tabletennis11.com

Serving, grippy vs tacky

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 1:26am
You guys are forgetting the subjectivity of technique:

Just because I create better spin on service with H3 does not mean that a player who has used Sriver FX for 10 years will be able to do the same.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Sponsored Links

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 1:46am
I would agree that getting use to a rubber can make you serve better with it. But all things equal I still think the same player would increase their control with a tacky rubber. You can get used to anti-spin but it's not going to create more spin than the same rubber design with a topsheet that has a better friction coefficient. 

Edited by Thaidog - 08/31/2010 at 1:47am
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 2:47am
soft rubbers you gotta use a more soft motion because if u swing too fast, the ball will just skid off and squeak as it goes nowhere, whereas hard ones you can use a more violent swing.

lets look at the machine test loop wise, most of the spin and control from loops come from the outter parts of your arms. Just like a record player, the disk spins faster on the outter ends than the inside. The faster the outside, the more spin you get. Whilst the test is just a clamped racket with a machine shooting it. That has nothing to do with any body mechanics or full usage of the rubbers.

So many issues with this test, but ive come from a background using both types for a long time so i stand by my statement.
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 3:00am
I agree that comparing two different people using two different rubbers is not very accurate.  I think I can use two different rubbers and tell the difference because I would do the serves the same way much like I use the Gambler paddle like I would use the TBS+2xT05.  I should add YMMV.

Originally posted by Thaidog Thaidog wrote:

But all things equal I still think the same player would increase their control with a tacky rubber.
Why?  Because the rubber is tacky?  What do you think makes tacky rubber more 'controllable'?
What is you definition of 'controllable'?  I think the term controllable is a joke.  At this time I find T05 to be not very controllable but Timo Boll seems to control T05 very well.  On the other hand Timo Boll would probably go nuts with my 'control' paddle because he would find that he couldn't do what he can with T05.    I bet the definition of 'controllable' and what provides better control changes from person to person and especially by skill level.

davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 3:16am
more linear means more controllable....look back in speed glue days for good example. When you see euro rubbers in looping action, the ball takes a huge crank and curve in the air. Very hard to pinpoint where that goes dont you think? Chinese rubbers are more linear fashion so you can direct it where you want,

tacky rubbers have much more hard contact with the ball. More hard contact gives more feedback and bodily control over rubber vs control body to match the rubber. Like i said earlier, for softer rubbers i have to use softer swings to match the rubber, if i swing too fast, the serve is degraded. Chinese rubber i can use any speed and power and still get good results.

But yeah, generally youre saying you can produce world class spins on serves with a grippy anti spin rubber. No matter how much physics or sugar you toss to make your experiments look pretty, if you dont have thousands of dollars to expend on REAL tests considering most of the factors, you shouldnt throw your statement in so strongly.

Im comin in this one like a bit** but a player who played both rubbers considerably long is much more influence than people who just study it.
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 3:18am
Drop a ball on your Tenergy directly above it and measure the distance it bounces up. Next do the same thing with Apollo. You will note that the ball bounces less, if any, with Apollo. The "control" I'm talking about in part has to do with being able to swing fast, impart a lot of spn and still keep the ball short. The tackiness of the rubber helps in all of these factors. When you get Apollo it will be so tacky when you first hit with it that you will have trouble hitting it over the net. Here is another video review:

http://www.youtube.com/user/worldrubber#p/u/0/xjLfPONYHz8

Also, looking at one of your videos testing rubbers on the robot, one thing to note is you have the robot on high and you are hitting the rubber directly with a flat racket... at that speed you seem to be trying to test what to expect when looping... but when looping the racket angle is always closed. It may be more valuable to measure results from an angled racket face.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 3:25am
yup. tacky sheets give greater control over lower and higher gears. You get better control and feel on the game if you hit the ball short and increasingly hit it harder using technique rather than using stuff that hits way too hard and you have to minimize your swing.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 6:56am
So, you guys are saying that tacky rubbers is a great way to hide the fact that you lack the touch? Seriously folks, it is individual preferences and the differences between them isn't that great, even though they require different technique.

This isn't exactly my line of expertise, but if you use a tacky rubber, you have very high friction, so you will put nice spin on the ball, but once the ball is supposed to leave the blade/rubber, the tackiness still holds on to it, which would decrease the spin, right?
The holy grail
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

So, you guys are saying that tacky rubbers is a great way to hide the fact that you lack the touch? Seriously folks, it is individual preferences and the differences between them isn't that great, even though they require different technique.

This isn't exactly my line of expertise, but if you use a tacky rubber, you have very high friction, so you will put nice spin on the ball, but once the ball is supposed to leave the blade/rubber, the tackiness still holds on to it, which would decrease the spin, right?

Well some of us aren't good enough to serve with anti-spin and still make good serves... is that what you're getting at...? It's some sort of weakness like somebody who can't loop so they have to play junk rubber? Wink

Edited by Thaidog - 08/31/2010 at 7:17am
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 9:41am
Serving with anti isn't easy, due to the low amount of friction, but a regular grippy rubber can grab the ball as good as a tacky rubber and generate as much spin, if used correctly. I've played with Chinese rubbers for most of my time as a serious player, but have switched to grippy rubbers and I can produce pretty much the same serve now as before.

As for junk rubbers, I'm fine with that, it really is junk and it's such a pleasure to beat a double inverted player despite giving them the handicap of me using junk on one side =)
The holy grail
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 10:05am

but a regular grippy rubber can grab the ball as good as a tacky rubber and generate as much spin, if used correctly.

*If used correctly.

I can produce pretty much the same serve now as before.

*Pretty much.

You know I was there and saw you surcome to the T05 peer pressure. I remember that thread as if it was yesterday. Everything was fine... you liked your roxon... and then somebody pushed a few buttons and programmed you. Now I bet when you even say the name Tenergy the balls around the room start to spin out of control and jump about. Please take off the blinders!!!!

Edited by Thaidog - 08/31/2010 at 10:08am
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 10:36am
As with any rubber, you have to use them correctly to get spin, regardless of if they are tacky or grippy.

As for Roxon vs Tenergy, I loved my Roxon and had no intentions on trying the Tenergy rubbers as I though they were over-priced. Then, I got an offer to buy a sheet really, really cheap, so I decided to see what all the fuss was about. As you might remember, my first experience with T 05 was horrible. I hated that rubber and felt it was completely useless. Why? I don't know if I failed to adapt to it, or perhaps the rubber needed a breaking in period, but the second time around, itperfrmed much better and now I absolutely love it. Believe me, I truly wanted to hate it, since I was 100% confident that all the positive remarks were made because of the hype that surround BTY. I still think the hype that surrounds BTY is to big, but with Tenergy, I have to admitt, BTY have managed to create a unique rubber and the T 05 fits me like a glove. I'm notclaiming I can make more spin then players who don't use Tenergy, but I can create more spin with Tenergy then what I have been able todo with any other rubber, including several tacky rubbers, used with speed glue.

My main point is, each rubber type has it's advantages, but it depends on your technique and with the right technique, you can make identical shots with them, be they grippy or tacky. Cause, if one was superior to the other, then why on earth do they both still exists???

EDIT: Forgot to add, the reason I said pretty much is that it have been roughly 2 years since I changed away from tacky rubbers and since then, my serve have improved, but if I went back to tacky rubbers, my serve would probably not become better or worse then it is today. So, I couldactually make the claim that I get more spinfrom grippy rubbers then I've ever had with tacky, which is true, but this has nothing to do with the rubbers, this is due to my improved technique.

Edited by Speedplay - 08/31/2010 at 10:38am
The holy grail
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 10:56am
Speedplay I want to say that I have always respected you and I will respect your choice to use T05 if you are truly happy with it for the right reasons. I'm also glad to hear you say it's not all due to your equipment change also. As for the tacky vs grippy arguement... I am not able to agree on a purely technical level with you however. Unitl proper scientific testing can prove that wrong I must cling to that belief. Well anyway I've got to get to work so I guess I'll check how this thread progresses tonight - peace!
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 11:14am
i STILL dont understand how people can say grippy provides more spin than tacky..... more friction is more output. Like i said before, youre saying that with grippy anti spin rubber, you can give me a serve with just as much spin as h3?

You know, those 20dollar rackets out on the supermarket is pretty much dead rubber, BUT theyre pretty grippy ya know. If you can generate as much spin with that racket as you can with a tacky rubber, then you are god. If you cant, then you have no further proof.
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 12:14pm
I havent read the whole discussion, but I think one point is missing here.
What is grippy rubber?
grippy <> nontacky
while tacky is clearly defined by..eg. sticking light objects to it, grippy runs from tenergy surface to antitopspin rubber surface (according to previous discussion)

the first thing:
very tacky ... implying that they can impart a lot of spin without much impact force
NO. I am sure somebody said this before - tackiness works against spin, you need enough force to overcome/overpower the tackiness. THEN it works for you, not against you.

Tenergy with its grippy topsheet works better. Even the tinniest (change in) movement of the racket projects into the spin of the ball. Such movements will lead into dead balls with very tacky rubber.

It also depends on amount of the tackiness, then the elasticity of the topsheet and other. It is not about tackiness only. Some tacky rubbers still react nicely on small movements. Some do not.

For me, the best topsheet is grippy H3 topsheet. Generally DHS is TOP brand for tacky topsheets.

It used to be: For those, who dont have good touch for the ball, tacky means better serves. The only think to do is to brush the ball fast and there is spin. With grippy rubbers like MarkV there is technique needed, working with topsheet, sponge, wrist.. It is harder.

But now, I think every child can get better spin in service from tenergy than from .. kokutaku 868.

Ha, now I look like butterfly agent :D

Speedplay is right, they did good job with tenergy
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 1:50pm
Thaidog, I respect your opinion. This i what forums are all about, to share opinions and we don't always have to agree. As long as we both are happy with our equipment and feel it brings out the best of us, then all is good.

Davidzou, I can't remember reading any claims that a grippy anti (goes against the purpose of anti, so it confuses me. 804 is the only anti I have tried with grip, and I don't think that is a "real" anti) can create more spin then a tacky rubber. What's been said is that the difference is minor and I have to agree with thomas.gt. loads of tack seems towork against the spin, while mildy tacky rubbers might provide some help, but in my opinion, no more help then a grippy rubber.
The holy grail
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 3:48pm
You can get something TOO tacky. At a tourney, I played a guy that had good form and I thought I would have a hard game with him. Before his first serve, he held his blade flat, put the ball on it and tipped the blade vertical. It took a full 5 seconds for the ball to roll down the vertical surface and drop off at the bottom. I was sure he was trying to syke me and it worked for a few hits. I put his first three loops in the net. There was not much spin even with good strokes.
I think that when the rubber loads up, and then tries to release the ball as it returns to it's original shape, the super tack holds on to the ball stopping some of the spin. He was not hard to beat. His rubber did react a lot to my spin. TOO Tacky. I forgot to ask him how he made it so sticky. Wish I had just out of curiosity.
Everyone is talking about grippy or tacky for serves. In China, they used SUPER spinny serves. My serves did not have as much spin as theirs but I took many points off them because of Deception type serves. I can make very spinny serves but have to change my grip. I do better just using deception.  I have many, forhand and backhand. There was one guy that was known as having the best serves in Guangdong Province although we had several higher ranked players. (provincial level) He played in my club. We got to hit one day and after some volleys, he started to give me some of his hard, spinny serves. They were hard all right so I started to give him some of my serves. The first one is a phoney chop and he popped it straight up. The look on his face was priceless. Then a BIG smile. We spent one hour just showing each other serves. He used H-3 Pro on the forhand and so did I. He was pen and I shake. I had Sriver FX on the backhand and could take him with deceptive serves with that also. He would be a 2500 player and I could not touch him in a game but on serves, I did very well against him. No matter how much spin you put on a ball, the good players will read it. However, more can be gained from "deception" on serves for most players. After that day, he would always hit with me any chance he got. Smile
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 3:49pm
okay there buddy. Thats what this whole debate is saying. The guy running the tests claims that grippy can produce the same spin as tacky. And youre saying that an anti spin grippy CANT produce as much spin as a tacky rubber all of a sudden.

I dont understand how loads of tack reduces the amount of spin. That makes no sense, its like you guys are saying there's a set limit on spin you can achieve and if you pass it then the spin degrades.

Tacky rubbers you can swing as hard and fast as you can and input more energy for more spin outtage because the rubber CAN hold onto the ball to do that. Use a euro/jap rubber and use the same force and stroke to try producing that spin, and the ball will slip across the rubber because theres NOT ENOUGH TACK TO HOLD THE BALL.

I said it before and ill say it again. How many times do you EVER see people whiffing service returns into the net against timo boll? How many times do you see people whiffing serves into the net against chinese players?

edit for hookshot*
Only reason why you "think" theres not as much spin is because youre probably returning it with a grippy not so tacky rubber(which is reasonable). But dont claim it doesnt have much spin. If you touched it with a tacky rubber, returning it would have been serveral times harder.

Edited by davidzou - 08/31/2010 at 3:52pm
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 3:57pm
Put some talc or other powder on the ball and you will see by the marks left.  The ball does Not slip on the rubber. The ovel shape to some marks comes from the ball stretching the rubber as it grabs the ball and reverses rotation. It is the rubber returning to it's normal position that gives spin. If it is too tacky, just before the ball tries to leave, the tack sticks to the ball and stops some of the rotation.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by davidzou davidzou wrote:

okay there buddy. Thats what this whole debate is saying. The guy running the tests claims that grippy can produce the same spin as tacky. And youre saying that an anti spin grippy CANT produce as much spin as a tacky rubber all of a sudden.

Seriously, have you been reading the tread??? No one has everclaimed that anti can produce as much spin as any other inverted, be it grippy or tacky, cause anti's are made to be slick and unaffected by incoming spin, which gives at hand, they can not generate (loads of) spin them self.

How ever, a regular grippy inverted can produce the same amount of spin as a tacky rubber, which is what have been claimed here all along. Tackiness do grip the ball and helps to create rotation, how ever, on the moment of release, the tackiness holds on to the ball, which reduces the amount of spin.
The holy grail
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 4:47pm
heres the title wise guy.

"Serving, grippy vs tacky"

So if i use my dead sheet of catapult rubber. The grip should produce the same amount of spin as my fresh H3? If you guys cant prove it to me with video footage and some solid numbers, i will stick to my 9 years of competitive table tennis's opinion.

figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 4:48pm

i STILL dont understand how people can say grippy provides more spin than tacky..... more friction is more output. Like i said before, youre saying that with grippy anti spin rubber, you can give me a serve with just as much spin as h3?

You know, those 20dollar rackets out on the supermarket is pretty much dead rubber, BUT theyre pretty grippy ya know. If you can generate as much spin with that racket as you can with a tacky rubber, then you are god. If you cant, then you have no further proof.
ummm

simple. Friction, past a certain point, becomes a hindrance. Why do you think that most players will "break-in" the chinese rubber? To reduce the tack. Friction, when it becomes so much that it holds the ball, has to abide by basic newtonian physics. That tackiness comes at the price of rotational energy as some of that energy MUST overcome the tack for the ball to come off the racket considering that the collision is not elastic by any stretch of the imagination. Hence why the sheer bouncing of the ball will usually subside in 2 bounces tops on a brand spanking new sheet of H2, H3, 720 etc.

In other words, this correlates to exactly what speedplay mentioned.

There is no free lunch. tackiness is not always a good thing.

Edited by figgie - 08/31/2010 at 4:50pm
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 4:49pm

heres the title wise guy.

"Serving, grippy vs tacky"

So if i use my dead sheet of catapult rubber. The grip should produce the same amount of spin as my fresh H3? If you guys cant prove it to me with video footage and some solid numbers, i will stick to my 9 years of competitive table tennis's opinion.

and I will trump your TT knowledge with some basic physics which this game thankfully abides to.
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 5:01pm
please do. But seriously everyone speaking all this nonsense when they cant prove it. And you know what? Breaking in the rubbers gives you better control. Every fresh sheet is different but when theyre all broken in then theyre all the same. Broken in rubbers gives better performance, consistency and power.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 5:13pm

please do. But seriously everyone speaking all this nonsense when they cant prove it. And you know what? Breaking in the rubbers gives you better control. Every fresh sheet is different but when theyre all broken in then theyre all the same. Broken in rubbers gives better performance, consistency and power.

Not for me.  T05 is by far the best for performance, consistency and power the first day I use it and it is downhill from there.  Within one week I notice the difference.  It is still good, but not as good.

The sponge matters under the topsheet matters but not so much on serves; it very much affects what happens during the point, looping, etc.  On serves the issues is how much friction is enough.  More or less by definition tacky has more friction than grippy so on the surface one would expect that one should get more spin with tacky. But there is also a limit to how much racket speed is generated during a serving motion, so it could very well be that both frictions are more than sufficient to basically have no ball slide at all, so serves would be equally spinny for a lot of people with both rubbers.  It may well depend on serving technique so some people might legitimately disagree.  BUT, the thing that makes serves effective is not necessarily how much spin they have, it is what they look like they have in relation to what they really have.
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 5:15pm
I Know there is not as much spin, as many were returned with my H-3.  Fresh H-3. 
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 5:21pm
Serving with Tacky or 'grippy' ? I know a certain player who serves with standard MarkV who gets more spin than most using Tacky rubbers. Its all to do with timing, one scenario uses bat speed on contact (tacky) one uses dwell with sponge, just different ways of achieving the same goal, none is right, none is wrong. If you push me, I'll say its easier for a player to get max spin with tacky rubbers, the player who can achieve the same spin with other stuff is usually a better player.
The Older I get, The better I was.
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 5:23pm

you are funny.

You want the math? Do it yourself. Once you solved the necessary equations. Posts your conclusions (no need for math but you will need solutions).

I will lead you with the first parts.

Newtons law of motions, all three.
Amontons 1st and 2nd law of friction.
elastic collisions (to make it easy)
Entropy of the system.

generalize on tackiness and "grip" by allowing 100% energy transfer from rubber to ball (though this does not happen in real life).

btw as Hookshot, I never broke in tenergy, Donic Vario, Donic JO Gold or Platinum, Srive/Srive FX/Sriver Kawatsuki. H2/H3 and Blue whale 2 NEEDED to be "broken" in just to take some of the tack off.

Edited by figgie - 08/31/2010 at 5:25pm
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 5:31pm
im saying. Ill base it on my experience. Im not the one doing the tests here nor do i want to. So you guys claim that

dead sheet of catapult serve spin = fresh hurricane 3 serve then?

if you CAN get the same spin with those 2 rubbers then yes you are god.

And yes to the guy saying deceptiveness is more important but this is a debate saying grippy has equal spin to tacky.

edit*
and APW46, dont go there. Euro/jap rubbers have easier and stronger performance during rally play. If "the better players" could produce the same spin with those rubbers then how come the top 5 world players dont all use them?

Edited by davidzou - 08/31/2010 at 5:42pm
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2010 at 5:41pm

dead sheet of catapult serve spin = fresh hurricane 3 serve then?
If by "fresh" you mean with the film just taken off the H2/H3 topsheet.

Yep!

Never tried serving on a fresh sheet of H2 or H3 have you? I have! If the ball even leaves off the racket the first couple of times, I would be lucky. In the same breath, I am not that dumb to even attempt to do anything of that nature on a fresh sheet H2/H3.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic