FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Robot name

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robot name
    Posted: 05/20/2012 at 1:55pm
I don't have much experience with Robots.  But today I played a robot that was pretty advance.  The coach got a new machine it seems.  But I couldn't figure out it's name.

I think it's chinese, because I saw characters for left and right on the control panel and the English logo I think was "Amart"

It wasn't like the Newgy I've trained against, that have the ball thrower encased in plastics.  In biking terms it was nakkid.  Or there was no covering over the ball thrower.  You could see the wheel mechanism adjusting their angles.

The reason I was impressed is because it could simulate serves, with some little variations between balls, like a real multiball session.  Not like Newgy where the head oscillates across the entire table.  So it is like playing against a low level kid hitting balls everywhere.   Or set it for one point with Newgy, it's always the same ball with heavy spin, the only variation is if the ball quality is bad and you get an odd ball shot out.  

The spin quality and slight variations between balls was like training with a human, or at least when it came to receiving serves...lol. 
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1
Sponsored Links

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 2:50pm
Not sure what robot you're referring to... maybe look on the 'Far East Sports' site.

However (and I'm SO sorry for taking your thread off topic in the first reply), when I saw the thread title I actually thought you might be referring to people naming their robots... like, giving them a nickname. Mine goes by the name Paddy...

Okay, again, I'm really sorry for this completely useless reply, Power7... please forgive me. Big smile

Edited by Pondus - 05/20/2012 at 8:53pm
power7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote power7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 8:05pm
Pondus, 

Thanks, it was most likely the

Oukei/AMDT TW2700-08
I misread the logo on the control panel.

Well yeah, I name my blade and each rubber.  Sometime I name a favorite ball.  Doesn't everyone?  How else can you make more friends at the TT club?

DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic