Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U.S. Open Challenge Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by The Observer The Observer wrote:

Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Primorac is a guy who know how to play choppers. 
Anyone know when the live streaming will start? Livestreaming schedule page is not setup on the USATT site.
Link is on ITTF, two feeds will start 11:30
thanks for the link! I think we should put that in the OP to get to it quick: after there are 30 more posts, it will be burried and harder to find.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

I don't think she will. Top 4 seeds are either stronger than her, or very close. Number 1 seed from ROM will loopkill everything and dominate against Zheng.

Didn't she beat Kasumi(WR #10!!!!!!!!!!) before?
=====================================

Yes indeed, in Chile Open (4-25-2012) - Zheng Jiaqi beat Ishikawa Kasumi.

=====================================

Other notes about Liang Yonghui.  This guy really knows how to play a chopper.  Then again Li Kewei is not as good as Shiono Masato.  After watching Liang Yonghui playing Dima video (2012 LA Open), I am impressed.  I think Liang Yonghui is ready for the international arena.
Liang Yonghui vs Dima:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDsgv7h4BZ0

Liang Yonghui has never played Eugene Wang before.  But Eugene Wang is a great player.  Here is the video of Eugene Wang in the final of Butterfly International Open.

webrry posted these links in another thread:

Edited by skip3119 - 07/03/2013 at 2:01pm
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 9:32am

Listed times are Las Vegas' time.
If you are on east coast, just add 3 hours to it.
Today's matches will start at 9:00 (Las Vegas' time), that will be 12:00 noon Eastern Time.

Today's matches on Table 1 and 2.  

Official ITTF Channel:

Edited by skip3119 - 07/04/2013 at 10:07am
skip3119
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 1:13pm
Zhang Xiangjing and Zhang Kai have to play each other in a Qual. group for U-21. That's ridiculous lol. That's like the final of a regular tournament. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Zhang Xiangjing and Zhang Kai have to play each other in a Qual. group for U-21. That's ridiculous lol. That's like the final of a regular tournament. 
====================================

TAO Wenzhang is also in U-21 event.

Not sure if TAO is weaker than either one of the two players that you mentioned.
(He played in 2011 Joola N. American Teams.  You can check whom he beat and to whom he lost to.)

It may surprise you big time if you take a look of his record.  (It certainly surprised me after I found out.)

*** There is one member here even guessed that TAO would win the regular event (not U-21).
*** His guess appears to have some basis for it, after I found out TAO's record.
*** He lost to Liu Song, but do check out the players that he beat. (A big surprise to me.)

Edited by skip3119 - 07/04/2013 at 4:31pm
skip3119
The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 6:39pm
Zheng Jiaqi out in first round, like I said, she is not that strong......

Also watched Tao Wenzhang, not that impressive at all, probably didn't train in China, with that kind of performance he won't go far.

Edited by The Observer - 07/04/2013 at 7:50pm
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 8:07pm
Tao Wenzhang lost two games to Nathan Hsu... idk if that means he wasn't trying or if he is that weak. I understand he's from the CNT B-squad though. 
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 8:10pm
He also lost in the first round to Zhao Anthony.....
who no know go know
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

No he didn't, that's a mistake
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

Oh...my bad. It sure didn't sound right.....lol.....but.....it's still there.
who no know go know
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 8:36pm

Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

Oh...my bad. It sure didn't sound right.....lol.....but.....it's still there.

They never turn the scoreboards so that its visible on live stream (for table 2), but I could've swore Tao went up 3-2 and when I came back at the end of the game, they were shaking hands at 6. 

Regardless its hard to believe that a guy who was 2750 1.5 years ago, and recently has been Zhang Jike's practice partner, is dropping games the way he has.
AJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 9:20pm
SHIONO Masato JPN will be playing soon.  

I wonder if someone can find out what equipment he is using.   He should confounded many top players in Japan Open.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 9:23pm
I'd like to know what Shiono is using... that guy makes me want to be a defender. 
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 9:27pm
I just checked the video (afternoon table 2 at 3h38):
Tao beat Zhao 12-10 in the 6th.
AJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 9:30pm
May be someone can ask Timothy Wang after the match.      Was it a usual LP and if it behaved relatively 'normal'.

According to the schedule, Shiono will be playing Timothy Wang at 11pm EST at Table 2, televised.

Edited by AJay - 07/04/2013 at 10:35pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 11:37pm
Masato Shiono is playing Timothy Wang on Table 2 live now.
Tim checked Masato's rubber shortly before match starts.
Tim lost 1st game 5 --- 11.

Edited by skip3119 - 07/04/2013 at 11:45pm
skip3119
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 11:44pm
Robert Svensson lost to Yang Ce from China - who is that guy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Shiono Masato is playing Timothy Wang on Table 2 live now.
The ref is so annoying, she is calling Timothy for not placing the ball exactly in the center of palm......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 11:49pm
Shiono's chops are soooo heavy..........the refs are destroying this match.

Edited by The Observer - 07/04/2013 at 11:52pm
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 12:24am

Shiono's chops are soooo heavy..........the refs are destroying this match.
Yeah, that referee needs to be tossed out! It's not like Wong's serves are all that illegal - clearly bothered his game - way to ruin a good match!

Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 12:24am
Not an enjoyable match to watch, Tim just can not concentrate to play - the umpire and score keeper just kept giving Tim a hard time.  Totally unfair.
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 12:47am
About the match of Masato Shiono vs Timothy Wang.

Too much nitpicking from the umpire and the scorekeeper (the referee is never called in) - totally ruin the match.  Tim just couldn't concentrate to play - woryying more about the umpire & scorekeeper than his opponent, Masato.

unfair to the players as well as on-site audiences and internet viewers.

*** Normally the scorekeeper doesn't play much of a role in a match, but not in this case. ***
*** A very strange situation, indeed. ***

Edited by skip3119 - 07/05/2013 at 2:21am
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 1:37am
On men's side:

64 players is now down to 16.
===============================
Guessing for the winner:

jrscatman:       Jens Lundqvist
emihet:            Masato Shiono
skip3119:         Masato Shiono
bogeyhunter:   Masato Shiono
roundrobin:      Masato Shiono
luckyloop:         Primorac Zoran
Pondus:            Robert Svensson    (Robert is gone)
Observer:         Tao Wenzhang
NextLevel:        Eugene Wang
beeray1  :         Eugene Wang
================================

skip3119 guessed Zheng Jiaqi would win women's event, but Jiaqi is gone very early.

Edited by skip3119 - 07/05/2013 at 1:38am
skip3119
Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 2:16am
I'm going with Eugene Wang.
USATT 1700 ··· 11/02/2013   ◄ ПЕШ
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 3:15am
I think Masato Shiono or Primorac will win. 
frontosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frontosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 4:04am
I am video taping a ton of matches (3 HD vid cams).  I was about to leave since I was tired but stayed to watch (and record) Primorac vs Liang.  Liang had his chances and Primorac won two games at deuce.  It was a very entertaining match.  Shiono destroyed Munoz of Mexico.  Another great match was Tao Wenzhang vs Wang Qingliang.  One match I did not get a chance to record but very entertaining was Wang Qingliang vs Liang Jishan.  Jishan lost a ton of points by wanting to end the point early and being impatient.  Still went seven games where Wang dominated game 7.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 8:17am
This tournament really shows us American players how much more improvement is needed to compete at an international level. 2600 level is not good enough.
who no know go know
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 9:22am
Making it an ITTF event literally transformed the tournament.

Honestly, I thought Tim Wang acquitted himself quite well - he played better than some of the top ranked players that knew Shiono already in Japan.

I think we all know that 2600 level is not good enough (aren't Jiaqi Zheng and Gao Jun around that level?)  What we need to know is whether any of these players can become world beaters as they get older, or whether if they can't do it by the age of 20, they should be given up on.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
assasin8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assasin8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 9:27am
This is my first US Open.  Wow.  A lot of kids, high level from here and abroad.  I would like to post two comments:

I had a conversation with a Canadian parent who lamented CTTA is so much unfair in continuing to recruit Chinese players and let them play for Canada in a short time.  If a Canadian wins or finish very high in an ITTF tournament, CTTA gets some $$$ from Canada sport - maybe like the equivalent of USOC.

I overheard two coaches lament the blatant understating of age of several Chinese hitting partners / coaches that are playing in the cadet event.  One coach said, it is already questionable if they played in the junior event, but to top this off - it is the cadet event that they are entered in!  Zhang Xiangjing, Qi Wei and Guo Hao were some of names mentioned as looking too old to play in the junior teams last tuesday.  Understating of age is not only unfair, it is bad for the sport.
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

About the match of Masato Shiono vs Timothy Wang.

Too much nitpicking from the umpire and the scorekeeper (the referee is never called in) - totally ruin the match.  Tim just couldn't concentrate to play - woryying more about the umpire & scorekeeper than his opponent, Masato.

unfair to the players as well as on-site audiences and internet viewers.

*** Normally the scorekeeper doesn't play much of a role in a match, but not in this case. ***
*** A very strange situation, indeed. ***
Hey, if an umpire can ruin the Women's final (gold medal match) in the Olympics, they certainly should be able to ruin an early round match in the US Open OuchDead

The referee was called in.  One of the commentators (Sean O'neill) pointed out that Tim was talking to the referee (who was out of camera shot) on the side.

Frankly, Tim kind of made the situation worse for himself by showing the ball to the assistant umpire before every serve.  Not only did it take away his concentration on playing the match, it made a loud statement to the umpires, "hey, I'm showing you up - dare to call my serve." 

You can bet they paid even more close attention to his serves after he started doing that.  His coach, Massi, should have told him to stop doing that.

Despite all that, Tim played a great match.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic