Print Page | Close Window

Trying Ma Long's forehand

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Pictures & Videos
Forum Name: Pictures
Forum Description: Post table tennis pictures here.
Moderator: mickd
Assistant Moderators:

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=85948
Printed Date: 03/28/2024 at 8:52pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Trying Ma Long's forehand
Posted By: heavyspin
Subject: Trying Ma Long's forehand
Date Posted: 05/04/2019 at 3:54pm
I think Ma Long's forehand is very explosive and I'd like to learn it. Here's a photo of my latest effort, but there are some issues. It took slightly over a minute for me to recover and get back into position - I need to shave about a minute off that. I also split my shorts.

-------------
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.

Replies:
Posted By: Giangt
Date Posted: 05/04/2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

I think Ma Long's forehand is very explosive and I'd like to learn it. Here's a photo of my latest effort, but there are some issues. It took slightly over a minute for me to recover and get back into position - I need to shave about a minute off that. I also split my shorts.

Totally identical!

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=57639&PID=697616#697616" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: mjamja
Date Posted: 05/04/2019 at 5:40pm
I have to disagree.  Looks to me like you are using lumbar rotation only instead of hip and thoracic rotation.

Soon you will have all the best shots of all the best CNT and then you will be unbeatable.

Mark 

Posted By: chongqinghotpot
Date Posted: 05/04/2019 at 7:32pm
great trial. Admire your courage. Splitting the shorts is a very small price to pay to learn ML’s forehand. You would probably have split your vertebrates had you rotated your torso as ML does. Seriously, your photo made my day! 

-------------
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64

Posted By: hleett
Date Posted: 05/04/2019 at 7:54pm
Total POWER!!! Not quite as good looking posture as the GOAT but close enough! Keep splitting up those shorts. We all rooting for you.。。加油!!!

Posted By: pingpungpeng
Date Posted: 05/04/2019 at 7:56pm
now it's the sameTongue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       LIEBHERR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted By: blahness
Date Posted: 05/04/2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

great trial. Admire your courage. Splitting the shorts is a very small price to pay to learn ML’s forehand. You would probably have split your vertebrates had you rotated your torso as ML does. Seriously, your photo made my day! 

Hahahahah split vertebrae! LOLLOLLOL 

-------------
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Date Posted: 05/04/2019 at 8:51pm
Photo modified.

-------------
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.

Posted By: vik2000
Date Posted: 05/04/2019 at 10:23pm
Lol

Posted By: Lula
Date Posted: 05/05/2019 at 12:37am
i think it is better to study the forehand he use all the time. How often Do you Do a step in? Not so often compared to the regular forehand loop i think. Now you study the footwork more than the stroke i believe. 

Posted By: infinite_loop
Date Posted: 05/05/2019 at 2:18am
Which side is you, and which side is Ma Long? Please tag the photos, otherwise forum members may mix it up.

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 05/05/2019 at 7:20am
Don’t worry about recovering time. Like MMA, if your hand touches the ground, to help you get up, it’s a let.

Posted By: Fulanodetal
Date Posted: 05/06/2019 at 2:43pm
Pretty close...

Your rubber does not look boosted enough.

FdT

Posted By: Lightspin
Date Posted: 05/06/2019 at 3:50pm
No one is more explosive than Heavyspin! 

Date Posted: 05/07/2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

I have to disagree.  Looks to me like you are using lumbar rotation only instead of hip and thoracic rotation.

Soon you will have all the best shots of all the best CNT and then you will be unbeatable.

Mark 

I hope to master each of these shots, in order of increasing difficulty.

Ma Lin's ghost serve - check
Ma Long's forehand - in progress
Liang Jingkun's fast serves
Fan Zhendong's over the table backhand flick
Ding Ning's reverse tomahawk serve
Xu Xin's off the table rpb hook shot
Rich DeWitt's underspin backhand drive

-------------

Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 05/07/2019 at 2:04pm

Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Mark 

I hope to master each of these shots, in order of increasing difficulty.

Ma Lin's ghost serve - check
Ma Long's forehand - in progress
Liang Jingkun's fast serves
Fan Zhendong's over the table backhand flick
Ding Ning's reverse tomahawk serve
Xu Xin's off the table rpb hook shot
Rich DeWitt's underspin backhand drive

doubt you will be able to master the last technique.LOL

Posted By: Fulanodetal
Date Posted: 05/07/2019 at 3:28pm
"No one is more explosive than Heavyspin!

Hmmm....broccoli and milk give me gas too.....

FdT

Posted By: taczkid
Date Posted: 10/22/2019 at 3:54pm
I would add Kreangas backhand off the table, samsonov serve toss, schlager counter, timo boll hand switch, lin gayuan haircut, calderanot serve receive stance/posture and racket movement when serving LOL Waldner touch for double bounce, ma lin's swaddling of a racket for extra air towards his face to cool down lol

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 10/22/2019 at 7:25pm
Rule 52.

LOL

Posted By: hunkeelin
Date Posted: 10/28/2019 at 4:23am

For the love of God. Stop, and fellow forum members don't encourage him. He is going to injure urself, snap a tendon or something if you try that sh*t with no formal training. I got a chronic shoulder injury trying that shit 1.5 years back. I'm 26, extremely fit, probably 150lb lighter bsck then. This is no joke. 

You swinging a 300lb body like that can easily result in torn acl, ankle issues, knee issues, achillis, back, shoulder, neck. What happen if u do that while the floor is wet and you fall? 

-------------
USATT: Current 2139 as of 11/2019

Posted By: ZingyDNA
Date Posted: 10/28/2019 at 12:15pm
I can't tell if you have a sense of humor or no sense of humor..
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

For the love of God. Stop, and fellow forum members don't encourage him. He is going to injure urself, snap a tendon or something if you try that sh*t with no formal training. I got a chronic shoulder injury trying that shit 1.5 years back. I'm 26, extremely fit, probably 150lb lighter bsck then. This is no joke. 

You swinging a 300lb body like that can easily result in torn acl, ankle issues, knee issues, achillis, back, shoulder, neck. What happen if u do that while the floor is wet and you fall? 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net