Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: DHS #15 VOC-Free Glue (98ml Tube)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: DHS #15 VOC-Free Glue (98ml Tube)
    Posted: 08/30/2008 at 9:17am
This is a VOC free non-speed glue that is used for attaching rubber to blade.   In the 98ml tube size, the glue is said to be concentrated (it is thicker than similar glue from Butterfly or Donic).   The glue has a slightly creamy color rather than the more common pure white.   The adhesion of the DHS #15 is very good with even the first coat on a new sponge.

I've used the DHS #15 glue just once but that is already enough to know I like it much more than the white glues from Butterfly (Free Chack), or the identical Donic (Vario Clean). 

Also the sponge applicators (3) from DHS also are much stiffer and bigger.  This means there is no need for a clip to hold the sponge AND the sponge is easily washed out so that you can continue to reuse the applicator time after time.  

In contrast, the Butterfly and Donic sponges are smaller (need clip) and much softer with greater glue penetration into the sponge.  This makes them difficult to wash out since the glue gets deeper and their softness allows the glue to hold them in a collapsed state when sqeezing them during washing.  You can get at most three gluings out of one of these sponges (and they will be pretty stiff and hard the third time).

Lastly, the cap on the DHS #15 screws on and won't come off inadvertantly in your equipment bag.   The Butterfly and DONIC caps simply pull on and off and can get occassionally knocked off inside your equipment bag.

I highly recommend DHS #15 VOC-Free in the 98ml tube.
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 9:35am
The No 15 glue in the tube is thicker than the No 15 glue in the little (50ml) and big bottles , so it has stronger adhesion. DHS recommends the tube for domed rubber that require the stronger bond. The glue seems pretty harmless, so I use my finger to spread it...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 9:38am
Good info on why DHS made a thicker version.

It is harmless and I have used my finger on the white glues (as well as the voc glues) but the sponge helps make the glue layer more uniform than I am able to get with my finger (before the glue dries to much).

JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 2:18pm
Last but not least......The DHS #15 VOC-Free glue (98ml tube) peels like a dream!!!!!!!!!   I've never had a glue peel this easy!   Great stuff.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 4:01pm
im so happy i just got some (98ml tube) I've had so much trouble with BTY free chack coming off and those little foam rolls/clips are just a hassle. I have to keep track of the clip, and like you said the sponge just cant be washed out it stays collapsed.
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 4:35pm
does it stay on the sponge when you take your rubber off the blade or is their residue on the blade,also is the sponge straight away usable or do you have to remove the glue 1st,or just add another coat?
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2008 at 6:05pm
Have tried the setup glued with it in an ENEZ??
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 12:21am
Originally posted by firetack firetack wrote:

does it stay on the sponge when you take your rubber off the blade or is their residue on the blade,also is the sponge straight away usable or do you have to remove the glue 1st,or just add another coat?

The glue stays on the blade. Doesn't stay on the sponge. JRSDallas and Beeray1, I hope you guys don't mind if I mention that you both got the DHS #15 VOC-Free Glue from me. Here's the thread:
http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20383&PN=1
And the glue will pass the ENEZ. Guaranteed.
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 1:22am
No problem.  Its great glue.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 1:25am
ofcourse i dont mind. when you say it doesn't stay on the sponge, do you mean that as an answer to the quote like you have to remove it before hand of the next coat, or do you mean when you take off the rubber it just comes off the sponge and sticks to the blade? thats weird.. probably the first one! I can't wait to glue up though! i just need a BH rubber, and I'm good to go! I want to play this at the club on wednesday, but even if i ordered today i wouldnt get it till maybe friday.
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 1:41am
It sticks to both the blade and the sponge but a lot stays with the blade. 

Also, what portion of it that does stick to the sponge is either comes loose when pulling the rubber from the blade, or it peels from the sponge (pull or roll method) very easily.

The glue that stays on the blade also can be remove from the blade very easily by simple rubbing and rolling.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2008 at 1:45am
you dont even have to sand it at all? is this in regards to just one layer?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2008 at 10:55pm
hey i just got done gluing up for the first time... its so thick!!! how can i spread it evenly without it drying and rolling as i apply it? I used it along with the #1 intensifier, which i left on for 2 hours and got a great dome. But My other quesion is why is it so hard to squeeze out of the tube?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2008 at 11:27pm
OH NO!! i have been wondering how in the world i got glue on my forearms and in the hair on my arm, turns out there was a hole in the bottom of the tube.. :( Now im gonna waste extra ml every time i glue.. I wonder how it got there???
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2017 at 2:55pm
I recently got the big DHS No.15 VOC-free glue bottle. Very thick inside the bottle and doesn't flow too easily. So makes it so easy to get a set amount of glue on the rubber or blade before spreading with the sponge. Peels off very very easily in a single stretchy rubber sheet. 

Recommended compared to most other glues!
buyog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buyog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 4:55pm
Thanks for the review was hesitant to get this voc free glue as it is way cheaper than other known brands. Had a nightmare with speed glue on my donic s2 and barracuda rubbers, the sponge noticeable shrunk
LKT 8030

FH: Acuda S1

BH: Barracuda

CMSreader

LotArea
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2022 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

The No 15 glue in the tube is thicker than the No 15 glue in the little (50ml) and big bottles , so it has stronger adhesion. DHS recommends the tube for domed rubber that require the stronger bond. The glue seems pretty harmless, so I use my finger to spread it...

where can i buy the thicker #15 glue

revive
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic