Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

style of play,blade,rubber,glue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: style of play,blade,rubber,glue
    Posted: 07/01/2006 at 6:19pm
hi everyone.
can you post the specifications of your blade(weight,type,handle type etc & rubber(type, sponge thickness,top surface,etc) & how it helps your style of play.

i play with jonyer h an
            fh sriver max
            bh mark v max
i like to do loop a lot(even for most of the serv return).like to go away from table as quickly as possible in a rally.i like the loop of jonyer.i tend to push a bit on bh rather than blok a shot and controlled blok on fh

PLZ MAKE YOUR COMMENTS.THIS WILL HELP OTHERS ALSO
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
Sponsored Links

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2006 at 8:14pm
I use:
Blades = Bty Schlager Carbon, weight 92gr, Flared with tennis grip.
Rubber = FH & BH Sriver FX, max.

Right now, smash and block were excellent feels with this blade, rarely got counter because of the incredible speed/power from schlager. Chop and push was rather on the weak side, that's why I'm search for hinoki tanpan...
joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2006 at 8:57pm

I use:

Blade: Nittaku Sanalion S (76gr, Fleared, ALL+)

Rubber: Donic Sonex JP (medium-hard sponge 2.0, OFF rubber with lot of spin and good speed)

I don't like very heavy paddles that why I use a 76gr blade and that combination helps me to develop a good allround offensive game (my style of play).

BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2006 at 9:51pm
Violin helps with the touch, 999T/#20 with the close to the table stuff and is flexible, Cream is flexible with what it can do.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2006 at 10:02pm

blade(weight,type,handle type etc & rubber(type, sponge thickness,top surface,etc) & how it helps your style of play.

Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit ST, 87 grams

Sriver EL Max FH, LKT XT Max BH

my FH is much better than my BH.  So I use a little more faster rubber.  BH rubber is softer since I need more control.  I usually an aggressive All arounder I would lable myself snce I am not good enough to be totally offensive in my opinion.  So on my BH side, I am a little more defensive.  But my setup allows me to have the best of both worlds.  Just enough speed when I need it. But enough control from blade and Rubber to bring on the heat.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2006 at 11:34pm
stiga energy wood, 82 grams, legend flare

fh: black globe 999 topsheet on dhs #22 sponge 2.2mm
bh: almana max

i use this combo for good close table blocks, loops, drives, serves, and service recieves. lacks alittle power away from the table though.
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2006 at 4:04am
Blade- Milkyway(carbon) blade with the CR (with the untreated area by the handle for better control). Very light, 74g +/- 3.

Rubbers-
FH-Golden Palm Sponge all the way! (GP3 to be specific) very soft i think like 32 degree. With usually a 729 Topsheet(topsheet changed every 2-3 months)

BH-DHS TNT rubber for rpb. Very elastic and a good non sticky euro type rubber made by DHS.
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2006 at 8:14am

Blade: Butterfly Petr Korbel
[Anatomic handle; about 80-84 grams;medium feeling(very nice); OFF speed)

FH rubber: Buttefly Bryce 1.9mm (red)
[very fast;rather hard;fast stroke: enormous amount of spin,slow stroke:bad spin)

BH rubber: Tibhar Torpedo 2.0mm (black)
[OFF- speed;good spin;great for my backhand spin; great block and good heavy push]

(I also use Grip tape (over grip, buttefly) on my handle which is great!)
Thornta View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thornta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2006 at 9:04am

Blade: Japsko Allround+ with straight handle. Weight about 82 grams. Very nice for both defensive and offensive shots. Used by the best defensive player in Sweden.

FH rubber: Globe 999 2.0 mm. I understand why Ding Song used this rubber. Very good for chopping and topspin.

BH rubber: Hallmark Super Special OX. I have not tried any rubber with better spin reversal. Excellent for both chopping and blocking.

Style of playing: As many others I'm trying to play like Joo Se Hyuk:)

Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 2.1
BH: Butterfly Feint Long II 1.1
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2006 at 11:49am
yasaka offensive 40. 85gr(a bit heavy then I thought...)
nittaku h3 pro(swesome!!!)
Nittaku moristo(heavy,hard not good but maybe its a bad one)
style: good serves. good short game. vary spins, do some blocks and off the bounce counters, try stay close to the table.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2006 at 2:20pm
blade: Butterfly VSG21-1000 FL
BH and FH: goldway destroyer.
no speed glue

I'm not a huge fan of the small flared handle on the VSG so I converted it to a straight handle with sweat absorbent tennis overgrip. I play probably offensive- since I prefer to drive the ball rather than loop drive (even far back from the table). I can loop backspin sometimes, but I would rather have a push war
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2006 at 4:38pm

Blade: Borko

FH&BH: Sriver L Max

Glue: Yasaka Superspeed/dlime/lighter fluid, or extremly cheap and effective Illegal glue toulene, lighterfluid, cold vulcanizning fluid

I am heavy spin big looper with good bh punch and loop, Ohisque serves and Schlager Reverese serves are my favorite

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 2:31am

I like to spin the ball.  I'm using the spinniest setup I can find that still has some semblance of speed and can push decently while emphasising the flip and slow spinny loop.  I like to hear and feel a max amount of click.  And of course cost is good too.

Galaxy w6 which is a copy of the Yasaka extra I guess.

Fh- Thin 1.4mm palio top over 2.4mm avalox 33deg sponge

Bh- Same top in red over 2.2 gp3 sub 35deg sponge.

Basically, I patterned this setup after a guy who was using a primo blade with MarkV30 and Sriver Fx, but with more ability to do slow spins.

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
loopattack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopattack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 4:24am

blade:stiga-eg-st

rubber:dhs-hurricane3    2.15

bty-sriver-l          max

pimpmyracket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 10:07am
Blade: Stiga Tube Carbo WRB, Flared
FH: Palio CJ8000 (black) 1.4mm topsheet, max sponge
BH: Stiga Innova (red) 2.0mm sponge

Originally I had an andro Revolution Quad 450 on FH but it was too slippery, too many loops just slipped off, so I switched to the tackier CJ8000.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 10:10am

TBS, 85g, Andro Revolution Quad 480, Higher on Transcend

I am a 2-winged looper.

Gark

(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
GrumpyJoe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 11:24am

I'm a close to the table blocker with alot of patience. I use my LP to set up a smash with my FH or twiddle and use my BH. With the right spin I can aslo smash with my LP.

As far as what I use... just look below.

Dr. Neubauer:
Blade: Special 4th generation
F/H: Juic 999 Def 1.0
B/H: Super Block OX
Current USATT rating 1932
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 1:54pm
black jack is some loud ass sh*t do you have the soft sponge or one of the other two?
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 2:13pm

BL: Yasaka Extra CP (a great looking blade)

FH/BH: I use New Era 2.5 Max for FH but I've tried other tacky rubbers as well; and I use Sriver D-13 L 2.1.   

I play mostly forehand loop play and I use RPB when is necessary.  I rely a lot on my serves to set up my game and footwork.  It's all about the touch.

BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
BigJ99678 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigJ99678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 8:06pm

blade: primo powerfeeling

FH BH: sriver EL 2.1

i use unglued, and maybe its not the best combination but this is the setup i used for most of my training soooo i ALWAYS end up coming back to it.

O and i am a two winged looper, but need to improve my bh quite a bit.

You're lucky I suck
GrumpyJoe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2006 at 10:15pm
Not sure about other sponges but the sponge I have is very soft. LOL I never really listened to the sound compared to others.
Dr. Neubauer:
Blade: Special 4th generation
F/H: Juic 999 Def 1.0
B/H: Super Block OX
Current USATT rating 1932
President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 1:43am

Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

Rubber: Sriver L 2.1mm both sides,

Very good control racket, not very much speed until you hit it hard, then its a beast. I play an all around offensive game. I like to block for placement, and loop to open and finish points. My new favourite shot is the chop block. I used to chop and now I attack, so this is the coolest shot there is. It makes the ball do funny things.

Peace out.

JFJ
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 3:01am

Blade: Clipper CR WRB

FH Rubber: Stock H3 Commercial

BH Rubber: Joola Tango

I play unglue. I'm a 3rd/5th ball attacker, well at least I try to be. Just started to loop more on the backhand now to open up the rally. I prefer speed over spin on the forehand, but I must say the H3 is very spinny. For the backhand,  I find tango really nice and boucey for punching the ball, very easy to punch spinny loops.

hua_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hua_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 2:19pm
Blade: Clippa CR
Forehand: Mambo
backhand: Neos Sound
glue: energy

i favour my forehand a lot. i am currently trying out a lot of rubbers and i think that the mambo is a bit slow for my forehand. it clicks like crazy but just doesn't go. it would suit my backhand though. Neos Sound is great for my backhand. i rarely go for winners on my backhand so i prefer to have a really soft rubber. mambo would be great aswell but i'm happy with neos sound. i am thinking about changing to almana sound on the forehand.
pruck_c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pruck_c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 3:03am

Blade: Butterfly Gergely

FH: Bryce

BH: Sriver L

Blade: Butterfly Kreanga Carbon

FH: TSP Brio

BH: Stiga Almana Sound 

Blade: Yasaka Gatien Carbon 3D

FH: Stiga Magna

BH: Stiga Magna

Leeroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 9:17am

Blade: 729 9010 Carbon SST with weight set to the top for loose and quick hand/wrist flexibility.

FH rubber: 729 40H Jap or German ESN 2.2. 

BH rubber: 729 40S Jap or German ESN 2.2. 

Style:  Well it is changing.  At the moment probably more offensive.  I like to attack.  Setup with 3rd or 5th ball.  I am always on the lookout for attack but am ready and willing to defend.  I setup defensively.  I love the style of Wang Liqin.  Always on the look out for a weakness/gap.  Always trying to dictate whether offensively or defensively.  I am contemplating going softer combo though.  Completely revamp my combo.  I like Mr2tran setup.  Something like that.  Maybe SP transcend FH and Cream transcend backhand with softer blade.

Blade: Galaxy U4
BH: DHS H2 (orange)
FH: DHS G666 or 729 40H German ESN

http://www.myspace.com/leethedream
silence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 10:47am
currently :
Blade : Butterfly Firehand
Forehand : Raystorm 1.9
Backhand : Mambo 1.9
non speed glue
I have a grip as was mentioned above(Tennis). It is hard to explain. You hold the bat with your free hand out in front of you with the edge of the blade facing the roof. You then grip the blade without any of your fingers on the rubber, just around the handle.

I like the firehand because it has lots of speed but doesn't launch the ball into space. It feels very nice in my hand aswell which is good. The Raystorm makes me partially immune to spin and is soft enough on this blades to be able to spin the ball, as much as pips are capable of. Raystorm also, on this blade throws the ball out quite low, something I like, although usually I believe it has a somewhat higher throw.Mambo also has low throw, and as long as I contact the ball fast enough, a good amount of spin. The blocks come off really low too.

I try to attack as much as possible, strangely I end up doing a fair amount of blocking .My favourite shot is the smash and the second favourite is the very fast forehand drive.
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 10:55am
You can well see what I use in the signature below. What I can add is my short pips are for bh attack and quick stop while Gewo gives me a good top spin with a fantastic control of the ball
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
hua_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hua_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2006 at 9:28am
Just changed rubbers.

i use Clippa CR
Bryce fx red on the forehand
neos sound black on the backhand
energy glue
TriPPPy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriPPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 3:34am
Blade: Juic offensive 9
Rubber: Juic Varites 2.0 both sides

i like to play a end the point type game, i 3rd ball as much as possible and flat hit and flat drive allot, i also stick allot with my backhand. the varites gives me the power and spin to let me end the points with just one loop, if i make it in anyway haha. but the blade has tons of control for how fast it is so it helps me with teh short game so i get to attack first and dont let my oppenent attack as much etc. i usually play on table or medium distence etc.
Blade:Juic Offensive 9 FL
Rubber: Juic Varites 2.0 both sides

http://groups.myspace.com/TableTennis
^join up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic