Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spinny pips (Short / Medium)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spinny pips (Short / Medium)
    Posted: 05/04/2022 at 9:36pm
Do you know any good spinny pips (short or medium) to be used for BH?

I'm looking to increase grip of my index finger on my BH rubber - when I have a non-spinny short pips rubber on BH, my index finger keeps moving and slipping and makes my strokes less stable, especially the FH.

Thank you
Sponsored Links

Rinforzando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2022 at 7:03am
Victas Vo>102, very spinny. Miyuu Kihara uses it on her backhand.
Blade: Nblades power plant 1 ply Hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2022 at 11:47am
729 563-1 med pips.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Static View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2022 at 1:09pm
Spinlord Degu has a decently grippy topsheet. I can even pick up balls for a second or so with the smooth part below the pips. 
Innerforce ALC, FH: Tenergy 19, BH:EL-P
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2022 at 3:02pm
I'm hoping to get winning np8 pretty soon.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2022 at 11:22pm
I am curious.

Are short pips rubber automatically fast or faster than the fastest of smooth rubber ?

And that the consideration for choosing one or another is whether that particular short pips produces any spins or more spins compared to the other.
Iloveplayingtabletennis
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2022 at 11:25pm
I am curious.

Are short pips rubber automatically fast or faster then the fastest smooth rubbers ?

And that the consideration in using among the different short pips in whether one produces any spins or that it produces more spins compared to the others.

Iloveplayingtabletennis
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2022 at 9:27am
KTK Stranger pips-out. Tacky rubber material, special formula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Be happy.

Edited by igorponger - 05/07/2022 at 9:31am
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2022 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

I am curious.

Are short pips rubber automatically fast or faster then the fastest smooth rubbers ?

And that the consideration in using among the different short pips in whether one produces any spins or that it produces more spins compared to the others.

Depends on what you define as fast.

If I'm smashing and the opponent is at the table, a SP smash using 20/50/80% power will be very fast.

However, the ball loses speed very quickly, I'm guessing because the ball deals with a lot more air resistance etc. when it lacks spin. So  if  your opponent is fishing, a SP smasher will give them more time. Which isn't a problem as countering a smash with no spin, 3-5 metres back is not easy. And with SP, you see the counter coming from a mile away / handcuff your smashes to their BH to put them in a horrible position.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic