tabletennis11.com

TSP Products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSP Products
    Posted: 07/13/2006 at 6:19am

Just got myself a 2006 TSP catalogue, all in Japanese of course so I can't even read it.

They have a lot rubbers and blades, most I've never seen or heard of. Do they have any really good products worthy of consideration?

Cheers!

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2006 at 9:52am
Pipsout:
TSP Tyranno, Spinpips(i think), Spectol(i think this one is the more popular one? - Li Jia Wei or something.), Curl P1R, dunno about the other Curl/Bamboo Curls.

Reversed:
Triple Spin. Never read anything about the others...

Blades:
Glassfibre-balsa system are nice.
The Hinoki Sel Zolt appeals to me.
Not sure about the rest.
Potato Face
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2006 at 10:08am
TSP Actor is a pretty good one, tried it out in Japan against one of their juniors.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2006 at 12:39pm
ya actor is very good with or with out glue I think it has better tensor effect than the donic rubbers
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2006 at 1:52pm
yea tsp actor is pretty good without glue.  f1 is better imo
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2006 at 8:03pm

Thanks guys!

I wonder why almost no-one seems to carry TSP?

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 12:14am
TSP products in English in here

TSP is a great brand, through no one seems to use their equipment for some reason.

They have good, spinny rubbers, the Triple series are very *sticky* spinny, along with the TSP Summit rubbers. TSP X's and Xs F1 are good to speed glue, and I've heard that their latest rubbers - Brio and another one, are quite fast and spinny.

And TSP pips out rubbers - both short and long, and very good, TSP Curl is a popular rubber, and they used to have some very popular long pips rubbers that were banned a few years ago.

They also have excellent blades, some very very fast wood, carbon, and texalium blades. Also their Reflex System blades have great feeling and control- very nice to play with (they have a rubbery layer between the blade and handle- nice feeling).
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2006 at 12:37am
Robbins Table Tennis Specialties carries TSP. You can find some product information here.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2006 at 9:29am

Thanks a lot guys, got some good details from those 2 sites!

I guess the lack of marketing and sponsorship explains why they are not as popular... prices are not exactly cheap either... but not too far from other Japanese brands.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Oso moroso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oso moroso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2006 at 3:19pm

Hey TT_Freak, have you played Actor rubber without glue? How would you (and brigredawgie) compare it or Real TSP with other rubbers in terms of speed and spin?

By the way, someone tried the Summit rubber?

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2006 at 11:55pm
It was ok, sort of like a cross between MarkV and F1.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2006 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Oso moroso Oso moroso wrote:

By the way, someone tried the Summit rubber?

Check my sig

The summit rubber is interesting, different to most of the rubbers I have used. It has quite a hard sponge but is reasonably springy. Quite a high throw angle and the rubber surface is quite tacky. It's a nice rubber if you are a smash and drive style player, and it's quite fast if you glue it up well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic