Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TBS VS YEO vs PG-7 vs VISCARIA VS ....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Loop-all-day View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 10:42pm
@next level I didn't wanna buy new equipment except because my w-6 was broken as I said previously.I don't feel equipment makes you better but rather I think that equipment you feel comfortable with helps with training reach higher level. I feel comfortable with equipment that makes me feel like it hold the ball within it (dwell time) that's why I made this post

@jacek I skipped YEO because nobody recommended it to me. But I will add it beside tbs, clipper and viscaria

Edited by Loop-all-day - 08/18/2013 at 10:49pm
YinHe W-6
FH: H2
BH: cream transcend
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Loop-all-day Loop-all-day wrote:

@next level I didn't wanna buy new equipment except because my w-6 was broken as I said previously.I don't feel equipment makes you better but rather I think that equipment you feel comfortable with helps with training reach higher level. I feel comfortable with equipment that makes me feel like it hold the ball within it (dwell time) that's why I made this post

@jacek I skipped YEO because nobody recommended it to me. But I will add it beside tbs, clipper and viscaria

Why not buy a new copy of your current blade?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 11:09pm
Because I am excited to try new blade :D
YinHe W-6
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2013 at 11:16pm

Case closed.  None of these blades are dwelly.  They may be dwelly relative to faster blades, but if you want dwelly, you really should be looking at one of the Donic Waldner or Appelgren blades or even a Grubba Pro.

Edited by NextLevel - 08/18/2013 at 11:18pm
Cybershape Carbon
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2013 at 12:57am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Case closed.  None of these blades are dwelly.  They may be dwelly relative to faster blades, but if you want dwelly, you really should be looking at one of the Donic Waldner or Appelgren blades or even a Grubba Pro.

+1
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2013 at 1:09am
You guys do realize that you are talking about a few 10s of microseconds.
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2013 at 2:55am
get korbel,very good for controlled spiny loops. 
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2013 at 3:43am

It's worth noting that most 1600 players who get a carbon blade end up stuck at that level unless they're training fairly seriously.

It's also worth noting that nearly all EJs have no idea what the hell they're talking about because they're those players.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2013 at 7:56am
Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

You guys do realize that you are talking about a few 10s of microseconds.

A budding chess player hired a coach.  In the first round of a tournament, he played an International Master.  The coach told him, "This player very good.  I played him before.  He will play for a king side attack.  Very strong tactics that will put you under pressure."  The chess player played the IM, faced a king side attack, was hit with a few combinations and lost.

In the next round, the chess player played another chess master.  The coach told him, "Ah, this master very good.  I played him before. He will exchange everything, trade down to an endgame, bore you and grind you down."  The chess player lost, just as his coach virtually prophesied, in a long, drawn out endgame.

In exasperation, the player fired his coach.  The coach was surprised.  The coach said, "How come?  I was always right!"

The player said, "Yes, you were right, but that never helped me win the game!"

Cybershape Carbon
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2013 at 7:58pm
You are right...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2013 at 12:44am
I am done with training+ clipper. Thanks every one
YinHe W-6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2013 at 11:25pm
I am also thinking to get tibhar stratus power
Any one who have this blade in fl can please tell me the head size as well as the clipper wood head size?

Edited by Loop-all-day - 08/22/2013 at 11:26pm
YinHe W-6
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2013 at 6:56am
big enough
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2013 at 10:49am
I'd recommend Xiom Aria. I used W6 for about 2 years and switched to the Aria about 2 months ago.
Aria has a more crisp feel, less vibration and more predictable.
It seems to do very well with harder rubbers.
I've had very good luck using H3 Pro and Rakza 7.

Used slightly softer rubber like Tin Arc 3 and a much softer rubber like Giant Dragon Tai Chi and didn't like them as much.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

big enough

Good you give dimensions?
YinHe W-6
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 10:40pm

Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

big enough

Good you give dimensions?

few mm are hardly game changing. so i guess big enough will do

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2013 at 11:35pm
They aren't game changing, but it's annoying to have a blade with smaller head size and one with larger head size as trying diff rubbers on each one is very annoying. That was my biggest annoyance in getting a Rosewood. It's a smaller headsize like most modern blades. The Clipper and older models have larger headsize. It was very annoying with a korbel and a rosewood as my two blades because korbel is huge in comparison, and once I cut to RW5 nothing would fit korbel. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loop-all-day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 12:06am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

They aren't game changing, but it's annoying to have a blade with smaller head size and one with larger head size as trying diff rubbers on each one is very annoying. That was my biggest annoyance in getting a Rosewood. It's a smaller headsize like most modern blades. The Clipper and older models have larger headsize. It was very annoying with a korbel and a rosewood as my two blades because korbel is huge in comparison, and once I cut to RW5 nothing would fit korbel. 

You read my mind. I need to know the dimensions to change rubbers between blades as you said cause I like to try same rubbers on different blades
YinHe W-6
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 7:00am
few millimeters difference in head sizes is really not important.
I had TSPW and Xiom Aria Lite, both were too stiff, I' not recommend them for loopers. Then I switch to ordinary primorac off- and it was better.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2013 at 9:28am
jsut cut your rubbers with some overhang.. or jsut attach them from the top and not by the handle

kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2013 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Timothy Wang these days uses a Viscaria with whatever is the latest Hurricane on his FH.  For what it's worth.  Actually so does Zhang Jike.

timothy wang uses hurricane now? are you sure? he's been using T05/T64 since forever and his last few major tournaments including the US Open? 

Edited by kurokami - 08/27/2013 at 3:20am
batt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 2:30am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

Timothy Wang these days uses a Viscaria with whatever is the latest Hurricane on his FH.  For what it's worth.  Actually so does Zhang Jike.

timothy wang uses hurricane now? are you sure? he's been using T05/T64 since forever and his last few major tournaments including the US Open? 

Baal is right, see the picture in this link.

batt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 2:32am

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

You read my mind. I need to know the dimensions to change rubbers between blades as you said cause I like to try same rubbers on different blades

Clipper is 150 x 157 and Status PW is 158 x 152.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 4:23am
I disagree Batt

The blade face of my two Clipper Woods are 158mm x 152mm.
batt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 4:56am
Actually I don't own a Clipper Wood, so you are more reliable than me.

I got my information from spinfactory.de. However, there are different measurements that appear on the web, eg. according to tak9.com Clipper is 158 x 150 and Stratus Powerwood is 158 x 151.

But in the end, you own a Clipper, so you are the most accurate source. 
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 6:57am
Originally posted by batt batt wrote:

Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

Baal is right, see the picture in this link.

probably did it at the advice of Zhou Xin. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2013 at 11:33am
Beeray, he told me he made the change at the advice of his current California coach when he was visiting his parents in Houston a few weeks ago.  I don't know his current coach's name.  Kurokami, you are right he did use T05/T64 since he was a teenager before, and he had been using a TB-ALC.  So on his recent visit I was really surprised to see his new Viscaria, and even more surprised to see Hurricane on his FH side.  When I hit with his blade it felt a lot more lively than I expected.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic