Print Page | Close Window

Cornilleau Gatien Absolum OFF+

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=87165
Printed Date: 04/20/2024 at 4:37am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Cornilleau Gatien Absolum OFF+
Posted By: guni4you
Subject: Cornilleau Gatien Absolum OFF+
Date Posted: 11/16/2019 at 7:09pm
Hi,

Has anyone tried this blade. I know it is a hard blade but is it too hard? Moreover, what are  the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of blade i.e. all wood blade with hard outer plies over inner carbon blades like long 5 or innerforce alc.

Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: tom
Date Posted: 11/16/2019 at 7:19pm
definitely faster, harder, maybe more stiff than ML5.  Think it favors a hard hitter.  Adequate spin and feel. I have battle 2  BS on fh for this blade for the impression above.

Date Posted: 11/16/2019 at 7:24pm
How is the control?

Date Posted: 11/16/2019 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by guni4you guni4you wrote:

How is the control?
no problem -  the touch is not as good as ML5, but overall a good blade, including built quality

Posted By: TT newbie
Date Posted: 11/16/2019 at 8:41pm
Calderano´s blade. He is one of the few top players still using all-wood blade.

Date Posted: 11/16/2019 at 8:58pm
how is the dwell time? Is it less? Easy to do a slow spinny loop?
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

How is the control?
no problem -  the touch is not as good as ML5, but overall a good blade, including built quality

Date Posted: 11/16/2019 at 9:25pm

how is the dwell time? Is it less? Easy to do a slow spinny loop?

How is the control?
the dwell time have to be decent for a blade to be usable with tacky hard sponge Chinese rubber.  With that being said if you want a reliable answer to the slow loop question, I could test that out for you next week.

Date Posted: 11/17/2019 at 10:22am
Anyone else tried this blade?

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 11/17/2019 at 11:28am

definitely faster, harder, maybe more stiff than ML5.  Think it favors a hard hitter.  Adequate spin and feel. I have battle 2  BS on fh for this blade for the impression above.

Harder like carbonado 190 or intensity NCT?

Date Posted: 11/17/2019 at 12:23pm
How is it compared to stiga rosewood VII

Date Posted: 11/17/2019 at 12:31pm
never played RW7. Against RW5, more power , speed, slightly stiffer,less feel,  less control, dwell

Date Posted: 11/17/2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Harder like carbonado 190 or intensity NCT?
didn't play those 2, harder than 145, but maybe similar to 290 in  feel but slower

Posted By: bokai
Date Posted: 11/18/2019 at 8:10am
I used Absolum for nearly 2 years now and I must say its my favourite blade. I have 4 of them and the thing i like most about it is that the blade has great feeling when the ball is hit hard. Feels solid. Control, speed, feel, build quality all excellent. Just I find spinning with it hard to do because of its harder outer but I compensate this by using Dignics 05.

Date Posted: 11/18/2019 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

I used Absolum for nearly 2 years now and I must say its my favourite blade. I have 4 of them and the thing i like most about it is that the blade has great feeling when the ball is hit hard. Feels solid. Control, speed, feel, build quality all excellent. Just I find spinning with it hard to do because of its harder outer but I compensate this by using Dignics 05.

Must be something like nostalgic 7 stiff and hard to make spin

Date Posted: 11/19/2019 at 7:41pm
I have never tried nostalgic 7 but I noticed a number of stiga blades I have tried have a strange vibration feeling when hitting hard with it. I have tried Rosewood, ebenholz, clipper series and also a few of their carbon blades. I feel stiga blades are very good on the forehand side but backhand lacks. This is further supported by the chinese national team who arguably have the best forehands in the world but even then not all of them use stiga..... They mainly like viscaria. Back to the topic tho, Absolum is different to the stiga hardwood series IMO. 

Date Posted: 11/19/2019 at 7:54pm

I have never tried nostalgic 7 but I noticed a number of stiga blades I have tried have a strange vibration feeling when hitting hard with it. I have tried Rosewood, ebenholz, clipper series and also a few of their carbon blades. I feel stiga blades are very good on the forehand side but backhand lacks. This is further supported by the chinese national team who arguably have the best forehands in the world but even then not all of them use stiga..... They mainly like viscaria. Back to the topic tho, Absolum is different to the stiga hardwood series IMO. 

It depends I played with rakza po on a rosewood 7 and with baxter F1a es very solid with a nice very even flex

Posted By: JeanPhillippe
Date Posted: 11/19/2019 at 9:28pm
I liked Cornilleau metal nets.

I like Gatien also but he lose in Olympics and disappoint mi

Posted By: Dream1700
Date Posted: 11/19/2019 at 10:01pm

Nostalgic Allround does not have those strange vibrations.

Date Posted: 11/20/2019 at 9:27am
Ebenholz is the hardest out of rosewood and nostalgic am i right? Cos nostalgic is Wenge but ebony is harder than wenge

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net