Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SDC Handmade Blades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SDC Handmade Blades

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
fmarek View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 09/08/2018
Location: Sydney
Status: Offline
Points: 408
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2019 at 9:11am
All blades in your pictures are very beautiful but most of them look like handle is shiny, making me think it is unnecessary polished or sealed. 

I like ZJK handle, but no idea about wood used there. I like it's texture and the way it absorbs sweat, never becomes slippery.

Btw, what price range we are looking at for finished product?
Stiga Celero, FH: 729 08-ES H47, BH: Yinhe Jupiter 2, H38
Viscaria, FH: Hurricane 3 Commercial H39, BH: 729 Presto MAX Spin
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

All blades in your pictures are very beautiful but most of them look like handle is shiny, making me think it is unnecessary polished or sealed. 

I like ZJK handle, but no idea about wood used there. I like it's texture and the way it absorbs sweat, never becomes slippery.

Btw, what price range we are looking at for finished product?

Actually only the last two are sealed. They were made for me so I used a varnish to bring out the colors and protect the wood. I know it can get slippery for some people if they sweat a lot but it's not a problem for me. Some handles don't have any finish, others have tung oil or tru oil. The colored handles need something to seal the color and keep it from degrading over time. In those cases I use tru oil which is a film finish. It leaves a very thin layer and it's very comfortable to the touch, not slippery at all. Tung oil is a penetrating finish and leaves that nice satin look. It's also not slippery.

Big manufactures use laminated wood for the handles. It's most likely ayous.

I will PM you with prices.
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2019 at 2:43pm
My first combi blade:

Limba/Basalt Fibre/Padauk/Balsa/Ako/Padauk - 77.2g - 6.30mm






Back to Top
Nuise View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner


Joined: 11/06/2019
Location: San Francisco
Status: Offline
Points: 9
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2019 at 12:26pm
Hipnotic, feel free to share pics of the blade you made me!
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 4:19am
Originally posted by Nuise Nuise wrote:

Hipnotic, feel free to share pics of the blade you made me!

Thank you Nuise, I will share some pics of your blade.

Limba/Limba/ALC/Ayous/ALC/Limba/Limba - 93.0g - 5.85mm












Back to Top
wappak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner
Avatar

Joined: 05/05/2019
Location: rising sun
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 8:28pm
Hipnotic, nice blades sir, do you also make cpen blade? do you have walnut wood for outer ply?
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2019 at 3:52am
Originally posted by wappak wappak wrote:

Hipnotic, nice blades sir, do you also make cpen blade? do you have walnut wood for outer ply?

Thank you Wappak. I was never asked for a cpen blade but I can make one. Yes, two kinds of Walnut are available, black Walnut and European Walnut.
Back to Top
wappak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner
Avatar

Joined: 05/05/2019
Location: rising sun
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2019 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

Originally posted by wappak wappak wrote:

Hipnotic, nice blades sir, do you also make cpen blade? do you have walnut wood for outer ply?

Thank you Wappak. I was never asked for a cpen blade but I can make one. Yes, two kinds of Walnut are available, black Walnut and European Walnut.
thanks hipnotic, i will let you know
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2019 at 5:24pm
Another combi blade for a defensive player, with a faster attacking side.

Limba/Carbon/Limba/Ayous/Ako/Limba - 85.3g - 5.4mm








Back to Top
Magic_M View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/31/2012
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 1882
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

I've made another blade for member Magic_M. This one is my favorite composition so far, but with a straight handle. I'm really jealous of this one, i wish i could keep it Smile

Limba/Limba/ALC/WRC/ALC/Limba/Limba - 88.7g - 5.75mm - 1170Hz
Last week I had the chance to test this beauty for the first time.



At first I glued 2 sheets of the new Rasanter R53 on it (ultramax on forehand and 2,0 on backhand), but the over-all-feeling was a bit too hard (because the WRC core has a harder feeling compared to an ayous or kiri core and the R53 itself is also a hard rubber) and a bit too heavy (191g). Therefore I removed both rubbers and choosed a softer combination with Fastarc G-1 2,0 on forehand and Fastarc C-1 1,8 on backhand. This combination was a better option for me. 

Although the feeling is still a bit harder (compared to IF ALC or HL5), I like the blade, because I had no problems from the beginning on. The direct feeling (although it is an Innerforce composition, the feeling is harder and more direct than a Viscaria for example) results in a good ball-placement, blocking is really easy and there is enough spin in the ball, especially on harder spin-shots.

Next week I will reduce the hardness of the rubbers once more, because I think soft(er) rubbers will fit really good to the blade. I don't plan to use extremely soft rubbers but medium-soft rubbers like Donic Bluestorm Bigslam could be a good option.
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2019 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

I've made another blade for member Magic_M. This one is my favorite composition so far, but with a straight handle. I'm really jealous of this one, i wish i could keep it Smile

Limba/Limba/ALC/WRC/ALC/Limba/Limba - 88.7g - 5.75mm - 1170Hz
Last week I had the chance to test this beauty for the first time.



At first I glued 2 sheets of the new Rasanter R53 on it (ultramax on forehand and 2,0 on backhand), but the over-all-feeling was a bit too hard (because the WRC core has a harder feeling compared to an ayous or kiri core and the R53 itself is also a hard rubber) and a bit too heavy (191g). Therefore I removed both rubbers and choosed a softer combination with Fastarc G-1 2,0 on forehand and Fastarc C-1 1,8 on backhand. This combination was a better option for me. 

Although the feeling is still a bit harder (compared to IF ALC or HL5), I like the blade, because I had no problems from the beginning on. The direct feeling (although it is an Innerforce composition, the feeling is harder and more direct than a Viscaria for example) results in a good ball-placement, blocking is really easy and there is enough spin in the ball, especially on harder spin-shots.

Next week I will reduce the hardness of the rubbers once more, because I think soft(er) rubbers will fit really good to the blade. I don't plan to use extremely soft rubbers but medium-soft rubbers like Donic Bluestorm Bigslam could be a good option.

Thank you for your feedback Magic_M. 

It's funny because that composition is the same as my personal blade and I find that mine has a soft feeling. Maybe the mistake is describing it as a soft feeling. The WRC core is very direct as you've stated, but it also gives a wonderful feedback in my opinion. But now I'm remembering that there is in fact one difference. The ALC fiber is different and I'm finding in my latest builds that it gives a slightly harder feeling to the blade than the previous one I was using. Maybe it explains the differences you've found.
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 10:05am
A custom request for a "N301" type composition and specs. Larger head size (160x150mm), 102mm handle and a customized logo.

Koto/Limba/ALC/Ayous/ALC/Limba/Koto - 93.5g - 6.0mm - 1460Hz










Back to Top
wappak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner
Avatar

Joined: 05/05/2019
Location: rising sun
Status: Offline
Points: 19
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

A custom request for a "N301" type composition and specs. Larger head size (160x150mm), 102mm handle and a customized logo.

Koto/Limba/ALC/Ayous/ALC/Limba/Koto - 93.5g - 6.0mm - 1460Hz










beautiful blade hipnotc, is that a custom lens logo on the handle?
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2019 at 5:18am
Originally posted by wappak wappak wrote:

beautiful blade hipnotc, is that a custom lens logo on the handle?

Thank you wappak. Yes, just as the owner requested.
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2019 at 1:54pm
There are not a lot of blades on the market with the core at 90 degrees. The only one I know is the Tibhar Lebesson, there could be others. So I wanted to try that. There are also not a lot of blades with Kevlar fiber, I wanted to try that too. For me this blade plays like a child of a Viscaria and a Long 5. Vislong? Locaria? I don't know, all I know is I like it very much.

Composition: Limba 0º/Kevlar/Limba 0º/Kiri 90º/Limba 0º/Kevlar/Limba 0º - 89.3g - 5.8mm - 1200 Hz
Headsize: 160x150mm
Handle: 102mm








Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2020 at 7:11am
This was supposed to be a custom request but the customer changed his mind. I liked the ideia so I decided to build it anyway. 

It's a popular composition koto/spruce/ayous, but made with hide glue. The result is a relatively fast but very solid 5 ply, no hollow feeling.

Composition: Koto/Spruce/Ayous/Spruce/Koto - 93g - 5.75mm - 1335 Hz
Headsize: 157x150mm
Handle: Flared, 100mm
Speed: Off-/Off












Edited by Hipnotic - 01/02/2020 at 10:46am
Back to Top
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member


Joined: 05/02/2015
Location: Vietnam
Status: Offline
Points: 711
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2020 at 8:02am
Just sent you a PM.

I would also be interested in the above blade if it was possible to insert a custom lense in the handle?
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2020 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

Just sent you a PM.

I would also be interested in the above blade if it was possible to insert a custom lense in the handle?

Just replied to your PM.
Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2020 at 2:03pm
This is my latest build, an All+ blade with the stripes of the Armenian flag in the handle, made for a forum member.

Limba/Black Limba/Ayous/Black Limba/Limba - 86.3g - 5.5mm - 1200 Hz










Back to Top
Aman1234 View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 12/09/2011
Location: Maryland
Status: Offline
Points: 76
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2020 at 8:52am
Looks great.  Can't wait until I receive it.  
BTY TBS
FH Tibhar Evolution FX-P
BH Donic Bluefire M3



Back to Top
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 09/30/2019
Location: Portugal
Status: Offline
Points: 36
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2020 at 10:23am
Another inner fiber blade with Limba outer. Wenge and ayous handle.

Unfortunately, things don't always go according to plan, but the ability to fix our mistakes is very important. Had a few setbacks with this build but I was able to save the blade and it plays very well.

Limba/Limba/ALC/Ayous/ALC/Limba/Limba - 86.7g - 5.6mm - 1250Hz






Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.

Become a Fan on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Web Wiz News
About MyTableTennis.NET | Forum Help | Disclaimer

MyTableTennis.NET is the trading name of Alex Table Tennis Ltd.

Copyright ©2003-2019 Alex Table Tennis Ltd. All rights reserved.