Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stellan Bengtsson Training Camp in Salem, Oregon -
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stellan Bengtsson Training Camp in Salem, Oregon -

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

The venue is even better now. Half the place is covered in that red mat they use at big TT pro events. Big smile

And speaking of missing friends, when are you coming back?

You know, we're doing an Open House this Saturday (11 - 6) and a small "for fun tournament."  Actually, it's got two sections: Open ($15) and Recreational ($5) and if you enter the Open section, you can sponsor a friend into the Rec section for free.  A great way to get your beginner-friends to come out. Tournament starts at 1:30.

I hope to make it out there this summer, but the business of the school year (and with the new baby) it's hard to get out that way.

But soon... and thanks for the invite. Smile

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

third reason: I'd be closer to Bro Anton.

-------------------------------
The  all  MyTT  Elmo  loves  you.

Do it! Move, move, move!!! Clap Big smile

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 9:18pm
I know you've got people out here, but if you want to play some games this summer let me know when you head out this way. I can get some people together... perhaps not all at your level, but ranging from 1600 to 2000.

Anton:

That sounds great!  I am always eager to play in new places and meet new people.  My favorite past time!  I will definitely let you know before I head up your way.  Smile

William
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2011 at 1:47am
Hi Guys,
Time for the next Stellan camp. The dates are Saturday, March 24, 2012 through Wednesday, March 28, 2012. As usual, this is five days of great trainin with one of the greatest coaches in the world at a wonderful facility. Full details are located here: http://www.wtabletennis.org/stellanCampMarch2012.
The fee is $500 but this year we're offering a special discount: first-time participants rated over 1900 can join for only $450.
I should warn you that every year the March camp fills up and we end up with a waiting list in case of cancellations. So if you want to come, it would be wise to register early.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2011 at 2:03am

Hi Everyone!

Time for a reminder about our March training camp with Stellan Bengtsson. This is a focused, small (typically 14 participants) camp featuring one of the best coaches in the world. It's both a lot of fun and a great way to improve your game.

The camp runs five days for $500. We're also offer a discount of $50 for first-time participants rated over 1900. We're about 75% full now, so this camp will be full in the next few weeks. If you're interested, now is the time to sign up.

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2011 at 3:44am
PMed you Ben

Edited by king_pong - 12/29/2011 at 3:44am
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2012 at 5:40pm
Iportant News!

Registration for the March 2012 camp is FULL. We set a limit of 14 participants and we have reached that limit. That said, you can still submit the online registration form (but don't send money!) to be on our waiting list. It does happen that players sometimes drop out, usually due to injuries, and then a space or two might open up.

Also, if we have your registration information, then we can notify you when we plan our next Stellan camp (and you'll want to register early to avoid being locked out). So if you want to be on the waiting list, and you want to be notified of the next camp, then please complete the online registration. Just don't send in the money. Thank you, and we still hope to see you some day.

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 2:36pm

Important update on our March 2012 Stellan Bengtsson training camp. We were full but just had a cancelation. If you had thought it was too late to join us before, here is your chance.

World class coaching, great facility, wonderful learning experience, loads of fun. What more could you ask for? Dates are March 24-28 and the web link for online registration is http://www.wtabletennis.org/stellanCampMarch2012/. Price is $500 with a $50 discount for first-time participants rated over 1900.

Now is your chance to get into one of the best north American camps.

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2012 at 1:56pm
Hi Everyone,

Time to sign up for the next Stellan Bengtsson training camp. For those of you who don’t keep track, Stellan is a former world champion and one of the best coaches in the world. He retired to San Diego (his wife is American and a former five-time US champion). Our camps are small, close-knit groups and one of the best training experiences you will find anywhere.

The next camp is in August, 20112. Last March, our camp filled up very early and we ended up with a waiting list. Most summers we run two weeks of camps in order to accommodate more players, but this summer we have only one week of training scheduled and we’ve already got a number of early registrants. So what I'm saying is if you are interested in training this summer, I strongly suggest you look at your schedule right away and get registered now, instead of waiting until later.

The camp dates are August 30 – September 3, 2012, which is Thursday through Monday. This corresponds to Labor Day weekend which should make vacation scheduling easier for many people.

The location is the Willamette Table Tennis Club in Salem. We have large playing spaces around the tables, high ceilings, and international competition quality lighting. The floor is concrete for half of the tables and professional competition floor mats for the other half. In other words, it is truly a great place to practice and play.
Oh, and Oregon is beautiful in the summer!
The camp is limited to 14 players and we will have two divisions: the lower division is 1100-1600 and the upper division is 1600-2100. Each day, the camps will include six hours of training, with a mix of drills with various partners and multiball practice with the coaches.

The fee is $500 and you can register online at http://www.wtabletennis.org/stellanCampSummer2012/
. We are offering a special promotional discount for first time participants rated over 1900: take $50 off the price to make it only $450.

If you have questions, feel free to write.

Thanks,

Ben

P.S. If you've attended a previous camp, I can tell you there is a lot of value in building your skills from one camp to the next.
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2012 at 2:18pm
Does this mean you can't attend if you're rated above 2100? I've read back about the idea of a camp/group for higher rated players (up to 2500) - did anything ever come about from that?
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2012 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Does this mean you can't attend if you're rated above 2100? I've read back about the idea of a camp/group for higher rated players (up to 2500) - did anything ever come about from that?

No, we don't really limit the top level of players.  We never had any success attracting players over 2200.  Our last few camps have had players in the 2000-2200 range but that's usually the limit.  I think Stellan would say the camp is useful up to about 2300 but if someone above that level wanted to come, I would talk to Stellan and see specifically how he could meet their needs.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2012 at 3:01am

We're coming up on our end of August training camp with Stellan Bengtsson and we still have a couple of spaces left. If you're interested in improving this is a great training opportunity. If you have questions, please let me know right away.

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2012 at 6:08pm
Stellan and Angie Bengtsson are coming back to Salem for a training camp in March 2013. This is a special training opportunity with one of the great coaches of the world in a small group setting. Stellan is the 1971 World Singles Champion whose coaching credentials include Waldner, Persson, Karlsson, Lindh, Maze, and other greats. Stellan speaks excellent English, has incredible knowledge, and is truly a gifted teacher.

Here is my favorite quote from Sean O'Neill about training with Stellan:

"Stellan is by far the best coach I have ever worked with and I have worked with a number of the best Swedish and Chinese coaches of the last 30 years... I want to stress that if you are a serious player or coach you are missing an opportunity of a lifetime if you don't take advantage of this unique opportunity... I would guess the 5 days of intense training would be the equivalent of probably 8-10 months of weekly lessons."

Our camp provides an opportunity to learn from Stellan in a small group setting of 12 to 14 serious-minded players in an excellent playing facility. Great lighting, top quality tables, professional floor mats for four of our tables, and lots of space all help to make learning easier. If you ever wanted to improve your game, this is your opportunity.

The dates, as usual, are late March, coinciding with Oregon schools’ Spring Break.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 through Sunday, March 30, 2013

Lower Group Rating Range 1100 to 1600.
Upper Group Rating Range 1600 to 2250.
 If you do not fit into a given rating range, then write to me and I'll see what we can do. If you're rated to high that's not a problem, but if you're rated too low, then you'll most likely go onto the waiting list.

The online web pages and online registration form are here:
Table tennis players seem to like to wait until the last minute to make up their minds. You should keep in mind that our last several March camps filled up early and had waiting lists.
Let me add that Stellan and Angie really enjoy this camp because everyone has so much fun and learns so much. If you love table tennis, this is a great way to spend a week.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2013 at 1:45am
Hi Everyone,
This is a reminder about the March camp. The lower group is mostly full but we are taking names for a waiting list. The upper group still has room. The time to register is now.
If you have questions about training or facilities just let me know. I’ll answer what I can and pass the rest along to Stellan and Angie.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2013 at 1:57pm
Minor correction: the last day of camp, a Sunday, is March 31, not March 30 as I originally posted.
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2013 at 2:52pm
A pity I live in Holland:(:( this sounds so good!
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by DHSHurricane DHSHurricane wrote:

A pity I live in Holland:(:( this sounds so good!
Time to plan a vacation? Personally, I hope to visit Holland some day.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2013 at 6:01pm
Hi Everyone,

The Willamette Table Tennis Club in Salem, Oregon is pleased to announce our next Stellan and Angie Bengtsson training camp for August 2013. This is a special training opportunity with one of the great coaches of the world in a small group setting. Stellan is the 1971 World Singles Champion whose coaching credentials include Waldner, Persson, Karlsson, Lindh, Maze, and other greats. Stellan speaks excellent English, has incredible knowledge, and is truly a gifted teacher.

Our camp provides an opportunity to learn from Stellan in a small group setting of 12 to 14 serious-minded players in an excellent playing facility. Great lighting, top quality tables, professional floor mats for four of our tables, and lots of space all help to make learning easier. If you ever wanted to improve your game, this is your opportunity.

In prior years our summer camp always went through Labor Day Weekend. However, this year we have moved up the camp a week earlier. Also, rather than start on a Saturday or end on a Sunday, this camp will run Friday through Tuesday. Here are the dates:

Friday, August 23, 2013 through Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lower Group Rating Range 1100 to 1600.
Upper Group Rating Range 1600 to 2250.
If you do not fit into a given rating range, then write to me and I'll see what we can do. If you're rated to high that's not a problem, but if you're rated too low, then you'll most likely go onto the waiting list.

The online web pages and online registration form are here:
As mentioned, our camps are designed for 14 participants. Right now, we already have five people registered before announcing the camp, plus another four or so informal commitments (not registered yet). My point is that table tennis players often like to wait until the last minute to make up their minds. With our March camp we filled up early and people were forced to go on the waiting list. The same thing is likely to happen with our summer camp. If you’re seriously interested in this training opportunity, then you need to plan early.

Let me add that Stellan and Angie really enjoy this camp because everyone has so much fun and learns so much. If you love table tennis, this is a great way to spend a week.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2013 at 6:03pm
Hi Fatt,

Now that your right hand is functional again and you're having to retrain yourself, isn't it time to stop making excuses and  come to Salem for five days?  The weather here is usually beautiful for that time of year.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2013 at 2:09am
First, I just wanted to remind people about the August training camp with Stellan Bengtsson in Salem. Second, I wanted to share an update on the camp.

Our camp is normally limited to 14 participants overall. That group is divided into a lower division (under 1600) and an upper division (over 1600). As of this week, the lower division is full and has been closed. The upper division is still open and available.
If you go to the web site and start the registration process, you'll see a pop-up that says the lower division is close. If you are rated under 1600, you can complete the registration (but don't send in any money) and you'll be put on a waiting list, in case someone else drops out.

If you are over 1600, we still have remove and we encourage you to come and learn. Some stronger players are hesitant to take the camp because they are already the best in their club. I can give you two reasons for taking the training: first, because no matter how good you are in your club, there will be other clubs and bigger tournaments with stronger players. You're only going to compete with them if you get training (you can be sure they are!). Second, for players over the age of 30, learning better techniques can help prevent injuries. Maybe you already get pains in your feet/knees/back, shoulders? Good technique greatly reduces the stress on your body and decreases the chance of injury.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic