FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Salsa 5 Shoes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Salsa 5 Shoes
    Posted: 05/30/2024 at 3:21am

Xiom Salsa 5 Shoes

The Xiom line of shoes are known for are known for their flashy and innovative designs. Xiom is specific on each of their line of shoes that are designed for a specific playing surface or environment. The Igre shoes are selling really well. The design is a sleek and intended more on better mobility with lateral movements. The Igre was also designed with more in mind about the best possible lightness of weight. In my opinion, it is also designed to be used specifically for rubberized floorings. One would notice that the soles of the Igre shoes are not as thick as other models before because the Igre is best use for tournaments that have rubber floorings and do not need thicker shoes for cushion against floor impact.

The Salsa 5 shoes have a different approach in its design wherein the whole shoe concept revolves around on a more rugged, heavy-duty design. If you place the Salsa 5 shoes side-by-side with the Igre shoes you would notice that Salsa 5 shoes seem a bit larger and wider with more bulk on the linings and also the amount of material in the sole. The sole of the Salsa 5 is thicker than the regular table tennis shoe. In my opinion, the Salsa 5 shoe was designed to withstand more weight, impact and better comfort when playing on concrete floors. I think the design is wise as most playing venues do not have rubberized floorings especially in poor countries that only have hard concrete floors. The sole has separate parts for the ball of the foot and the heel in contrast to the Igre which has an almost continuous sole design. Overall, the sole is semi-soft and very comfortable to the foot. It is also ideal for players that are heavy like me as it helps absorbs impact when playing in concrete floors. I believe if you are heavy and play in a concrete floor, it is better to get the Salsa 5 as it helps lessen the pressure on your knees. The sole has a honey-comb design gum sole which is very grippy on concrete and wooden floors. It offers enough grip and stability especially on lateral movements. The material wrapping the shoe is also comfortable and allows room for “breathing” when playing. I have all the 3 colors – blue, silver/yellow and beige. All are good looking but I mainly use the beige version because it looks really good. To be honest, the Salsa 5 shoes can be your everyday sneakers you can use because of their beautiful design. The shoes durability is topnotch, I have mine for several months now and also the other 2 colors which I eventually gave to some players who train daily and they have proven to be durable and long lasting.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic