Print Page | Close Window

Top10 arylatecarbon blade

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81167
Printed Date: 04/29/2024 at 7:33am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Top10 arylatecarbon blade
Posted By: Tajny1989
Subject: Top10 arylatecarbon blade
Date Posted: 12/09/2017 at 3:25pm
http://youtu.be/brnx3v8O-Ms" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/brnx3v8O-Ms

Replies:
Posted By: asifgunz
Date Posted: 12/09/2017 at 3:29pm
Its Not in english....

-------------

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629

Posted By: Snakefish
Date Posted: 12/09/2017 at 4:24pm

I read the English subtitles

-------------
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max

Posted By: the_theologian
Date Posted: 12/09/2017 at 9:39pm
Replace original ZJK with the Wavestone and I'll accept this list.

-------------
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 12/09/2017 at 9:56pm
No Tibhar Inca... bad list.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: ronakvyas86
Date Posted: 12/09/2017 at 10:06pm
Those are only 9 blades in the picture

-------------
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB

Posted By: the_theologian
Date Posted: 12/09/2017 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

10 in the video though

-------------
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max

Posted By: vanjr
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 8:13am
Butterfly dominates. Does butterfly dominate blades on the world scene like they do with rubbers?
On topic-i am surprised the tinge T8 made the list. My experience with that blade was less than impressive. If course w Chinese qc, my one blade may have been a junker.

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 8:19am
Those top ten lists seem like "10 things that I actually tried" because they're pretty random. I do appreciate that they include Chinese stuff.

-------------
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 8:35am
Butterfly sells 4 times as many blades as Stiga a year.

What do you think?

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 9:07am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

What do you think?

People still buy Stiga?πŸ˜€

Posted By: Soundoff88
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 10:05am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Those top ten lists seem like "10 things that I actually tried" because they're pretty random. I do appreciate that they include Chinese stuff.

Yup, cheap $40 DHS blades made the list. πŸ‘

Posted By: Crowsfeather
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 10:25am
Gewo Force Arc
Try it if you haven't try one.

-------------
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .

Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Soundoff88 Soundoff88 wrote:

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Yup, cheap $40 DHS blades made the list. πŸ‘

Including blades too new to seriously evaluate their success.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by ronakvyas86 ronakvyas86 wrote:

10 in the video though

Yet there are actually 11 blades shown.

What a plot twist!

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g

Posted By: PingPongHolic10
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

No Tibhar Inca... bad list.

Same goes for Nexy Arirang, def one of the best ALC blades out thereClap

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55790&KW=&title=fs-ft-2014-inventory-clearancecpenspro-releases" rel="nofollow - My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan

Posted By: richrf
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 2:10pm
If there is a great ALC blade, I've yet to find one. All of the ones I've tried out, including my own rather flimsey, Donic True Carbon, lack character and robustness. Rather toyish in nature. However it could very well be that the top l0 simply overlap with the bottom 10. πŸ˜ƒ

Just a different point if view.

Posted By: GSOM_GSOM11
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 4:32pm
Tibhar CCA Unlimited is obviously lacking.

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

If there is a great ALC blade, I've yet to find one. All of the ones I've tried out, including my own rather flimsey, Donic True Carbon, lack character and robustness. Rather toyish in nature. However it could very well be that the top l0 simply overlap with the bottom 10. πŸ˜ƒ

A large number of top professional players including a grand slam winner -- and also this lowly moderator -- beg to differ.

Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 6:21pm

There is a reason you are not a great player you know while great players use ALC blades or have them named after them.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 6:54pm

There is a reason you are not a great player you know while great players use ALC blades or have them named after them.

No way top players are using the junk that is being sold through retailers, especially online retailers. I'm not that naive.

My advice is to ignore these marketing videos and if someone has a good blade of any type, hold onto it and take care of it because it will be very difficult and expensive to replace.

Posted By: rocketman222
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 6:57pm
For those that don't want to waste 10 minutes of their time, here is the list

1. Viscaria
  2. Zhang jike blue dragon ALC
  3. DHS Hurricane 301
  4. DHS Hurricane Fang Bo 2
  5. Butterfly Innerforce ALC
  6. DHS hurricane Long 5
  7. Timo Boll ALC
  8. Timo Boll Spirit
  9. Sanwei F3
  10. Yinhe T-8

As someone noted, this is a pretty weird list, that includes some not so well received blades.

-------------
http://www.bladesbycharlie.com/models/hinokighost" rel="nofollow - BBC Hinoki Ghost
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74126&title=feedback-rocketman222" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 7:22pm

No way top players are using the junk that is being sold through retailers, especially online retailers. I'm not that naive.

My advice is to ignore these marketing videos and if someone has a good blade of any type, hold onto it and take care of it because it will be very difficult and expensive to replace.

Having used the true carbon and a lot of these ALC blades, I suspect the real problem is user limitations. But I won't dwell on it. Trolling needs to be ignored.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: ohwell
Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 7:25pm
TBS and TB ALC are so different, how can they be ranked this close?   

Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 7:28pm

Point of view based on not having played with your own OTC, right? Actually testing equipment is overrated anyway.

Date Posted: 12/10/2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

Point of view based on not having played with your own OTC, right? Actually testing equipment is overrated anyway.

I've played with several that I rejected outright. This particular Donic blade got a really positive review from TT11's reviewer so I went with it. πŸ˜ƒ

I've been playing for decades, and I know crap blades when I see one. My guess is that there is a HUGE difference between reviewed blades and pro blades and the ones that are released through retail channels. But this technique is not limited to table tennis. I recently went through the same experience buying audio equipment. Great reviews for what amounts to commerical junk. I really regret letting go of my terrific BIC speakers of ole. Now that brick and mortar retail shops have been pushed out of business, online shopping is the only way to go and it is risky and expensive especially since manufacturers know how to manipulate the market.

I apologize for disrupting the purpose of this marketing video. πŸ˜ƒ

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 9:43am

I've played with several that I rejected outright. This particular Donic blade got a really positive review from TT11's reviewer so I went with it. πŸ˜ƒ

I've been playing for decades, and I know crap blades when I see one. My guess is that there is a HUGE difference between reviewed blades and pro blades and the ones that are released through retail channels. But this technique is not limited to table tennis. I recently went through the same experience buying audio equipment. Great reviews for what amounts to commerical junk. I really regret letting go of my terrific BIC speakers of ole. Now that brick and mortar retail shops have been pushed out of business, online shopping is the only way to go and it is risky and expensive especially since manufacturers know how to manipulate the market.

This is as bizarre a post as I have seen in a long time. It sounds trollish or sock puppet like. Online stores for table tennis have allowed table tennis players access to quality products that was unattainable for almost everyone in this board. The brick and mortar stores have and continue to sell the least quality crap. How many table tennis products do you buy in stores now???

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

This is as bizarre a post as I have seen in a long time. It sounds trollish or sock puppet like. Online stores for table tennis have allowed table tennis players access to quality products that was unattainable for almost everyone in this board. The brick and mortar stores have and continue to sell the least quality crap. How many table tennis products do you buy in stores now???

I've literally thrown out 90% or more of the stuff I've purchased online. I've kept a sheet of Calibra and Phenix. By far the best equipment I've ever had were the blades and rubbers purchased for me by my coaches in Chicago via their channels. (They were US rated 2500+ and 2700+). For the most part online purchases are an expensive gamble which can probably best be described as unwilling EJing.

Unfortunately, I no longer have no access to reliable channels so I threw away $160 and will continue to play with my 8 year old setup because I can find no better. No big deal.My old Calibra plays like a Mark V which is good enough. After all it is the practice that counts not the equipment.

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

For those that don't want to waste 10 minutes of their time, here is the list

1. Viscaria
  2. Zhang jike blue dragon ALC
  3. DHS Hurricane 301
  4. DHS Hurricane Fang Bo 2
  5. Butterfly Innerforce ALC
  6. DHS hurricane Long 5
  7. Timo Boll ALC
  8. Timo Boll Spirit
  9. Sanwei F3
  10. Yinhe T-8

As someone noted, this is a pretty weird list, that includes some not so well received blades.

I suspect this is an old list and I haven't played with all of them.  I have to say that for some reason I never liked the Blue Dragon ALC, I thought its weight balance was weird and I very much prefer the newer ZJK-ALC.  Also it is odd that the Maze or its successor is not on the list. 

Not everyone will like ALC blades.  But a lot of people do.  And there are blades with quite similar materials, like Stradivarius and the Donic True Carbon. 

The only way to know if you like a blade is to play with it.  I play with a Viscaria and have since 2006 or 2007 (I used a Keyshot and a TBS before that).  I have had a chance to compare my favorite one to a blade that of a former US National champion received from Btfly when this player was at his peak.  His was very good but I have several that are just as good and my favorite two are better.  To me weight is a key factor but there is something in the best of them that only arises from random chance I think. 

Posted By: bard romance
Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 10:39am
It's funny that you are commenting about the "robustness" and "character" of a blade that you never actually hit with. You say in this thread you have tried your True Carbon but on your for sale post you advertise it as never used so you should probably account for that discrepancy. If you are so wise to "know a crap blade when you see one" then why all the equipment question threads? And if you're defining "top player" as 2500+, yes, most of them do get their blades from the same sources as online retailers. 

I would be curious to know the details of a player who can't even see a world where ALC is a viable choice for many. 

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 10:49am
The player who got his Viscaria directly from Btfly, for free, was 2600+ at the time I tried his blade and found it to be pretty much the same as several that I have sitting in my closet.  In fact, very good.

The one thing I will say in defense of Rich about the DTC is there is more variability in the playing properties than I would like based on the ones I have played with (I own two, have played with probably four).  I have never had two Viscarias that differ as much as the two DTC blades I have, and I have owned way too many.  But to say that all ALC blades are like toys? 

Nope.  I don't think that opinion will get any traction!  And I know for a fact that it is not because better players get better blades.  I am a nobody in this sport and I have some great blades.

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 11:30am
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

It's funny that you are commenting about the "robustness" and "character" of a blade that you never actually hit with. You say in this thread you have tried your True Carbon but on your for sale post you advertise it as never used so you should probably account for that discrepancy. If you are so wise to "know a crap blade when you see one" then why all the equipment question threads? And if you're defining "top player" as 2500+, yes, most of them do get their blades from the same sources as online retailers.Β 

I would be curious to know the details of a player who can't even see a world where ALC is a viable choice for many.Β 

Equipment threads exist to induce buying, just like this thread. My advice to other players are to hold on to and take care of blades that they like (especially older ones) and purchase only through sources with which they have developed good relationships. This will help minimize monetary losses. A good review for the Donic True Carbon or some of the other blades I've tried (including ALC blades) would be the reviewer tossing the blade in a trash can. πŸ˜ƒ Yet, I never see such review though they should exist.

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 12:30pm
A bad blade is a blade that a good player with decent technique struggles to make shots with even after adjusting with practice.  There are very few truly bad commercial blades.   I prefer the lighter True Carbons to the heavier ones (I re-sold/gave away the heavier ones), but that is because I tend to prefer a certain set up weight and use heavier rubbers and grip tape.

IT's very easy to pick up a blade and not like it. The late great Barry Dattel told me that he didn't like his Keyshot when he first got it.  And then he wasn't sure about it.  And then he beat a top player (Brian Masters) with it and then he really liked it.

When you hear a story like that, you realize how silly it is to come around on a web board spouting uninformed opinion about equipment as facts - unless the goal is to troll of course.

IT's one of the reasons I Try to put up video or explain the characteristics of what I use and talk about my playing preferences and level.  All those things affect how you view equipment, especially when the parameters are not fully specified.  We might get to a scientific point where features can be specified physically and that will be sufficiently correlated with feel to make subjectivity less of an issue, but right now, people like richrf should speak more about their ignorance than their knowledge.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 12:38pm

It is a marketing video indeed, but its purpose is not to market ALC blades per se, it is to advertise OP's YouTube channel. The idea is to attract eyeballs, whether you do it by discussing ALC blades, ESN rubbers, or latest and greatest LP/anti. Whatever works.

-------------
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 12:41pm

I've literally thrown out 90% or more of the stuff I've purchased online. I've kept a sheet of Calibra and Phenix. By far the best equipment I've ever had were the blades and rubbers purchased for me by my coaches in Chicago via their channels. (They were US rated 2500+ and 2700+). For the most part online purchases are an expensive gamble which can probably best be described as unwilling EJing.

Unfortunately, I no longer have no access to reliable channels so I threw away $160 and will continue to play with my 8 year old setup because I can find no better. No big deal.My old Calibra plays like a Mark V which is good enough. After all it is the practice that counts not the equipment.
Perhaps you are used to your Calibra, there are many rubbers that objectively outperform it, esp. a used one. As mentioned if you took the time to get used to T05 or MXP you would undoubtedly get better performance imo

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Perhaps you are used to your Calibra, there are many rubbers that objectively outperform it, esp. a used one. As mentioned if you took the time to get used to T05 or MXP you would undoubtedly get better performance imo

Objectively??? You realize if course there are many, many Calibra users that will disagree. In anycase, I have no idea whether the Calibra I bought 8 years ago had anything to do with the Calibra I might buy today. Table tennis equipment purchase is a minefield. I have no interest at all in purchasing and repurchasing ESN or Tenergy rubbers every three months simply to line the pockets of manufacturers or retail outlets. My 8 year old Calibra with my beautiful 8 year old Diamond Q blade (I underscore that they are 8 years old and my or may not have anything to do with this year's model) will suffice. I'll just practice more.

P.S. I so much regret giving away my old Masunov blade. 😒

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 2:50pm

Equipment threads exist to induce buying, just like this thread....... A good review for the Donic True Carbon or some of the other blades I've tried (including ALC blades) would be the reviewer tossing the blade in a trash can. πŸ˜ƒ Yet, I never see such review though they should exist.

No they don't.Β  They exist so that people can find information about blades, rubbers, balls, etc.Β  that they might want to buy*.Β  My distinct impression is that you yourself have created about seventy gazillion threads requesting information about this or that.Β  Just sayin'.

When I have created threads about this or that piece of equipment, I am completely indifferent about people actually buying something or taking my advice.Β  I am not aΒ  TT company, don't work for them, don't get free stuff from them, and my feelings aren't hurt if other people don't like the stuff thatΒ  I like.Β  I honestly don't care. If they find something they DO like, that is good.Β  I think most of us here feel the same way.

I definitely don't like it when people post stuff that is objectively wrong, but usually that comes up in discussions about balls.

*As to whether that information actually helps them find something they eventually like, well maybe not as much as we would all hope, although as a site moderator maybe I should not be encouraged to say that.

Posted By: Chicobo
Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 3:07pm
Butterfly Please Take My Money! Smile

-------------
Stiga Genesis x2 on Nexy Rubicon
Galaxy Moon/Air Illumina Alpha on Andro Temper Tech Off-
USATT 1620...Learning to play vs long pips

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 3:18pm

It's funny that you are commenting about the "robustness" and "character" of a blade that you never actually hit with. You say in this thread you have tried your True Carbon but on your for sale post you advertise it as never used so you should probably account for that discrepancy. If you are so wise to "know a crap blade when you see one" then why all the equipment question threads? And if you're defining "top player" as 2500+, yes, most of them do get their blades from the same sources as online retailers. 

I would be curious to know the details of a player who can't even see a world where ALC is a viable choice for many. 

Equipment threads exist to induce buying, just like this thread. My advice to other players are to hold on to and take care of blades that they like (especially older ones) and purchase only through sources with which they have developed good relationships. This will help minimize monetary losses. A good review for the Donic True Carbon or some of the other blades I've tried (including ALC blades) would be the reviewer tossing the blade in a trash can. πŸ˜ƒ Yet, I never see such review though they should exist.

Sound advice no doubt. But that you are happy with an 8 year old rubber, but were immediately turned off by giving any chance to an ALC blade means you are the outlier, not everyone else. 

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 4:56pm
Unless you play anti spin, 8 year old rubber is a bad idea

-------------
http://www.bladesbycharlie.com/models/hinokighost" rel="nofollow - BBC Hinoki Ghost
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74126&title=feedback-rocketman222" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 5:05pm

A worse idea would be to play with the junk I just bought and an even worse idea would be to keep paying hundreds upon hundreds of dollars looking for some needle in the haystack. I'm OK where I'm at. Today I played with a $10 cheapo at the University and it was fine after a little adjustment.

But as it looks like I won't be able to sell it, I'll play with it for just a tiny bit before giving it away to someone at the University, maybe as a tournament prize. I want to keep it fresh so I'm not giving away some used stuff.

Posted By: pgpg
Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 5:30pm

A worse idea would be to play with the junk I just bought and an even worse idea would be to keep paying hundreds upon hundreds of dollars looking for some needle in the haystack. I'm OK where I'm at. Today I played with a $10 cheapo at the University and it was fine after a little adjustment.

But as it looks like I won't be able to sell it, I'll play with it for just a tiny bit before giving it away to someone at the University, maybe as a tournament prize. I want to keep it fresh so I'm not giving away some used stuff.

Not sure if it applies in your case, but if you played with the same sheet of rubber for 8 years, pretty much anything new will play very different from what you are used to. Your strokes and muscle memory adapted to what you had, for better or worse. Perhaps it explains somewhat why you think new stuff was 'junk' and why it was so easy to adjust to $10 cheapo paddle in your example above. 

I was in the same boat 4 years ago, when I finally got rid of my very old BTY 301 premade after joining the club, by that time it had very little grip, not antispin-slick, but close, and you can imagine what my stroke looked like when I was trying to 'loop' the ball (hint - it was VERY vertical, I am still trying to fix that). 

-------------
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 5:53pm

You need to loop with good technique to wear out rubbers. Worth remembering.

That said Calibra rubbers have always been more mechanical spin than topsheet grip.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 12/11/2017 at 9:20pm
I honestly wonder if short pips might be an easier transition from 8 year old rubbers than pretty much any brand new, reasonably spinny inverted.

Posted By: king_pong
Date Posted: 12/12/2017 at 12:23am

What do you think?

Is this true? Where are you getting your statistics on this?

-------------
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max

Date Posted: 12/12/2017 at 2:45am
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

What do you think?

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g

Posted By: king_pong
Date Posted: 12/12/2017 at 5:06pm

Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

What do you think?

(that's a funny meme LOL)

While domestically I would have to agree (here in the U.S.), I always thought that Stiga (wisely) put  their eggs in the basket of selling to the Chinese market, where there are probably more players than the rest of the globe combined.  If they can outsell competition in China, they should top the sales list world-wide.  (I don't have statistics on this for the record, I'm merely guessing).

-------------
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max

Date Posted: 12/13/2017 at 7:19am
This is my private list.
Everyone can have a different opinion then let him do it;)
I test a lot:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8o7aRCyyqGJ_B-OLROrRt2AEiNXMcWcp
I did not record everything.
The recordings are created from my private budget. Ouch

The discussion is good. Wink
However, some need some distance to each other. Confused

Date Posted: 12/13/2017 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Tajny1989 Tajny1989 wrote:

This is my private list.
I test a lot:

It takes courage to throw up a video like this. And I agree, it led to some fun (and frustrating) discussion. One thing I realized after watching and doing a short search is how few arylate carbon blades are made by different companies-except for Butterfly. Everybody has lots of carbon blades, but relatively few arylate carbon.

Date Posted: 12/13/2017 at 8:26am

This is my private list.
I test a lot:

It takes courage to throw up a video like this. And I agree, it led to some fun (and frustrating) discussion. One thing I realized after watching and doing a short search is how few arylate carbon blades are made by different companies-except for Butterfly. Everybody has lots of carbon blades, but relatively few arylate carbon.

Kinda true but Nah.  Aramid Carbon is pretty much the same as Arylate Carbon and there are many Aramid Carbon blade from many brands and also some Kevlar Carbon - they just didn't make the list because the video maker is either not testing them or unfamiliar with them.  True Carbon could easily have made the list as could have the blade I am currently using but they won't until tested.  Same with the Nexy Arirang or the Nexy Oscar depending on your preferences etc.  That the DHS 301 which has barely been around for a second made the list and got a high spot tells you something.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 8:21am

Courage? Hardly. It's just one of millions of marketing/advertising videos on the Tube. It can be easily totally ignored just like almost all of the top 10 videos that litter YT. The thing is, finding reliable information is almost impossible since the marketing stuff inundates the media. I actually never found a good source for audio equipment information but luckily found a good Onkyo at Best Buy (brick and mortar)- only after having to returning a fake one that I purchased on Amazon (I was able to return it). So much scamming online nowadays. The hazards of the new way of shopping.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 9:48am
You really can't call something a "marketing/advertising" video if it is made by an independent person who is not getting paid for it, who doesn't work for a blade company, and who is simply saying what blades he likes,  and who lists blades from a wide range of price points and different manufacturers.  Especially when you have created a large number of EJish threads yourself. 

Obviously it is the opinion of the guy who made it who may or may not have tried a bunch of other blades in the same general class.  I find some things on the list a bit odd myself, but that would be my opinion.  I don't work for a blade company either.

Finding reliable information is difficult because table tennis is complicated and what works for player A won't work for player B; and although some people hate to admit it, part of it stems from differences in the levels of the players as well as styles of play.

One last thing.  Buying a blade with high hopes and then not liking it is not the end of the world.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

One last thing.  Buying a blade with high hopes and then not liking it is not the end of the world.

I would never have known it... LOL

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 1:21pm
I know many other blades.
Aramid and Kevlar are not the same as Arylate. There are delicate differences - read.
The list was to include only arylatecarbon.
I made all these blades and checked how they bounce.
I made the order according to my feelings.
The problem for some is that they never had 10 arylatecarbon blades.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 1:27pm

Courage? Hardly. It's just one of millions of marketing/advertising videos on the Tube. It can be easily totally ignored just like almost all of the top 10 videos that litter YT. The thing is, finding reliable information is almost impossible since the marketing stuff inundates the media. I actually never found a good source for audio equipment information but luckily found a good Onkyo at Best Buy (brick and mortar)- only after having to returning a fake one that I purchased on Amazon (I was able to return it). So much scamming online nowadays. The hazards of the new way of shopping.

I personally test the equipment.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8o7aRCyyqGJ_B-OLROrRt2AEiNXMcWcp" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8o7aRCyyqGJ_B-OLROrRt2AEiNXMcWcp
I do it from my own budget. These are my feelings. Respect my work and time, though.
You can be negative. But I always talk about the pros and cons. 

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 2:28pm
Keep up with the good work. It's fun watching it with the broken subtitle.

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 2:45pm

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8o7aRCyyqGJ_B-OLROrRt2AEiNXMcWcp" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8o7aRCyyqGJ_B-OLROrRt2AEiNXMcWcp
I do it from my own budget. These are my feelings. Respect my work and time, though.
You can be negative. But I always talk about the pros and cons. 

Actually if you had mentioned that this video was your work based on your experience, it would have been received differently, its nothing against you, but there is a tonne of stuff that people post here, like ERT videos etc...

-------------

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 2:51pm

I do it from my own budget.Β These are my feelings.Β Respect my work and time, though.
You can be negative. But I always talk about the pros and cons.Β 

I watched a good bit of your review of Brittany fast arc. One constructive criticism: you need someone who plays table tennis to translate for you. While I could follow some of what you said, much was obscured by the language. It is obvious you care about your reviews. This video was better than the first one you posted in my opinion.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 3:58pm

You really can't call something a "marketing/advertising" video if it is made by an independent person who is not getting paid for it, who doesn't work for a blade company, and who is simply saying what blades he likes,Β  and who lists blades from a wide range of price points and different manufacturers.Β  Especially when you have created a large number of EJish threads yourself.Β 

Obviously it is the opinion of the guy who made it who may or may not have tried a bunch of other blades in the same general class.Β  I find some things on the list a bit odd myself, but that would be my opinion.Β  I don't work for a blade company either.

Finding reliable information is difficult because table tennis is complicated and what works for player A won't work for player B; and although some people hate to admit it, part of it stems from differences in the levels of the players as well as styles of play.

One last thing.Β  Buying a blade with high hopes and then not liking it is not the end of the world.

I have no idea who this person is or the motivation but any Yat "Top 10" list is going to be suspect as far as I'm concerned.

As for expectations, I didn't expect much (even with all of the rave "Viscaria" reviews) but I was surprised at how totally crappy it it. Real, unadulterated junk. But ... If someone wishes to follow the advice of the reviews and wishes to purchase this blade, mine is still available in the For Sale forum for cheap.

I'm not surprised at the rah-rah attitude for junk equipment. It was exactly, precisely the same when I was searching for audio. The only place I found any audio equipment of any worth was in brick-and-mortar stores. They can't sell junk because the customer actually gets to try out the equipment before purchasing. No brick-and-mortar retailer is going to carry junk in inventory because of the cost. Unfortunately, no such outlet for table tennis equipment.

And I really, really, really dislike the condescending attitude I'm being shown. Grow up everyone. This is the real world of online shopping. 70% or more of the stuff I buy off Amazon, I return, especially electronics. And guess what? They all receive "rave reviews".

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 4:19pm

You really can't call something a "marketing/advertising" video if it is made by an independent person who is not getting paid for it, who doesn't work for a blade company, and who is simply saying what blades he likes,  and who lists blades from a wide range of price points and different manufacturers.  Especially when you have created a large number of EJish threads yourself. 

Obviously it is the opinion of the guy who made it who may or may not have tried a bunch of other blades in the same general class.  I find some things on the list a bit odd myself, but that would be my opinion.  I don't work for a blade company either.

I have no idea who this person is or the motivation but any Yat "Top 10" list is going to be suspect as far as I'm concerned.

As for expectations, I didn't expect much (even with all of the rave "Viscaria" reviews) but I was surprised at how totally crappy it it. Real, unadulterated junk. But ... If someone wishes to follow the advice of the reviews and wishes to purchase this blade, mine is still available in the For Sale forum for cheap.

I'm not surprised at the rah-rah attitude for junk equipment. It was exactly, precisely the same when I was searching for audio. The only place I found any audio equipment of any worth was in brick-and-mortar stores. They can't sell junk because the customer actually gets to try out the equipment before purchasing. No brick-and-mortar retailer is going to carry junk in inventory because of the cost. Unfortunately, no such outlet for table tennis equipment.

And I really, really, really dislike the condescending attitude I'm being shown. Grow up everyone. This is the real world of online shopping. 70% or more of the stuff I buy off Amazon, I return, especially electronics. And guess what? They all receive "rave reviews".

Have you ever considered that maybe it's just you? I think that is what everyone is subtly, or, not so subtly, trying to get at. 

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 4:29pm

Have you ever considered that maybe it's just you? I think that is what everyone is subtly, or, not so subtly, trying to get at.Β 

Any forum member is free to consider this possibility and purchase blindly online as I did. I freely admit it was a mistake. I'm glad it wasn't a bigger mistake.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 4:36pm
You made a purchase and didn't like it. That's fine. It's when you start trying to take your personal preferences and make strongly worded generalizations that disagree with a lot of evidence, that has brought on some of the condescending remarks.

Also, if you seriously return 70% of your purchases on Amazon, that would again point to a you issue.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 4:42pm

You made a purchase and didn't like it. That's fine. It's when you start trying to take your personal preferences and make strongly worded generalizations that disagree with a lot of evidence, that has brought on some of the condescending remarks.

Also, if you seriously return 70% of your purchases on Amazon, that would again point to a you issue.

Somehow, for some reason, personal preferences don't matter when the review is a rave one.

There is zero evidence of any kind regarding the blade or rubber I purchased. It is in my closet.

As for the stuff on Amazon, I'm definitely not alone, and Amazon knows how to insulate themselves. Online sales are based upon customers not returning junk. It is a different business model one that brick-and-mortar cannot adopt. But then again, forum members can choose to follow your advice and remember where it t came from.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 4:46pm

Somehow, for some reason, personal preferences don't matter when the review is a rave one.

There is zero evidence of any kind regarding the blade or rubber I purchased. It is in my closet.

As for the stuff on Amazon, I'm definitely not alone, and Amazon knows how to insulate themselves. Online sales are based upon customers not returning junk. It is a different business model one that brick-and-mortar cannot adopt. But then again, forum members can choose to follow your advice and remember where it t came from.

It is about the general consensus, as it can sometimes be a guide for someone to begin to understand something. And still, the general consensus won't always apply to every single person. This is a logic concept, not so much an equipment buying concept. Just say that you didn't like the blade and it didn't work for you, don't call it crap when it and it's similar variants obviously work well for over half of the advanced tt-playing population.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 5:16pm

It is about the general consensus, as it can sometimesΒ be a guide for someone to begin to understand something. And still, the general consensus won't always apply to every single person. This is a logic concept, not so much an equipment buying concept. Just say that you didn't like the blade and it didn't work for you, don't call it crap when it and it's similar variants obviously work well for over half of the advanced tt-playing population.

I have no idea where advanced players get their equipment, but judging from my experiences, it is not the same as the average Joe. As I said earlier, the only (I repeat only) good equipment I ever bought was through my high rated coaches in Chicago. I also bought one solid rubber online. The rest ended up in the trash heap.

Lesson learned.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 5:22pm

It is about the general consensus, as it can sometimes be a guide for someone to begin to understand something. And still, the general consensus won't always apply to every single person. This is a logic concept, not so much an equipment buying concept. Just say that you didn't like the blade and it didn't work for you, don't call it crap when it and it's similar variants obviously work well for over half of the advanced tt-playing population.

I have no idea where advanced players get their equipment, but judging from my experiences, it is not the same as the average Joe. As I said earlier, the only (I repeat only) good equipment I ever bought was through my high rated coaches in Chicago. I also bought one solid rubber online. The rest ended up in the trash heap.

Lesson learned.

This has been discussed already. Plenty of top players get their equipment from the same retailers/NA based distributors as the rest of us. Do you even know that the blades the coach sold you weren't just grabbed out of the Killerspin warehouse? All this means is that you've gotten so used to your one combination that you anything else feels like an unwelcome change, or you haven't given ample time/don't have the adaptability to new combinations.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 5:34pm
The terms you are using to describe blades like the Viscaria -- trash, a toy, etc. -- wil pretty much ensure that not many people will pay much attention to what you say in tbe future about blades or TT equipment in general. Condecending? Perhaps but nevertheless true, albeit no skin off my back. People like what they like but some things are so far out of the mainstream thst they kind stand out. As for returning 70% of what you buy on Amazon? If I did that, which I don't, I wouldn't admit to it.

Nature apparently abhores a vacuum.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 8:39pm

I very highly recommend mirrors.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 9:46pm

This has been discussed already. Plenty of top players get their equipment from the same retailers/NA based distributors as the rest of us. Do you even know that the blades the coach sold you weren't just grabbed out of the Killerspin warehouse? All this means is that you've gotten so used to your one combination that you anything else feels like an unwelcome change, or you haven't given ample time/don't have the adaptability to new combinations.

Anyone who believes top players do not get preferential treatment is free to believe so. In my opinion it is quite ridiculous.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 9:57pm

The terms you are using to describe blades like the Viscaria -- trash, a toy, etc. -- wil pretty much ensure that not many people will pay much attention to what you say in tbe future about blades or TT equipment in general. Condecending? Perhaps but nevertheless true, albeit no skin off my back. People like what they like but some things are so far out of the mainstream thst they kind stand out. As for returning 70% of what you buy on Amazon? If I did that, which I don't, I wouldn't admit to it.

Nature apparently abhores a vacuum.

I don't care whether it not people listen to what I say, as long as they at least quote me correctly. My reference to Viscaria was concerning the ridiculous comparisons (strangely repeated so often) of the toyish True Carbon to Viscaria. Incomprehensible.

I gladly admit to my miserable online experiences and have no problems informing people of the rubbish sold online from batteries, to speakers, to TVs. It's no secret. Amazon shields itself and offers free postage paid returns to keep customers. What's more, in at least one instance, the merchandise I bought on Amazon was a fake.I only buy from Amazon because of their return policies, the only exception being this racket purchase which will be my last from an online dealer.

Unfortunately, because advertisers rule all media, the only organization I really trust for unbiased reviews is Consumer Reports.

Date Posted: 12/14/2017 at 11:58pm

Anyone who believes top players do not get preferential treatment is free to believe so. In my opinion it is quite ridiculous.

I'm not sure if you have poor reading comprehension or just like to argue for argument's sake. I said plenty of top players don't get or utilize the preferential treatment even if they could. Plenty of top players do not. Not all. The implication being that it is a stupid statement to say that retailers sell nothing but crap batches of equipment, if there are plenty of top players who have no issue with using equipment not from these mystical sources you imagine to exist everywhere. Do you understand now? 

And an answer to the question about your Killerspin blade?

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 12:16am

I'm not sure if you have poor reading comprehension or just like to argue for argument's sake. I said plenty of top players don't get or utilize the preferential treatment even if they could. Plenty of top players do not. Not all. Do you understand now?Β 

And an answer to the question about your Killerspin blade?

Sure I understand you. Don't believe it for a second. Top tier players all develop reliable channels.

I play with all kinds of blades all the time, even no-name, super-cheapos at the local University. Adapting to new blades is usually easy and even fun for me. This particular True Carbon blade is so bad, I feel it is unplayable. It is downright annoying. I prefer the super-cheapos at the University, which is what I use when I visit. No one has ever seen me play with this racket and no one ever will. It is astonishing to me that anyone is recommending it much less comparing it to a Butterfly Viscaria.

In comparison, I had a second Diamond CQ which a knowledgeable player in my club who had access to all kinds of equipment, asked me to sell to him he liked it so much which I did (I now regret it). It was made eight years ago and is of entirely different character then this new stuff being sold through online channels. I'll go to some tournaments and maybe be lucky and find something worth purchasing. Online is out of the question unless I find a reliable channel through a friend.

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 12:29am

Good job rich. You got me. I'm lying about all the top players I have been close with over the years who are/were sponsored by many different companies. All of them go into some secret chamber and come back with their special blades. You clearly know every single top tier player in the world (which you've developed from playing at the local university and community centers) and where they get their equipment from, allowing you to make yet another super-accurate all-encompassing claim.

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 12:43am

Good job rich. You got me. I'm lying about all the top players I have been close with over the years who are/were sponsored by many different companies. All of them go into some secret chamber and come back with their special blades. You clearly know every single top tier player in the world and where they get their equipment from, allowing you to make yet another super-accurate all-encompassing claim.

A pretty imaginative rewrite of my single sentence. Anyway, in your own way you pretty much substantiated what I wrote.

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 12:47am
Not imaginative. You said "top tier players all develop reliable channels". I am asserting that is not true when it comes to every top player and how they procure equipment. Perhaps you can provide some further details about the basis of your information of top players and where they get their equipment? YouTube comment section? Internet forums? I would imagine that you must be very close to a good number of top players to come to this conclusion, so I'd love to hear more details.

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 12:55am
On a side note, it is pretty comedic that the one guy who parades around as insusceptible to marketing BS swears by a Killerspin blade, a brand that had a short-lived stint of being relevant due to an excess of marketing/hype and a lack of quality products. Maybe, just maybe marketing and perceived quality aren't mutually exclusive.

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 12:59am

I have no idea where advanced players get their equipment

Sure I understand you. Don't believe it for a second. Top tier players all develop reliable channels.

LOL

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 1:51am
This is amazing.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 2:12am
Next up, I want to know what richrf thinks of Chemtrails and their impact on pingpong players

-------------

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 5:08am

Just a reminder of your first post on this thread. "Toyish" was the word.   Also "all of the ones". Maybe that just means the one True Carbon you bought?

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 5:22am

And this one. After all why quote? This is what was written. Crap blades. I did misquote you. I said you wrote "trash". Actually you wrote "crap". My mistake.

Of course it could be that this was all based on the one DTC? No, he has rejected several.

Anyway. There is a reason that ALC and related blades are popular. And it's not because some of us have secret channels.

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 8:59am

And this one. After all why quote? This is what was written. Crap blades. I did misquote you. I said you wrote "trash". Actually you wrote "crap". My mistake.

Of course it could be that this was all based on the one DTC? No, he has rejected several.

Anyway. There is a reason that ALC and related blades are popular. And it's not because some of us have secret channels.

I said my DTC was crap and it is worse than that. I said most of the new stuff I've tried out that was purchased online was crap and it was. I said that the absolutely best equipment I ever bought was purchased by my high level coaches via their channels, and it was.

I believe every review of any piece of equipment should name the channel and whether it was bought blind, furnished or purchased via a known reliable source. There is lots of junk out there that is riding the coattails of good product. There is no correlation between a well made blade, and the junk that I purchased. It is not anywhere close. Is it inconceivable that manufacturers and retailers are performing bait-and-switches? Of course not. It happens to me all the time on Amazon. A few good reviews and then plunk, the crap is pushed into the pipeline. This is why I always read the most recent reviews on Amazon and not "the highest rated" which is the default on Amazon reviews. Reviews can be and are manipulated. Everyone knows this.

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 9:01am
One big lesson I learned was never give a bad review if I want to maintain credibility. πŸ˜ƒ

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 9:57am

Date Posted: 12/15/2017 at 10:17am
I think it is time to move on.

Thread locked.

Thanks to the OP cor the video.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net