Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shadow Stroking with Mountain Man (2)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Shadow Stroking with Mountain Man (2)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shadow Stroking with Mountain Man (2)
    Posted: 10/20/2020 at 6:01pm
Latest of Mountain Man's TT videos.  Of course the most important thing to take note of is the beautiful lake in the background.  That is New Melones Lake just outside Sonora, Ca.  Before the lake was created the river and creeks that eventually filled it up were the home to some of the largest gold strikes during the Ca. Gold Rush.  Even today there are active gold mines in the area.

Number in ( ) in title will be increased each time new video is added.

A couple of better photos of the lake.

Mark

Edited by mjamja - 10/30/2020 at 8:22pm
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2020 at 2:39am
Pound dat LIKEY button...
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2020 at 6:56am
I like it that you are doing it at the table.  Being at the table is much more realistic than any other setting for table tennis.  Simulating the actual playing conditions as you are doing here is important, demonstrating a growth in your understanding of proper developmental conditions, designed for the purpose of your personal advancement in table tennis.

Donn

P.S. Is that a Viscaria?

Edited by DonnOlsen - 10/21/2020 at 6:58am
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2020 at 2:01pm
Lovely setting

>65yo, presently overweight rather than obese.
Darker Speed90 with T05H/Dignics05 and Darker Imperial with D80/D05.

Delusion is an asset
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2020 at 6:22pm
When I retire I'm just going to follow you around, ok?
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2020 at 7:38pm
I relaxed the dress code and let the mountain man play at my house.  
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Your welcome to join me.

As long as you bring a year's supply of Big Dipper and 802-40.

Mark 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Your welcome to join me.

As long as you bring a year's supply of Big Dipper and 802-40.

Mark 

Sorry I can't get 80240 anymore but they don't make it like they used to anyway. If those green pips ever become legal holy cow those things are insane
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2020 at 8:25pm
Mountain Man at it again.  Watch the background and wait for the zoom at the end.

Mark - Whose game is always blowing in the wind.

PS - That is actual a glider landing.  There is a big glider base right behind the campground.

Edited by mjamja - 10/30/2020 at 8:36pm
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2020 at 11:16pm
Were those wind turbines rotating before your shadow strokes?
A masseuse practicing social distancing rubs me the wrong way.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2020 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Were those wind turbines rotating before your shadow strokes?

Barely, but I got them spinning much faster.

A little known element of AOC's Green New Deal is funding for training 200,000 young shadow strokers to power neighborhood wind turbines.  Unfortunately they are training them with very oversize hardbats so they will be of no use to the US TT Olympic effort.

Mark - Who is doing his best for the environment by playing only all wood blades to limit his carbon footprint.

DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2020 at 7:21am
Does anyone else have a problem with observing a purportedly "Mountain Man" on such a remarkably flat land?  I quickly checked the definition of "mountain" and have determined that mountains are not flat.  Seriously, are we supposed to believe this guy?

And, by the way, it does not become a "Mountain Man" to winter in Texas, a place that is God's gift to flat land.

Just because we play table tennis, it doesn't necessarily mean we're stupid!
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2020 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Does anyone else have a problem with observing a purportedly "Mountain Man" on such a remarkably flat land?  I quickly checked the definition of "mountain" and have determined that mountains are not flat.  Seriously, are we supposed to believe this guy?

And, by the way, it does not become a "Mountain Man" to winter in Texas, a place that is God's gift to flat land.

Just because we play table tennis, it doesn't necessarily mean we're stupid!

Mountain Men live "in the mountains" and not just on the top of them.  There are high valley's and meadows which make for great camping precisely because they are flat.  Mountain Men are smart enough not to pitch their tent on a 60 deg slope with a 1000ft drop off one side.  

For your information Tehachapi is at 4000ft and is surrounded by a couple of peaks over 7000ft.  The highway up there is littered with the carcasses of semi trucks who died on the climb up there.

As to Tx being flat, let me note that my former hometown boasted an amazing climb up a 30ft high freeway overpass.  Of coarse it was not there until they built a freeway in the 70's.

Mark -  Who since camping near Mark Twain's cabin in Calaveras County ( think jumping frogs) feels compelled to whip up some yarns of his own.

Edited by mjamja - 11/01/2020 at 6:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic