Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponge Thickness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponge Thickness
    Posted: 06/16/2007 at 5:37pm
Just wondering what is the best sponge thickness for chopping on the forehand and which rubbers are best, at the moment i have used tackiness C 1.5mm and today i used super defence 40 1.3mm. I found the super defence to be super fast even with the thin sponge, its a lot faster than the bryce 2.1mm i used to have, is there a reason for this cause afterall defence rubbers are suppose to be slow aint they. Have any one here used the super defence and what do you think of it. Thanks
Sponsored Links

seanknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 5:38pm
i doubt your super defence is faster than bryce
benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2007 at 5:40pm
i can honestly say that it was, no lie, by the way i mean when the bryce was not speed glued.
benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2007 at 5:14pm
Any more comments from anyone who have used this rubber, also for all who dont believe me i have decided to sell the super defence 40, the rubber has only been used once and i dont like it so am deciding to sell it. I will also trade for 1.7-1.9 takiness drive or chop but must fit onto oversize blade. Thanks
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2007 at 7:31pm
Maybe try Joola Tango Def with the 1.2mm sponge.  It gives nasty chops and can even counterloop.  That is the do it all defensive rubber!  I would be using it if it werent so expensive.
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2007 at 3:02am
Originally posted by benjy55 benjy55 wrote:

Any more comments from anyone who have used this rubber, also for all who dont believe me i have decided to sell the super defence 40, the rubber has only been used once and i dont like it so am deciding to sell it. I will also trade for 1.7-1.9 takiness drive or chop but must fit onto oversize blade. Thanks
i too found super defence a little too quick for my liking and not as spinny as i was expecting didn`t seem to grab the ball as well as :tackinessc,this was great for chop,slow spinny loop but not good to finish point.
tackinessd 1.5  does chop/ loop and is much better to finish the point,also donic slice 40 1.5  another sticky rubber does similarly as well and is lighter than tackiness d and works better if spinmax is used to boost the stickiness.some defenders use tsp triple spin chop on forehand although it only comes in1.0 i  havn`t tried myself but will be testing for next season.(whan tennis elbow clears uP)
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2007 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by seanknight seanknight wrote:

i doubt your super defence is faster than bryce
with out glue almost any rubber on the same blade in a very small thickness will feel faster than byrce becouse it is hitting the wood more directly
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2007 at 6:18am
hahahahahahahaha CRAP
Mark 5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2007 at 8:34am
Well, i play the Super Defense 40 since one year in 1,6 on my backhand. This rubber is truly faster than the values in the catologues suggest -  especially  on fast paddles.  But it is definitely slower than the Tibhar Nimbus in 2,0 that i use on my Forehand Wink
Madbrazilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2007 at 12:30pm
I thought defenders used pretty thick sponges on their FH's. I heard that Joo was using 2.1 sponge and that Chen Weixing was using max sponge on his forehand.
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Killerspin Forza 4z 2.1 both sides
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2007 at 12:33pm
yes that's because they mostly counter loop with their fh
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2007 at 1:54pm
1.9 Tackifire Special Soft is a nice mix of the two -- it can loop with quite heavy topspin at an acceptable speed, and serves and (in my opinion) chops nearly as well as Butterfly's more traditional defensive sheets.

- Jack -
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic