceptable pushes.... and and and...

Next best Sigma 2 pro and mx-p are very good with s2p being tad faster and mx-p being little spinnier but same type of feel. i will use one of these 2 rubbers on my fh... while 1Q-XD on BH. 

Tenergy 80... as good as these rubbers for first 2 days.. third day, which was also the last day i played with it... the feel changed became more 'tenergyish' and i didn't like it any more. 

1Q was very good in feel...could have been a great rubber.. but the low throw ...lower than i like. 

Actually i figured if you pick an ESN rubber which has been launched in last 6 months.. and if you pick the right hardness... you just cannot go wrong!!! ... 

But if you like chinese rubbers and wouldn't mind a boost of spin speed and hard sponge feel... you gotta ...gotta try 1Q-Xd. i never thought i will like a hard sponged rubber on BH.... frankly it has certain disadvantages for BH... but i win so many points in opening loops with whirling spin, that i compromise some BH counterlooping control. i wont recommend it for bh though.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/12/2013 at 3:43pm
Yeah - way too many good rubbers out there - so time to stop EJing and get some coaching!

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: Carryboy
Date Posted: 02/12/2013 at 4:04pm
debraj, you make me want to try the 1Q-XD!! Trying the Acuda S1 now and while not bad I find it kind of non linear and a tad slow. I am not sure if it is the blade, or blade rubber combination. Maybe I am just use to the bite of these new generation rubbers. However the spin on the Acuda S1 with the new top sheet is quite good and the blocks and control is just brilliant!!!

I was thinking MX-P but the 1Q-XD does sound good.

-------------
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max

Date Posted: 02/13/2013 at 3:24am
carryboy... depends on what you are looking for.

speedwise all three rubbers are close. 

spinwise mx-p and 1q-xd both spinnier than acuda s1 on most strokes. 

Reliabilitywise 1Q-XD >> mx-p>Acuda S1

with 1Q-Xd you know everytime how exactly the ball is gonna leave your paddle after hitting.. and where it is gonna land. but yes it is more demanding ...just like h3 is also more demanding. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02/13/2013 at 3:47am
Okay i didn't want to hastily conclude... but now after playing some more.. i too think MX-P feels more Japanese than ESN.

But this is not tenergy type japanese... but very calibra-ish. calibra and boost series rubbers are produced in a diff japanese factory than tenergy. These rubbers dont hold the ball as long as ESN rubbers.. it too gives the feeling of sucking in and sucking out like ESN .. but quicker like calibra.

Also the fact that topsheet durability is less.. like Calibra...

-------------

Posted By: seguso
Date Posted: 02/13/2013 at 4:17am
debraj, you make 1q-XD look very attractive. :)

I am not sure how it compares with Aurus. I read somewhere it has higher throw; some say it is harder, some say it is softer...

-------------
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - https://youtu.be/dBMqj0CN7XU" rel="nofollow - 2015 video

Posted By: right2niru
Date Posted: 02/13/2013 at 4:20am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Compared MX-P, Xiom Sigma II pro (just launched), Tenergy 80, 1Q-XD, 1Q side by side. 

Liked 1Q-XD most .... the most spinny and poweful and stable and doesn't change much with time, and fast, and behaved, and great blocks and acceptable pushes.... and and and...

Next best Sigma 2 pro and mx-p are very good with s2p being tad faster and mx-p being little spinnier but same type of feel. i will use one of these 2 rubbers on my fh... while 1Q-XD on BH. 

Tenergy 80... as good as these rubbers for first 2 days.. third day, which was also the last day i played with it... the feel changed became more 'tenergyish' and i didn't like it any more. 

1Q was very good in feel...could have been a great rubber.. but the low throw ...lower than i like. 

Actually i figured if you pick an ESN rubber which has been launched in last 6 months.. and if you pick the right hardness... you just cannot go wrong!!! ... 

But if you like chinese rubbers and wouldn't mind a boost of spin speed and hard sponge feel... you gotta ...gotta try 1Q-Xd. i never thought i will like a hard sponged rubber on BH.... frankly it has certain disadvantages for BH... but i win so many points in opening loops with whirling spin, that i compromise some BH counterlooping control. i wont recommend it for bh though.

Is your backhand opening more brushing or sponge engaging ? Reason i ask is I do not trust the top sheets with these modern tensors which don't last more than 3-4 weeks of training and playing . I feel lot of these modern tensors expect one to engage sponge (including 1Q which I tried on BH) to be consistent unlike older Mark V or sriver . I liked 1Q on FH than BH however when I tried it on BH I noticed sometimes pushes went dead though i engaged the sponge and wasn't expecting it and passive blocks were kinda hard. perhaps xD may be good option if it isn't as heavy as 1Q.

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Date Posted: 02/13/2013 at 5:20am
Hello friends,

Please stop with your SPAM in this topic. The topic is for Tibhar MX-P !!!
If somebody needs info ONLY for this rubber...he will be forced to read all feelings somebody has/have had to another rubbers and so on. Somebody posted he is crying, another member asked for another rubbers....These things are so far from the topic and I think this is SPAM.
Don't be spammers, please! Lot of people are reading this REVIEW and imaginations of the forum members who tested the rubber MX-P are welcome, also questions about the rubber too.
Make this forum more useful!
Thank you!!!

Date Posted: 02/13/2013 at 4:21pm
Any suggestions on the kinds of blades MX-P would be most compatible with?

I am going to try it out but (like always) I do not want to disturb my primary set-up (Qabod / M2 / M2). Hence, I have two brand new blades (86g TB-ALC and 85g TB-ZLC) that I can choose from.

I'm guessing that it probably goes better with the ALC given that it is faster than T05?

-------------
Trade feedback:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787

Date Posted: 02/13/2013 at 4:23pm
with 1q-xd my opening loop is very brushy.. as you can see in later part of this video, during match practice. (i'm wearing green and 1Q-XD red on my BH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcnmLGTHb8

Now as for durability... im playing the same sheet since last 4-5 months... hard sponge rubbers deteriorate less than soft sponge rubbers... so it is still very speedy and spinny... but then the surface grip of no rubber will remain as new after 5 months unless you clean it with a thin layer of PO once in a while. i do that once in 2 weeks... only on the topsheet... i do not tune sponge or take it out of blade.

i have no complaint about durability... on contrary is exceeded my expectation on durability and predictability. 

-------------

Posted By: pingpongrob
Date Posted: 07/31/2013 at 6:02pm

no vesko,

I thinkfor now the MX-P rubber is the "S" class among the new TIBHAR rubbers.  This is the reason I posted separately topic for it. If there is separately topic for this rubber only - sorry, I will be careful the next time.
But there are lot of topics for T05,T25 and T64, including comparison, reviews and other useful info about them. Why do not post separately topic for MX-P?
I think I have a good touch about the materials for table tennis and for sure I am very reliable source.
If you think I have something wrong written, tell me please what you don't understand and I will try to explain you once again.
I do not post very often here and I am trying always to write all imaginations I have about the topic posted.
Unlike you, posting in mytt for me is not a kind of searching attention.1147 posts from 01/05/2011 up to this moment! If you change the word "we" just with "Ï" in your last sentence it is very possible to understand what I am talking about. 
My next friendly advice to you will be : More trainings in the tt hall, little spamming in the forum.
And only to ask you - how many from your posts are including important information? 1/5, 1/10, or 1/20? And how many of your post are including "teaching, notes, or just spam? 1/2, 2/5 or 9/10?
Are you coach? Or high level player for so many notes to the other forum members? I don't think so.
In spite of the MX-P is not suitable for me, I think the players using Rasant will like more MX-P! But everything finished in the personal view and feelings.

Kolevtt, your info is wrong. MX-P is more like Rasant Turbo, not Rasant.

-------------
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au" rel="nofollow - http://www.affordablett.com.au

Posted By: maktime
Date Posted: 07/31/2013 at 8:42pm
I bought a sheet of MX-P and EL-P to put on my Darker Speed 90 to test with.
But coming from my Haifu Whale 2 for the forehand I find that the amount of spin on serve is not as high as the haifu might be just me.
But I find I can serve heavy spin serves easier with the Whale 2.
But rallying, looping and smashing is alot easier with the MX-P....
So I''ve gone back to the Whale 2 for the time being until the season is over before experimenting with the MX-P and EL-P...

Has anyone switched from a chinese rubber to MX-P who can comment on the amount of spin they can produce from serves?

-------------
Member of the Violin and Single Ply Hinoki Club

Blade #1: Nittaku Violin
FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

Blade #2: Favourite Pro Cougar
FH Haifu Whale 2
BH Andro Hexer Powersponge

Posted By: ttping85
Date Posted: 08/01/2013 at 3:12am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Maybe you didn't notice but I think at the time kolevtt commented Rasant Turbo didn't exist.

Otherwise in terms of sponge hardness:
Rasant 45
MX-P 45-47
Rasant Turbo 47,5

So in theory we could say it's in between but I can't confirm completely with experience as I have not tried Rasant Turbo yet.

-------------
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Date Posted: 08/01/2013 at 3:15am
MX-P feels like a 45, that is, definitely softer than m1 or s1 (47.5) or H3.

I wonder if MX-S is hard like M1.

-------------

Posted By: pingpongrob
Date Posted: 08/01/2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Maybe you didn't notice but I think at the time kolevtt commented Rasant Turbo didn't exist.

Otherwise in terms of sponge hardness:
Rasant 45
MX-P 45-47
Rasant Turbo 47,5

So in theory we could say it's in between but I can't confirm completely with experience as I have not tried Rasant Turbo yet.

Thanks for picking that small mistake up, But dont say a product is similar to something when it aint.
Rasant is differant to Rasant Turbo, not only the sponge, but the topsheet as well. Its like comparing a mandarin to an orange.

-------------
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au" rel="nofollow - http://www.affordablett.com.au

Date Posted: 08/01/2013 at 10:39am
ok...

-------------
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Date Posted: 08/01/2013 at 10:42am
who actually said something was similar? I think Kolvett only said that Rasant users (at that time) had a higher chance to enjoy MX-P then Tenergy Users like him, right?

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2013 at 4:01pm
Here's my short review of MX-P.

First day of training with MX-P max on forehand. Previously I had m2 max. Blade is DHS PG9 (a 7 ply, allwood, koto outer, almost stiff, faster than clipper CR).

In short: this rubber is an improved aurus. It is also close to Tenergy 05. If you come from aurus, you will need no adjustment.  I came from M2, so here is how it went.

I immediately noticed the throw is higher than M2 (which is already a high throw rubber). Like Aurus, I think. Initially, My loops against block went out (because too high). I adjusted in a matter of minutes, swiping the ball more from above, which is a lot easier on fh, once you get used to it.

MX-P is harder than M2, but still noticeably softer than m1. It is equal or a bit harder than T05 and aurus. for this reason, mx-p is not ideal on bh, because, in bh loop rallies at the table, the ball will not sink in completely so as to maximize spin. M2 is better on bh.

Loop against block and drive is a bit more spinny than with M2. Loop against backspin is more or less the same (maybe a bit less spinny because the ball does not sink completely in the sponge).

loop against flat ball: you can lift the flat ball by swiping from above, more than with m2. Especially useful against flat short service.

Fh flip is a bit less spinny and slower than with M2, for the same reason (ball does not sink completely).

Counterloop: first, the throw is higher than M2, and you have to close the blade more. This is like T05 or aurus. 

Arc: However, I noticed that in counterloops at very high power, the arc of the ball becomes rather flat (as if the rubber bottomed out). This crucially does not happen with T05 --- which is why this rubber is so unique, I suppose. 

Also, in general, MX-P has a bit less arc than T05 in more or less all shots. I am sure about this because I tried the two rubbers on opposite sides of another blade. However, the difference in arc is very tiny (until, as I said, you counterloop at max power).

So T05 still has a noticeable edge in counterloop quality; and is probably more spinny in opening loop. But overall, MX-P is a very good rubber, and surely the closest to T05 as of today. In comparison, M1 and M2 are much farther from T05.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/26/2013 at 9:21pm
I agree with the comparison with Tenergy.  Ultimately, when the price of Tenergy came back down some (at least in US) I switched back from MX-P.  The main reason is I felt like all in all I had a bit more margin for error with T05 on FH than with MX-P, especially when I tried to drive the ball harder.  But as you say, the difference is not that large.  If Tenergy is $80, I will use MX-P.  If Tenergy is 60-65, I stick with it.

Date Posted: 09/27/2013 at 12:51am
Seguso, I was one of the first forumers to get my paws on MX-P and one of the first things out of my mouth was that MX-P is like a juicier Aurus. I feel both Aurus and MX-P are medium throw rubber with MX-P being rather low throw on counterloops.

All in all, a great rubber in a very stiff OFF class blade.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/27/2013 at 2:04am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Seguso, I was one of the first forumers to get my paws on MX-P and one of the first things out of my mouth was that MX-P is like a juicier Aurus. I feel both Aurus and MX-P are medium throw rubber with MX-P being rather low throw on counterloops.

All in all, a great rubber in a very stiff OFF class blade.

Yeah, if I had to describe the difference with aurus, I would say MX-P "holds up" better against power loops, i.e. with Mxp you need to put more power in to make the arc turn flat. Aurus' arc becomes flat at medium power.

I think they should have made it harder... after all, Mxp is still a lot softer than M1.

