Print Page | Close Window

4K ULTRA HD Westchester TT January Open Highlights

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Pictures & Videos
Forum Name: Videos
Forum Description: Post table tennis video download information here.
Moderator: mickd
Assistant Moderators:

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91378
Printed Date: 03/28/2024 at 8:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 4K ULTRA HD Westchester TT January Open Highlights
Posted By: hassancooking
Subject: 4K ULTRA HD Westchester TT January Open Highlights
Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 10:56am

Hope you all enjoy the footage and highlights! 

Replies:
Posted By: heavyspin
Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 2:32pm
The highlights video came out great - you selected some spectacular points. Thank you for including me! I looked pretty good against "Kid Chop."

-------------
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 8:02pm
Starting at 2min30s, Kokou Dodji Fanny's backhand is extraordinary, totally effortless like he was born with it. As a Togolese man he talks French fluently so I'll  get a lesson from him when I stops NYC. 

It was not too hard to look him up, I only had "Togo" from the back of his t-shirt but "Togo player table tennis New York" did the rest :)

http://www.tellerreport.com/sports/2021-07-24-tokyo-2021--kokou-dodji-fanny--a-togolese-table-tennis-player-delighted-at-the-olympics.H1DiQtKRO.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/2021-07-24-tokyo-2021--kokou-dodji-fanny--a-togolese-table-tennis-player-delighted-at-the-olympics.H1DiQtKRO.html

Heavyspin that fh loop is so fluid, I want to play like you!!! Clap

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Posted By: DonnOlsen
Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 8:54pm

Super,Super, Extra Super Video!

Thanks so much!

-------------
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

The highlights video came out great - you selected some spectacular points. Thank you for including me! I looked pretty good against "Kid Chop."

Ayyy thank you for your kind words! That kid is awesome by the way. Hope he continues playing :D 

Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

Starting at 2min30s, Kokou Dodji Fanny's backhand is extraordinary, totally effortless like he was born with it. As a Togolese man he talks French fluently so I'll  get a lesson from him when I stops NYC. 

It was not too hard to look him up, I only had "Togo" from the back of his t-shirt but "Togo player table tennis New York" did the rest :)

http://www.tellerreport.com/sports/2021-07-24-tokyo-2021--kokou-dodji-fanny--a-togolese-table-tennis-player-delighted-at-the-olympics.H1DiQtKRO.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.tellerreport.com/sports/2021-07-24-tokyo-2021--kokou-dodji-fanny--a-togolese-table-tennis-player-delighted-at-the-olympics.H1DiQtKRO.html

Kokou is impeccable to watch and a great joy to be around. His smile is extremely infectious and his attitude about life makes you happy to just be in the vicinity. 10/10 would recommend! Glad you enjoyed watching him as much as I did :) 

Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Super,Super, Extra Super Video!

Thanks so much!

Appreciate the love <3 Thank you : 

Posted By: mjamja
Date Posted: 02/09/2022 at 11:38pm
Did I see Richard DeWitt sitting in the background?  How did he play?

Mark

Date Posted: 02/10/2022 at 12:06am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Mark

All things considered he played pretty decent! He lost to Sho Miyazaki in the Semi of the U2200

Posted By: kindof99
Date Posted: 02/10/2022 at 12:21am

That backhand was really killing. 

-------------
/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65174&title=feedback-for-kindof99" rel="nofollow - My Feedback | /forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77924" rel="nofollow - Sale

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 02/10/2022 at 6:57am
Thank you very much! Some of matches worth to watch in full

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 02/10/2022 at 7:00am
you meant worth LOL

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 02/10/2022 at 7:57am

you meant worth LOL

Thank you! Fixed :)

Date Posted: 02/10/2022 at 8:58am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Mark

Forget the sitting; Start watching at 7:55, next to the feature match he is playing a few points against Cory Johnson the chopper who is always difficult for Rich.

-------------
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.

Date Posted: 02/10/2022 at 9:09am
I looked pretty good against "Kid Chop."

Although I'm known by many as never being negative, I must say that smiling in the middle of a point is not appropriate or helpful.  Harimoto doesn't smile during points; we all need role models in all aspects of this very difficult sport.

Seriously, do you think Mjamja would be grinning during the point in this situation against the talented kid?

Plus, as it's Olympic time, you never see the curlers grinning when the rock is moving.  They are Olympians!

Thanks.   

-------------

Posted By: mickd
Date Posted: 02/11/2022 at 9:38am
This is amazing! Thank you for the video. Also loved seeing heavyspin in there. Looking great against that kid with amazing chops.

Date Posted: 02/11/2022 at 9:48am

Seriously, do you think Mjamja would be grinning during the point in this situation against the talented kid?

The only reason we don't see Mjamja grinning is because his beard is in the way.

-------------
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.

Date Posted: 02/11/2022 at 10:06am

Plus, as it's Olympic time, you never see the curlers grinning when the rock is moving.  They are Olympians!

I think you made a sweeping generalization. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 02/11/2022 at 3:21pm

Although I'm known by many as never being negative, I must say that smiling in the middle of a point is not appropriate or helpful.  Harimoto doesn't smile during points; we all need role models in all aspects of this very difficult sport.

Thanks.   

Idk fam. I'm all for paying attention and focusing but we all play tournaments for different goals. That being said -- any time someone is advocating NOT SMILING, it's kinda hard to not look at that person as if they're not a cartoon villain type. I get what you're going for, but that ain't it chief. 

Date Posted: 02/11/2022 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

This is amazing! Thank you for the video. Also loved seeing heavyspin in there. Looking great against that kid with amazing chops.

Thank you so much for your kind words :) Look forward to more and subscribe for latest notifications on these videos coming up :) 

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 02/11/2022 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by hassancooking hassancooking wrote:

Kokou is impeccable to watch and a great joy to be around. His smile is extremely infectious and his attitude about life makes you happy to just be in the vicinity. 10/10 would recommend! Glad you enjoyed watching him as much as I did :) 

Is Kokou now a chopper?

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Date Posted: 02/11/2022 at 5:06pm
I think you made a sweeping generalization.

As always, very witty!  You (and the curlers) rock!

-------------

Posted By: big d
Date Posted: 02/13/2022 at 11:49pm
one of the Best videos I’ve ever seen. Great job with the highlights. I’m hoping you can do this professionally. Do you have a manager I can get in touch with?

-------------
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m

Date Posted: 02/15/2022 at 8:34pm
Hey y'all! Trying to figure out what the table tennis fans want. Do ya'll enjoy more extended long form versions of the footage? Or do you prefer condensed with music and more edited like this: 

Let me know, 
Thanks! 
Al.

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 02/16/2022 at 9:22am
Originally posted by hassancooking hassancooking wrote:

Hey y'all! Trying to figure out what the table tennis fans want. Do ya'll enjoy more extended long form versions of the footage? Or do you prefer condensed with music and more edited like this: 

Let me know, 
Thanks! 
Al.

The one thing I will give you (music or no music) is that you kept the sound of the ball.  There is no point for me in watching a TT video with music if I don't hear the sound of the ball - the sound of the ball is the most beautiful sound in table tennis - no matter how good any music is, it does not deserve to crowd out the sound of the ball.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Date Posted: 02/16/2022 at 3:58pm
Don’t need music

Date Posted: 02/17/2022 at 8:25am

Speaking of curling: Did you see the women curler who had to retire from the competition and be replaced due to a calf injury?  Who knew the risks?

-------------

Date Posted: 02/17/2022 at 8:58am

Speaking of curling: Did you see the women curler who had to retire from the competition and be replaced due to a calf injury?  Who knew the risks?

I didn't know that. Did you hear about the curler who tested positive for drugs? He was a stoner.

-------------

Posted By: amateur
Date Posted: 02/17/2022 at 10:02am
better without music

Posted By: Eric Fountain
Date Posted: 02/17/2022 at 4:41pm
First video is great! Good window into what that club looks like, the level of the players and some great points. Makes me want to travel and get out into tournaments somewhere. You guys in that area are so lucky to have access to something like that every month. As far as music goes that will be pretty subjective based on what you chose but to me the first song is okayish but then it sort of devolves into not even music but more like a movie trailer and the vibe is way off. Something more chill works better imo and as someone said above if you are going to use music, relatively low in volume is good so the ball and TT sounds still carry through. 

Date Posted: 02/21/2022 at 7:08am
Did you hear about the curler who tested positive for drugs? He was a stoner.

First to ask is: What performance enhancing drugs, specifically, improves the performance of the curlers?  I have my speculations but I want certain verification so that I can Follow the Science.

More than a smidgen of skepticism arises from the posted report on the association of curling and the state of being "stoned."  A stoner of the 1950's and 1960's in the U.S. was consistently associated with the drug marijuana, which is a banned substance by WADA for its athletic performance enhancing abilities.

I know about this drug because I and my school classmates were presented in that time period with a movie produced by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, known as the FBI.  [Now, today, long after, it remains the only FBI movie I have ever seen.]  In the movie, it was, it stark terms, forcefully communicated to us the psychological outcome of the use of marijuana cigarettes was psychosis.  I remember this because that was when I learned the definition of the term.  [Readily available was the immediate contrast with tobacco cigarettes, which were favorably looked upon as they healthfully functioned to "clean out the lungs."  [My dad, a physician, smoked tobacco cigarettes (the Camels' brand was the overwhelming favorite among health professions such as physicians, even though it was widely know and accepted that "Lucky Strikes mean fine tobacco.")  I always presumed my dad wanted cleaned out lungs too.]

[An accompanying public health exercise of that time was the "Nuclear Bomb drill," in which we dutifully practiced in school.  Upon a chime, we would get up from our desks, drop to the floor and hide under our desk, shielding ourselves from the negative effects of a nuclear attack from the Soviet Union.  So impressed was I by this public health mitigation strategy that I have continued to practice this drill daily, accumulating decades and decades of emotional security as well as the assurance that if the Soviet Union does as anticipated, that I would be ready. 

To help keep the public health threat in mind, "air raid sirens" were installed on the top of school in our town, with a weekly testing of the systems blasting through the neighborhoods.  If used in an actual air raid by the Soviet Union, the under-the-desk drill is to be performed.]

It is due to this scientific understanding from the FBI of the effects of marijuana cigarettes that fosters the skeptical eye on the employment of this substance as a performance enhancing method used by the curlers.  In my long viewership of the sport of curling, I have never observed a psychotic curler, not one.  As a group, they seem the opposite: docile and serious, thoughtful and prudent, modest and reserved, analytical and perceptive.

I must, therefore, find myself unaccepting of this posting report.

Thanks.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net