Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Three Sword Leap - Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Three Sword Leap - Pro
    Posted: 06/02/2018 at 6:42pm
is anybody was using this rubber?
Sponsored Links

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2018 at 10:24pm
I had a sheet of this (from eacheng) that I tried. It is similar to 729 battle 2 but with a harder sponge. I passed it on the a chinese pen holder at my club and he uses it on his forehand. Is pretty decent but nothing spectacular to me. Sponge was a little too hard for me after my rubber cement lost its pop. Price is good. Shipping not so much. 
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 6:38am
I read it similar to national hurricane 3. looks like its not right ..

Edited by piligrim - 06/03/2018 at 6:38am
kuko61 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kuko61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 11:19am
I played with this rubber 30-40 hours on FH.
Its the hardest and most stickier chinese rubber, which I tried. The surface is shiny.

I played with H3Neo, H2Neo or Sanwei Target National without boosting, but this rubber i had to boost with Falco LB. Its very hard - hard its sponge, but also rubber. 
In a short game there is a bit of a problem due to extreme stickiness. On the other hand, because of extreme stickiness, rubber can generate very high spin. For me the spin was higher, than at H3Neo or STN. 
Durability is excellent. After two months of play, there is no sign of damage on the surface and the stickiness remained extremely high.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 1:41pm
thank you kuko61
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 5:25pm
it looks like original Reactor Tornado 
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by kuko61 kuko61 wrote:

I played with this rubber 30-40 hours on FH.
Its the hardest and most stickier chinese rubber, which I tried. The surface is shiny.

I played with H3Neo, H2Neo or Sanwei Target National without boosting, but this rubber i had to boost with Falco LB. Its very hard - hard its sponge, but also rubber. 
In a short game there is a bit of a problem due to extreme stickiness. On the other hand, because of extreme stickiness, rubber can generate very high spin. For me the spin was higher, than at H3Neo or STN. 
Durability is excellent. After two months of play, there is no sign of damage on the surface and the stickiness remained extremely high.

good review. i agree with everything you wrote, but did not try it as long as you did.

for someone wanting a REALLY chinese style rubber it probably is a good choice. If we could speed glue legally I bet it would be awesome.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2018 at 1:40pm
what's the sponge hardness?
kuko61 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuko61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2018 at 5:17pm
sponge hardness is 40
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2018 at 9:55pm
thanks. may give it a shot sometimes.
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2018 at 3:44pm
Tried it last night, the stickiness was nice and high, serving was quite good for the same reason, however spin on looping and fast counter looping was not that fast and spinny. Felt quite a few counterloops ran into the net. Lacks the extra boost or 'pop' that Battle II has. Overall lacks the power I would like, the sheet I had was 39 degrees 2.1mm
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
teto View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2020 at 7:30pm
Hi, i am playing with this rubber 40 degree .and i think that this rubber is better than H3 commercial, i use booster in all my rubbers, i use leap pro,h3,and other tackyness chinese rubbers with booster,3 layers.
its sponge is more flexible, the loop more easy and the drive more deadly and more tackier than h3 commercial. Maybe for the hardness ,my service has less spin, and i must brush more quicky.
I yet didnt use 729 battle 2, somebody of who tested this rubber could compare 729 battle 2 and Three sword leap pro???
Thanks mates.

Edited by teto - 01/27/2020 at 7:36pm
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2020 at 8:41pm
I tried both several years ago. I think they are more similar than different. If I had to choose I would go with the one that I could buy the easiest assuming both had similar quality control. I agree that both are better than any H3 commercial that I have tried. I do not boost, so no idea how that may change things. 
teto View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2020 at 3:38am
Thanks vanjr.
When you said that you choose the one, do you referer to leap pro or battle 2?
Much thanks

Edited by teto - 01/29/2020 at 3:39am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2020 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by teto teto wrote:

Thanks vanjr.
When you said that you choose the one, do you referer to leap pro or battle 2?
Much thanks

I think which ever your prefer and have a reliable source. They are both good choices.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic