Print Page | Close Window

Stiga Mantra S,M,H Rubbers

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78165
Printed Date: 04/27/2024 at 3:41am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Stiga Mantra S,M,H Rubbers
Posted By: yogi_bear
Subject: Stiga Mantra S,M,H Rubbers
Date Posted: 01/28/2017 at 8:08am
Mantra S 
Weight: 62 grams uncut
Speed: Off-
Spin: High

Mantra M
Weight: 63 grams uncut
Speed: OFF
Spin: Very High

Mantra H
Weight: 65 grams uncut
Speed: OFF+
Spin: Very High

Stiga Mantra S,M,H

After several months of waiting for the new Mantra rubbers, I finally came to get hold of the 3 variants in my hands. First of all, just to dispel the rumors about the recall of the Mantra rubbers, it was not about the rubbers being defective or having low durability. It was not the case but rather some sort of factory “enhancement” that they had to do with the rubber which I know but do not have the liberty to discuss.

I got the red Mantra S, M and H versions and got paired with the Genesis rubbers and a DHS Hurricane 3 for the Carbonado 290 and 245 plus the Celero Blade.  The 3 variants of Mantra have the same pimple structure and sponge with only the hardness being different for each variant. The sponge for the 3 rubbers all minute pores which are different from ESN tensor sponges.The H version is like at least 47 degrees, the M is like 45 degrees and S version like 42 degrees in hardness.

The topsheet of the Mantra rubbers are surprisingly different from what I have expected coming from a Japanese rubber company who made it. Unlike the Airoc series, The new topsheets have a very grippy surface and they don’t have this “plastic-like” texture. The quality is also good and consistent upon inspection. Many people are asking, what good are they and how do we know that these are just not marketing gimmicks? Those are the questions I also asked myself when I tried to place myself on other people’s shoes especially the doubtful ones and I do not blame them for being doubtful.

Among the 3 Mantra rubbers, the Hard version is the fastest one. It matches the speed if not even faster than a Tibhar MX-P. The Japanese rubbers never had any problem with speed. Actually they have plenty of speed but in the past they needed more spin. The M version is also fast but on the level of an EL-S. The S version is soft and slow. It is slower than an FX-P.

Now for the spin, the topsheets of the 3 variants are very grippy. This is the first time that the Japanese company producing the rubbers for Stiga have come up with such a topsheet. IN the past, the Airocs were spinny but not on this level the Mantra rubbers have. The closest topsheet characteristic I have felt for the Mantra rubbers are that of the Haifu Shark 3 and Whale 3 which in the past were also tested here in this forum. They are as grippy without the tackiness. The H version has almost the same spin level as the MX-P but it has a sharper and longer trajectory. The throw is low but when I used it with the 290 carbonado, it was accurate enough just to clear the net. The M version is also very spinny. Actually both M and H versions are spinny enough that they could pass as ESN rubbers but they have this trajectory that makes them different from ESN rubbers. The M version has a medium arc while the S version has a medium to high arc. The S version needs to be hit through the sponge to produce more spin. This rubber is designed for people who compress the sponge a lot when driving or looping. The Genesis rubbers are initially more spinny but when you compress more on the sponge and when you  do very strong attacks, that is where the Mantra H and M rubbers shine and you can feel the combination of the speed and spin.

Which of the 3 variants? I was really biased with the H version but lately I also like the M version a lot. Let me explain why. The  H version is

Mantra H version is one of the most stable rubber I have tried in terms of attacking and blocking. Take note that the H version was placed on a Carbonado 290 and the said blade is an off+ very fast attacking blade. I had no problem blocking with it. It produced a low return when blocking just an inch higher than the net which is sometimes hard for opponents to attack back. It is very easy to block with both H and M versions of the Mantra but the H version seems to be very potent. The H version’s very low throw sometimes upsets players that I have looped with and the ones of have tried the Mantra H with the Carbonado 290 all agree that the rubber has unique attacking properties. The ones who have tried it were actively using Donic P-series rubbers and some other guys have been using MX-P. The guys using the Donci P-series rubber swear by it that it is a much better rubber and more vicious in attacking while the guys using MX-P are greatly impressed by it due to its sharp low arc and good spinning capabilities. The M version is the tamed version of the Mantra H. It can do everything the M version can but on a more tamed attack and easier to control. The 3 rubbers are never spin sensitive but they spin great with serves and pushes aside from loops. The S version, I would recommend it really for a backhand rubber or for developing players mostly. The H and M versions are really the rubbers to buy.

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Replies:
Posted By: player87
Date Posted: 01/28/2017 at 8:38am
seems so much equipment to test=))

Date Posted: 01/28/2017 at 9:49am
Watch out for the mantra h. It is the rubber to watch. Topsheet is very grippy and spinny..

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 01/28/2017 at 11:11am
These are big rubbers for stiga. Need to get this release right, especially at the price they're asking.

Posted By: Reaper
Date Posted: 01/28/2017 at 12:38pm
if they sell it more expensive than the Tibhar Evo series, they're doomed... just like airocs

Date Posted: 01/28/2017 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

if they sell it more expensive than the Tibhar Evo series, they're doomed... just like airocs

This is a problem, although it depends on what Mantra brings to the table of course.  But when you can get EL-S for $36 from ttnpp then it has some ground to cover.

Posted By: polbotinka
Date Posted: 01/30/2017 at 1:16am
I wonder what is the sponge hardness in degrees?

Posted By: Saitama
Date Posted: 01/30/2017 at 2:30am
Hope you can compare this with the genesis series

Posted By: carbon136
Date Posted: 01/30/2017 at 5:54am
I'm looking forward to your review :)

I'd like to know if they can compete with the Tenergies, as Evolutions are quite different (MX-P harder than T05, and afaik the others have low throw angle)

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 10:35am
updated with review

-------------

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

First of all, just to dispel the rumors about the recall of the Mantra rubbers, it was not about the rubbers being defective or having low durability. It was not the case but rather some sort of factory “enhancement” that they had to do with the rubber which I know but do not have the liberty to discuss.

Hahahahaha.  Bravo!

Great reviews, as ever.

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 11:57am
great reviews - had been waiting for them.

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 12:08pm
Sounds like it shares some characteristics with Nexy Karis, which is made in the same factory I think.  Maybe a Karis on steroids. 

Posted By: Skyline
Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 12:47pm
and now the question that everyone is wondering about. Is Mantra H a good alternative to T05?

Posted By: Chicobo
Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 1:02pm
Could you elaborate a bit more on the comparison against the Genesis rubbers? Might end up getting them since dandoy has a 3 for 4 deal on genesis.

-------------
Stiga Genesis x2 on Nexy Rubicon
Galaxy Moon/Air Illumina Alpha on Andro Temper Tech Off-
USATT 1620...Learning to play vs long pips

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 6:01pm
Karis still has the old topsheet so this has a new and better one.

Genesis is a dhs rubber so it plays differently. Genesis may be spinnier on slower loops and pushes but the stronger the attacks get, the better is the mantra h & m compared to genesis.

In terms of spin ni, t05 is still king. The mantra h and m however arealready in the level of esn rubbers and if you ask me they are better than the acuda p series

-------------

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 8:02pm
Atlast the review came 😀. Just have one question yogi. Which is heavier mxp or mantra h?

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 8:13pm
Mxp is heavier.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 8:31pm
cool then its a must try for me :) one more thing is mantra durable like genesis and mxp??

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 9:39pm
Cant say yet but i think it is as durable as the airoc series which was good enough for me.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 9:51pm
Yogi, how long are the pips?

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 10:22pm
I did not measure them but they seem to only differ in hardness

-------------

Posted By: Crowsfeather
Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 11:34pm
Mr Yogi
Comparing to the past rubber you have try the ease of spinning is very good ?
Do they generate good spin on brushing or need to engage sponge.

-------------
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .

Date Posted: 02/09/2017 at 11:38pm
Yes, the mantra series have a differebt ang very grippy Topsheet which can be as spinny as modern esn rubbers

-------------

Posted By: GSOM_GSOM11
Date Posted: 02/11/2017 at 10:07am
So,good grip, speedy japanese sponge and low throw. Looks like it solves the great post-glue problem of finding a replacement for heavily glued Bryce?

Date Posted: 02/11/2017 at 10:59am
Yogi, could you please compare Mantra vs Acuda P (H vs P1 or M vs P2) in terms of hardness, throw, pips structure - which one has denser pips, and overall feel. Does Mantra behave more like Acuda P (or, maybe, T64) either like Bluefire (T05)?

Posted By: Makelele
Date Posted: 02/11/2017 at 6:28pm
May be a comparison of speed and spin between Mantras and Calibra LT and LT sound?
Thanks!

Date Posted: 02/11/2017 at 9:05pm
Mantra h os like a tamed version of mxp with lesser spin but with better control.
Mantra h is faster than calibra lt plus

-------------

Date Posted: 02/11/2017 at 10:03pm
Thanks yogi.

Posted By: Sedis
Date Posted: 02/12/2017 at 3:14am
How similar or different are these to the other recent Japanese rubbers such as TSP Regalis and Joola Samba 19/27?

Date Posted: 02/12/2017 at 3:59am
Not tried both rubbers but if they were made by daiki then they might have the same top sheet

-------------

Date Posted: 02/12/2017 at 5:13am
Yogi, are you ignoring me? Did I do anything wrong?

Date Posted: 02/12/2017 at 7:25am
I have already answered your question and if you read between the lines. It is not near to the acuda's feel that is why I am comparing it mxp

-------------

Date Posted: 02/12/2017 at 12:57pm
Got it! Thanks alot 😀

Posted By: dabeda
Date Posted: 02/13/2017 at 1:31pm
@yogi
how about stiga mantra vs itc powercell series ?

Thanks

Posted By: Tiago8
Date Posted: 02/13/2017 at 3:43pm
@yogi_bear, can you compare it with the ryzhm p?

Date Posted: 02/13/2017 at 6:10pm
Mantra h vs powercell mp almost the same with the mantra h having a more spinny topsheet.

Mantra h vs rhyzm p, almost the same spin but the mantra h is more vicious to attack with, has a sharper arc and is faster.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/21/2017 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Sounds like it shares some characteristics with Nexy Karis, which is made in the same factory I think.  Maybe a Karis on steroids. 

Baal, in the Karis thread you said that you had bought the Mantra M.
Did you have a chance to try it? May be a comparison with Evolution MX-P?
Thanks.

Date Posted: 02/21/2017 at 9:34pm
Just arrived today (Mantra M).  Just glued them down on a Viscaria.  Very nice packaging.  (Note to self.  Don't use Stiga attach glue again).  Top sheet is brighter color than Karis, both red and black.  Topsheet seems really grippy, will know more when I play, but like Yogi says, this topsheet looks really nice, I will be pretty surprised if this stuff is not super spinny.  Sponge seems a little softer than Karis M.  Inner pips seem relatively small in height but definitely longer than Karis, probably double the height (the pips on Karis are barely there at all).  They are not very wide.  Topsheet overall is considerably thicker than Karis, but still thin compared to many other rubbers.  Not even the slightest hint of a booster smell.  Not much curling when the rubber just lays there (less than I noticed with Karis).  Can't say more until I play with it except that just bouncing ball on a blade suggests it will be a bit faster than Karis.  Need to hit with it to be sure obviously.

I am comparing to Karis because they come from tbe same factory and I am using Karis M at the moment.  After I play with it some I will try to compare it to T05 and MX-P.

Date Posted: 02/21/2017 at 11:21pm
I'll be reading.

Date Posted: 02/22/2017 at 11:38pm
I wrote about Mantra M in the Karis thread.  You will see why if you read it there. 

They are surprisingly similar overall, about the same speed (I was expecting Mantra M would be faster but it is not), but Karis is more linear. 

Mantra M is a good rubber.  I very much wanted to like it.  I am sticking with Karis M, though, even though the top surface of Mantra is very nice.  (Rich and creamy, like a milkshake).

People coming from MX-P or Tenergy will want something faster than Mantra M, so maybe they should follow Yogi and get Mantra H. 

Date Posted: 02/23/2017 at 7:04am
Baal, i think the Mantra M is better for harder blades.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/23/2017 at 9:16am
Yes. Makes sense to me.  Viscaria is soft.  (However it is not slow). 

Speed wise, Mantra M was a bit slower than ELS.

Posted By: Olio
Date Posted: 02/24/2017 at 5:02am

(Note to self.  Don't use Stiga attach glue again)

Can you elaborate?

I have a suspicion that it's the same as the Nittaku Finezip, which is excellent.

Date Posted: 02/24/2017 at 9:14am
Dries too quickly.  Took me by surprise.

Posted By: Kolev
Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 3:09am
Can anyone one give a comparison(speed wise) between Mantra H and T 64. Which one is harder?

-------------
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro

Posted By: Olio
Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 3:40am
I've quickly tried Mantra H on a friend's blade. It's harder and faster than T64.
Mantra H will be even harder. Speed wise, I think Mantra might be faster (unboosted)

Date Posted: 03/01/2017 at 5:08am
Thanks mate. On my current setup I feel I need something harder than my usual T64, but not slower by any means. So I thought about Mantra H as a possible contender

-------------

Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 10:07am
tried Mantra H FH on an Andro Wanok. Ren Off with  ELS on BH.  Not a lot faster than the ELS, good spin, great control.  In combination with the top sheet , it didn't feel that hard.    In summary a very good rubber.  Possibly the best FH rubber for me.  
 In comparison to T64 (which I found to be suitable only on my BH) - from what I remember - a lot less bouncy.  

Posted By: hidasjoki
Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 5:13pm
Mantra H is a lot less bouncy than t64. It might have a similar top end speed but overall it is slower than t64.

-------------
<3

Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 7:34pm
Well, I bought Mantra H today and of course tried it immediately. It is one pleasent surprise.I put it on one of my balsa carbon and the combination doesn't feel hard at a!l. Super grippy top sheet, rather high throw and the excellent control makes it one of the best rubbers I've tried recently. I wouldn't call it a speed monster, but it is still in the OFF range. Not very different than my T64, although I haven't done very thorough comparison between both rubbers. I'll go in details on Monday when I'll have some more serious opponents

-------------

Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 7:49pm
does it play like mxp?? speed and spin?? any comparison?

Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

tried Mantra H FH on an Andro Wanok. Ren Off with  ELS on BH.  Not a lot faster than the ELS, good spin, great control.  In combination with the top sheet , it didn't feel that hard.    In summary a very good rubber.  Possibly the best FH rubber for me.  
 In comparison to T64 (which I found to be suitable only on my BH) - from what I remember - a lot less bouncy.  

I know it's off topic, but only a question just out of curiosity - why you found T64 suitable only for your backhand?

Date Posted: 03/02/2017 at 11:27pm
My BH lacked speed. I found T64 could compensate till my stroke got stronger. My FH did not need that kind of help. I felt it would hinder full development of my FH.

Date Posted: 03/03/2017 at 5:29pm
Ok.Thanks.

Posted By: Believer
Date Posted: 03/26/2017 at 7:59am
Just saw a clip on YouTube showing Fan ZhenDong testing the Mantra rubber.

[URL= https://youtu.be/cZXb9adVxcs][/URL]

Posted By: Mickael
Date Posted: 03/26/2017 at 2:37pm
Interesting what does it says?

-------------
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH

Posted By: Believer
Date Posted: 03/26/2017 at 4:13pm
Check the comments section below and someone did some translation there

Posted By: kaesar
Date Posted: 06/01/2017 at 11:10am
Hello, how is durability ?, Does anyone still play with the mantra?

Date Posted: 06/01/2017 at 9:37pm
the 3 versions are still good until now maybe less spin after 3 months

-------------

Posted By: neon
Date Posted: 08/23/2017 at 9:15am
Hello friends, is upper layer of mantra rubbers thin like rasanters and select and prime? Thank you very much.Beer

Posted By: neon
Date Posted: 08/27/2017 at 3:59pm
No one? Please help wiht some information. tks

Posted By: richrf
Date Posted: 10/02/2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Watch out for the mantra h. It is the rubber to watch. Topsheet is very grippy and spinny..

Thanks much for a really great review.

One quick question. How is the M or H when opening up against heavy underspin serve? Thanks again.

Posted By: p1ngp0ng3r
Date Posted: 10/02/2017 at 4:35pm
Playing with Mantra M couple of months now. The M is already pretty firm, at least more firm compared to other medium rubbers. Mantra H must feel rock hard I imagine.

I use Mantra M on Infinity vps, which is a flexible blade. This combo is very good for lifting underspin. If you pair Mantra M or H with a hard blade, not sure if it's a gpod combo for lifting underspin.

-------------
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX

Date Posted: 10/02/2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by p1ngp0ng3r p1ngp0ng3r wrote:

Playing with Mantra M couple of months now. The M is already pretty firm, at least more firm compared to other medium rubbers. Mantra H must feel rock hard I imagine.

I use Mantra M on Infinity vps, which is a flexible blade. This combo is very good for lifting underspin. If you pair Mantra M or H with a hard blade, not sure if it's a gpod combo for lifting underspin.

Thanks much. This was the info I was looking for. Helps a lot.

Date Posted: 10/02/2017 at 6:33pm

One more quick question if I'm not imposing. Can you share with me whether you are using 1.9 or 2.1. I'm thinking of pairing it with Arctic Wood.

Posted By: p1ngp0ng3r
Date Posted: 10/03/2017 at 2:32am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

One more quick question if I'm not imposing. Can you share with me whether you are using 1.9 or 2.1. I'm thinking of pairing it with Arctic Wood.

I'm using 2.1. for both FH and BH.

Haven't played with Arctic yet, but what I've read it would be pretty similar to Infinity, but a bit faster and stiffer. Maybe Yogi could comment on Arctic in combination with Mantra M.

-------------
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX

Date Posted: 10/03/2017 at 8:24am

Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

I'm using 2.1. for both FH and BH.

Haven't played with Arctic yet, but what I've read it would be pretty similar to Infinity, but a bit faster and stiffer. Maybe Yogi could comment on Arctic in combination with Mantra M.

Thanks again!

Posted By: Zwill
Date Posted: 12/20/2017 at 4:42pm
I've been a long time Stiga "sound" or soft rubber fan, I believe even back in the speed glue days, Neos sound, Almana sound, Carbo sound, loved them all, then when the speed glue ban came I still tried to keep the soft rubber feeling playing with Tenergy 05 FX and Andro Rasant Powersponge, Stiga Calibra Tour sound, Stiga Airoc Astro sound, lately I've been playing with Tibhar FX-S and I have to say all of them were pretty okay, FX-S was particularly nice. I was using all of these on a Primorac Carbon btw. Initially I've skipped the Mantra for Tibhar FX-S because I'm used to soft rubbers, but one thing all of these soft rubbers have in common which I despise is that on slow balls they catapult the ball way too much. Once there's some speed on the ball this effect is not dusturbing but during short play it was always an issue for me. The other problem is once I got a no spin pushed ball to my backhand unless I gave the spin to the ball or gave it the speed it would just fall in the net.
For counter topspining these rubbers give excellent feeling and control for me on both sides so I've kept using them until now. I'm just telling this so you can kind guess my preference and playing style. Btw I'm a mid distance attacker who likes to do 3rd shot loopkills on both sides if possible.

This monday I've put on two Mantra H versions 2,1mm on both sides on a Schlager Carbon light because I figured these hard versions will be much more faster and the Schlager Carbon light is a bit slower than the Primorac but have the same attributes pretty much. The Mantra H is certainly harder than MX-P maybe a bit faster too (less catapult on slow balls). One of my teammates plays with Mantra M and I would say the M version has a bit of a catapult effect on slow balls but the hardness difference is not much honestly, on my hard blade the H version almost feels softer. The H versions are very well driven I have no issuse on my backhand on no spin weak balls, 3 shot attacks can be very well executed. I my topspins are right on  top of the net. Receiving service is very easy, much-much easier than with the mentioned soft rubbers. Underspin balls are also less of an issue than with soft rubbers which kinda blew my mind.
Blocking is very stable, generally close to the table play is excellent and they are not too fast, I'm considering glueing them on my Primorac carbon because I could accept a bit more speed.
Only place I've struggled with them is during counter topspinning far from the table, I'll have to adjust my style or I don't know yet, but I gained much more on close play and I can still work from behind it just takes more concentration and effort.
One more thing when in beginning of October I played against someone a match who used Mantra M I felt that after the ball tounched my side of the table it got a kick effect or some kind of weirdness to it, but I didnt gave it much thought then. Then one of my teammate have bought M version and I felt the same thing in training. I've hit a lot of edge balls and I could see that something is not right. Now that I've put the H on my blade my teammate can see the same effect and it is causing him issues during counter topspins. After the ball contacts the table it almost feels like it comes off a fast long pip with flow effect or I don't know how to say it but there's definietely some weirdness to the trajectory. I've never experienced it before with other attacking rubbers. (and Tenergy has a nice kick effect but this is different and actually much harder to adjust to)

Sorry for the wall-of-text I just want to create some momentum for the rubber if I can because I don't think it's very popular, maybe due to price or lack of reviews or both but as a soft rubber + hard wood lover I could adjust pretty quickly and so far I like the H version a lot. The soft version I have not tried yet. I tried the M version on a Boll Spirit and I'd say that it's not a good combo, didn't like it, and the M version on a Stiga allround blade and didn't like it either. Maybe the M version is also better on a hard wood but since it's not significantly softer I wouldn't bother.

Thanks to yogi_bear for the review, it actually gave me the courage to go for the H version and not chicken our with M or S.

PS: unboosted

Posted By: Forerunnerg34
Date Posted: 03/23/2018 at 11:55pm
Would you please provide your thoughts if any about Mantra vs MX-S ?

Thanks.

Posted By: pak abu
Date Posted: 04/13/2018 at 2:21am
Hi yogi..

how about direct comparison Stiga Mantra H with Joola Rhyzm (48 degree). intern of spin and speed and easiness to loop the back spin. Currently I'm using Joola Rhyzm..

Thank you. 

-------------
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

Date Posted: 04/30/2018 at 2:23pm
I finally received my Killerspin Diamond CQ blade and put a couple of Mantra M 1.9 rubbers on it. For me, the best combination of blade and rubber that I've tried. Immediately I was very comfortable unlike the feeling I get with ESN or Tenderly rubbers. Very linear and predictable. Nice spin, nice speed, great control and overall very enjoyable play. No pyrotechnics, huge catapult, big smell and done, just a great functioning rubber for modern play at a fairly reasonable price (TT11 has a 3=4 sale on it). This is a Japanese rubber so I expect it to wear and last like my Calibra LT, which means lots of life. I was going to try out Rozena, and I still might (I prefer predictable linearity) though I am very satisfied now so I might just wait and see what I'll put on my other Diamond CQ.

I want to emphasize that the blade/rubber combination is really important. I didn't like it in the Donic True Carbon. The Diamond CQ is an OFF- but I don't know the exact composition and Lupi couldn't tell me. All I know is that in general it blends well with the rubbers I put on it. And it has a 102mm handle which I love and really need.

To sum up, the Mantra M will work in tandem with your technique and give you all you need for a modern game without overdoing it. Clearly the Stiga rubbers for my game just fine.

P.S. Some Russian players I play with also have it a thumbs up. They are primarily Hurricane 3 players.

Posted By: shrisan
Date Posted: 03/06/2020 at 1:14pm
Has anyone played long with Mantra M and Mantra H. I have been playing with Mantra M (FH, BH) on Xiom Allround S since two months , really liking the combination for allround play with decent power . I was wondering if Mantra H would give me some more power without compromising the benefits of Mantra M in terms of control and spin.

-------------
Never Stop Learning
---------------------
Blades: Xiom Allround S, Xiom Offensive S
Rubbers: Stiga Mantra M, Donic Coppa Gold

Date Posted: 03/06/2020 at 5:41pm
Shrisan, I think the short answer is yes it will.

Date Posted: 03/07/2020 at 7:01am

Shrisan, I think the short answer is yes it will.

Thanks so apart from speed i can assume all other characteristics almost same between Mantra M and Mantra H ?

Date Posted: 03/07/2020 at 9:17am
yes 

Posted By: andzejgolot
Date Posted: 03/09/2020 at 8:14pm
No.
M has high throw.
H has low medium throw
I think H is slower and less bouncy

Date Posted: 03/10/2020 at 4:59am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

No.
M has high throw.
H has low medium throw

I was thinking S is slower than M and H is faster than M

Date Posted: 03/10/2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by shrisan shrisan wrote:

No.
M has high throw.
H has low medium throw

That's how M and H feel on my blade.  I never tried S.  Yogi Bear wrote a review when they first came out.  You can probably search for it or contact him.

Date Posted: 03/11/2020 at 11:14am

Originally posted by shrisan shrisan wrote:

No.
M has high throw.
H has low medium throw

That's how M and H feel on my blade.  I never tried S.  Yogi Bear wrote a review when they first came out.  You can probably search for it or contact him.

Thanks , which blade have you used them on. And yes i have read Yogi bear reviews and will check more with him

Date Posted: 03/11/2020 at 8:19pm
Viscaria

Posted By: aerial
Date Posted: 01/29/2022 at 9:19am
i bought a sheet of mantra m 2.1 for my backhand, have been experimenting a lot with the backhand side. my base was xiom omega 7 euro and then i tried hurricane 3-50 and now mantra m. my backhand has always struggled generating a good driving pace on the ball but i could always spin relatively easy. third ball open up is spinny but then for the fifth ball i am bad at driving.

overall my first impressions of mantra m compared to o7euro and even h3-50 were underwhelming, the spin is noticably weaker when hitting with my return board in the basement but there is more speed so maybe it will work out for the best in match play and teach me to have a more open racket angle for the bh drive instead of being closed and spinning everything up

mantra m with return board
https://youtu.be/h7uzrHI_xHU" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/h7uzrHI_xHU

h3-50, then mantra m with return board
https://youtu.be/zBoEGBUFNPI" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/zBoEGBUFNPI

o7euro and mantra m with return board
https://youtu.be/_qWffk5kma8" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/_qWffk5kma8

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net