Could MX-S be what I am looking for?

-------------

Posted By: 1dennistt
Date Posted: 09/27/2013 at 2:36pm
Seguso,

you said "Arc: However, I noticed that in counterloops at very high power, the arc of the ball becomes rather flat (as if the rubber bottomed out). This crucially does not happen with T05 --- which is why this rubber is so unique, I suppose.

How would you compare the Arc of M2 and MX-P at very high power?  I'm currently using M2 and have a EL-P waiting for testing, so I'm interested in whether to invest in a MX-P also.

-------------
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)

Date Posted: 09/27/2013 at 2:42pm
@1dennistt:

same problem with m2. it becomes rather flat. this is due to the hardness. (OTOH, M1 does have this problem too... this I can't explain.)

Again on Mxp... second day of training: today the situation seems worse: in counterloop, sometimes the arc flattens, sometimes it doesn't. This means the rubber is unrealiable. At least m2 was reliable in counterloop.  Unless I still have to get used to Mxp...

-------------

Posted By: 1dennistt
Date Posted: 09/27/2013 at 3:42pm
In that case, I'll stick to the M2, maybe try a sheet of M2 Max instead of 2.0 when I use up my last 2 sheets of 2.0

Thanks

-------------
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)

Date Posted: 11/02/2013 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

same problem with m2. it becomes rather flat. this is due to the hardness. (OTOH, M1 does have this problem too... this I can't explain.)

Again on Mxp... second day of training: today the situation seems worse: in counterloop, sometimes the arc flattens, sometimes it doesn't. This means the rubber is unrealiable. 

Just re-read this old note. How many layers of glue did you put on to stick MX-P to the blade if I may ask?

-------------
Trade feedback:

Date Posted: 11/02/2013 at 6:29pm
I used two layers (copydex diluted). But (like with bluefire) when I do it, I already know it will not be enough: the next day the edges will detach, and the sponge will look like I never put glue on it in the first place. But when I reglue, this time it will stick.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/02/2013 at 7:28pm

I used two layers (copydex diluted). But (like with bluefire) when I do it, I already know it will not be enough: the next day the edges will detach, and the sponge will look like I never put glue on it in the first place. But when I reglue, this time it will stick.

Perhaps that's why you had that result (inconsistency in counterlooping)?

I used to use just a layer of Tearmender. With my 1st MX-P, I used 2 layers on sponge & 1 on the blade. Got the same results as you did (was wondering why some hard shots went to the net when the hallmark of this rubber supposedly was consistency). A few days ago, I decided to try MX-P another time - but with 3 layers on sponge & 2 on the blade! Fantastic results.

MX-P sponge sucks glue like no other one before.

-------------
Trade feedback:

Posted By: Lestat
Date Posted: 11/02/2013 at 8:51pm

@1dennistt:

Again on Mxp... second day of training: today the situation seems worse: in counterloop, sometimes the arc flattens, sometimes it doesn't. This means the rubber is unrealiable. At least m2 was reliable in counterloop.  Unless I still have to get used to Mxp...

For about a month now I have MX-P and M2 on my Viscaria and you are right, M2 trajectory flattens quite early when you apply power (on the FH at least, BH is fine). It was most apparent when drilling fast off the bounce topspins over the table, MX-P would consistently place near the middle of the opposite court vs M2 barely catching the end of the table.

M2 might have better control but ultimately this issue affects all heavy strokes - counter loops, driving heavy underspin etc. so not my 1st option anymore. I'm staying with MX-P and I have to say it's been pretty reliable in all areas. Control is excellent for its speed and hardness rating.

Date Posted: 11/03/2013 at 3:32am
I must be fair; when I tested mx-p I was using pg9, not clipper wood wrb which is the blade I can control perfectly. and I don't remember if I was coming from m2 or m1. If I tested it again, it would be on clipper wood wrb. However, now I am going to test m1 + stiga off nct again (I had problems looping against short pips).

-------------

Posted By: instinctive
Date Posted: 11/03/2013 at 4:08am

Hello forum's friends,

I will try to give you full imagine about the new TIBHAR MX-P (max) thickness rubber.
Just today I received one piece used for test only, cut to TBS, so the rubber was like new.
I glued it to my M.Maze.
First I noticed this rubber is NOT MADE IN JAPAN!!!!!!!!! It is ESN German rubber, it is looking like andro rasant, plays like rasant, smells like rasant. It is hard, spinny, but not so much, because the hard sponge doesn't allow the long ball contact with the top-sheet.
The rubber is not so fast on top spin strokes, it is easy to make a counter loop with on the table or in  middle distance, it has a good feel, I mean you can feel how your rubber just bites the ball (too like rasant), while blocking and cutting requires increased attention.
My personal preferences are not associated with this type of rubbers.
I can't recommend this rubber to a players who are just starting table tennis.
It is stamped on the rubber "PRO PLAYER VERSION".
A players which are looking for more control-oriented rubber like me...will be just disappointed.
This rubber is appropriate for aggressive players with great playing - technique in blocking and cutting.
In my opinion, in spite of I am against T05, it is more better rubber for this style that MX-P is trying to join among the players. MX-P is little more faster than T05 I think (like andro rasant). But the safety/control is on higher level in T05.
I missed to write the rubbers is with size for TBS and M.Maze (157/150), mx-p's weight is 49 grams. Too heavy!!!
Because of the weight is possible the mx-p to be with more high density than rasant.
For an appropriate blades for this rubber I can recommend blades like TBS/ALC/Viscaria.
For difference between rasant and mx-p I can share also rasant is 2.1, while mx-p is 2.2mm I think.
Finally, I am asking myself how long time we will buy the same factory products and we will be asking ourselves what is the speed or feel or spin or something other. Even the sponges of rasant and mx-p are almost equal...Only the rasant is 2.1 and mx-p is max (2.2).
I hope I was useful for all mytt friends!
Beer

greatSmile

-------------
strategies;maximize rebound speed-edge in reflex,vary spin to create error,changeable rhythyms,create openings,equipment & skill mastery,& of course fun

Date Posted: 11/03/2013 at 5:01am
mx-p's throw is much higher than that of rasant. it is in a different league completely.

-------------

Posted By: tabletennis11
Date Posted: 11/03/2013 at 6:16am
MX-P is marginally faster than Rasant also. Disagree on the throw angle though, MX-P has harder sponge which usually results in a slightly lower throw angle in comparison to a rubber like Rasant which has a fairly middle of the range sponge softness level. The extra sponginess means Rasant will offer a bit more control than the MX-P rubber.

Althought the sponges of the two rubbers are similar thickness, it is not right to say they are similar as MX-P has a denser sponge making it a bit firmer than Rasant. The two are quite different rubbers in their own different ways.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QlKrAbsMQ?utm_source=mytt-signature" rel="nofollow - Click Here to see TableTennis11 CEO Sergei Petrov's Introductory Interview - Tabletennis11.com

Posted By: ashishsharmaait
Date Posted: 11/04/2013 at 4:54am
TableTennis11, can you compare Xiom Omega IV Pro and Tibhar MX-P?
Are they comparable?

Posted By: tabletennis11
Date Posted: 11/10/2013 at 5:51am
They are very comparable and quite similar in most areas, the sponge and topsheet density and firmness are nearly the same. Spin, speed and control are similar also.

The only main difference is that MX-P has a pre-tensored top sheet to add the 'catapult' effect. The Omega IV pro achieves similar specs without the tensor effect built in.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QlKrAbsMQ?utm_source=mytt-signature" rel="nofollow - Click Here to see TableTennis11 CEO Sergei Petrov's Introductory Interview - Tabletennis11.com

Date Posted: 11/10/2013 at 7:01am
How about comparing Tibhar MX-P with Andro Rasant Powersponge and Andro Impulse Powersponge?
Any comparisons there or are the topsheets and sponge totally different even though they may be made in the same factory ESN?

-------------

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 11/10/2013 at 3:47pm
Forget the Impulse Powersponge, totally different generation @maktime

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Date Posted: 11/10/2013 at 4:06pm
Thanks SmackDAT
How about Andro Rasant Powersponge or Turbo in that case?

-------------

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 11/15/2013 at 4:19pm
Very similar coming from the same generation, I would imagine Rasant and its variants to be faster and slightly less spinny. Good luck.

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Posted By: the_theologian
Date Posted: 02/12/2014 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by roger_rabbit roger_rabbit wrote:

Hi, I found these Tibhar MX-P pics from german table tennis forum.

This is after 3 weeks, and 25 hours of playing time.

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3147/8jxgaeei_jpg.htm" rel="nofollow - http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3147/8jxgaeei_jpg.htm

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3147/ortvrhec_jpg.htm" rel="nofollow - http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3147/ortvrhec_jpg.htm

Make your own opinion.

PS: The rubber is cleaned. White dots are from the mobile cam(dusts)

I'd say the rubber was cleaned aggressively by a "cleaner" and rough sponge

-------------
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net