Print Page | Close Window

Please teach me how to spin/loop easily

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Coaching & Tips
Forum Name: Coaching & Tips
Forum Description: Learn more about TT from the experts. Feel free to share your knowledge & experience.
Moderator: yogi_bear
Assistant Moderators: APW46, smackman
URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7824
Printed Date: 05/06/2024 at 8:21pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Please teach me how to spin/loop easily
Posted By: Nicko
Subject: Please teach me how to spin/loop easily
Date Posted: 08/30/2006 at 1:40pm

I play most of the time far from the table, and tend to chop and chop, when i get high ball then i may be able to smash the ball but i have a hard time to spin cos i really think that having a good defense is good, but u can't win game if u just defense and wait for high ball right???

Please teach me the easy way to spin, excluding multiball training...

Thanx all

Replies:
Posted By: Speedplay
Date Posted: 08/30/2006 at 3:54pm
I dont think there is any easy way out, it all comes down to practise. Some people (I am one of them) says it al in your wrist, others say that you shouldnt use the wrist at all. Keypoint is; the longer you have contact between the rubber and the ball, the more spin you will be able to produce...

-------------
The holy grail

Posted By: YATTP
Date Posted: 08/30/2006 at 5:33pm
The amount of spin is 90% handspeed (i.e. a combination of leg power, arm and shoulder power and wrist speed (if you don't use speed glue wrist is not that important).
The last 10% is how much speed glue you use. Rubbers and blades are not really important.

The main problem is to get to the point where you can use your full strength in perfect coordination and with perfect timing of the individual body parts. The only way to get to this point is years of training.

Posted By: Alexm
Date Posted: 08/30/2006 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Nicko Nicko wrote:

...but u can't win game if u just defense and wait for high ball right???

Actually I think it is a viable strategy. If you can chop whatever topspins are coming at you, then your opponent will eventually start to miss topspins or push balls back for you to smash. But you need a good footwork and a lot of stamina to play that style.

Posted By: O! Ju Qian
Date Posted: 08/30/2006 at 7:58pm
For those who have practiced many times can still experience problems with looping.  Sometimes you have to think more than you practice like how you understand the importance of defense.

-------------
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."

Posted By: Zmeflyby
Date Posted: 08/30/2006 at 8:30pm
using your wrist is important even though you do not speed glue.  It is all about the technique and style you play. 

-------------
Blades:
KLS and KL
Rubbers:
Sriver 2.1 FH
Sriver 2.1 EL BH

Trackfire special 2.1 FH
Trackfire special 2.1 BH

Posted By: TT_Freak
Date Posted: 08/31/2006 at 4:33am
Most people neglect to use adequate waist, the arm really should only be an extension of the power produced from the waist and legs until the coordination is good enough to add arm in without affecting the consistancy.

-------------
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle

Posted By: Jolan
Date Posted: 08/31/2006 at 6:27am
Watch Timo in his "opening loop". You have it all. Bend your knees, let the ball descend a bit, brush it softly from bottom to top with a fast wrist stroke. Tip : direct it to your oponent elbow otherwise, against a good counter looper or hitter, you might suffer...Ah, I was forgotting the main part of it, get prepared to the next stroke as spinny loops mostly drive you to start rallying in good position. Scheers.

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9" rel="nofollow - https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9

Posted By: YATTP
Date Posted: 09/02/2006 at 6:43pm
Boll's technique is very extreme - even for European players. I don't know weather it is really good to try to learn Boll's topspin technique - especially because of the speed glue ban in 2008. Without speed glue the European topspin style will be very much inferior to the classical Chinese power loop style I suppose.

Date Posted: 09/05/2006 at 4:43am
Forgott to mention it earlier, try catching the ball after its peak. By bending your knees you can go reall low down and strike the ball upwards, this gives you a longer contact which hopefully gives you more spin. Bending the knees are so much more important than people think, it took my looping game to a new level once I realized it.

-------------
The holy grail

Posted By: Nicko
Date Posted: 09/05/2006 at 12:06pm

Do u think we can also loop well with short pimps?i saw several players may be able to loop with pimps...btw my blade is primorac carbon off +, Tibhar Torpedo FH, dawei 388-b1 BH.

Do u think that the comabination is good enough to make a loop or topspin?Especially of course for FH..

Date Posted: 09/05/2006 at 3:26pm
Whow, whow, playing a carbon off+ blade, that must be fast as that very warm place you go to if you dont behave... Guess that it will decrease the dwell time which makes it harder to loop. Looping with SP is possible, I am a living proof of that. I play 802-1 once and I while and I loop with it. But, to be fair, I think that most inverted rubbers (not anti) will be much better for looping then any SP you can find.

-------------
The holy grail

Posted By: alfie
Date Posted: 09/05/2006 at 3:44pm
personally I would watch as many Kong videos as possible,trying to play like Boll is a bit like trying to do Kreangas BH imo

-------------
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE

Posted By: the_ownage
Date Posted: 09/10/2006 at 7:09am
u noe wat i suck at looping. i snap my wrist pretty quickly but still it doesn't graze the ball much

BH:Hurricane 3
FH: Donic Desto F1

Posted By: sluskas
Date Posted: 09/10/2006 at 1:23pm
I give always topspin below the table with my racket  movement from my legs to my head, with much spin i do that with slice 40 1.5 mm on forehand, nut i try to give fast topspin now because if they block i must give a fast one

-------------
Donic Defplay Senso
FH:Donic Slice 40 1.5mm
BH:Donic Slice 40 1.2mm

str�dl

Date Posted: 09/11/2006 at 5:19am
could please tell me specificly the action while looping. like the u use ur wrist first???

Posted By: TT_Freak
Date Posted: 09/12/2006 at 5:51am
Waist and legs mostly, shoulders as well if you're a penholder. Try not to use your arm too much at this stage since the less fine motor groups used, the more consistant the shot will be (ie, almost the same blade angle as when hitting).

-------------
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle

Posted By: ljcii
Date Posted: 09/19/2006 at 3:50am
do not snap ur wrist or somethign i do a spinny loop by getting low and not moving ur arm at all and then push upwardwith ur leg and waist. the degree of ur bat should be adjusted to the spin or height of the ball
eg if the ball is low, u gotta push urself higher and the ball is higher u still gotta crouch but no arm movement at all if u juz want spin

Posted By: lion
Date Posted: 09/19/2006 at 8:45am
I think that the comments about Timo Boll are not correct. I find his technique much easier to copy than Wang Liqin's or Kong Linghui's. Or maybe not easier but much more spinny and consistant (therefore for me much more satisfactory). And that's with chinese rubbers not speed glued.
   By the way I think the forehand loop of both Kreanga and Kong are the same. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

-------------
Blade: Pimorac
f/h: Mendo MP
b/h: Mendo MP
normal glue

Date Posted: 10/11/2006 at 4:36am
so i shouldnt use my arm and wrist as much?

Blade: Stiga Optimum Plus
BH:    Donic Desto F1
FH:    Stiga Magna

Posted By: ryu seungminfan
Date Posted: 10/11/2006 at 11:26am

Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Waist and legs mostly, shoulders as well if you're a penholder. Try not to use your arm too much at this stage since the less fine motor groups used, the more consistant the shot will be (ie, almost the same blade angle as when hitting).

yeah. agreed. dun use your arm at all. relax your arm as much as possible. your arm is like a snake. not quite possible to use arm and make a shot consistent unless you have really good form that day. use your leg. kick your leg forward when you leg forward.(important!!!!!!!!!!!!leg is a very important part in looping) second thing is to use your waist. turn your waist quickly for more power. relax your arm, leg your legs and waist do the job. u will realise your hand will follow through. it's just like a rope. you will get power and spin

-------------
blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour

Date Posted: 10/12/2006 at 10:42pm
o i get it now

Posted By: Harold
Date Posted: 10/14/2006 at 9:21am
Just continue to improve on your basics, looping will come naturally.

Posted By: goldberg
Date Posted: 10/14/2006 at 10:11am
Originally posted by alfie alfie wrote:

personally I would watch as many Kong videos as possible,trying to play like Boll is a bit like trying to do Kreangas BH imo

lol...same with me bro

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net