FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Swedish Open 2011 - Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Ma Long DID lose one game, forgot to who. May be the russian guy? He lost one game.

Ma Long didn't lose a single game in his last 6 matches at the Swedish Open and I don't think (without being sure) that he played in the round of the 128 (which is something like preliminary round?) according to this information: http://www.ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1.asp?competition_ID=2086&rnd=64&s_Event_Type=MS

Against Skatchkov he faced 7 game points (if I'm not mistaken) in the last game, but he won the game and the whole match at the end...

Edited by johnny89atc - 10/24/2011 at 2:48pm
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 3:07pm
"Ma Long didn't lose a single game in his last 6 matches at the Swedish Open and I don't think (without being sure) that he played in the round of the 128 (which is something like preliminary round?) "
===========================================

The main draw has only 64 players.  There is no Round 128.
Prior to the round 64. there was a "qualification group" competition - Ma Long was seeded #2, and did not need to go thru qualification.

Again, Ma Long did not lose a single game in this Swedish Open.
skip3119
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

"Ma Long didn't lose a single game in his last 6 matches at the Swedish Open and I don't think (without being sure) that he played in the round of the 128 (which is something like preliminary round?) "

Prior to the round 64. there was a "qualification group" competition - Ma Long was seeded #2, and did not need to go thru qualification.

Thank you for the clarification my friend!
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 4:04pm

Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

Most likely Zhang Jike and Wang Hao will be sent to London 2012...
=========================

Can not imagine that Ma Long is not in the running one of the two spots to be sent to London.

I can't imagine any of them will miss Olympic games, but, it is Sharara/ittf's fault... Sad but true... This Swedish Open was stronger tournament than the next Olympic games... 
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by johnny89atc johnny89atc wrote:

Thank you for the clarification my friend!

That, "unfortunately", is already not a unique feat - Ovtcharov did the same at this year Chile Open. However, one cannot really compare the level of Swedish Open to that of Chile Open where Dima was the top seed.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 4:46pm
Ma Long in a class of his own in Stockholm:

Not One Game Surrendered

In 1997 at the World Championships in Manchester, Jan-Ove Waldner won the Men’s Singles title without the loss of a single game; in 2011 in Stockholm, Ma Long emulated the legendary Swede.

He breathed in the Nordic air that had also filled the lungs of Jan-Ove Waldner and won without the loss of a single game.

Outstanding Performance
A tournament which included every Men’s Singles World champion since 2005 and the reigning Olympic champion, Ma Long gave a stunning performance, one to be remembered.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 5:18pm
oops, what was I looking at? The previous tournament? He lost 3 on the final though. 

I really wanted to see a match with him and ZJK again.

Will be waiting for Yan An and (my favorite) Fang Bo to start tripping him in the near future. They both hit just as hard.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 6:45pm
Roundrobin:

Not One Game Surrendered
In 1997 at the World Championships in Manchester, Jan-Ove Waldner won the Men’s Singles title without the loss of a single game; in 2011 in Stockholm, Ma Long emulated the legendary Swede.
==================================================

1997 was too long ago, hard to find much information.
The following link may not be the one that you were talking about.
(But, it did mention 1997, it did mention Manchester England, it did mention Jan-Ove Waldner.)

=========================================
Finally found the link that said that Jan Ove Waldner never lost a game in singles in that tournament.

Edited by skip3119 - 10/24/2011 at 7:23pm
skip3119
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 7:17pm
how come nobody has given a video yet of ma lin's thrashing??...
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 8:08pm

Roundrobin:

Not One Game Surrendered

(But, it did mention 1997, it did mention Manchester England, it did mention Jan-Ove Waldner.)

Finally found the link that said that Jan Ove Waldner never lost a game in singles in that tournament.

I think doing it with 11 point games is more difficult
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 8:35pm
Well of course, the finer the division the more difficult it is.  If each match is divided into say 20 3-point games then nobody'll ever go through a 64 player tournament unscathed.

Yan An is good, but for some reason I don't see him becoming a dominant player like Ma Long.  I think the next truly consistently dominant Chinese player will be Lin Gaoyuan, that kid IMO will be something special.  He's like Ma Long with a perfect backhand, he just needs to improve his short game and his power.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 8:44pm
Also, did anyone notice that Ma Long is moving away from the BH flick?  He started returning all slow services with the BH even before ZJK did, and it was quite effective when he'd return short serves to his FH side with a BH flick.  Recently, however, I've noticed that Ma Long has really started returning less shots with the BH flick and rely more on an improved short game instead. A lot of short pushes, short "bai", and BH flips, but relatively many fewer BH flicks.

I think this has allowed him to do two things.  One, he can get in a much more powerful FH opening loops.  Two, he can be in better position after the opening loop than when he moves to the FH side to use his BH to return a shot.  It seems like people have gotten much better at returning those BH flicks, Ma Long in particular actually(just watch how he handles ZJK's BH flicks), and the short game is now back in vogue.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 8:50pm
I think doing it with 11 point games is more difficult.
====================================

I agree.
Doing it on 4 games out of 7 for 11 points is far more difficult than
doing it on 3 games out of 5 for 21 points.

Edited by skip3119 - 10/24/2011 at 8:54pm
skip3119
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 1:57am
Originally posted by janus700 janus700 wrote:

# by : TTPoster' s Channel  :::

Women's Singles Final :: GUO Yan (CHN) vs LIU Shiwen (CHN)

Guo Yan has the best ball feel, no one really compares. If she was a little bit quicker, then no one would ever touch her level.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 2:37am
Originally posted by jdzhao jdzhao wrote:

Roundrobin:

Not One Game Surrendered

I think doing it with 11 point games is more difficult

the 1997 draw was easier ,on the vladi side was wlq ,ma lin,ding song,klh....  ma long ousted 2 world champions in SO.... waldner would have never defeated all that players
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 3:48am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

the 1997 draw was easier ,on the vladi side was wlq ,ma lin,ding song,klh....  ma long ousted 2 world champions in SO.... waldner would have never defeated all that players

....says the avowed Waldner-hater, bbkon
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 4:39am
how did ma long oust two world champions? His draw was the easiest draw in the tournament. His first chinese player was in the final. Who did he have before that that could beat any of the chinese in the tournament?

Wang Hao had to beat Yan An, Jun Mizutani, and then Wang Liqin before he played Ma Long. I lend his 4-0 win over wang hao more to the fact that he didn't have to do anything to get to the final and Wang Hao had to do everything. No Matter who got there it would have been much steeper of a climb for them in the final than it was for Ma Long. Wang Liqin would have faced his 3rd chinese in the final, ZJK would have faced his 3rd chinese in the final, and Wang Hao did the same.

much less impressive feat than it's getting credit for when taking into account ma long's standard as well as the standard of the rest of the guys on the team. Any one of them in the tournament could have done the same if the draw was switched.
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 5:12am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

how did ma long oust two world champions? His draw was the easiest draw in the tournament. His first chinese player was in the final. Who did he have before that that could beat any of the chinese in the tournament?

Wang Hao had to beat Yan An, Jun Mizutani, and then Wang Liqin before he played Ma Long. I lend his 4-0 win over wang hao more to the fact that he didn't have to do anything to get to the final and Wang Hao had to do everything. No Matter who got there it would have been much steeper of a climb for them in the final than it was for Ma Long. Wang Liqin would have faced his 3rd chinese in the final, ZJK would have faced his 3rd chinese in the final, and Wang Hao did the same.

much less impressive feat than it's getting credit for when taking into account ma long's standard as well as the standard of the rest of the guys on the team. Any one of them in the tournament could have done the same if the draw was switched.

If that was the case then ma lin wouldn't have lost first round and met ma long in the semi-final. He's world number 1 and deserves the draw he was given. The most impressive thing is ma long played his most difficult match up and won 4-0. Sure it would've been more difficult to not drop a single game but he beat his opposition. More impressive i think is 3 straight pro-tours AND the chinese national, arguably the most difficult tournament in the world to win.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
Vassily View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 5:48am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Simon's consistency, control and placement are remarkeable.

You mean his lobbing after getting pushed off the table? He will go the way of Maze unless he mans up and learns to dish it out at the table. Lobbing has never worked at the highest levels. Perhaps it will one day, but I somehow doubt it. Lobbing is bad by geometry alone, ignoring shotmaking technique.
Nittaku Acoustic FL    T05    Acuda S2 2.0mm
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 10:08am
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

....says the avowed Waldner-hater, bbkon

+1 very biased comment tsk
ocvillager View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocvillager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 12:24pm
Ma Long has won 5 consecutive championships. For those who are his haters, you still have doubt and excuse?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

If that was the case then ma lin wouldn't have lost first round and met ma long in the semi-final. He's world number 1 and deserves the draw he was given. The most impressive thing is ma long played his most difficult match up and won 4-0. Sure it would've been more difficult to not drop a single game but he beat his opposition. More impressive i think is 3 straight pro-tours AND the chinese national, arguably the most difficult tournament in the world to win.

Did Ma Long win Chinese National Championship 2012? where? videos? thx!

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 12:54pm
The 2012 Chinese Nationals are about a year away, but the videos from 2011 are here:

janus770 rules!
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

The 2012 Chinese Nationals are about a year away, but the videos from 2011 are here:

janus770 rules!
=======================================
That video is not 2011 Chinese Nationals (it's Swedish open).
skip3119
jdzhao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdzhao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I get the sense Chinese players become dominant once they won the Nationals. Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Chang Jike, they all won twice if I am not mistaken. It is the first for Ma Long, World Cup, WTTC and Olympics to follow. He looka unbeatable at this moment.

He needs to be more consistent though, last couple of years have not been great.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 2:51pm
I could only find China Nationals final for Men Team... on janus700 channel

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 2:52pm
Does anyone at least have a news link with the results of 2011 China Nationals?

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Does anyone at least have a news link with the results of 2011 China Nationals?

Hi JimT, there's no video of men's/women's singles in Chinese Nationals 2011 -only Team Finals videos exist in my channel & CCTV. For info/details about those videos read the video-descriptions.

# For news about Men's/Women's Singles ::
  • Ma Long is the new Chinese National Men Champion

The 2011 Chinese National championships had the final judgement for the Men Singles this afternoon in Jiangsu. After overcoming the challenge from the defending champion Zhang Jike, Ma Long faced the Olympic champion and veteran Ma Lin. In their round, ...

• Patrick Tan
    • ·Oct. 8, 2011, 7:45 a.m.
  • Liu Shiwen is the new Chinese National Champion

Liu Shiwen is the new Chinese National Champion

The 2011 Chinese National championships had the final judgement for the Women Singles this afternoon in Jiangsu. In the round, after posting impressive results against Li Xiaoxia, Liu Shiwen once again defended her position in the National Team successfully. In ...

http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 3:26pm
Janus, thank you very much! good links...

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 3:32pm
# by : TTPoster' s Channel  :::

Men's Doubles Final :: 
Wang Liqin (CHN) / Yan An (CHN) vs. Tang Peng (HKG) / Jiang Tianyi (HKG)
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic