Remaining 18 players play in 6 RR3

STAGE 2

Top 6 players plus 6 group winners to Div 1
2 RR6 (A, B)

2nds and 3rds in RR3 (Stage 1) compete
for the President's Cup
2 RR6 (C, D)

STAGE 3

A1, A2, B1, B2 play off for places 1-4 (best of 7)
A3, A4, B3, B4 play off for places 5-8
A5, A6, B5, B6 play off for places 9-12

President's Cup
C1, C2, D1, D2 play off for places 1-4
C3, C4, D3, D4 play off for places 5-8
C5, C6, D5, D6 play off for places 9-12

Replies:
Posted By: jrscatman
Date Posted: 02/27/2013 at 1:16pm
Does anyone know the schedule for this tournament this weekend at Mississauga MYTT Club?

-------------
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX

Posted By: Pondus
Date Posted: 02/27/2013 at 1:23pm
Didn't this club close its doors - as it is with the MYTT online shop? Or maybe I misunderstood something.

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 02/27/2013 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Didn't this club close its doors - as it is with the MYTT online shop? Or maybe I misunderstood something.
No.  It's a different club.

Posted By: The Shakehander
Date Posted: 02/27/2013 at 2:39pm
There's a "rub n tug" nearby, i'm gonna go hang out there till it starts :)

I think first match is 4pm.

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 02/27/2013 at 6:13pm
Is anybody know what time does it start on Saturday and if video recording allowed?

Date Posted: 02/27/2013 at 6:33pm
It should start at 9am and i've found clubs in Ontario photo/video friendly but i can confirm tomorrow from there unless someone can confirm now?

Just remember to turn OFF flash and focus light aids.

Date Posted: 02/28/2013 at 4:26pm
all information can be found here:
http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=AD1A0C64-7FC1-4501-A59C-4DC7F6B2EE60&d=20130301 - http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=AD1A0C64-7FC1-4501-A59C-4DC7F6B2EE60&d=20130301

Date Posted: 02/28/2013 at 4:29pm
thank you, finally posted up...

if you guys are there tomorrow say hi, i'll be the little guy with the little camera wearing a blue EB vest with a white lense strapped to my chest....going to make a tutorial if successful on shooting TT with a P&S :p

thanks again Pilgrim.

*holy smokes*

right at the start there's a stream of very tough battles going to happen....

maybe i should just take my big gear.

*hopefully i can stay longer than one hour :(

Date Posted: 02/28/2013 at 4:35pm
I am not sure about tomorrow because of work. but for sure will be there Saturday and Sunday

Date Posted: 02/28/2013 at 4:37pm
Just Friday for me i usually do taxi services on Saturdays and Sundays

last matches schedule for 6:30pm i might be able to stay the whole day...i'm taking my regular gear.

* i won't have time for the rub n tug...lol *

Date Posted: 02/28/2013 at 8:47pm
would be nice if someone will do video recording matches tomorrow

Date Posted: 03/01/2013 at 12:22am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

which match? i can shoot it on my DSLR but it's going to be hell to process...lol

Date Posted: 03/01/2013 at 7:10am
Originally posted by The Shakehander The Shakehander wrote:

which match? i can shoot it on my DSLR but it's going to be hell to process...lol

I want few matches :)

Max XIA  - Alexander BU
 Jeremy HAZIN    -     Dun Han LI
 Filip ILJEVSKI    -     Xuebo LI
Vincent ROUSSEAU EMOND     -     Alexander MORAN
Jeff DECARY      -     Jeremy HAZIN
Todd GREGORY     -     Filip ILJEVSKI

Date Posted: 03/01/2013 at 7:53am
No promises but i'll make an attempt.

Date Posted: 03/01/2013 at 8:00am
thank you very much
and I will do video on Saturday and Sunday

Date Posted: 03/01/2013 at 11:21am
Looks like my free time just got delegated to some taxi service may not make it at all

Date Posted: 03/01/2013 at 9:02pm
Okay i made it but messed up the video because in my rush, i forgot a bag so you're only going to get partial match and not what you wanted

yes, i am a *numnut*, lots of new faces to me but this time i enjoyed looking at a couple of matches myself...jeremy and moxi did very well, i really enjoy watching those guys.

you guys need to do the weekend carpool if you must stock up on food and drinks before, they have food but i went out for McDonalds

naturally i still forget everyone names

videos are being uploaded sorry they suck please have a barf bag ready...probably in the next hour in the video section.

okay maybe sometime tonight at this rate...lol *maybe tomorrow?!?1

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/248/sh*tzn.jpg/">

Date Posted: 03/02/2013 at 5:11pm
is anybody knows who is this guys?

http://imageban.ru">

Date Posted: 03/02/2013 at 5:21pm
Mathieu THERIAULT , Pierre-Luc's little brother and Moxi Guo on the right nobody's little brother :)

Date Posted: 03/02/2013 at 6:02pm
thanks. I have few videos. will upload letter. they too big. don't know how to upload to youtube

Moxi Guo on the right nobody's little brother :)

I wish I had brother like him :)

Date Posted: 03/02/2013 at 6:21pm

thanks. I have few videos. will upload letter. they too big. don't know how to upload to youtube

Moxi Guo on the right nobody's little brother :)

I wish I had brother like him :)

I use this http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/features_en_CA.html?affid=2581_977_1_26627_0_ENU&utm_source=CLHP_MainBanner&utm_medium=CLHP_MainBanner_26627_powerdirector-ultra&utm_campaign=CL_Homepage - Power Director but the previous version, it has a lot of presets and is cheap, this can shrink and convert your HD files for YouTube.

and Moxi is a "big brother"...i think?

You left early? I was thinking of going down there for the last few matches and catch some images of the BC players whom i keep missing but i'll probably be in Vancouver (stopover but can extend it) for the Canadian Junior Cadet Open 2013 there this year..i think the Chinese will be there with a couple others who didn't make Toronto this time around.

Also...i'm wondering if the prez might be there tomorrow??? "hmmm."

Date Posted: 03/02/2013 at 6:28pm

You left early?

I left about 2pm ... Will go again tomorrow

I use this http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/features_en_CA.html?affid=2581_977_1_26627_0_ENU&utm_source=CLHP_MainBanner&utm_medium=CLHP_MainBanner_26627_powerdirector-ultra&utm_campaign=CL_Homepage - Power Director but the previous version, it has a lot of presets and is cheap, this can shrink and convert your HD files for YouTube.

thanks. will try it. never uploaded video to youtube before

Date Posted: 03/02/2013 at 6:31pm
You can also try over at Vimeo but the files take awhile to upload, it's free.

Date Posted: 03/02/2013 at 6:34pm

You can also try over at Vimeo but the files take awhile to upload, it's free.

thanks

Date Posted: 03/03/2013 at 5:17pm
Who have you been impressed with at the tournament?

Apart from the usual suspects, for me it has been Jeremy Hazin and Moxi Guo from Ontario and Cherry Zheng and Jane Yan from British Columbia.

The even younger participants like Alexander Bu the youngest male (probably youngest overall ...i think there was a girl (Alicia Coté?) from Quebec who might be younger) there the experience is good for future play.

Liu Jiabao is always good to watch and "quietly" gaining more "mental toughness", she has the strokes.

Annie Coulombe is also gaining more "mental toughness", i did see her "distracted" last year this year not so much and it shows in her play.

Liu Jaiwei, is mentally tough but seems to need more practice...i say this because whenever she misses ...she goes thru a "practice stroke", catches herself doing it then stops.

Justina Yeung, i didn't watch her play but from her match scores...."where was this when i'm shooting"?!? *lol*

Alexander Moran is still so steady maybe too steady he's readable in tactics?

Todd Gregory, the lone representative from PEI,first time for me seeing but he had a couple of walk overs.

Amy Nichols quietly went about her business even more so did Natasha Carr-Harris

At the top Anqi is making waves while Sara Yeun is steady as she goes.
On the men's side it Hongtao Chen and Pierre-Luc holding steady but when Eugene goes who will be the third Canadian?

All of the above is just my less than knowledgeable opinions on TT in Canada i'm last on the totem pole to give any expert comments in the meantime i'll work on getting my images even better with some gear upgrades.

btw i hope you guys that is non-competing players gave the thumbs up to Anqi, Hongtao, James, Mathieu,Michelle and Annie for their recent global showings.

See you guys at the Ontario Open 23-24 March 2013

Posted By: jrscatman
Date Posted: 03/03/2013 at 9:41pm
Wow...Jermey Hazin finished 5th overall and beat Mathiew Thierault #5 seed - that is quite impressive for a 12 year old. Wonder how good he would be if he could get an "attentions span"

-------------
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX

Date Posted: 03/04/2013 at 8:08am
Like most of the younger players coming up, Jeremy has an excellent overall attitude in the sport, i hope they don't get influenced by "poor" attitude by the old farts around them like some teen players who get blinded by what is and isn't acceptable sportsmanship.

Date Posted: 03/04/2013 at 11:01am
Did you guys spoted any players there NOT using BTY Blades?

Date Posted: 03/04/2013 at 11:11am
I think i saw a couple of stiga blades can't recall who though
jeremy, moxi and jiabao use TMO alc with tenery when i looked at one of their training sessions...jiabao uses 64 on her backhand, i think she has really great control.

if you guys are rally interested i can do the "20 questions" on them ..that is if i'm not too shy myself to approach them.   

Date Posted: 03/04/2013 at 11:31am

I think i saw a couple of stiga blades can't recall who though
jeremy, moxi and jiabao use TMO alc with tenery when i looked at one of their training sessions...jiabao uses 64 on her backhand, i think she has really great control.

if you guys are rally interested i can do the "20 questions" on them ..that is if i'm not too shy myself to approach them.   
I saw lots of TB ALC, and TB ZLC.  I also saw Photino, TB ZLF, TBS, Vicaria, and TB AL, but no other brands.  You seem to like Jiabao, I see that she is taking time between points, and really slow the game down, not sure if she is nervous, or tactic, or tired, as she is playing a more powerful game (more like boys) compare to other girls.

Date Posted: 03/04/2013 at 12:08pm
I have an admiration for a lot of the young players in the sport.

Date Posted: 03/04/2013 at 1:37pm

I see.  Same here.  I thought you happen to know Jiabao personally.  BC has many young players that I like, they must have good developing system over there.

Date Posted: 03/04/2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I see.  Same here.  I thought you happen to know Jiabao personally.  BC has many young players that I like, they must have good developing system over there.

I have had some chit chat with her dad and herself nothing too deep, they seem to know i go to rub n tugs *lol* (it was a joke for those who don't read into a smiley)

I do want to ask them many things related to TT but that is for the future. If i start my site/blog i'll "try" to do editiorial style articles of players, coaches and parents BUT that requires a lot of trust, recognition...things i don't have right now

I would love to do it on this forum but it's really not the proper medium for something like that and at the moment i don't have free travel time as i would like.
Initially all i wanted to do was try and share some nice photos with you guys but i met Cherry and Jane's moms last year and i thought it would be nice to have some background history of players and people around them...so i have a lot of ideas but it will have to start as a blog and if traffic is good then i'll switch over to a site, i really don't want to satrt a site and have no traffic especially when i plan on having it done Ad free.

Date Posted: 03/04/2013 at 4:35pm
I didn't look people's rackets ... I saw few Photinos. I know Jeremy Hazin playing TB ALC, Alex Moran playing TB, forgot which one. I can ask him if it's important :)

Date Posted: 03/05/2013 at 10:59pm
Just saw this over at OTTA
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/sports-video/video-there-is-no-relaxing-in-champion-ping-pong/article9251204/ - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/sports-video/video-there-is-no-relaxing-in-champion-ping-pong/article9251204/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/for-these-table-tennis-stars-its-much-more-than-a-basement-game/article9254636/ - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/for-these-table-tennis-stars-its-much-more-than-a-basement-game/article9254636/

Date Posted: 03/11/2013 at 8:17pm
is anybody knows where I can buy shirt like this?

Date Posted: 03/11/2013 at 10:40pm
Those are only for "team players" BUT TTCanada got a good renewal sponsorship from Butterfly till 2016 (they like what they saw at the 2012 event at CCTTA)...SO just maybe in the future they may make available something similar for the general mass market to show visible support for TT Canada and Butterfly...this would be good for both Butterfly and Team Canada (in my opinion...doesn't mean much )

*you can always try and make the team?*

Date Posted: 03/12/2013 at 7:26am
interesting how many shirts got each player? may be they can sell me one

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net