FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Some tt pictures I took recently.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2008 at 10:07pm
What camera did you use?

Sponsored Links

master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 7:48am
Mostly a Canon 30D with 70-200 2.8L

some more, champions league:

seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 2:03pm
"Canon 30D with 70-200 2.8L "

I was about to guess that you were using a Canon "L" series lens stopped down to give the image a lot of depth.  I get the same quality of shots with my Canon 20D and "L" lenses.  Your composition and timing were great.  The Canon professional equipment can really make our pictures look better than slow lenses and 400 speed film.  (I don't miss those days!)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by seasterl seasterl wrote:

I was about to guess that you were using a Canon "L" series lens stopped down to give the image a lot of depth.  I get the same quality of shots with my Canon 20D and "L" lenses.  Your composition and timing were great.  The Canon professional equipment can really make our pictures look better than slow lenses and 400 speed film.  (I don't miss those days!)

To be honest with you, an 85mm f/1.8 (non-L lens) would give even better results. It's sharper, faster and has a bigger max aperture (f/1.8 vs f/2.8 ..huge difference in shutterspeed). And that at 1/3 of the 70-200Ls price. The zoom versality is great to work with though!

I also didn't stop the lens down. The contrary actually..I used it wide open at f/2.8 to get a adequate shutterspeed to freeze the action, it also gave me this buttery bokeh (background blur). Now the 70-200L is a professional lens, so for a zoomlens it's VERY sharp at f/2.8, so that certainly was worth the money.

May I ask what lenses you use with your 20D?

seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by master-pong master-pong wrote:

Originally posted by seasterl seasterl wrote:

To be honest with you, an 85mm f/1.8 (non-L lens) would give even better results. It's sharper, faster and has a bigger max aperture (f/1.8 vs f/2.8 ..huge difference in shutterspeed). And that at 1/3 of the 70-200Ls price. The zoom versality is great to work with though!

I also didn't stop the lens down. The contrary actually..I used it wide open at f/2.8 to get a adequate shutterspeed to freeze the action, it also gave me this buttery bokeh (background blur). Now the 70-200L is a professional lens, so for a zoomlens it's VERY sharp at f/2.8, so that certainly was worth the money.

May I ask what lenses you use with your 20D?

The 85mm would work but the players would never allow you to get that close to the action! LOL  Nonetheless, your shots look great.  The lenses I use with my 20D are the Canon 24-70/2.8L, 100/2.0USM, 135/2.8 SF, 200/2.8L II USM, and an 18-55mm/4-5.6 USM lens that came with the cameral.  I've had many other lenses, incl. the 85mm/1.2, but I find my current collection offers everything I need (excpet I wouldn't mind having a nice macro lens).  Sorry the off-topic chatter, folks! 
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 3:15pm
nice pics
where was this? Netherlands?
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2008 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by asr1990 asr1990 wrote:

nice pics
where was this? Netherlands?
Yup

The 85mm would work but the players would never allow you to get that close to the action! LOL  Nonetheless, your shots look great.  The lenses I use with my 20D are the Canon 24-70/2.8L, 100/2.0USM, 135/2.8 SF, 200/2.8L II USM, and an 18-55mm/4-5.6 USM lens that came with the cameral.  I've had many other lenses, incl. the 85mm/1.2, but I find my current collection offers everything I need (excpet I wouldn't mind having a nice macro lens).  Sorry the off-topic chatter, folks! 

Well in general I can get as close to the players as I'd like, the fences around the centrecourt basically. However the 85mm is still too short for most shots.

God I'd love a 24-70 2.8L, but so expensive. Right now I'm more interested in an UWA like the Sigma 10-20mm, since I have to do some teamphotos, going to London in april and to Beijing for a summerschool in the summer vacation. So I rly need one..
The widest I got now is a 50mm 1.8 (!!)

Have you shot tabletennis before with your 100 f/2?
If so, you should post some...
hell we could even start our own photography topic if anyone is interested?

anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2008 at 2:46am
You absolutely rule! Man if I ever go pro or something you can photograph me. lol.

You know the pics with the old chinese ladies playing from the Champions league? Dunno if it's some processing you did or something, but maybe there is a way to get the whites of their eyes more or something. They look kinda like demons, esp. the first lady! Man I'm gonna have nightmares tonight!
Blades:
Xiom Stradivarius - Sriver EL 2.1
Andro Super Core Kinetic OFF+ - Plasma 380 2.0
Stiga Allround Evolution - Palio CJ8000 2.2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2008 at 4:12am
haha sorry that I can't help..
Here's one from last saturday:

Tan Monfardini WenLing
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2008 at 5:12am
omg nicole struse! what a beast! she aint retiring, shes playing hard!!!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2008 at 5:44am
What an accurate capture!
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2008 at 7:35am

Have you shot tabletennis before with your 100 f/2?  If so, you should post some...hell we could even start our own photography topic if anyone is interested.

I've never actually shot TT before.  At my club or tournaments, I'm always playing, and I've never been able to see a tournament with any of the top pros.  However, I know that doesn't matter if I want to get some good shots.  I need to make it a priority and get some shots at the next tournament after my section finishes.  I can just stick around and pull out the camera and shoot the 2400+ guys.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2008 at 12:20pm
You should definately give that a go some time and post your results here!

Thanks Pingpangqiu!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 10:16am

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 10:19am
haha master pong is that the awesome shot!!!?!?

dear lord thats incredible! i abosultely love the red ppl in the bg, suits the nice colors well!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 11:27am
WOW!!! It's very hard to do action sport photography, indoors are even harder, but you have done a great job! Kudos!!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 12:05pm
Thanks!

Theman, click on the SECOND PICTURE to see it at my Flickr gallery, it won't show up here for some reason? = /
I personally find both the 1st and the 2nd picture to be two great shots of Li Jiao.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 12:09pm
hey master pong im just curious about ur photo taking, are there like other dudes squatting next to u in the barriers too lol?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

SmilyCancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmilyCancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 1:03pm
I'm afraid that I'm a grade a fruitcake when it comes to photography but I like the shots anyway. :)

Do you have any good pics from amateur players?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 1:27pm
SmilyCancer, of course I shot amateur Table Tennis a lot too. Here are a few: http://www.pbase.com/royv/ljm

Theman, apart from a few omg-look-at-me-with-my-kitlens-I'm-so-pro guys, there were only 3 photographers with good equipment(myself included). One of them was [/url=http://roscher.fotostorage.de/index.php?action=showevent]Stephan Roscher[/url] with Canon 200mm f/1.8 *jealous*
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 1:28pm

haha sorry that I can't help..
Here's one from last saturday:

Tan Monfardini WenLing

She IS STUNNED by the ball.....

Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 1:38pm

"No money? No autograph.."

Drewie View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2008 at 3:32pm
Great photos, i really like "No money,No autograph". Keep it up
(FH,BH)Tibhar Nimbus Sound 2.0
(blade) Persson Power speed
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 12:02am
i love it how the asian guys mouth forms a duck shape, like he saying:

"im gonna get YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 12:23am
Awesome pics!!!!!! I want More more AND MORE PICTures.......LOL
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
Stonebox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2008 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Mithrra Mithrra wrote:

Awesome pics!!!!!! I want More more AND MORE PICTures.......LOL

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2009 at 3:34pm

Collection of shots I took last friday at a Champions League match between Li-Ning MF Services and Kroppach.

Click for larger!!

Cheers!
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2009 at 3:36pm
Very nice pictures! What country are you from?
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2009 at 4:37pm
I like these photos. Good work.

If you know who the people are, it would be helpful to add some captions.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2009 at 5:55pm
master-pong......simply the best TT pics I have seen!  Great job, please take many many more.  Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic