Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Video: Debraj wielding Palio Thors :-) club match
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video: Debraj wielding Palio Thors :-) club match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video: Debraj wielding Palio Thors :-) club match
    Posted: 12/06/2010 at 5:15pm
Okay, made it, finally... heres the video. 

see video description for more info!! 

For those who don't have much time... game 2 (7:40 min)  is more interesting than game 1 and 3...as i am facing the camera..with Thor's :)

Edited by debraj - 12/06/2010 at 5:15pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 5:28pm
I feel bad for your buddy. He looked like he was having a rough time. I know those games... I make a few stupid mistakes and then I get angry... then the angrier I become, the more stupid mistakes I make... which of course makes me even more angry.

This often culminates in teeth marks on my racket. Angry  LOL
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 5:34pm
haha... !! thanks for watching.. yes, he is a better player than that...definitely not his best game.

[...not mine either Wink]

Edited by debraj - 12/06/2010 at 5:34pm
vid1
Vid 2
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 6:11pm
Great game plan by you, your angled serves wide to his (lefties forehand) was a winner every time whenever you added a bit more topspin his missed 95% of the blocks
 Pat just looked like he was going to have one of those games ,he just need to be ready to move and also his backhand looks vulnrable as he take the ball too wide and late and his body angle was wrong (the only time he got it right was late in set 3) where he was more square to the incomming topspin and took the ball in front for a great block. On the whole you were too consistant and had a basic game plan
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 6:59pm
smackman: thx for your comments... not a very representative game from both of us.. but my first game recorded with my new kodak zx3. hope to record some higher level game with better players soon. :) 
vid1
Vid 2
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 6:44am
সার্ভ আপনি দারুন করেন এটা স্বীকার করতেই হবে।
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 7:32am
Deb I saw in the other post where I am too scared to ask any questions since I will get shouted down as a giraffe to a ladder or some dumb comment for why I can't give my opinion.

So I will stay here longer as I have always had a respect for your thoughts on how rubbers work.

You mentioned that the tack is wearing off quickly, is that right?

What would you say is the tack?  Is it sprayed on just the top layer?  Is it kind of like ESN rubbers where your finger will destroy the sheen quickly?  And is the sponge at all porous like hexer or tenergy?

thanks mate
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
friendship View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 7:33am
well said saif Big smile

debraj, i really like placement of some of your serves Smile you do it all of a sudden and totally unpredictable yet precise, earning yourself easy either direct or 3rd ball attack points. i think this makes difference among two of you
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by friendship friendship wrote:

well said saif Big smile

debraj, i really like placement of some of your serves Smile you do it all of a sudden and totally unpredictable yet precise, earning yourself easy either direct or 3rd ball attack points. i think this makes difference among two of you

Thanks friendship. I must say I'm really surprised to see someone other than Debraj would understand that.LOL
I think he needs to be more aggressive with 3rd ball.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 12:26pm
Boz:

I don't think JimT meant what he said as harshly as it may have sounded. And even if he did, let me say for the record that I, for one, always appreciate and respect your opinion. Smile I'm sure there are many others that do as well.

I'm surprised to hear debraj say that his Thor's has lost tack. I have played with my sheet for over 20 hours now, and if mine has lost any tack it has to be a miniscule amount. I hope to make a vid sometime in the next couple weeks, and in it I will show you that the rubber will pick up a ball for about a second, which is as good as it was when I first opened the rubber. As another example, the protector sheet that I put on it is just a piece of plastic with no adhesive; yet it still sticks as firmly on the rubber as it did on day one, and it is consistent across it's surface.

In addition, I'd like to add an observation that is meant to be a bit of constructive criticism for debraj:

You've mentioned a few times about rubbers being inconsistent in their surface grip/tack. I noticed, however, that on your forehand stroke your wrist is quite loose. Too loose, in my opinion (but I could be wrong, and please take no offense. Just my opinion, and I'm just trying to be constructive! Smile) Anyway, such a loose wrist will necessarily result in inconsistent shots, whether inconsistent power, inconsistent control, or inconsistent spin. In my experience, the latter is the most affected.

So I wonder if your rubbers have really lost that much grip/tack in the past, or if it's just a perception based on that loose wrist.

I don't really know... and I could be wrong... and I certainly don't mean any offense by it. Take it or leave it. And feel free to critique my technique when I get around to posting my vid. Big smile

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 12:38pm
Debraj, interesting video and thank you for posting!

Your forehand looks significantly evolved in terms of control in matchplay, smoothness and taking the right shot at the right time - since the initial video against Sergey (btw congrats to him for briefly breaking 2000 last year - what a strange style and explosive FH he has).

It really looks like Thor's is a "good fit" for how you want to use your FH - BRAVO!

And watching game 1, Pat clearly looks like he's in control early, but the game gets away from him, due in no small part to your placement and moving him about.

Game 1 - Pat hits 5 balls long off the table (3 topspins, 2 pushes) At least 2 of these were because you moved him out of position and forced him to take a shot from a bad position.

Is Pat by any chance using an OFF/OFF+ blade? Wink
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Deb I saw in the other post where I am too scared to ask any questions since I will get shouted down as a giraffe to a ladder or some dumb comment for why I can't give my opinion.

So I will stay here longer as I have always had a respect for your thoughts on how rubbers work.

You mentioned that the tack is wearing off quickly, is that right?

What would you say is the tack?  Is it sprayed on just the top layer?  Is it kind of like ESN rubbers where your finger will destroy the sheen quickly?  And is the sponge at all porous like hexer or tenergy?

thanks mate

no boz, i know that sounds like the regular esn trail... but its different. seriously! i do not want to anyway indicate that the it is going through the same loss of grip as in esn rubber...which even other palio esn rubbers do to a lesser extent than prolly donic rubbers.

this grip loss is more like...even if you play a old time tacky rubber like tackspeed 2000, after a few weeks the fine rubber surface would have some abrasion... and also prolly some microscopic particle embedding on it... reducing the grip. it is miniscule.. and but for my EJ spirit, i could definitely continue to play with it unlike say acuda (where have to have to tune). 

the topsheet is more like gum rubber... you know!! those guyey latex like hands which you throw to the wall and stick there... that type of soft flowy stuff,  not that exhaggerated ....but just to explain the concept. 

and not to disappoint you on tenrrgy... but just to express my fair opinion: the loss of grip after 2-3 weeks is 

say 10 in acuda, 
say 9 in hexer
say 6 in tenergy
then 3 in thors
and 2 in older 729 rubbers

i have played with Thors a fair bit now... been 4-5 weeks which is about 12*4=48 hours before i first even thought of touching paraffin oil. no esn rubber ever does that.

vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 2:01pm
friendship and saif: don't embarras me!! Embarrassed

saif...i completely agree with your recommendation. and that's why i needed as much spin from the rubber... and hence tuning thors. i will work on that, and you will see me improve on my next video..promise!

Edited by debraj - 12/07/2010 at 2:03pm
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 2:10pm
anton...i responded to boz before reading your comment... hope that answers. also i played almost double the time you played with thors. and yes it is miniscule. 

hey c'mon ... i din't like that caveat of yours. i though you knew me by now.  

my wrist has one major problem that of bending while looping. multiple times my coach and (others coach) have told me that this will create problem in my shoulder... and it did (rotator cuff). also this makes the ball placement very obvious for the opponent to read. it is on  my list to correct. 

but no one told me about wrist being too loose, and i personally don't feel so...rather feel kinds too stiff in pressure stiuation. but possible... i am not denying you. just want to re-confirm... are you sure you are not thinking of the loose wrist because it is bent downwards? 
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Debraj, interesting video and thank you for posting!

Your forehand looks significantly evolved in terms of control in matchplay, smoothness and taking the right shot at the right time - since the initial video against Sergey (btw congrats to him for briefly breaking 2000 last year - what a strange style and explosive FH he has).

It really looks like Thor's is a "good fit" for how you want to use your FH - BRAVO!

And watching game 1, Pat clearly looks like he's in control early, but the game gets away from him, due in no small part to your placement and moving him about.

Game 1 - Pat hits 5 balls long off the table (3 topspins, 2 pushes) At least 2 of these were because you moved him out of position and forced him to take a shot from a bad position.

Is Pat by any chance using an OFF/OFF+ blade? Wink

icontek...thanks for your comments, and for taking time to count and analyze the strokes.thx.

pattrice is using some light tibhar blade ... good chance that the center ply is balsa (not thick balsa but like viscaria) .... i tried and couldn't play with that blade...it felt mor like all+/off- 

funny thing with sergey is that he plays with a clow heavy blade and even slower and very soft rubbers. and while looking at the video you may feel his FH is blasting... while playing you realize that the ball lands at 1/3rd the speed you had estimated from his effort. And guess what!! that kills you... you completely misread the speed (hardly any) ... and spin (barely any)...and end up in stupid mistake.
plus he never misses ... oh really!! never... till you actually force him to win the point... he will give you not even a single free point. 

Edited by debraj - 12/07/2010 at 2:49pm
vid1
Vid 2
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

anton...i responded to boz before reading your comment... hope that answers. also i played almost double the time you played with thors. and yes it is miniscule. 

hey c'mon ... i din't like that caveat of yours. i though you knew me by now.  

my wrist has one major problem that of bending while looping. multiple times my coach and (others coach) have told me that this will create problem in my shoulder... and it did (rotator cuff). also this makes the ball placement very obvious for the opponent to read. it is on  my list to correct. 

but no one told me about wrist being too loose, and i personally don't feel so...rather feel kinds too stiff in pressure stiuation. but possible... i am not denying you. just want to re-confirm... are you sure you are not thinking of the loose wrist because it is bent downwards? 

Maybe "loose" isn't precisely the correct term. It seems "unstable". Perhaps this instability comes from too tight a grip (as in, not loose enough)... which makes my choice of words even poorer. LOL

But yeah... your wrist looks a bit unstable. I know that when I have those issues, the most salient outcome is inconsistency in my shots. I guess I said "loose" because the instability makes it appear as though your wrist is kind of "flopping around" a bit. (Again, "flopping around" might not be the best description either, simply because it sounds too extreme. But hopefully it conveys my point well enough.)

I know it's good to be relaxed when hitting, but in my experience, it's only good to "relax" when one has the correct technique. For instance, when I first started learning "proper" technique, my old coach always used to remind me, "Fix your wrist, fix your wrist!" He meant for me to keep it stable and not let it, well... flop around. LOL My suggestion for you would be to "fix your wrist" a bit more. I don't mean more tension. I mean to keep it fixed in one place and use your body more when swinging. In my experience, unless my hitting partner is all over the place, I shouldn't be adjusting/changing the angle of my paddle much between each shot. My wrist should be fixed in place and I should adjust to the varying heights of the incoming balls with my legs (by squatting more for low balls, etc.). Try not to make adjustments with your wrist as much by keeping it firm (but not tight).

I don't know... it's really difficult to explain technique online. I'd rather demonstrate it physically. And on top of that, I might not even be "correct" in my suggestion. Maybe something to think about, maybe not. But thank you for indulging me. LOL

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 1:02pm
anton... i think i got it... but yes, it seems to be related to the same complaint i get from coaches here.

So on a positive note... you can start coaching!!Hug
vid1
Vid 2
jinbei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinbei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 6:59pm
hi Debraj i don't want to be impolit but i've don't understand all in the video, you say you have 1650 points you and your friends.When i see the video i think you have not this level ( for me 9 )
And your friend speak french ( i'm french) and your  location his USA.
Sorry if i'm desagreable. 
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 2:46am
Originally posted by jinbei jinbei wrote:

hi Debraj i don't want to be impolit but i've don't understand all in the video, you say you have 1650 points you and your friends.When i see the video i think you have not this level ( for me 9 )

sorry ... what? well ...whatever. hope you are not sid or verghese by any chance. do they have forums in france? my best wishes ...bonjour.Confused

vid1
Vid 2
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 10:51am

.. but my first game recorded with my new kodak zx3. hope to record some higher level game with better players soon. :) 
Off-topic.  How far back was your zx3 placed.  It did not adequately capture both players in the frame and was wondering how far back you had it.  Have you determined how far back it needs to be placed in order to cover a typical US TT tournament court (i.e., is placing it at the barriers too close in a typical tournament setup too close?) Also, what did you record this video at - 1280p @ 30 fps or 720p at 60 or 30 fps.  Can you use any tripod with this camcorder?  How is battery life?  I'm interested in an inexpensive camcorder to record my play for analysis, so all these questions.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 11:03am
it wasn't placed far enough.... moreover i didn't get the bext angle which would have been somewhat behing one player.

i recorded 720p to save memory

battery life is very good. it rather surprised me...i could records 5 such matches including practice...and still had some battery left. i will definitely reccomend it from battery life prespective.

yeah i used it with a tripod only .
vid1
Vid 2
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 11:55am
Originally posted by jinbei jinbei wrote:

jinbei - it is nearly impossible to judge players rating level by looking at their video. So we have stopped (almost Wink) doing that here, on the forum.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
NoFootwork View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoFootwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 12:07pm

it wasn't placed far enough.... moreover i didn't get the bext angle which would have been somewhat behing one player.

i recorded 720p to save memory

battery life is very good. it rather surprised me...i could records 5 such matches including practice...and still had some battery left. i will definitely reccomend it from battery life prespective.

yeah i used it with a tripod only .
Thanks.  Do you remember about how far back the camera was placed for this video.  Have you played around with its placement to see how far back it needs to be placed to properly capture a TT court.  Is there a wide angle lense accessory available that might help with this issue.  Also, did you record in 720p at 30 fps or 720p at 60fps.

I like its convenience, price and it looks like pretty decent video quality for capturing TT in a typical indoor light setting.  Just am concerned about the wide angle aspect of it.  Also recording at 720p at 60fps will elimate/reduce arm blur and allow better study in slow motion.  Have you looked into that as well.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 1:21pm
30fps...to save space

also in this club they dont have a standard sized tt arena... and there are walls on both ends... so i had to place the camera somewhat square than where it should have been.
vid1
Vid 2
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 1:39pm
I can't see the video. The msg reads "

Alert icon
This video is private.

Is there a way to work around?
Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 1:53pm

Debraj has given a precise deviation for his rating - 1800 plus/minus 50.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 2:04pm
imago...That's my club rating ...usatt rating is still around 1650 ...reminiscent of a spinmax accedent. 

Our club is calibrated conservatively with usatt... having some 2200-2300 level players, rated as 2000.  My best club rating so far was =1910. (http://pong.qfwfq.org/sacrec/profile/5032)

vid1
Vid 2
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Tinykin_2 Tinykin_2 wrote:

I can't see the video. The msg reads "

Alert icon
This video is private.

Is there a way to work around?

Yes same here... did you change the privacy settings debraj?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 2:36pm

That's a club! 640 members sounds wonderful. And the software is very impressive.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2010 at 3:03pm
should be okay now.... !! ... yeah i will make it private after you guys see it. 
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic