Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TBS VS YEO vs PG-7 vs VISCARIA VS ....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Loop-all-day View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TBS VS YEO vs PG-7 vs VISCARIA VS ....
    Posted: 08/16/2013 at 6:00pm
Hi,Could you compare these blades for most spin in serves and topspins (dwell time), I don't care about much speed and can generate this through my legs hips and waist
1-Clipper
2-pg-7
3-viscaria
4-TBS
5-YEO
6-zhang jike
7-zetro quad
8-Stradivarius
9-other your recommendation
I know tough decision but hope you could help
Thanks

Edited by Loop-all-day - 08/16/2013 at 6:01pm
YinHe W-6
FH: H2
BH: cream transcend
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 6:13pm
zillion things/reviews have been said, quoted, written or even "published" about these blades. Why don't you do a search 1st?
Too much for anyone to re-write their reviews/thoughts or whatever, again & again....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 7:09pm
Zillion things were written on individual or maximum three of these at the same time but not comparatively to these blades in the same time I.e topic for viscaria vs tbs viscaria soft tbs medium or there are individual reviews like zetro quad medium and viscaria rated medium in other topic but it doesn't give you viscariam is much softer or the zetro is softer did you get what I mean? I mean comparatively for those blades each other. Also even a single sentence from you would have helped like eg. This blade has largest dwell time and that's it if I have found answer to my question I wouldn't have asked btw

Edited by Loop-all-day - 08/16/2013 at 7:09pm
YinHe W-6
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 7:26pm
This is a prime example of analysis paralysis.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 7:31pm
Your blade generates almost no real spin, regardless of make. Your rubbers do that. Dwell time is not the same thing as spin. Most of the blades you list are used by world-class players, who can all generate lots of spin.

So, I can't answer, because I don't understand what you're asking.
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 7:54pm
@Tableten5 But blades also participate in this if you use a blade like t-2 you will never be able to impart spin the ball will your racket in no time before you even blink

Aright lets make it easier which of those blades will be suitable for the rubbers in my sig?

Edited by Loop-all-day - 08/16/2013 at 7:57pm
YinHe W-6
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 8:43pm
lol...
I've over the years used quite a few of your listed blades & even more w/ different kinda rubbers yet with your attitude as you've just shown, I doubt I'd or anyone here would take the time to share our experiences/findings/enlightenment with you.
Try your luck with jt99sf if you don't believe me. He's a coach & also equip. Junky. May be you could, if you're nice & polite, milk a bit of info. from him...if he still has the mood after reading your posts/thread.
Good luck.
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Loop-all-day Loop-all-day wrote:

@Tableten5 But blades also participate in this if you use a blade like t-2 you will never be able to impart spin the ball will your racket in no time before you even blink

Aright lets make it easier which of those blades will be suitable for the rubbers in my sig?

-pretty much all of them

but as the saying goes "when in doubt, Clipper wood"

also Pg7 was made after Clipper wood
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 8:54pm
Use the green clipboard.

I've talked about this before. The OP needs to give more info ( playing level, style, experience, vegan...etc) before posting questions if they want constructive replies.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
snerdly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snerdly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2013 at 11:35pm
Clipper -pg-7 - not much difference, which one gives you what is needed

viscaria-TBS-zhang jike - not much difference, which one gives you what is needed

zetro quad-Stradivarius - not much difference, which one gives you what is needed

YEO - how did this one fit in with the others

For serves the blade that gives you the correct feedback is the best one and only you can find this for yourself, no else can be certain they "feel" the serve like you

For loops I would go with the blade that makes the person on the other side of the table make the most errors, but I don't use your rubbers or execute your loops 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 12:40am
@jt99sf,decoi I am controlled looper playing mid to close distance SH player, controlled spiny loops on FH and 50/50 block and topspin on BH I like the feel of embracing the ball rather than driving or smashing. I always like the scene of ball kicking after heavy topspin I always play on safe side rather than finishing the ball I rely more on my opponent's mistakes.

@tiehwen you tried most of the blades as you mentioned so why didn't you help me from the beginning? why don't we help each other???!!! Anyway it's not my nature to go rough with anyone and I apologize.

Edited by Loop-all-day - 08/17/2013 at 12:47am
YinHe W-6
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 1:27am
What's your playing level?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 3:03am
Intermediate USATT 1663
YinHe W-6
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 3:45am
If "most spin in serves and topspins (dwell time), I don't care about much speed and can generate this through my legs hips and waist" is true, then W-6 is going to better than pretty much  anything on that list.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 3:51am
@agent it's already my broken blade it's in my signature I would like to have a new experience other than my broken w-6
YinHe W-6
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 4:06am
Get a Galaxy MC-2. Better quality than Stiga OC for half the price. Or if you want really nice touch Euro blade, Donic Allplay FL, which also has best handle design.

MC2 is going to bit faster than what you have now, but still nice feel for chinese blade which all tend to be too hard. Also, maybe H3 FH and soft-ish ~35/36 Galaxy Max-tense rubber for BH (sun/moon/mars). Not a big change but IMO a bit better for looping if that's what you're doing anyway.

Edited by AgentHEX - 08/17/2013 at 4:11am
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 11:12am
The best balde to try and experiment among those up, is viscaria with 05 forehand 05 fx backhand. If fits everything you got a gotcha don't change anything, if you fails somewhere you start downgrading or upgrading, all good players start with a viscaria and stick to it. The best model is young timo boll than upgraded small thing to tbs and played for 10 years with same blade, upgraded to Tenergy when he need it more spin and speed after the glue ban. He is the raw model of an all rounder offensive player that didn't change much and got lucky he choose the right blade from the start , he chose viscaria and looks where he is now.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 11:34am
In spite of my little fight with Mickael on another thread, we share our opinion about the Viscaria!  You cannot go wrong with it if you can find one, and if you don't like it, you can sell it here in less than a day, they are much in demand.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 11:47am
:) we tt players are intuitive have quick reflex and share a big love for the game that few sports have this addiction, no fight and totally agree for the quick sale of a viscaria.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 12:22pm
W6 is going to be a bit on the hard side for him... Get a clipper wood : 1) because they are cheap 2) it fits a semi passive/controll style . 3) once you  get it you should use it for at least 3 years before getting anything faster, if at all.

also like agenx mentioned the Donic allplay or almost any version pr Persson senso or Waldner senso blades can be a good choice.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 2:20pm
Buy any of these blades. If you have enough money, buy one all wood and one carbon as that is the only meaningful distinction and you seem to be committed to OFF blades (I think this may be a mistake unless you are a junior or committed to away from the table play). If you can, I would suggest starting with a blade in the ALL+ range like the Donic Appelgren or Waldner and some basic rubber like Mark V. This will enable you to get a handle on your playing style and you can always return to it even if you buy other setups as it will be a good measure of how well your strokes have progressed.

Edited by NextLevel - 08/17/2013 at 2:21pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 9:52pm
@next level I already have all wood my broken w-6 so whic carbon do you recommend I would try?
@decoi the new clippers aren't good as the old clippers also many reports for splinters in the new clipper they produce
YinHe W-6
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 9:56pm
You can't go wrong with the TBS. try and get the weight you're comfortable with.

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2013 at 11:55pm

@next level I already have all wood my broken w-6 so whic carbon do you recommend I would try?
@decoi the new clippers aren't good as the old clippers also many reports for splinters in the new clipper they produce

well havent seen that happen with any new clippers  recently.. as long as you use decent glue and use a decent gluing techniqeu you should be fine.. i have a 10 year old clipper which has some splinters come off but after that nothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 8:52pm
Okay so know I am between viscaria, TBS and clipper which goes better with tacky Chinese rubbers like skyline and hurricane
And would have good balance?

Edited by Loop-all-day - 08/18/2013 at 8:54pm
YinHe W-6
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 9:01pm

Okay so know I am between viscaria, TBS and clipper which goes better with tacky Chinese rubbers like skyline and hurricane
And would have good balance?

Go into a club and test all three before buying.  Otherwise, just flip a coin and buy any of them.  The Clipper is all wood so remember that.  The Viscaria is only in flare handle.
Cybershape Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 9:25pm
Timothy Wang these days uses a Viscaria with whatever is the latest Hurricane on his FH.  For what it's worth.  Actually so does Zhang Jike.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 9:28pm
@next level Yes I don't have money to buy them all may be it's a good choice to find players in the club who have these blades to test. Can you explain more what do you mean by "The Clipper is all wood so remember that"?
YinHe W-6
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 9:50pm

@next level Yes I don't have money to buy them all may be it's a good choice to find players in the club who have these blades to test. Can you explain more what do you mean by "The Clipper is all wood so remember that"?

Equipment is not going to make you a better player by itself and what is more important is that you practice hard with whatever you buy.  You already have an all wood blade and in my view, when one buys equipment, one should make it different enough from what one already has if they are truly trying to see whether or how changing equipment will affect their game.

I have bought over 20 blades, many cheap, some expensive, some second-hand and my favorite blade is one of the cheap, balsa ones from Giant Dragon.  The fast ones were great for smashing but hard to loop with close to the table unless they had soft rubbers on them.

Everytime I have changed blades, my rating has stayed mostly the same.  The only difference is how I feel when using the blades and what kinds of shots I prefer to make and win points with.

I mean, for someone who claims to be able to generate power with your waist and hips, why are you trying only fast blades?  IF dwell time is what you are concerned about, while this is mostly about the rubbers, you should be looking at ALL+/OFF- blades.  Fast blades are usually for players who back up from the table at some point and are forced to win points from there (and this doesn't mean that slower blades can't be used from distance).

In any case, just be sure to test the blades before buying them.    New equipment gets you excited, but it doesn't make you a better player unless you had no equipment to speak of in the first place, or unless you tried out someone's completely different equipment for a while, realized you could do better using it than what you currently have, then ordered it.  Randomly taking opinions on blades will only let you know what other people like, which may be what you like, but which may not be what you like.  My current blade (and I have had a TBS and a Viscaria in my past) is not a blade anyone would have recommended to me.
Cybershape Carbon
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 10:33pm
In other words, have your pie and eat it, too...
Seriously, are we skipping the YEO from this discussion because it is so much worse than the other blades, or is there a better reason?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic