Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schildkr�t

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schildkr�t
    Posted: 08/15/2006 at 10:33pm
Do you recognize this blade and rubber?
A friend of mine bought this setup from PaddlePalace ages ago and they don't carry Schildkr�t equipment anymore. My friend wants to get the same setup as his current one is pretty banged up. Does any one know where you can get the Schildkr�t Jean-Michel Saive blade and Schildkr�t Energy rubber?

If it's not possible to buy/find the same setup, what are the closet things one can get that would have the similar performance and play charateristics?

Thanks in advance!
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Sponsored Links

thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 3:34am
I can sympathize with your friend because I have the orginal red and green Vmax and Cmax. There is no way I can get another one of those no matter where I look. I think they are the best-even Saive was using them. Good luck with your search. I think that there are place on-line that sells Schildkr�t equipment but a lot of the blades including the two I mentioned are discontinued.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 10:45am
Thanks for your reply. Yes, my friend has been searching for a very long time. It looks like Schildkr�t is still in business, but just not manufacturing this particular blade and the rubber anymore. I think I'll try to contact Schildkr�t directly and see if they can give any recommendation about this dilemma.

My friend has tried few other setups already, but he keeps coming back to this old Schildkr�t setup.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
salsaking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 12:02pm
It looks like the only products they make now are here:

www.olinent.com

I don't see any of your mentioned products. They did have a couple blades left at ping-pong.com though, may want to check to see if they still have any in stock......
Visse View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Visse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 4:33pm

Some of the Energy and Cmax rubbers may be available at:

www.ping-pong.com  

Visse SS blade
Donic Quattro formula
http://castldine.tripod.com/table_tennis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 4:49pm
Thanks, salsaking & Visse! Will check with ping-pong.com store.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2006 at 2:14am
I've been to that place looking for Cmax and Vmax. They don't have anything. Those so called improved versions are just too different than the orginal versions, a completely different feel of the blades. In fact I bought a later version of Cmax from sunmarkinc.com (no longer in business) and it's sitting home, collecting dust. Anyone interested pm me.
GenomicsKnight, I bet that the reason your friend likes this blade for one reason, its control. Cmax and Vmax are the same, best control blades ever because of the wood they use to make the blades. But they don't use the same materials anymore. Don't know why.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2006 at 3:03pm
Hey thethinker,

Thanks for the valuable information. You are absolutely right about the control part of it. We have attempted to duplicate the setup with other brands of blade and rubber, but so far they didn't come close. I'll tell my friend not to waste time and money with the Schildkr�t stuff that ping-pong.com carries.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic