Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubber for Petr Korbel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber for Petr Korbel
    Posted: 12/22/2023 at 4:34pm
Hi All,

Having stepped down from carbon blades to solidify the foundations of my game, I'm exploring rubber options for my new Petr Korbel blade (92g).

I quite like tacky rubbers but I suspect that too much tack might end up in insufficient speed levels.

Some candidates to mention: Tibhar K3, Victas V>20 Double Extra, Stiga Dragon Grip, Hurricane 3 NEO, Donic Bluefire M2. 

I'm seeking to improve my FH game in particular - strong spinny open-ups, counterlooping and powerlooping.

Any rubber ideas/recommendations that go well together with this blade?

Thank you

Edited by Rollko - 12/22/2023 at 4:35pm
Sponsored Links

monkey401 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkey401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2024 at 9:55am
Korbel himself uses T80 on both sides. I’ve tried D05, D09c, T05, T80 for some time and I preferred T80.  To make things more complicated I've previously had 2 Korbels at the same time and one is more stiff and less flexy than the other. The stiffer blade was good with T05 where the more flexy blade (higher throw) didn’t suit T05 as much. Overall you can’t go wrong with T80.
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2024 at 1:19pm
I say medium-hard to hard rubbers are very compatible with this blade. Chinese type of rubbers are also excellent. If you are concerned about too much tack not resulting in adequate speed levels, it can just mean you should optimize your strokes better to get the most out of your shots, which is not entirely bad. Otherwise the hybrid rubbers should still present sufficient speed.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2024 at 9:31am
I would be interested in how this Carbon to Korbel experiment goes after you have given it some time. Maybe in a new post?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic