Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vega Intro vsĀ Vega Euro Comparison?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
typhoon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhoon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vega Intro vsĀ Vega Euro Comparison?
    Posted: 02/15/2020 at 11:23pm
Hi, 

Has anyone tried both Xiom Vega Europe and Xiom Vega Intro?
I would like to know the differences between the two in terms of spin, speed, and tackiness 
since I use the Vega Euro as a backhand rubber, and I plan to buy Vega Intro as a forehand rubber. 

Thanks,
Wink
MLC ST FH: Vega Asia(r)2.0 BH: Vega Europe(b)2.0 Testing Yasaka Galxya ST
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2020 at 2:03pm

This might help
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by typhoon1 typhoon1 wrote:

Hi, 

I would like to know the differences between the two in terms of spin, speed, and tackiness 
since I use the Vega Euro as a backhand rubber, and I plan to buy Vega Intro as a forehand rubber. 

Thanks,
Wink

Neither the Europe nor the Intro is tacky, they are grippy.
The Europe has slightly more spin capabilities and is bouncier.
The Intro has the harder sponge (47.5Ā° vs. 42.5Ā° for the Europe) and a harder (as well as less elastic) topsheet than the Europe. It plays very linear with a rather low throw (Europe has higher throw) and is an entry-level Tensor rubber, similar to classic rubber like Mark V and Sriver (a bit faster than both of those). It would be a strange set-up, but tastes are different. Vega Asia would probably make more sense, at least on paper.
typhoon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhoon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2020 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Skynet Skynet wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks,
Wink

The Intro has the harder sponge (47.5Ā° vs. 42.5Ā° for the Europe) and a harder (as well as less elastic) topsheet than the Europe. It plays very linear with a rather low throw (Europe has higher throw) and is an entry-level Tensor rubber, similar to classic rubber like Mark V and Sriver (a bit faster than both of those). It would be a strange set-up, but tastes are different. Vega Asia would probably make more sense, at least on paper.

Thank you for your response. Do you mean Vega Asia should be a forehand rubber instead of 
Vega Intro if I use the Vega Euro as a backhand rubber?

MLC ST FH: Vega Asia(r)2.0 BH: Vega Europe(b)2.0 Testing Yasaka Galxya ST
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 1:56am

Originally posted by Skynet Skynet wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks,
Wink

Thank you for your response. Do you mean Vega Asia should be a forehand rubber instead of 
Vega Intro if I use the Vega Euro as a backhand rubber?

Well, if your signature is correct, you are already using the Vega Asia and are therefore familiar with it. As I do not know your level (and preferred style) of play you might want to tell us what is "wrong" with the Vega Asia and why you want to change it.
That being said, having a Vega Asia/ Vega Europe set-up is similar to having a Tenergy 64 /64fx set-up (the Tenergys of course having the heiger ceiling) and to switch the Asia for the Intro would be a downgrade by one or two levels (performance-wise). Like switching from T64 to Sriver (with 64fx still on bh) or switching from Rakza 7 to Mark V (with Rakza 7 soft on bh); it would be really odd, but as I said: tastes and demands are different.

Edited by Skynet - 02/17/2020 at 1:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic