Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Most Popular Brand-Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which is the Preferred brand for Blades?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [9.90%]
47 [46.53%]
3 [2.97%]
5 [4.95%]
1 [0.99%]
25 [24.75%]
3 [2.97%]
7 [6.93%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Most Popular Brand-Blade
    Posted: 04/11/2006 at 4:06am

Please make this poll succesfull , so as to know which is the most preferred manufacturer for blades.

ALso share the reason why you prefer the selected brand.

Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
Sponsored Links

chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 4:12am
Proberly butterfly or yasaka.

many european players use butterfly blades.

many chinese players use yasaka blades.
sidespinner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 4:24am

Many Chinese shakehands players use Stiga blades.

chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 4:27am
yeah!
jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 5:10am
yea so far the most popular brand is Stiga, butterfly and yasaka (well only popular for penholders)
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra, Primorac 2000 CS (traditional only)
FH: Globe 999/999T
BH: Sriver-D13-L, Sriver EL (RPB)
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 5:29am

What, no chinese brands?

I prefer chinese blades because they are much cheaper.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 5:30am
There is no Darker....
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 5:35am
Stiga blades are on top of quality and tecnology and the prices are ok
mike the best
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 6:50am
Over the last 30 years I've played with Stiga, Butterfly, Donic and Tibhar blades - all were excellent quality.
I choose a blade not based brand, but based on how it fits my style and how it feels when played with.
saurabh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saurabh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 7:01am

stiga & butterfly r all time best

gotboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 7:04am
I've been playing with Donic,Butterfly,729,Hanza and Andro...Now i'm enjoying the c.suss kinetic and i'm pleased with it, so that's my vote
Butterfly - Kiso Hinoki 7
Butterfly - Tenergy 05/80

chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 7:12am
In my understading it seems like many people don't find joola products usefull. What could be the reason for that?

I have never also don't tried playing with rubbers or blades from joola. It is maybe because I can't take their products name serious: Mambo, tango, samba etc. But you should not judge a book by its cover.

Well many topplayers does also not play with joola, so they cant use that to marketing. Usually many europeans players are sponsered by butterfly, and they sell good, maybe because of that.
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 7:12am
playing with the andro supercore cl light and really like the blade,good quality blade and well balanced for only 70 grams
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 7:14am

Originally posted by chops chops wrote:

In my understading it seems like many people don't find joola products usefull. What could be the reason for that?

I have never also don't tried playing with rubbers or blades from joola. It is maybe because I can't take their products name serious: Mambo, tango, samba etc. But you should not judge a book by its cover.

Well many topplayers does also not play with joola, so they cant use that to marketing. Usually many europeans players are sponsered by butterfly, and they sell good, maybe because of that.

if you try the tango extreme you may just change your mind

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 7:18am
Originally posted by alfie alfie wrote:

Originally posted by chops chops wrote:

if you try the tango extreme you may just change your mind

Maybe..

In the old days when I was playing against my coach and he won a point, because my loops were sucking, he says: "Maybe you should try joola topspin?"

chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 7:22am
It is a little bit more difficult, to make fun of the other companies.

Or..

"Ohhhh no I lost again I am really mad now!"

"Hey kid calm down! Be positive. Maybe you should stick with some double happiness stuff?"

ttplayer05 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 2:37pm
i prefer the butterfly, stiga and donic blades. I'm not a fan of the tibhar blades. i've never actually played with a joola blade so i cant comment, but i've played with their rubbers and i didnt actually like them.
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 3:46pm
Same to me, Butterfly, stiga.

Chinese brands are great too. They are alread catching up with japan and Euro blades. Galaxy, 729, Sword....
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 6:54pm
i think tibhar are the best. the feel is excellent on most of their blades and they feel solid without any clunky or popping noises that you sometimes get on some other blades. i don't like stiga cos of wrb handles, andro blades can be unstable and very hard feeling. up until recently i would have said butterfly was the best but not now. i was using a bastian steger off - until recently when i had a go of a tibhar samsonov alpha. no comparison. the steger felt like a piece of junk next to the tibhar blade and also had a clunky slightly hard feel in comparison. tibhar allround blades are also excellent. have read a lot of bad things from people about tibhar blades on this forum. i don't understand why.
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 8:08pm
what is LDS? Chinese brands are my preference.
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 8:18pm

Originally posted by AZNpenholdloop AZNpenholdloop wrote:

what is LDS?

http://www.ldssportsdiffusion.be/en/index.htm

jc48573 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc48573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 8:22pm
hahahah funny how nittaku is not up there cause this brand is also used by the chinese team. 
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra, Primorac 2000 CS (traditional only)
FH: Globe 999/999T
BH: Sriver-D13-L, Sriver EL (RPB)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2006 at 8:33pm

Originally posted by jc48573 jc48573 wrote:

hahahah funny how nittaku is not up there cause this brand is also used by the chinese team. 

Yes, Nittaku is an equipment sponsor of the Chinese national team.  Some Chinese national team members use Nittaku rubber on their backhands, but how many, if any, of them actually use Nittaku blades?  Wang Liqin doesn't use the Nittaku blade named after him (ANV WL).  Does anyone know if Wang Nan really plays with the Nittaku ANV WN5 blade?

TriPPPy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriPPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2006 at 1:03am
wheres Juic???
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2006 at 1:05am
Can the poll be edited to include more brands?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
PingPongPang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2006 at 1:23am
I voted for Andro for its price with respect to quality. Nice technologies and features for its price. Very nice feeling.

I'd vote for Stiga if the price isn't that high. Good quality and craftmanship.
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL
Tarsier View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarsier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2006 at 2:01pm
I played with Stiga and Butterfly. I just wish that someday I can have access to Andro in Vietnam. Prefer Stiga feel and outlook. Much more sexy than Butterfly.
Stiga Energy Wood WRB
FH: Ritc 729 Higher Max.
BH: Stiga Almana Sound Max.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2006 at 10:57am
Darker and Butterfly. Anybody has experience with custom made Borko blade ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

P�r$son View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr$son Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2006 at 5:55pm
Always played with Andro blades. Quality is ok. Prices here in Germany are low. Feeling is great. Lots of products to choose, so there is a blade for nearly every type of player. So, Andro gets my vote !
BUTTERFLY
Korbel SK7 straight
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Best Setup ever !
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 7:44am
I prefer Joola, they have a good variation of blades and most importent, they produce som light weight blades. I have tried Yasaka Balsa wich plays nice but I think its handle is to small. Stiga makes great quality but the ones I have tried are really heavy and therfor not to my likings.
The holy grail
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic